Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup
[Reviews - 1]
Printer
Table of Contents
- Text Size +


Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: If you recognize the characters, they're not mine.

“Okay Mac,” Sid Hammerback says, looking down at the body of Lindsay Monroe on his slab. “Tell me again, how she died?”

“I don't know how she died Sid, she was okay when we got the call. She went off to talk to a witness while I examined the body, I could hear her smarting off to a witness, I was about ready to turn and call her over so I could talk to her quietly about her attitude, I heard a voice cut through hers, not raised but I could still hear the witness from where I was crouched, I saw a flash of something, I turned around, saw Lindsay wincing with her knuckles in her mouth, we got the body loaded and left Don to placate the witnesses and left.”

“Lindsay died after she got rapped on the knuckles by a nun with a ruler?” Sheldon says in disbelief, coming into the room with Danny and Stella.

“That's the only injury I saw. She seemed fine when we got back to the lab, but I found her collapsed in the locker room a couple hours later.”

“She got smacked by a nun?” Stella asks in disbelief, still not believing it.

“You've never went to a catholic school, have you Stella?” Danny asks, smirking. “Nuns are a law unto themselves, and they take no shit from anybody. I'm not surprised one of them whacked Montana with a ruler for lipping off to her.”

“Don't tell me you're scared of a nun?” Stella asks, disbelieving.

“Oh Hell ya. I still got the scars on my knuckles from the ruler for fidgeting in class.” Danny says.

Mac nods to Sid as they leave the room. Sid looks up as a yelp “What the heck was that for, Mac?”

“For calling Monroe Montana all the time.” Mac grumbles. “Now you've got me doing it.”

Sid smiles as he pulls up his glasses and starts the autopsy. “Okay my dear, let's see how you really died. I don't care what Danny says, I still don't believe somebody can die from getting a rap on the knuckles from a ruler.”