Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup
[Reviews - 1]
Printer
Table of Contents
- Text Size +


Story Notes:
Crossover between CSI, CSI:NY, CSI:Miami, and House
Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: If you recognize the characters, I don't own them.

“Okay, are everything set?” a male voice says from a corner of the dark room they’re all gathered in.

“Yep, we snuck into the apartment where they’re holding the meeting and took care of everything. All the windows have been sealed shut, so the fumes will be contained, the fire department can be here within minutes if needed, and . . .” the voice trails off as the person talking ducks under the line of sight of the window, even though nobody can see into the darkened room. “They’re arriving now.”

“Okay, everybody’s there.” The same voice says. “Monroe, Sidle, Boa Vista, David, Sheppard, and three other women.”

The men in the other room wait, frequently checking their watches as they watch everybody go in the apartment, smiling as a muffled explosion reaches their ears.

“Okay, everybody out.” The same voice orders, and the door across the room opens, allowing the various shadowy figures to slip silently out, joining the crowd rapidly forming outside. Those who are in the law enforcement field rapidly start evacuating the other occupants of the apartment building.

The next day, four ME’s look up as the last body is put away in a drawer. They look at each other, pull off their gloves, and at a nod, one of them picks up a phone, calling a roomful of people down to the morgue.

“Okay, we finished the last of the autopsies.” Sheldon says, sighing as he drops into a chair. “And I thought that this was an urban legend. If I wasn’t so damn tired, I’d send it to the Mythbusters. . .”

“Sheldon,” Mac says calmly, “Stop babbling and tell us what happened.”

“Okay first, are we sure that it wasn’t a gas explosion?” Danny asks, looking around at the others.

“Yes and no, it was an explosion caused by gas, but not the gas you’re thinking about.” Alexx says, looking at the pile of autopsy reports waiting to be transcribed into final reports. “It wasn’t propane or any other gas you expect to find in an apartment, it was methane, which is usually found in decomposing human waste and in other emissions.”

“Huh?” Eric Delko asks, blinking.

“She means farts, guys.” Danny Messer snickers. “So, you’re trying to tell us that somebody farting caused the explosion.” All four medical examiners nod. “No fucking way.”

“Yes way.” Sheldon snorts. “We were able to trace the spark that caused the fire to faulty wiring. I don’t know how long it took for the methane to build, but everybody there was dead before the explosion, there were no traces of smoke in their lungs.”

“Poison?” Gibbs asks, looking at the drawers that contain the bodies of one of his team members and the former director of the agency.

“I can’t be sure without the bloodwork coming back, but I’d say that everybody died of suffocation.”

“Jesus, what the hell were they eating?” a male voice from the doorway says as a figure, leaning on a cane, comes into view. “Sorry to interrupt. Dr. Gregory House, I was told to come down here and positively identify two bodies that were found in a fire yesterday as the Administrator of my hospital and one of my coworkers?”

“Ahh yes, we were told to expect you.” Sid says, going off with House to identify the bodies from pictures. “They were the last two bodies we were waiting for a positive identification on.” Sid’s voice can be heard trailing off.

“So Sheldon, when can the bodies be released?” Mac asks.

“They can be released anytime.” Sheldon says. “Dr. Mallard, Dr. Woods, thank you for jumping in and helping with the autopsies.”

“It was our pleasure.” Ducky and Alexx says, shooting looks at two drawers. “Oh believe me,” they mutter under their breath, “it was my pleasure.”

“I still don’t understand, what would your ADA be doing here in New York, Horatio?” Mac can be heard asking from the hallway as Sid and Sheldon usher everybody out the door.