Wipeout--Gundam Wing Style by josette grover
Summary:

One bored pilot and a game show--What could possibly go wrong???

 

In case anybody had any doubts, this is pure crack


Categories: Non Buffy/Angel Crossovers, Non Buffy/Angel Crossovers > Anime Characters: None
Genres: AU, PWP
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 2 Completed: No Word count: 774 Read: 26630 Published: 2009.07.31 Updated: 2009.08.01
Story Notes:
Did I mention the crack?

1. Chapter 1 by josette grover

2. Chapter 2 by josette grover

Chapter 1 by josette grover

“Up next, we have Duo Maxwell, he's one of our youngest contestants today. Jill spoke to him earlier.”


“Hello Mr. Maxwell.”


“Call me Duo, please.” he smiles at the woman holding them microphone, smirking slightly as he hears Wufei growling.


“Why did you decide to be a contestant on wipeout?

“Because it looks like fun.”


“The horn sounds and we're off, he runs down the ramp and onto the floating platforms. Our first obstacle is the piano keys. The object of this exercise is to get across the keys without falling into the mud. He's halfway across and . . . Oh no, he fell off.”


Quatre winces at the irate screech Duo makes when he hits the muddy water.


“Well John, not all of the keys are stationary. Duo swims through the mud until he reaches the ladder. Now he's got to to through the second set of keys. Remember only the twelve people with the highest times on this round go on to the next.”


Duo scrambles out of the mud, "And he's off to the next obstacle, the big balls.”


Duo pauses at the top of the platform, looking at the five balls in front of him. Unfortunately he didn't look behind him. A giant foam anvil swings down and boots him off the platform. He bounces off the first red ball and into the water. Wufei's lips twitch, Quatre sighs.


“Oh well, at least the water will rinse the mud off.”

Chapter 2 by josette grover
Duo is beginning to slow up when he trudges up the ramp to the next obstacle.

“Up next, the log roll. He's on . .. and he's off.”

Due spits water out as he swims to the next obstacle.

“Up next is the rolling boat fenders, the contestant must run over these fenders. If he reaches the other side the clock stops running, if he falls off it's a long swim to the edge of the water, he'll have to get out and run to the circle to stop his time. He made it across, I can't believe it.”

“Probably got tired of falling into the water.” Quatre says as Duo flashes them a huge grin from the platform. “With that time, he's got a good shot at going on to the next round.”

“Let's go to the ramp where our next contestant is waiting. For anybody who's tuning in late, today is a special episode of Wipeout, all our contestants are playing for their favorite charities. At the top of the ramp is Greg Sanders, a CSI out of Las Vegas. Jill spoke with him earlier.”

“Good morning Mr. Sanders.”

“Call me my you and your friend are running the course today.”

“Ecklie's making us do it.” Hodges grunts. Catherine snickers from her spot in the audience. Grissom rolls his eyes.

“The shot is fired and Greg Sanders is off, oh no he falls on the ramp into the water before he even makes it to the first obstacle.”

Greg pulls himself onto the floating platform and runs towards the first obstacle. He's partway across when the teeth drop under him and he hits the mud. Looking up at the next set of teeth he has to pass over he mutters under his breath before he pulls himself up using the steps in the platform.

“Here we go again.” he mutters starting across the second set of teeth. This time he makes it and smiles at his friends in the audience before running up the ramp to the big balls, jumping onto the first one and sliding between the first and second ball, bouncing off the balls before landing in the water.”

“Okay, why don't we go back to the start of the course where Chang Wufei is waiting. Jill spoke to him earlier.”

Jill smiles as she puts the microphone in front of Wufei. Wufei crosses his arms and just stares at her. Her smile begins to falter. “Is there anything you'd like to say?” she finally asks.

“No.”

“Back to you in the studio.”

“Okay, the gun fires and he's off. He's starting off slow, it looks like he's trying to figure out which key is solid and which isn't before he . . .Oh no, he just fell off.”

Duo snickers as 'BAKA' echoes over the course.

“John, did he just call the keys a sheep?” John Henson asks as Wufei glares at his snickering friends and swims to the ladder.

“I don't think so John.” John Anderson sighs.
This story archived at http://imagine.e-fic.com/viewstory.php?sid=255