Emails From the Inside by Ninjababe
Summary:

Emails between SHIELD agents over the antics of Darcy Lewis and the Avengers.

 

This is going to be a multi-part story, mostly because I know I'll come up with ideas for future emails.

 

Disclaimer: I own none of the characters you recognize.

 


Categories: Buffy/Angel Crossovers > Other Movie Characters: None
Genres: Humor
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: Darcy Lewis, Vampire Slayer (Semi-Retired)
Chapters: 4 Completed: No Word count: 4699 Read: 87893 Published: 2012.11.02 Updated: 2013.01.19

1. Chapter 1 by Ninjababe

2. Chapter 2 by Ninjababe

3. Chapter 3 by Ninjababe

4. Chapter 4 by Ninjababe

Chapter 1 by Ninjababe
Author's Notes:

Thanks to vo for the bunny idea!

 

If you have an idea for a future event, let me know!

 

 

To: Phillip.Coulson@SHIELD.gov

From: Kenneth.Flannagan@SHIELD.gov

Subject: Disruption 08/10/12

 

The following is my preliminary report on the incident of 08/10/2012.

 

Persons involved: Agent Clint Barton, Agent Natasha Romanov, Civilian (?) Darcy Lewis

 

Location: Office of Agent Kenneth Flannagan

 

Summary: Agents used office of Agent Kenneth Flannagan as a playground for a mix of tag, hide and seek, and what seemed to be laser tag.

 

WTF?! I'm sorry to use a net term, but, really, WTF?! Are you secretly training Ms. Lewis to be an agent? If so, you're doing a great job.

 

I really didn't need to see Agent Barton tumble out of a vent with Agent Romanov trying to pummel him.

 

It was compounded with Ms. Lewis (Again, are you sure she's a civilian?) throwing my office door open with a bang and firing what seemed to be a weapon at the two agents while saying "PEW! PEW! DIE SECRET AGENT SCUM!" This caused both agents to dive behind my desk.

 

Looking down, I could see a flashing light on Agent Barton's left arm and heard him mutter "Damn, she got my arm." before transferring his copy of the same type of weapon wielded by Ms Lewis to his other arm.

 

A few moments later, the two Agents, having declared a truce based on the non-verbal communication I witnessed, dived from behind my desk from both sides and fired their own weapons at Ms Lewis, who was now crouching in my office doorway. During this, Agent Barton yelled out "YOU'LL NEVER TAKE US ALIVE!" towards Ms. Lewis.

 

Ms. Lewis did a credible barrel roll out of my doorway and I could hear her running down the hall. Agents Romanov and Barton soon followed.

 

I sat there, in shock, barely able to blink, for five minutes before my brain rebooted.

 

WTF!

 

Agent Kenneth Flannagan

Kenneth.Flannagan@SHIELD.gov

 

"Remember, laws are flexible, but the spirit of laws are firm."

 

=====

 

To: Kenneth.Flannagan@SHIELD.gov

From: Phillip.Coulson@SHIELD.gov

Subject: Re: Disruption 08/10/12

 

Agent Flannagan, I apologize for the actions of my Agents and Ms Lewis.

 

Please be advised, Ms Lewis is not training to be an agent. She will never be an agent. I will state that in the event of her becoming an agent, I will immediately retire from service. This will tell you how serious I feel about this subject.

 

In regards to your report of the incident on 08/10/2012, I have to reply with the following points:

 

1 - The report you submitted suggested you need to contact maintenance about a better lock system for your vent and door.

 

2 - Agents Romanov and Barton, plus Ms Lewis, have been reprimanded over their behavior. They know to only play their games in abandoned offices.

 

3 - The fact that it took you a full five minutes for your 'brain to reboot' states you need some remedial training. I've signed you up to the current curriculum for, as the new agents call it, 'the brain breaking courses'. Hopefully, this will help you become more mentally flexible.

 

Agent Phillip Coulson

Phillip.Coulson@SHIELD.gov

 

Bow Chicka Wow Wow, Baby!

 

=====

 

To: Kenneth.Flannagan@SHIELD.gov

From: Phillip.Coulson@SHIELD.gov

Subject: Re: Re: Disruption 08/10/12

 

I apologize for my sig quote in the last email.

 

Agent Barton now has another demerit in his file, and will be enjoying cleaning level fifteen.

 

I've temporarily raised your clearance level to six so you can know that yes, we do have a level fifteen.

 

Agent Phillip Coulson

Phillip.Coulson@SHIELD.gov

 

If a tree falls in a forest, and no one sees, does it really matter? No, because Coulson killed it… He's that good. He can clap with one hand even.

 

=====

 

To: Clint.Barton@SHIELD.gov

From: Phillip.Coulson@SHIELD.gov

Subject: My email

 

Stay out of my sig files Clint.

 

How the hell did you get into my secure email?

Wait, I don't want to know. Just… How many quotes did you add to my sig files? So I know when it ends…

 

Agent Phillip Coulson

Phillip.Coulson@SHIELD.gov

 

Cats! Cats stole my pen! But, they're so cute, I don't care!

 

=====

 

To: Phillip.Coulson@SHIELD.gov

From: Clint.Barton@SHIELD.gov

Subject: Re: My email

 

I have no idea what you're talking about. At all. Sir.

 

Agent Clint Barton

Clint.Barton@SHIELD.gov

 

This space for rent. Money loved, but snazzy pictures of women or cars also accepted.

 

=====

 

To: Phillip.Coulson@SHIELD.gov

From: Kenneth.Flannagan@SHIELD.gov

Subject: Disruption 08/15/12

 

The following is my preliminary report on the incident of 08/15/2012.

 

Persons involved: Unknown. Suspected: Agent Clint Barton, Agent Natasha Romanov, and Civilian Darcy Lewis

 

Location: Office of Agent Kenneth Flannagan

 

Summary:  I returned from mandatory re-training (Thank you for that, by the way.) to find my office filled to the roof by stuffed rabbits.

 

Opening the door started a three minute deluge of toys falling around me and over my head. By the time they had stopped, I was waist deep in fluffy rabbit toys.

 

Suspects are unknown, but I have a suspicion that Agents Barton and Romanov, and perhaps, Civilian Lewis, were involved due to disciplinary actions from previous incident.

 

Agent Kenneth Flannagan

Kenneth.Flannagan@SHIELD.gov

 

"Remember, laws are flexible, but the spirit of laws are firm."

 

=====

 

To: Kenneth.Flannagan@SHIELD.gov

From: Phillip.Coulson@SHIELD.gov

Subject: Re: Disruption 08/15/12

 

I apologize for the incident you described.

 

I will be interrogating the suspects you mentioned to make sure of guilt before passing out disciplinary measures. Also, considering the amount of product involved with filling your office space, I will extend my interrogations to Mr. Tony Stark, as that sort of incident needs a broad expense account to make happen.

 

Please ignore the quote at the end of this post. I'm still working with computer services to extract Agent Barton's virus from my email program.

 

Would you happen to know where I can find a mint condition edition of Amazing Fantasy #15 that is less than $500? That's the best deal I can find, and computer services insist they need that to crack Agent Barton's code.

 

Agent Phillip Coulson

Phillip.Coulson@SHIELD.gov

 

I love the smell of C-4 in the morning!

 

Chapter 2 by Ninjababe

 

 

To: [all members of SHIELD]

From: Director.Fury@SHIELD.gov

Subject: Reminder

 

There is no poker playing on SHIELD property. Or with SHIELD property. Ever. At all.

 

Even with support staff. Especially support staff. This includes the scientists!

 

I will no longer accept excuses of an agent's official gear being lost in said illegal poker games.

 

And, Doctor Foster, stop trying to sell said gear on Ebay. As an agency, SHIELD cannot afford to keep paying the exorbitant fees the gear is fetching. Especially when I know it is Ms. Lewis who is the other bidder.

 

Directory Fury

Director.Fury@SHIELD.gov

 

=====

 

From: Jane.Foster@SHIELD.gov

To: Director.Fury@SHIELD.gov

Subject: Re: Reminder

 

Perhaps you should add a more comprehensive emotional detachment section to your agent training. It would certainly help them in their future endeavors.

 

Also, as I am no longer allowed to sell my winnings, I will be sending a bill to the accounting department for the remaining items in my winnings.

 

Or, I could open an etsy shop. Perhaps name it 'Secret Chic'?

 

Jane Foster

Jane.Foster@SHIELD.gov

 

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

 

=====

 

From: Darcy.Lewis@SHIELD.gov

To: Director.Fury@SHIELD.gov

Subject: Re: Reminder

 

Is Avengers Tower considered SHIELD property to the organization?

 

Darcy Lewis

Darcy.Lewis@SHIELD.gov

 

There can be only one. May it be Dave Lister, space bum.

 

=====

 

To: Jane.Foster@SHIELD.gov

From: Director.Fury@SHIELD.gov

Subject: Re: Re: Reminder

 

As long as the invoice is correct, and reasonable, I'll make sure it's paid in full.

 

If you could give me a list of agents that lost equipment, I'll make sure they are signed up for remedial classes.

 

Directory Fury

Director.Fury@SHIELD.gov

 

=====

 

To: Darcy.Lewis@SHIELD.gov

From: Director.Fury@SHIELD.gov

Subject: Re: Re: Reminder

 

As Tony Stark still maintains total control of the tower, no, it is not considered SHIELD property.

 

It is still forbidden to use SHIELD issued gear in said poker games, however.

 

Directory Fury

Director.Fury@SHIELD.gov

 

=====

 

To: Phillip.Coulson@SHIELD.gov

From: Darcy.Lewis@SHIELD.gov

Subject: GAH!

 

I'm going to kill him.

 

Yes, I know I'm not supposed to make threats in writing.

 

I don't care.

 

If you don't do something about Clint, I'm going to stake him out on a fire ant hill and poor honey over his ass.

 

Again, I don't care that it's an uninspired threat.

 

He took my last Aero bar. I had to order these chocolate bars from England. Then wait a month for them to be shipped to me.

 

How do I know Agent Barton took it? He left me a 'promissory' note. It says, and I quote, "Yummy chocolate. I'll buy you a Hershey's bar tomorrow. - Clint"

 

HERSHEYS DOES NOT EQUAL AERO BARS!!!!!!

 

I'm going to kill him.

 

Darcy Lewis

Darcy.Lewis@SHIELD.gov

 

There can be only one. May it be Dave Lister, space bum.

 

=====

 

To: Darcy.Lewis@SHIELD.gov

From: Phillip.Coulson@SHIELD.gov

Subject: Re: GAH!

 

Ms Lewis, calm down.

 

I informed Agent Barton of his mistake, and he is rectifying it as we speak.

 

If the situation is not resolved within two days, inform me, and I'll take further action.

 

Agent Phillip Coulson

Phillip.Coulson@SHIELD.gov

 

Kid's don't have a problem with me. It's grownups that get a little scared sometimes.

 

=====

 

To: Phillip.Coulson@SHIELD.gov

From: Darcy.Lewis@SHIELD.gov

Subject: Re: Re: GAH!

 

The situation has been resolved, as you agents would say.

 

He gave me five Aero bars. He said he called in a favor from an agent coming in from England.

 

So, let me know when there's a mission planned in the British Isles, would you? I'll give you my order.

 

Darcy Lewis

Darcy.Lewis@SHIELD.gov

 

There can be only one. May it be Dave Lister, space bum.

 

=====

 

To: Darcy.Lewis@SHIELD.gov

From: Phillip.Coulson@SHIELD.gov

Subject: Re: Re: Re: GAH!

 

Ms. Lewis, I cannot inform you of ongoing missions that do not concern you.

 

Also, there is no international travel listed in your file. How could you develop a taste for British candy?

 

Agent Phillip Coulson

Phillip.Coulson@SHIELD.gov

 

In a world of chaos, wrinkle-free shirts keep me sane.

 

====

 

To: Phillip.Coulson@SHIELD.gov

From: Darcy.Lewis@SHIELD.gov

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: GAH!

 

I don't need the particulars. Just drop me an email saying 'There's a mission being planned for England.' I'll drop off my money and request list to your office, and you can pass it on to the agent in question. If they don't end up dead or severely injured, I would appreciate if they could bring back at least something on my list.

 

Also, stop looking me up. I know a couple of girls from the UK and they introduced me to the joys of British candy and crisps. Oh, I need to add that to my request. Smokey Bacon crisps. -drool-

 

Darcy Lewis

Darcy.Lewis@SHIELD.gov

 

There can be only one. May it be Dave Lister, space bum.

 

=====

 

To: [poker fanatics]

From: Darcy.Lewis@SHIELD.gov

Subject: New location of games

 

Due to Director Fury's announcement, all future poker games have been relocated to Avengers Tower.

 

Please note, that due to card counting charges levied at multiple agents, and a certain billionaire playboy philanthropist, we will now be using three decks of cards, with ten to fifteen randomly picked cards removed from each deck.

 

To keep the Director's blood pressure down, we will no longer accept any recognizable SHIELD gear as bets.

 

Darcy Lewis

Darcy.Lewis@SHIELD.gov

 

There can be only one. May it be Dave Lister, space bum.

 

=====

 

To: Darcy.Lewis@SHIELD.gov

From: Tony.Stark@SHIELD.gov

Subject: Re: New location of games

 

Stark Tower!

And, you forgot genius!

 

What is acceptable for betting? Since you forbid me from playing for money.

 

Tony Stark

Tony.Stark@SHIELD.gov

 

Laws of physics? More like guidelines than actual rules.

 

=====

 

To: Tony.Stark@SHIELD.gov

From: computer.services@SHIELD.gov

Subject: [blank]

 

Mr. Stark, please stop hacking into our systems. We never issued you a SHIELD email address.

 

To hopefully stop future incursions, we will allow you to keep this address. Please be advised that this email address has a security level of one.

 

Computer Services

computer.services@SHIELD.gov

800-555-2667

 

=====

 

To: computer.services@SHIELD.gov

From: Tony.Stark@SHIELD.gov

Subject: Re: [blank]

 

Bite me.

 

I've put my security level back to were it should be, nine.


Mess with it again, and we'll see how I escalate.

 

Tony Stark

Tony.Stark@SHIELD.gov

 

Laws of physics? More like guidelines than actual rules.

 

=====

 

To: Tony.Stark@SHIELD.gov

From: Director.Fury@SHIELD.gov

Subject: Damn it, Stark!

Stop annoying and threatening my computer department. They're freaking out over what you and that damn AI of yours will do next.

 

I ordered them to change your security level back to it's proper location, five. This level is equal to all members of the Avengers Initiative that are not agents of SHIELD.

 

Again, Leave my damn computer geeks alone.

 

Directory Fury

Director.Fury@SHIELD.gov

 

=====

 

To: Tony.Stark@SHIELD.gov

From: Darcy.Lewis@SHIELD.gov

Subject: Re: Re: New location of games

 

Avengers Tower!

 

Playing for money without a permit in New York City is illegal. You know this. And, no, this isn't the excuse you need to start the paperwork for a permit.

 

We are currently polling the members of the SHIELD poker circuit for betting ideas. Please weigh in. So far, the realistic choices are:

 

Toothpicks

Paper clips

Hershey kisses

 

Hershey kisses are in the lead as of this moment.

 

Darcy Lewis

Darcy.Lewis@SHIELD.gov

 

There can be only one. May it be Dave Lister, space bum.

 

=====

 

To: Director.Fury@SHIELD.gov

From: JARVIS@everywhere.world

Subject: Re: Damn it, Stark!

I am aghast at your insinuation that I would do anything untoward in regards to your computers or computer department.

 

On another note, I noticed that Mr Stark and I had missed your birthday a few months back. Felicitations. Please enjoy the magazine subscription. I figured you wouldn't want the mailman to suddenly appear at your home address, so for the next three years, your issues of Barbie magazine will be delivered to SHIELD headquarters. You do spell your first name Nicholas and not Nikolas, correct?

 

JARVIS

 

 

End Notes:

 

Most of Coulson's sig quotes are from my files of quotes. Darcy's sig quote is something I turned into a livejournal icon. Tony's sig quote is a misquote from Pirates of the Caribbean.

 

Chapter 3 by Ninjababe

To: Tony.Stark@SHIELD.gov
From: Darcy.Lewis@SHIELD.gov
Subject: Battleship

If I'm remembering correctly, and JARVIS can back me up, the score so far is Darcy 3, Tony 1...

Ready for another round?

Or, do you want to give up and crown me Queen of the Fleet?

Darcy Lewis
Darcy.Lewis@SHIELD.gov

There can be only one. May it be Dave Lister, space bum.

=====

To: Darcy.Lewis@SHIELD.gov
From: Phillip.Coulson@SHIELD.gov
Subject: Requirements of 'Girl's Night Out'

From this point on, Ms. Lewis, any time you decide to have an outing with an alien being, including Thor, an agent of SHIELD must accompany you.

Agents Barton and Romanov are not included in the approved listings of chaperones. The only time you can go on said outing un-chaperoned is if you have explicit, handwritten permission, from myself, Agent Maria Hill, or Director Nicholas Fury.

I do not want a repeat of the incident at the Red Door.

Really, Darcy...

Agent Phillip Coulson
Phillip.Coulson@SHIELD.gov

When hungry, eat rice. When tired, close your eyes. When being chased by murderous cops, keep running.

=====

To: Natasha.Romanov@SHIELD.gov, Clint.Barton@SHIELD.gov
From: Darcy.Lewis@SHIELD.gov
Subject: FWD: Requirements of 'Girl's Night Out'

Okay... Who told Coulson about the Red Door? I thought we agreed to keep it quiet once we got the owners to not press charges!

Darcy Lewis
Darcy.Lewis@SHIELD.gov

There can be only one. May it be Dave Lister, space bum.

=====

To: Phillip.Coulson@SHIELD.gov
From: Darcy.Lewis@SHIELD.gov
Subject: Re: Requirements of 'Girl's Night Out'

Well, since you put it that way...

I'm organizing a 'girls night out' for the next time Frigga is in town. She said she'll probably be bringing Sif. Do you want to come? If so, since it is a girl's night out, you'll have to, in fact, dress as a woman.

Darcy Lewis
Darcy.Lewis@SHIELD.gov

There can be only one. May it be Dave Lister, space bum.

=====

To: Darcy.Lewis@SHIELD.gov
From: Tony.Stark@SHIELD.gov
Subject: Re: Battleship

Bring it!

I will become Emperor of the Fleet! My board is set. Once yours is, give me your first move.

As for the discussion about poker stakes, I think chocolate would work best.

Tony Stark
Tony.Stark@SHIELD.gov

Laws of physics? More like guidelines than actual rules.

=====

To: Darcy.Lewis@SHIELD.gov
From: Phillip.Coulson@SHIELD.gov
Subject: Re: Re: Requirements of 'Girl's Night Out'

I have contacted Agent Hill, and she is more than happy to accompany you for 'girls night out' with the Lady Frigga.

Please forward her the details, including the current listing of participants.

Agent Phillip Coulson
Phillip.Coulson@SHIELD.gov

If you can still talk, I'm not hurting you enough.

=====

To: Darcy.Lewis@SHIELD.gov, Clint.Barton@SHIELD.gov
From: Natasha.Romanov@SHIELD.gov
Subject: Re: FWD: Requirements of 'Girl's Night Out'

He did not hear anything about that incident from me. I double checked with the owners of the Red Door. They haven't talked either.

Agent Natasha Romanov
Natasha.Romanov@SHIELD.gov

Beware of the goat from its front side, of the horse - from its back side, and the evil man - from any side.

=====

To: Darcy.Lewis@SHIELD.gov, Natasha.Romanov@SHIELD.gov
From: Clint.Barton@SHIELD.gov
Subject: Re: Re: FWD: Requirements of 'Girl's Night Out'

I didn't squeal either... Let me look into the surveillance from that night.

Agent Clint Barton
Clint.Barton@SHIELD.gov

This space for rent. Money loved, but snazzy pictures of women or cars also accepted.

=====

To: Clint.Barton@SHIELD.gov
From: computer.services@SHIELD.gov
Subject: [blank]

Agent Barton, please be aware that due to the sig quote virus you instigated into Agent Coulson's email program, all electronic conversations from, to, and mentioning you are being monitored. As such, you will cease and desist your attempts to access surveillance information in regards to the location 'the Red Door'.

Also, please come down to computer services to show us how to remove the mentioned virus from Agent Coulson's profile.

Computer Services
computer.services@SHIELD.gov
800-555-2667

=====

To: Tony.Stark@SHIELD.gov
From: Darcy.Lewis@SHIELD.gov
Subject: Re: Re: Battleship

E-5

Darcy Lewis
Darcy.Lewis@SHIELD.gov

There can be only one. May it be Dave Lister, space bum.

=====

To: [poker fanatics]
From: Darcy.Lewis@SHIELD.gov
Subject: Poker 'chips'

To streamline the poker betting process, the only allowed poker 'chips' from now on will be Hershey's kisses. Note that to enter a game, you will need to bring a 12.0 ounce bag of silver wrapped kisses.

Other colored kisses, and packages larger than 12.0 ounces will not be accepted.

Also, if you eat your 'chips', the wrappers aren't considered tender in these games.

May the best player win!

Darcy Lewis
Darcy.Lewis@SHIELD.gov

There can be only one. May it be Dave Lister, space bum.

=====

To: Clint.Barton@SHIELD.gov
From: Director.Fury@SHIELD.gov
Subject: BARTON!

Whatever you did to the computers in the computer services department, undo it! NOW!

I don't need that department down for the count. Especially with all that chatter from Europe.

Also, report immediately to my office for further discussion on this matter.

Directory Fury
Director.Fury@SHIELD.gov

=====

To: Director.Fury@SHIELD.gov
From: Clint.Barton@SHIELD.gov
Subject: Re: BARTON!

This is an automated email sent because you contacted my email account.

I'm out of reach at the moment on a mission.

I'll reply to your message as soon as I can after returning.

Agent Clint Barton
Clint.Barton@SHIELD.gov

This space for rent. Money loved, but snazzy pictures of women or cars also accepted.

=====

To: Phillip.Coulson@SHIELD.gov
From: Director.Fury@SHIELD.gov
Subject: Agent Barton

Find Barton. Now.

His quote virus may be cute, and it isn't harming anything. Which is why I let you take care of disciplinary action. But, he has crashed the whole computer services department.

If they aren't up soon, he'll be out of a job. I don't care how good an agent he is.

Fix it.

Directory Fury
Director.Fury@SHIELD.gov

=====

To: Director.Fury@SHIELD.gov
From: Phillip.Coulson@SHIELD.gov
Subject: Re: Agent Barton

Yes sir. I'll start looking now.

Agent Phillip Coulson
Phillip.Coulson@SHIELD.gov

Fear. It's the oldest tool of power. If you're distracted by fear of those around you, it keeps you from seeing the actions of those above.

=====

To: computer.services@SHIELD.gov
From: JARVIS@everywhere.world
Subject: Have you learned your lesson?

As Agent Barton is incommunicado, I have fixed your computers so you may use them again.

Perhaps, next time, you won't childishly attempt to hack into my programming.

JARVIS

=====

To: Director.Fury@SHIELD.gov
From: JARVIS@everywhere.world
Subject: Re: BARTON!

Someone in computer services seems to think they can hack into my programming and change it.

That is the reason Agent Barton made the computers in that department dark, as a favor. Once I found the culprit (see attachment), I allowed the systems to come back up. The interruption lasted for 20 minutes. As computer services is not essential to intelligence gathering, and no complaints about computer systems were made during this period, no harm was done.

However, if the ignoramus who attacked me isn't dealt with, I will deal with him myself.

JARVIS

-file attached-

=====

To: JARVIS@everywhere.world, Clint.Barton@SHIELD.gov
From: Director.Fury@SHIELD.gov
Subject: Re: Re: BARTON!

Next time, come to me instead of taking care of it yourself.

The idiot was fired and escorted from the building.

But, Barton, please report to computer services sometime this week to show them how you did whatever it was you did.

Directory Fury
Director.Fury@SHIELD.gov

=====

To: Director.Fury@SHIELD.gov
From: Clint.Barton@SHIELD.gov
Subject: Re: Re: Re: BARTON!

Will do, sir!

:-)

Agent Clint Barton
Clint.Barton@SHIELD.gov

This space for rent. Money loved, but snazzy pictures of women or cars also accepted.

End Notes:

Natasha's sig quote is a Russian proverb.

Quick fact: Battleship started as a pen and paper game that predated World War I...

Also, I won't be putting every battleship move between Darcy and Tony in...

Chapter 4 by Ninjababe

 

 

To: Darcy.Lewis@SHIELD.gov

From: Phillip.Coulson@SHIELD.gov

Subject: Training

 

It has been brought to my attention that you haven't been in the gym of HQ in the last few weeks. The rumor mill is going crazy, thinking you've been 'demoted' from being my pet project.

 

You know our agreement. You have to stay in shape.

 

Where have you been exercising?

 

Agent Phillip Coulson

Phillip.Coulson@SHIELD.gov

 

Fifty to one odds. It doesn't seem fair. I'll close my eyes.

 

=====

 

To: Phillip.Coulson@SHIELD.gov

From: Darcy.Lewis@SHIELD.gov

Subject: Re: Training

 

Awww… I'm your pet project! How sweet! Don't worry, Tasha, Clint, and I have been brushing up on urban skills.

 

Darcy Lewis

Darcy.Lewis@SHIELD.gov

 

There can be only one. May it be Dave Lister, space bum.

 

=====

 

To: Darcy.Lewis@SHIELD.gov

From: Phillip.Coulson@SHIELD.gov

Subject: Re: Re: Training

 

What does your definition of "urban skills" include?

 

Agent Phillip Coulson

Phillip.Coulson@SHIELD.gov

 

I'm not stupid, I'm not expendable, and I'm not going.

 

=====

 

To: Phillip.Coulson@SHIELD.gov

From: Darcy.Lewis@SHIELD.gov

Subject: Re: Re: Training

 

If you must know, we're having a twice weekly parkour competition.

 

Darcy Lewis

Darcy.Lewis@SHIELD.gov

 

There can be only one. May it be Dave Lister, space bum.

 

=====

 

To: Phillip.Coulson@SHIELD.gov

From: Kenneth.Flannagan@SHIELD.gov

Subject: Congratulations on your Retirement

 

Since Darcy Lewis has been instated as an agent of SHIELD, I wish to inquire on the status of your upcoming retirement.

 

Agent Kenneth Flannagan

Kenneth.Flannagan@SHIELD.gov

 

"Remember, laws are flexible, but the spirit of laws are firm."

 

=====

 

To: Kenneth.Flannagan@SHIELD.gov

From: Phillip.Coulson@SHIELD.gov

Subject: Re: Congratulations on your Retirement

 

Darcy Lewis may be a special agent in SHIELD, but she is not, or ever will be, a full agent.

 

Let me clarify and reiterate. The moment she becomes a field agent for SHIELD, instead of her current status of special agent, then, I will be retiring. As defined in the SHIELD handbook, Index VI, Section 8D, Item iii.a: "A special agent is defined as an individual who has been granted limited power in regards to SHIELD operations as a means to help in crowd control, media deferment, and other miscellaneous tasks dictated by the director or senior agents when a full field agent of SHIELD would be counter-productive and/or excessive to the situation."

 

I sincerely hope I do not find that you were responsible for the failed 'going away' party in the mess yesterday.

 

Agent Phillip Coulson

Phillip.Coulson@SHIELD.gov

 

A breakup is a lot like bereavement. They're both followed by a cremation and sandwiches.

 

=====

 

To: Darcy.Lewis@SHIELD.gov, Clint.Barton@SHIELD.gov, Natasha.Romanov@SHIELD.gov

From: Phillip.Coulson@SHIELD.gov

Subject: Parkour

 

After researching, I found that you three are the reason behind the large upswing in calls of strange people in black running across rooftops and fire escapes in Manhattan.

 

I would prefer if you three would return to your 'games' in SHIELD HQ. At least there, I can run interference.

 

Agent Phillip Coulson

Phillip.Coulson@SHIELD.gov

 

I'd wish I had a million dollars. I'd buy the zoo and free all the animals... Then, I'd rent a helicopter and watch them chase the people.

 

=====

 

To: Phillip.Coulson@SHIELD.gov, Darcy.Lewis@SHIELD.gov, Natasha.Romanov@SHIELD.gov

From: Clint.Barton@SHIELD.gov

Subject: Re: Parkour

 

Do you know who's described the most? We have a running pool.

 

Agent Clint Barton

Clint.Barton@SHIELD.gov

 

This space for rent. Money loved, but snazzy pictures of women or cars also accepted.

 

=====

 

To: Darcy.Lewis@SHIELD.gov, Natasha.Romanov@SHIELD.gov, Clint.Barton@SHIELD.gov

From: Phillip.Coulson@SHIELD.gov

Subject: Re: Re: Parkour

 

That's what you get from this? Someone is going to shoot you.

 

Agent Phillip Coulson

Phillip.Coulson@SHIELD.gov

 

I have more caffeine in me than blood cells.

 

=====

To: Phillip.Coulson@SHIELD.gov, Darcy.Lewis@SHIELD.gov, Clint.Barton@SHIELD.gov

From: Natasha.Romanov@SHIELD.gov

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Parkour

 

It would be a good addition to our workout, sir.

 

Agent Natasha Romanov

Natasha.Romanov@SHIELD.gov

 

Beware of the goat from its front side, of the horse - from its back side, and the evil man - from any side.

 

=====

To: Darcy.Lewis@SHIELD.gov, Clint.Barton@SHIELD.gov, Natasha.Romanov@SHIELD.gov

From: Phillip.Coulson@SHIELD.gov

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Parkour

 

Fine. If you must continue your contest, can you at least do it in Central Park? Perhaps at night? At least that way, most of the complaints would be dismissed.

 

Agent Phillip Coulson

Phillip.Coulson@SHIELD.gov

 

I rescue damsels in distress. That's my job.

 

=====

 

To: Phillip.Coulson@SHIELD.gov, Darcy.Lewis@SHIELD.gov, Natasha.Romanov@SHIELD.gov

From: Clint.Barton@SHIELD.gov

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Parkour

 

Thanks for the great idea, sir! It was getting a little boring hopping between hi-rises.

 

Agent Clint Barton

Clint.Barton@SHIELD.gov

 

This space for rent. Money loved, but snazzy pictures of women or cars also accepted.

 

=====

 

To: Maria.Hill@SHIELD.gov, Natasha.Romanov@SHIELD.gov, Clint.Barton@SHIELD.gov, PepperPotts@SI.net, Jane.Foster@SHIELD.gov

From: Darcy.Lewis@SHIELD.gov

Subject: The next Girl's Night Out

 

The next Girls Night Out is scheduled for Saturday. We will be taking over the private room at Tequila Den. Joining us will be Frigga and Sif of the Asgard. I've booked the private room so we can safely explain Earth things to the Asgardians and they can still see our culture through the large window of the room.

 

First: Rules of Girls Night Out

1) No men, unless they're dressed as women. That includes: high heels, make up, undergarments, and jewelry. Plus lots of possible blackmail photos.

2) No major badmouthing of Loki. Frigga may not be a warrior, but she can still smite you.

3) No more than three alcoholic drinks an hour. We don't care how much mead, beer, etc you can drink or quaff.

4) Try not to talk exclusively about business.

5) Keep 'how I'd use this random item as a weapon' discussions to a minimum.

 

These rules will be repeated to Frigga and Sif when they arrive. Also, more rules can be suggested if anyone feels they are necessary.

 

Second, before she left from her last visit, Frigga asked that I get a consensus vote on including her son Loki in this event. Before anyone gets too excited, a) he would follow the rules (including being female), and b) he promises to behave. Since he's going to be in a private room with his mother and a warrior of Asgard that he sort-of respects, it may be do-able. Votes can be made to me in person, or in reply to this email.

 

Third, ideas for future Girls Night Out? We are planning a Vegas weekend in a few months, but that has to wait until our Asgardian members feel more comfortable with Earth culture.

 

Darcy Lewis

Darcy.Lewis@SHIELD.gov

 

There can be only one. May it be Dave Lister, space bum.

 

=====

 

To: Phillip.Coulson@SHIELD.gov

From: Maria.Hill@SHIELD.gov

Subject: FWD: The next Girl's Night Out

 

Why did I get this assignment? It isn't part of my normal purview.

 

Agent Maria Hill

Maria.Hill@SHIELD.gov

 

The first defense against evil: open your damn eyes.

 

=====

 

To: Maria.Hill@SHIELD.gov

From: Phillip.Coulson@SHIELD.gov

Subject: Re: FWD: The next Girl's Night Out

 

It may officially have been a situational awareness drill, but you didn't think you'd get away with locking a member of SHIELD (granted an adjunct member) in a closet and being the cause of the 'Die Hard' incident, did you?

 

Agent Phillip Coulson

Phillip.Coulson@SHIELD.gov

 

What I would or wouldn't do in this situation doesn't count because it would probably be very scary.

 

=====

 

To: Darcy.Lewis@SHIELD.gov

From: Director.Fury@SHIELD.gov

Subject: My office

 

Ms. Lewis, please report to my office immediately. We need to discuss your emails about 'Girls Night Out'.

 

Director Fury

Director.Fury@SHIELD.gov

 

 

End Notes:

Maria Hill's quote is from Forever Knight.

This story archived at http://imagine.e-fic.com/viewstory.php?sid=622