Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup
[Reviews - 2]
Printer
Table of Contents
- Text Size +


Story Notes:
For once Danny didn’t have to clean up after Montana.
Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: If you recognize the characters, I don't own them.

Mac looks up at the ceiling as he puts the phone carefully down, sighing and counting to ten before he waves Stella towards his office.

Stella, who is not about to deny the fact she’d been hovering outside the glass walls, immediately walks over, opens the door, and sticks her head into the room. “Mac, Lindsay isn’t here yet.”

“Yeah, I know.” Mac sighs. “Can you call everybody else in, I’d rather give you all the news at once, so I don’t have to repeat myself.”

Stella looks at him, then nods, shutting the door behind her. Ten minutes later, she returns pushing Danny ahead of her.

“Dammit Stella, I said I’d be right out. You didn’t have to walk in the men’s room after me.” He says. “Adam isn’t going to stop blushing for a week.”

Mac snorts despite himself as Don and Sheldon start snickering.

“Okay Mac, we’re all here.” She drops into a chair. “What’s going on?”

“Okay, that was a call from the American embassy in Ireland. According to the authorities over there, Lindsay and her parents were getting ready to fly home yesterday when they decided to make one last stop at the Blarney Stone because. . .”

“We don’t have those in Montana.” Everybody else says in unison, imitating Lindsay’s whining voice.

Mac sighs. “Anyway, it seems there was an accident while they were there. Lindsay decided to kiss the Blarney stone. . .”

“Montana didn’t need any help, she already has a big mouth.” Danny mutters.

“Anyway, as I was saying, she decided to kiss the Blarney stone. I don’t know if anybody else knows this, but to kiss the Blarney Stone, you have to hang upside down from a railing. Somehow, Lindsay slipped and fell. She died of massive head wounds. Her parents are having her body sent back to Montana so they can bury her there. They asked us to have somebody box up her belongings and send them back to Montana.”

Everybody looks at him in stunned silence for a second before Danny starts snickering. “Does this mean we can have a traditional Irish Wake for Montana?”

“In other words, get drunk and have a party?” Mac snorts. “Probably, I need to find Lindsay’s address, contact her landlord and tell them what happened, and clean out her apartment. Danny, what’s the matter now?” He asks as Danny starts snickering again, ending up sliding out of his chair and rolling on the floor.

“Anybody want to bet they have a ‘thank god she’s gone’ party there too?” He gasps, trying to catch his breath.