Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup

Author's Chapter Notes:
Snippets that will hopefully get somewhere sometime.

Stepping into the halls of time, Xander began the search for suitable people to become the other Gods. Some were easy, others much more complicated. For some there were only a few candidates for others there were many, and apart from all the other concerns he wanted to make sure the people he would spend the next several millennia with were people he actually liked. Thinking it over a bit he decided to start with those godhoods there were only a few candidates for, that should make it easier to make the proper selections for the rest. He would save the King for last so he could make most of the choices.

The first to be selected was Nemesis, the punishing justice, the power item representing this godhood was a single drop of blood. There were supposed to be several candidates for each godhood but Xander could see straight away that only one of the available choices would work. It worried him quite a bit. After all the idea of a serial killer God is a disturbing one. But disturbing or not Dexter Morgan was the only viable choice for the position.



"Dexter Morgan?" asked the young man who had appeared in a soft golden shimmer in Dexter's living room.

"Yes."

"Hold out your hand."

Dexter did as he was asked, slightly bemused. And watched the stranger place a single drop of blood on his palm. He felt a sudden wave of almost umbearable heat, quickly followed by a sense of elation that was very close to what he felt when he killed.

Xander was rather amazed by the ease with which Dexter accepted the magic and his Godhood. It took only a few minutes before Dexter was Nemesis, the punishing justice.

Dexter could feel himself change, but not in a bad way, on the contrary, he was becoming more and more himself, losing the ardously imposed imitations of human feelings, leaving him free to feel his own feelings.


Xander stepped into the palace of fear, wondering how it was possible that these magical upstarts could have found it, much less turned it into a prison. He carefully set the small gold lion on the floor and watched as it took off for the God of Fear, following calmly with an eye out to see if any in here needed his intervention, he saw a few who were falsely imprisoned but they were not his so he wouldn't touch them. He did pass on the information to the seer in the MoM. Soon he found the cell where the lion had stopped, at first glance it seemed to be holding a dog.

"Change." he commanded softly.

The dog got up and turned into a man, with wild ragged hair and beard and desperate black eyes. The lion entered through the bars and leaped straight into the man.

"I am Xander, God of Oracles. I came here to give you your power and take you home. The world needs it's Gods. The power will tell you most of what you need to know, if you don't know what to do ask me. If you can't find me just talk to any oracle or seer as they are mine. Oh and some of the people in here are innocent, order the foberos away from them."

"Uh, what?"

Xander sighed of course he would need a bit more careful explanation than that after a decade of being in prison and denied human contact.

"Hi I'm Xander, the God of Oracles and you new brother. Who are you?"

"I'm sirius." The prisoner rasped.

"Correction, you are Sirius the God of Fear, and I'm thinking probably of those falsely imprisoned too. Try using your power to fix you throat."

"I'm what?" Sirius voice was no longer a painfull rasp.

"Good now clean youself up and fix your clothes, your power will try to make it a toga but just focus on what you want it to be."

Sirius hair straightened, his beard vanished and his clothes became a bright red robe.

"See? As long as you know what you want you should have no problems with handling the power, but if you do just ask me. Home is olympus and I think you should spend at least some time there for now. And you need to order the foberos away from the falsely accused."

"What are foberos?" But even as he asked the power was answering the questions in hs mind. "Dementors? I can order the Dementors?"

"Yes. You are the God of Fear they are yours."

Sirius focused his power for a moment and felt the Dementors respond, those who were in here through no fault of there own would no longer suffer by the Dementors.

"Good, come along now and I'll show you our new home." Xander took Sirius by the hand and moved them both to the Olympus.



Sirius looked around him, all the shining brightness a shock to someone who had lived in a dark damp cell for so long.

"Come on." Xander said. "We're going to the halls of time. You need to pick a high priest and possibly a few lesser ones, but you need to hold off on those until all the high priests are selected. And I'm guessing yopu want to check up on people too."

Sirius hurried follow, he did have people he needed to check on. His godson and Remus, not to mention a certain traitorous little rat.

Xander and Sirius stepped into the halls of time.

"OK first things first. A high priest of fear. Focus your power and see which humans are more suitable."

Sirius focused and his powers flowed easily finding several good candidates, the deatheaters were discarded immediately, so were the homocidal maniacs. There were a few Vampires and Werewolves left, and then he felt it, a familiarity, a connection, Remus. Sirius looked up at Xander and smiled.

"I found him."

"Good pop down there and let him know, then get started on your job. It should be mostly instinctual."



Xander smiled as the new God of Fear disappeared to go tell his new high priest of his calling, this choice for Fear had impacted Thunder more than normal and there was only one choice left, he was a bit young but Thunder Gods usually had more in common with teenagers than mature adults. Smirking he popped away to let the boy know of his destiny.