Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup
[Reviews - 1]
Printer
Table of Contents
- Text Size +


Author's Chapter Notes:
I do not own any characters, TV shows, or channels mentioned in this story.


Footsteps approach the door as the sun makes its daily decent. The sounds of a key being put into a lock echo through the silence followed by the soft creak of the door opening.

“Mother, I’m home,” announces Dr. Donald Mallard as he arrives home after a long days work. “Mother? Mother where are you?” Ducky questions searching the house for any signs of his mother, or her corgis. He finally comes upon the room with the TV and there sure enough is his mother. “Mother why didn’t you answer me, I was worried.”

“There you are Donald, I’ve been meaning to speak with you,” states Mrs. Mallard fire entering her eyes. “Why didn’t you tell me you were on TV? It’s bad enough you went and took part in that film, what was its name, Brother, Son, Uncle, oh you know the one I’m talking about.”

“Mother don’t be ridiculous I’m not on any TV show, I’m a Medical Examiner as I’ve told you before,” Ducky tries to placket his mother. “Now why are you watching Jeopardy now, it’s almost time for…”

Having turned to switch off the TV Ducky is confronted by an image not of Jeopardy but of himself. Taken aback he stands in shock until his mother speaks, “Now what do you have to say for yourself Donald.”

After making dinner and convincing his mother he has no idea why he’s on TV, Ducky returns to the TV to investigate further.

“I don’t know why everyone is surprised to find out about the French officer. He did deserve to be pushed off that cliff and there was a lake below.”

“When I say the dead speak to me I don’t mean it quite that literally.”

“Oh dear,” he sighs, “I didn’t know mother tried to get into MTAC, though I did find it amusing and mortifying to see her interested in Jethro.”

“I am quite proud to have come up with that solution to determine cause of death without autopsying the poor boy.”

Reaching for the remote Ducky pauses as a thought hits him. “Oh dear, I wonder if Jethro knows about this.” Grabbing his phone Ducky dials the all too familiar number. “Yes Jethro? It’s Ducky. Well I was wondering if you could possible join me at the pub. Yes well, I think there’s something you might want to know about. Nine’s fine; good I’ll see you then.”

“Poor McGee, I wonder what the others will do to him when they find out.”

Chapter End Notes:
No flames please. But advice and comments are welcome.