Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup

Story Notes:

Seriously AU, comic book canon we don't need no stinking comic book canon. I haven't read any of the batman comics for years so this will be borrowing bits and pieces from various sources, including the older comics, justice league cartoon, the batman movies. . .

Also, this is going to be a series of short chapters rather than one long story. So I might be writing scenes out of order and will place them where I think they belong when I archive them here.


Xander looks up through the windshield of his car at the huge 'Welcome to Gotham' sign, sighing when a fireball comes out of nowhere, burning the sign to ashes as he drives down the road.

 

Shaking his head, he hears Giles voice the last time he talked to him. "Xander, I want you to head to Gotham, my uncle lives there. Gotham is not a hellmouth, but it is a hotbed for unusual activities. I want you to be there to keep an eye on what is going on in case we ever need to base a Slayer there. The council has brought a building for you to fix up, and there is a booming construction industry for you to obtain employment. My only request is that you attend college while you are out there."

 

Looking at the map Willow had printed out for him, he follows the instructions to the building on the outskirts of the city. Giles had been right, there are signs of contruction everywhere. Shutting the door behind him of the small apartment at the top of the building, Xander sighs as he looks around his new home. Knowing Giles, there's already a full supply of groceries in the kitchen, and knowing Andrew there's more pots and pans than he will ever need. Dropping the bags by the door, he looks around before walking to the window and looking out.

 

"Well, look out Gotham, Xander Harris is in town." he says, turning away from the window as a black shadowy figure swoops over head.