Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup
[Reviews - 0]
Printer
Table of Contents
- Text Size +


Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: If you recognize the characters, I don't own them.

“Okay you two, tell me what happened this time?” Mac asks, looking at Stella and Danny, who are trying desperately to keep straight faces. He turns to look at Sheldon Hawkes. “What happened?”

“Don't look at me,” Sheldon says, holding up a hand in a stop motion. “I just found the body.”

“Montana was being a whiny little brat.” Danny snorts. “Stella's the only one who's taken the classes to use the new machine, but she kept whining that she should have a chance at it. It wasn't fair.” Danny says in a excellent mimicry of Lindsay's 'We don't have . . . . in Montana.' whine. Stella finally had enough and told her act like a two year old, be treated like a two year old, grabbed a stool, shoved it in a corner of the lab and told her to sit in the corner until she could learn to act like a grown up.” Stella just looks at Mac's disbelieving look with a raised eyebrow.

“And the dunce cap?”

Danny starts snickering. “That was my contribution. She kept whining in the corner that she was going to tell you we were being mean to her. I told her to shut up, she was acting like a brat. One more word out of her, and I was going to put a traffic cone on her head like a dunce cap. She did and I did. She then said she was going to hold her breath until she turned blue, I told her to go ahead, otherwise I'd have to get the duct tape out.”

“And you didn't notice that she wasn't breathing?” Mac asks sarcastically.

“You called us in for that special meeting two seconds later.” Stella says, glaring back at Mac. “Who knew she'd be so stupid and actually hold her breath until she passed out. Shut up, Danny.” she says, glaring at the other man as he starts to snicker and raise a hand.

“I found her slumped in the lab when I went to see if Stella or Danny had any news for me.” Sheldon says, taking up his part of the tale. “It couldn't have been more than two or three minutes. I wasn't able to revive her. I called Sid and he brought her down to the morgue.”

“You're bound and determined to give me a stroke aren't you?” Mac asks the room at large. “Dammit, I hate filling out the paperwork to get a new CSI. Get out of here, all of you.” He orders, turning on the computer and waving a hand at the others.

“Hey Mac, when you get a new one, make sure she's not like Lindsay, huh?” Danny whispers as Stella and Sheldon leave the office. He's glad Mac had pulled the blinds as he leans across the desk and pulls Mac toward him, planting a kiss on his lover's lips. “I don't like whiny ass women who keep trying to get in my man's pants. Later, I'll keep something warm for you in the oven.” he says, whistling as he leaves the office.

Meanwhile, down in the morgue Sid starts the autopsy on Lindsay by pulling his glasses up from his neck until they click in place. “Well my dear, you sure picked a stupid way to die, didn't you?”