Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup
[Reviews - 0]
Printer
Table of Contents
- Text Size +


Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: If you recognize the characters, they're not mine.

Mac looks down at the body lying on the morgue slab, then looks up at Sid as he pulls his glasses up, listening to them click firmly in place.

“Did you find out how she died Sid?”

“Yes, there was a grape stuck in her esophagus. It wasn't enough for her to suffocate, but it was enough to cause her some discomfort. I believe that she was probably going to get something to eat or drink to dislodge the grape.

“Right, we found her in the break room. But what happened?”

“I also found traces of a banana in her esophagus, so I assume she ate a banana in an effort to move the grape. I can only assume she went to throw away the skin, missed the garbage can and stepped on the banana skin since I found traces of it on the bottom of her right foot.”

“You're saying she slipped on a banana peel?”

“It would appear so, when she slipped on the banana peel she hit her head on the edge of the counter. She died of a closed head brain injury.”

“Okay, let me see if I can get this straight. She ate a grape, got one stuck in her throat, ate a banana in the effort to dislodge it, slipped on the banana peel, and hit her head?”

“Yes Indeed.”

“Jeez Monroe, couldn't you just had had a hamburger like the rest of us? I told you that damn health food kick of yours would be the death of you.” Mac mumbles under his breath as he turns to leave the morgue, wondering how the hell he's going to write this up in a report.