Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup

Story Notes:
Disclaimer: I don't own them, Eureka and it's citizens belong to their creator. If I did own them, Season three would have been entirely different.
Author's Chapter Notes:
Pre-slash, eventually will be Nathan/Jack

Jack is in the shower after yet another experiment run amok at Global Dynamics. He looks up as Nathan enters the room, stripping off his clothes and stepping under the shower, dust and foam rinsing off his body and going down the drain.

"Everything taken care of?" Jack asks, over his shoulder, turning slightly under the spray of water so it runs down his back.

"Yes finally," Nathan growls. He'd left Fargo dealing with the cleanup. Luckily the chemicals that had combined in the accident hadn't been dangerous, just annoying. Everything in the lab had been covered in a six inch thick pink foam. Water had made it start bubbling up and expand more, and the chemicals they normally use on spills to dry them out hadn't worked. In the end, they'd had to form a bucket brigade, shoveling the foam into pails and carrying it out of the room to be examined and disposed of properly.

Jack had been in Nathan's office when the alarms had started sounding, following Fargo and Nathan to the lab. The inhabitants had just been picking themselves up off the floor, knocked off their feet by the minor explosion that hadn't even triggered the blast shields. Nathan scowls, trust the sheriff to be in the building the same time as the explosion. He briefly wonders if there had been less trouble before the Sheriff had arrived in town,reminding himself to have Fargo look up the incident reports from before Carter arrived to see if there was a difference. If there was, that would be one excuse to keep that annoying man out of Global Dynamics.

Yes, that's it he nods decisively, covering the movement by ducking his head under the water and grabbing a bottle of shampoo. Get Carter out of Global Dynamics and everything would be perfect. He ignores the voice in the back of his head quietly telling him the reason he thinks Carter is so annoying isn't because the other man might be attracted to Allison, and who wouldn't be attracted to Allison after all, but because he's attracted to him.

Jack stands under the steaming hot water, adjusting the showerhead so it pulses on his back, sore from moving so many pails of foam. That foam might have looked light, but after the first twenty or so pails, it became damn heavy. He moans as he realizes just how much paperwork is waiting for him back at the office.

Nathan looks over at the moan. "Something the matter Carter?" he asks without any interest, then stops and blinks. "Carter, what happened to your hair?"

"What do you mean, what happened to my hair?" Jack asks, his eyes flying open as he turns and shuts off the shower, grabbing a towel from the shelf outside the door one handed and wrapping it around his waist before stepping out of the shower and looking at the mirrors over the sinks. He stops and stares, blinking at what he sees in the mirror before reaching back into the shower and grabbing Nathan by the arm dragging him out into the room.

"Carter, what is your problem?" Nathan scowls, grabbing a towel and wrapping it around his waist. Jack points at the mirror and Stark follows his gaze, mouth opening as he takes a deep breath to bellow.

"Fargo." Both men yell, a startled eep coming from outside the bathroom as Fargo quickens his pace, hurrying into the room with the change of clothes from Stark's office and the spare uniform Jo had delivered.

"Sir?" Fargo asks, stopping and staring as both men turning to look at him, not noticing when they lose their grips on the towels. "Why do we have pink hair?" Stark growls.