New Gods by Trix
Summary: When Willow goes to extremes to protect Xander she set in motion something very unexpected and may well have saved the world. Huh, go figure.
Categories: Buffy/Angel Crossovers > Other TV, Buffy/Angel Crossovers > Harry Potter, Buffy/Angel Crossovers > CSI/NCIS, Buffy/Angel Crossovers > Herc/Xena-verse Characters: None
Genres: AU
Warnings: Angst
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: No Word count: 3890 Read: 114988 Published: 2009.03.23 Updated: 2012.05.05
Chapter 3 by Trix
Author's Notes:
well this is chapter two it is supposed to explain thing and will b longer but I wanted to see if there were more things to explain. Xander responsibilities and powers will be further explained after he leaves sunnydale.
Willow was beginning to worry, she had cast the spell as well as she knew how but there was no sign of Xander. She couldn't have been to late, she'd worked as quickly as she could, she would not accept that she had been too late to save him. No, Xander was fine, he was just, misplaced, at the moment. She would find him and check on the spell and everything would be fine. She knew it would be. And she was a very powerful witch and if the world didn't make it OK from the start she would find a spell to make it.



Xander walked in to the magic box, he had made with the neat teleporty skills to get to Sunnydale but he didn't really want to scare anyone into attacking him so he walked into the Magic box.

"Hi guys."

"Xander!" Willow flew from her seat where Giles had been yelling at her and put his arms around him. "I'm so glad you're OK. I cast a spell to get you safe but when you didn't show up I was worried." She stopped hugging him for a moment and slapped him on the arm. "That's for worrying me mister. Where were you? What happened?"

Xander smiled, there was nothing else in the world quite like Willowbabble and it did answer the question of what weird thing had happened to him quite nicely, willow had indeed goofed.

"I love you too Willow. I'm not entirely sure what happened, or where I was, but it did heal me quite nicely and apart from figuring out how to get back I didn't have any problems. What did you do exactly Willow?"

Willow blushed a light pink. "Why? It did what it was supposed to right?"

"Because, Willow, the next customer will buy a set of purple candles instead of the red she was supposed to get for her spell. The next one will look around and leave without anything. Buffy's date tonight will be terrible and require a fully stocked fridge with chocolate icecream. Do you want me to go on?"

"Oh, I didn't mean to do that."

"Which is why we need to know exactly what you did Willow." Giles said in a put upon voice that said he had been trying to get that message through for some time now. "And what you used, not everything in here is suitable for casting with."

"Fine." Willow sighed. "It's at my house."



In Willow's room at the Rosenberg house they found an ornate dagger, a pendant, two blue stones and a wide assortment of bowls and herbs and candles. There were also a lot of books, but since they hadn't been part of the spell they left them alone for now though Giles look told them he would be yelling later.

"What was the spell you used Willow?"

"To protect the weakest friend
let me now to safety send
to keep him safe and guarded always
to never let him suffer needless
bring him home to shelter true
where evil never enter can
where only he is in command"

"That still doesn't explain the sudden precognitive abilities. What herbs did you use?"

"Bayleaf, angelica, aloe, star anise, basil, calendula, caraway, cayenne, dill, lemongrass, oregano and parsley for protection, Hyssop also for protection and also for cleansing, rosemary, ginseng and horhound to protect him from evil. Garlic for protection from evil and illness, marjoram for protection against negativity and evil intent, coriander for safety in the home, chamomile for protection from spells and curses."


"These bayleafs are fresh which encourage clairvoyance. Hyssop incense is used to gain powers. Rosemary will also aid in memory and learning. Marjoram is also used for psychic enhancement. Coriander is also supposed to give immortality and to help you find things in common with others. Anise will also help with spiritual and psychic development. Calendula is also used for prophetic dreams and psychic development. Lemongrass helps in spiritual growth, psychic powers and divination. oregano will promote prophetic dreams. Parsley helps you communicate with other planes, and also with divination."

"What is the rest?"

"Lapis lazuli for protection."

"This is Lapis lazuli and dumortierite which combined enhance psychic powers." Giles was beginning to sound rather tired.

"I used the dagger to trace the seals with, I know it's OK because I borrowed it from you spell things."

"This dagger was used when Ethan and I summoned demons in our youth, it is completely unsuitable for this. And what is that pendant?"

"I'm not really sure, it just felt like a really good idea to keep it with me when I did this."

"And this did not in any way make you suspicious or apprehensive about it?"

"Umm no."

"Oh Dear."

"So G-man what happened here?"

"Well in her effort to make a protection spell, Willow made a spell to give you powers and mental abilities specifically precognition. She also used a dagger used for summoning things from other planes, along with the parsley for communication. And she powered the whole thing with a chaos pendant. Also she tried to send you home to shelter true where evil never enter can. Which precludes most of the places on this plane apart form some monasteries and such. And with the line of where only he is in command we have to rule those out too. Can you tell me where you were?"

"This really quiet place with a lot of marble."

"That fit in on many of the higher realms."

"Don't worry about it G-man. I think I have it pretty much covered." Xander smirked and disappeared in a shower of pretty sparkles.

"Oh dear." said Giles and started polishing his glasses.

Once back on Olympus Xander sat down and considered his options. He was a God, which was pretty cool, even if he was just a minor deity like oracles, but it came with a lot of responsibility. He had a bunch of people he was now responsible for. All the oracles, seers and prophets were his and needed his guidance and occasionally his protection. Then there was the little matter of all the other powersymbols, they really should be embodied in someone. Xander sighed, this whole God thing was going to be a lot of work.

Xander reached his awareness out for those who belonged to him, nothing much stood out, there were a few people in trouble and a few others who were abusing their powers, but nothing urgent. A flair of familiarity caught his attention, she was not yet awakened but the potential was there. Since she was close to one who was already his he simply sent a message to protect her and left it at that, he had other work to do for now. Later he would make sure all those who had a seer's gift and thus belonged to him were appropriately protected and properly behaved. The world didn't need some prophecies and some of them had to be removed from the people who thought hiding them would keep them from coming true.
This story archived at http://imagine.e-fic.com/viewstory.php?sid=177