Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup

Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry for the long wait

Harry watched as his cousins practised their hand to hand on each other in Bobby’s yard, laughing when Sam pinned Dean, tickling his older brother. He tensed but then relaxed when Bobby joined him, obviously amused.

“Not joining in?”

“Nah, they need the bonding time.” Harry answered as Dean finally got free and attacked Sam.

“Probably true. You and Sam are pretty close now, it’s good to see.” Bobby commented and Harry shrugged.

“They’re the only family I’ve got left.” Harry whispered and Bobby frowned.

“What about your friends?” Bobby asked and Harry just stared out into the yard.
“Harry? What happened?”

“I dated someone they didn’t approve of, not to mention being the Master of Death now.” He stated calmly but Bobby saw the way his fists were clenched. Harry jumped the rail and headed off into the stacks of cars, the brothers stopping to watch him go before Sam took off after him and Dean walked over to Bobby.

“What happened?” Dean asked, worried for the kid.

“I asked about his friends…..he said they weren’t happy about someone he dated or the nice new title he picked up thanks to those three objects.” Bobby admitted and Dean glared at the thought of them abandoning Harry over that after everything Harry had told them about the ‘Golden Trio’.

```````````````````````````
Sam finally caught up to Harry, putting his hand on Harry’s shoulder and then raising his other hand to block Harry’s instinctive attack.

“Nice shot Harry.” He praised and Harry went red, turning away.
“Hey, it’s okay Harry. Want to tell me what’s wrong? Did Bobby say something?” Sam asked, wrapping his arms around his cousin to offer comfort. Harry stayed tense before relaxing, turning in Sam’s arms to hug him back.

“Not his fault.” Harry whispered.

“Talk to me Harry, please.” Sam pleaded and Harry sighed but moved to lean against a wrecked car.

“He uh……asked about my friends in England.”

“And?” Sam frowned.
“Did they….the war?” He asked and Harry shook his head.

“They made it but…..I started dating someone, they didn’t like my choice. Add to that my shiny new ring…………then we broke up and….there’s nothing for me there anymore.” Harry admitted softly and Sam hugged him again.

“Then they’re idiots Harry. If you find someone you’re happy with then it’s your choice, not theirs. Their only concern should have been that whoever it was, was good to you.”

“But….it was Blaise Zabini, my year in Slytherin. He….he picked our side over his family but the Ministry tried to take everything anyway, I stepped in and we started talking…it went from there. He left me a little before I came back. Stupid thing is, they hated that he’d been a Slytherin, not the fact he was a guy.” Harry snorted in disgust and Sam sighed, feeling sorry for his cousin. It was a little…weird to hear that Harry had been dating another guy but Sam didn’t care as long as Harry was happy.
“Not disgusted?” Harry asked shakily and Sam shook his head.

“As long as you’re happy it doesn’t matter Harry and I’m sorry they couldn’t see that.” Sam told him, making Harry relax.

“I think it was just the final straw, they’d been pulling away since they realised I’d accepted the Hallows. They’ve known me since we were eleven, why couldn’t they trust me?”

“I don’t know Harry. You have me and Dean and Bobby and we won’t leave you.”

“Unless any of you die again.” Harry muttered and Sam grinned.

“Look who’s talking shortie.” Sam teased and Harry hit him. Sam retaliated and soon they were play fighting, making Dean smile when he found them.

```````````````````````````````````````````````
Harry got between the brothers, green eyes narrowed in anger as he froze them both in place.

“Enough!” He yelled and they both blinked, the only movement they could control.

“Dean I’ve been with Sam for all but that first month, I think I’d notice if he was pulling mind tricks so just back off! If you ever say……don’t think I can’t or won’t kick your arse for him! And Sam just calm down, lets face it things haven’t been the easiest for Dean since he came back so just give him time, okay? And I think I’ll be having words with a certain feather brain later. So you two done fighting?” he asked and they both blinked yes so Harry released them, Sam’s hand going to his nose immediately.
“Let me look.” Harry soothed, anger gone. He put his hand over Sam’s nose and let his magic flow, healing it from where Dean’s fist had slammed into Sam’s face. Dean watched and then looked down at the floor, guilt flooding him as he saw the pain in Sam’s eyes.

“Sam?” Dean whispered and Sam looked up at him hesitantly, almost breaking at the pain and fear in Sam’s eyes. Why had he listened to the angel and just assumed?
“Sammy, I….” Dean trailed off, knowing no apology would be enough and then Sam took a step towards him.

“Dean?” Sam asked hesitantly and Dean closed the distance between them, pulling Sam into his arms.

“I’m sorry Sammy, so sorry.” Dean whispered and Sam nodded, returning the hug.

“I kept my promise, Harry killed Ruby, she attacked him. She wanted me to but I didn’t, promise.” Sam babbled and Dean nodded.

“I’m sorry, he said and I…I was scared Sam. We had so much trouble with Gordon and there are still others…..can’t lose you again.” Dean admitted.
“I’d never hunt you Sammy, no matter what.”

Harry stood back, watching with a small smile as the two forgave each other. He frowned as his thoughts wandered to Castiel; he really needed to have words with him about trying to set Dean against Sam. There may be some magic involved in that discussion, along with a certain sword.

“Can we go back to the room now?” Harry asked, figuring they would be embarrassed once they realised he was watching them. They separated and Dean looked around the room, frowning when he saw the bodies.

“If Sam didn’t then who…..” Dean looked at Harry who shrugged.

“Hey they thought nabbing me off the street would be fun.” Harry answered. Dean loked at the bodies again and fought down a shudder, yeah, Harry was a lot more powerful and able to fight than he had been. He nearly jumped when Sam’s phone rang and Sam searched his pockets for it, pulling it out to answer.

“Hello?” Sam asked, pinching the bridge of his nose, trying to collect himself.
“Hey, Travis. Yeah, hey.” Sam said and Dean frowned, they hadn’t heard from Travis in years.
“Uh…”Sam listened to him.
“It's good to hear your voice, too, yeah. Um, look, it's not a really good time right now. It's-“ Sam said but was cut off.
“Yeah, okay. Uh, well, just give me the details, and, uh…” Sam looked up at Dean who searched himself for pen and paper.
“Carthage, Missouri.” Sam said and Harry handed Dean paper to write it down.
“Looking for Jack Montgomery.” Sam added and then hung up.

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
“I can't believe it. Mom, a hunter?” Sam asked, completely shocked at the revelation. Harry was wisely staying out of it in the backseat. He’d never known his aunt and it felt….awkward.

“I wouldn't have believed it either if I hadn't seen it myself. That woman could kick some ass. I mean, she almost took me down.” Dean answered and Sam chuckled slightly before glancing at Dean.

“How'd she look? I mean... was she happy?” he asked hesitantly and Dean grinned.

“Yeah, she was awesome. Funny and smart. So hopeful.” Dean admitted, glancing at Sam and feeling bad that his brother had only ever seen her as a ghost.
“Dad, too. Until of course...” He trailed off and Sam sighed, looking out his window.
“What?”

“Nothing.” He muttered and then looked back at Dean.
“It's just, our parents. And now we find out our grandparents too? Our whole family murdered and for what? So Yellow Eyes could get in my nursery and bleed in my mouth?” He asked and Dean felt his blood freeze in his veins. In the backseat Harry tensed, ready to intervene again if he had to. Sam had told him after he’d told Sam about being a horcrux but Harry knew Sam hadn’t told Dean.

“Sam, I never said anything about demon blood.” Dean whispered and Sam stared at his lap, looking guilty.
“You knew about that?” He breathed, feeling betrayed.

“Yeah, for about a year.” Sam whispered, unable to look at him.

“A whole year?” Dean choked out and Sam nodded.

“I should have told you. I'm sorry.” Sam whispered and Dean caught another pair of green eyes in his rear view mirror. Harry didn’t need to say anything to get his point across.

“No, it’s okay Sammy. I just….wished you felt like you could tell me yourself.” Dean admitted, smiling slightly when Sam’s hand came into view, he lowered his hand from the wheel to squeeze Sam’s hand. Harry leant forward and put his over theirs.
“So no more secrets?” Dean asked and they both nodded at him.

```````````````````````````````````
The three of them walked through the door into their shared room and stopped, all three reaching for weapons as they saw something before Dean smiled.

“Travis.” Sam called out in greeting and Harry dropped his hand, studying the man who was sitting at the table drinking beer.

“See, Sam. Told you we should have hid the beer.” Dean said as Travis got up, smiling as he walked towards them.

“Smartass. Get over here.” Travis said, laughing as he and Dean hugged.
“Ahh, good to see you.”

“You too.” Dean said as they broke apart and Travis moved to hug Sam as well.

“Good to see you.” Travis told Sam who smiled at him.

“You too, Travis.” When they parted Travis frowned as he saw Harry behind the brothers.

“And who’s this?” The older hunter asked, studying him.

“Travis this is our cousin Harry Potter. Harry this is an old family friend, Travis.” Dean introduced them and Harry held out a hand.

“Nice to meet you sir.” Harry greeted and Travis nodded, smiling as he shook Harry’s hand.

“You too kid. These two dragging you around huh?” He teased and Harry grinned.

“More like I keep saving their butts sir.”

“Drop the sir, I’m Travis.” He said and then stared at Sam.
“Man, you got tall, kid.” He commented and they all laughed.
“How long has it been?”

“Ah, gotta be 10 years.” Sam answered, moving to sit down.

“You still a.. oh, what was it... a mathlete?” Travis asked and Sam scoffd.

“No.” Sam grumbled and Dean laughed.

“Yep, sure is.” He teased his younger brother.

“Been too long, boys. I mean, look at you. Grown men. John would have been damn proud of you. Sticking together like this.”

“Yeah. Yeah, we're as thick as thieves.” Dean answered and Sam smiled at him.
“And hey, now there’s three of us. Nothing more important than family.” Dean said, reaching out to ruffle Harry’s hair, making Harry squirm and duck away.

“Sorry I'm late for the dance.” Travis told them as they sat at the table.
“Thanks for helping out an old man. I'm a little, uh, shorthanded.” He indicated his right hand and arm which were covered in a cast. They laughed at that.
“So, you track down Montgomery?”

“Yeah, we found him at his home.” Sam told him as they got out the food they’d sent Harry for while watching the house, much to Harry’s annoyance.

“And?”

“Well, he had a hell of a case of the munchies, topped off with a burger he forgot to cook.” Dean answered and Harry wrinkled his nose in disgust.

“That's him alright.”

“What's him?”

“Boys, we got a rougarou on our hands.” Travis told them.

“A rougarou?” Dean glanced at Sam and Harry, the younger of whom shrugged.
“Is that made up?” he looked at Travis before either could answer.
“That sounds made up.”

“They're mean, nasty little suckers. Rotted teeth, wormy skin, the works.” Travis explained.

“Well, that ain't this guy. I mean, he was wearing a cellphone on his belt.” Dean argued.

“He'll turn ugly soon enough. They start out human, for all intents and purposes.” Travis continued.

“So, what? They go through some kind of metamorphosis?” Sam asked.

“Yep, like a maggot turning into a bull fly. But most of all they're hungry.” Travis continued.

“Hungry for what?” Dean demanded.

“At first, for everything, but then... for long pig.” Travis finished and Sam exhaled, understanding him. Harry took a second longer before looking sick.

“Long pig?” Dean asked, worried at seeing his family’s reactions.

“He means human flesh.” Harry mumbled, looking a little green.

“And that is my word of the day.” Dean said, starting to look green himself.

“Hunger grows in, till they can't fight it. Till they got to take themselves a big, juicy chomp, and then it happens.” Travis continued.

“What happens?” Sam asked.

“They transform completely and fast. One bite's all it takes. Eyes, teeth, skin; all turns. No going back either. They feed once, they're a monster forever. And our man Jack's headed there on a bullet train.”

“Well, how'd you find this guy if he's a walking, talking human?” Dean asked in confusion.

“Lets just say it runs in his family.” Travis told them and Harry’s eyes widened.

“You mean, uh...” Harry trailed off.

“Killed his daddy back in '78. Son of a bitch mangled 8 bodies before I put him down. Guy used to be a dentist. Cadillac, trophy wife... Little did I know, pregnant trophy wife. She put the boy up for adoption. By the time I found out, he was long gone, lost in the system.”

“You mean to tell me you couldn't find someone?” Dean demanded and Travis sighed.

“I'm not sure I wanted to. The idea of hunting down some poor kid... I don't think I'd have the heart. No. I wanted to wait, make damn sure I had the right man. Apparently, I do.” He took a swig of beer.

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````
“Jack Montgomery?” Sam called as they walked into the yard. Jack didn’t turn right away but then finally looked over the three of them.

“I'm Sam Winchester. This is my brother; Dean and out cousin Harry. We need to talk.” Sam told him and Jack looked them each over.

“About?” he demanded.

“About you. About how you're changing.” Sam told him.

“Excuse me?”

“You're probably feeling your bones move under your skin. And your appetite's reaching, you know, "hungry hungry hippo" levels. How am I doing so far?” Dean continued, giving Sam a break.

“Who the hell are you guys?” Jack demanded angrily and Harry tossed a calming charm his way.

“We're people who know a little something about something. We're people who can help. Please, just hear us out.” Harry called out calmly, watching as Jack calmed a little under the influence of his magic. Sam shot him a look and Harry shrugged, tuning them out while he studied Jack with his magic, looking for a way to help him. By the time he refocused on the conversation they’d obviously told Jack what he was.

“A-a what?” Jack stammered.

“A rougarou. Sounds made-up, I know, but believe me, it's not.” Dean explained.

“Alright, I've noticed certain things. I mean, some strange things. But I just, I-I don't know. I'm… I'm sick or something.” Jack argued.

“Your father was one of these things.” Sam told him and Jack turned on Sam at that.
“Your real father. He passed it on to you.”

“No. Are-are you guys listening to yourselves? You s-sound like you're-“

“Skip the whole "you guys sound crazy", shall we? You're hungry, Jack. You're only gonna get hungrier.” Harry grumbled, frustrated that he couldn’t find anything with magic.

“Hungrier for?” Jack demanded.

“Long pig. You know, a little manburger helper, may have crossed your mind already.” Sam told him.

“No.” Jack denied.

“It doesn't have to be like this, Jack. You can fight it off.” Sam tried and Jack shook his head.

“No.”

“Others have.” Sam kept trying.

“We're not gonna lie to you, though. It's not gonna be easy. You're gonna feel like an alcoholic swimming around in whiskey. But I'm telling you. You gotta say no... or-“ Dean stepped in.

“Or what?” Jack demanded but he was getting shakier.

“You feed once, and it's all over. And then we'll have to stop you.” Dean finished.

“Stop me? My dad, did uh, somebody stop him?” Jack asked, angry and scared.

“Yes.” Harry whispered and Jack glared at him.

“Get off my property right now. I see you guys again, I'm calling the cops.” Jack growled at them.

“Jack, your wife, everybody you know, they're in danger.” Sam tried.

“Now!” Jack yelled and his neighbour looked over at the raised voices. Sam sighed and began to walk away.

“Good talk.” Dean grumbled as they walked away, Jack watching them. Before they left the yard Harry shot a tracking charm at the man, just to be safe.

`````````````````````````````````
“Castiel? Get your feathered butt down here!” Harry yelled; beyond mad at the angel for what he’d done.
“Damn it you stupid angel don’t make me summon you!” He screamed, magic building and then he spun to face the blue-eyes angel who looked puzzled.

“You are mad.” He stated and Harry glared.

“No shit Sherlock.” He snapped.
“What were you trying to pull?”

“I do not understand.”

“’Stop Sam or we will’ ring a bell?” He asked and Castiel nodded.

“It is true, he must not use the powers” Castiel started but Harry cut him off.

“He isn’t! He’s never touched them! He kills demons with the knife; I use my sword and sometimes the Hallows. No visions, no nothing.” Harry spat at him and Castiel stared in confusion.

“But I was told…”

“Yeah well tell your superiors that unless they want to test the limits of this Master of Death thing they better stay clear of all three of us. No one hurts my family. Clear?”

“Of course. I did not know but I will tell them that Sam has not strayed.”

“Fine. You might want to stay away from Dean for a while too unless you want him to hit you.” Harry warned and then he was alone. He snarled and lashed out with his magic before vanishing. All that was left of the surrounding trees was a crater.

````````````````````````````````````````````
“Michelle?” Jack murmured as he came too. Travis stood in front of her, looking at Jack.
“Okay. We're gonna stay calm. We're gonna give this man whatever he wants.” He tried and Travis looked down at that, a bit sad at what he had to do.
“Anything. Just take it and go, please.”

“I'm sorry about this, Jack.” Travis whispered as he walked over to Michelle.
“I truly am.” He began untying Michelle’s gag.
“It's not the way that I wanted it to go.”

“Who are you?” Jack demanded.

“You already met some friends of mine.” Travis told him, walking over to Jack.
“Two brothers?”

“They said that if I...” Jack trailed off, looking at his wife who was shaking.
“Look, I haven't hurt anybody.”

“Not yet, but you would've.” Travis argued and Jack shook his head.
“They always do. I'm doing you a favour, son.”

“Jack, what's he talking about?” Michelle asked fearfully and Jack looked over at her but stayed quiet.

“Tell her, Jack. Tell her the truth. She deserves to know.” Travis told him but Jack shook his head.

“Just let her go. She's not a part of this.” He pleaded.

“A part of what?” She demanded, confused.
“Jack?!”

“I really do apologize, but she is a part of it.” Travis told them.

“What?” Jack looked between his wife and the hunter.

“Michelle... tell him what you told me when I got here.” Travis told her and she stared at him, tears in her eyes.

“Michelle?” Jack whispered and she looked over at him.

“I said... "Don't hurt me... because I'm pregnant".” She answered softly, her voice breaking as she began to cry again. Travis looked over at Jack who turned to look at him, beginning to realise what the man was planning.

“J-just hold on a minute.”

“Now you see the mess we're in? I can't make this mistake all over again. I won't be around in 30 years; this has got to end now. I know you don't believe me, but I'd give anything not to have to do this.” Travis explained and Jack shook his head, pleading.

“No. No. No…” Jack tired to move but was stoped by the cuffs. Michelle stared at him, petrified, as Travis began readying his weapons.

“Oh God! Please don't!” She cried as she saw the gas canister.

“You don't have to do this!” Jack yelled as Travis began to pour the gas.
“If you want to kill me, kill me, but not my wife. Okay? I'm begging you.” He begged.

“Ain't got no choice. My condolences.” Travis said as he continued to pour the gas. Jack desperately began yanking at his cuffs.

“Jack.” Michelle whispered as Jack continued struggling, his eyes becoming bloodshot. Jack fought against the chains and then broke the chain between the cuffs, jumping on Travis. Straddling Travis, Jack began beating him. After two hits Travis started fighting back. Travis managed to switch their positions, using his cast to beat Jack, all while Michelle watched in terror.
“Jack!” She screamed even as Jack captured Travis’ arm and threw him to the floor. Jack’s eyes were completely bloodshot as he held Travis in a choke hold with one hand, ripping away the hunter’s shirt with the other. Travis lunged in, biting down on Travis’ throat, making Travis scream in agony. Travis bled out quickly as Jack chewed at the piece of flesh he’d removed. As he took another bite his features began to change. He spun to face his wife, his face covered in blood. Standing up he walked over and untied her. Michelle jumped form the chair, moving away from him.
“Stay away from me!” She screamed.

“Michelle.” Jack sobbed out her name as she bolted form the house. She got in the car and drove away as quickly as possible even as a black Impala drove around the corner from the opposite direction.

“I guess now we know where Travis is.” Dean commented as he spotted the other hunters car across the street.

“That stupid son of a bitch.” Sam grumbled as they approached, looking things over. Dean entered first, eyes on the stairs, Sam following him. Neither knew where Harry was at the moment and were kind of glad he didn’t have to see the mess they found. The kid had too many nightmares already. They came across a large puddle of blood but no bodies. A blood trail led behind the couch where they found Travis’ body, or what was left.


“Oh, God. Think that's Travis?” Dean whispered and Sam sighed.

“What's left of him.” Sam whispered in defeat and Dean reached over to part his arm, knowing that Sam sort of saw himself in Jack.
“Guess you were right about Jack.” Sam stated but before Dean could respond he was pushed forward.
“Dean!” Sam yelled as Jack slammed Dean into the coffee table, knocking him out. Sam pulled his flamethrower up, trying to light it but Jack jumped him before he could. They slammed into the flor and Sam hit the back of his head. Stunned, he didn’t have time to react as Jack slammed the flamethrower into his face.

Sam woke on the floor of a closet, he staggered up and tried the doorhandle but it was locked.

“Dean?” Sam called out, worried for his brother.

“Dean can't come to the phone right now.” Sam heard Jack answer, blood running cold. He slammed his hand against the door in anger.

“Jack! If you hurt him, I swear to God!” Sam yelled.

“Calm down!” Jack yelled back form where he was sitting by Dean’s feat. Dean was still unconscious, his head bleeding a little. Sam relaxed a little at hearing that, his heads resting against the door.
“Your brother's alive.”
“But not if you don't calm down.”

“Alright, Jack. Listen. Open the door. We can figure this out, okay?” Sam called out calmly and Jack laughed.

“We'll have ourselves a little brainstorming session.” Jack laughed and Sam closed his eyes, close to tears out of desperation.

“Jack. Please.” Sam pleaded.

“I don't think so. After what you did?” Jack spat and Sam frowned.

“What? What are you talking about?” Sam asked, confused.

“You send your friend here. He tried to burn my wife alive.” Jack yelled and Sam paled. Travis wouldn’t, would he?

“What? Why?” Sam demanded and Jack realised he didn’t know.

“He didn't say.” Jack lied and Sam finally found something useful, he grabbed the metal hanger and started working on the lock.

“I guess psychopaths don't have to explain themselves.” Jack stated, looking over at Dean and then slowly began to move along his body.

“Listen to me. You gotta believe me.” Sam called out.
“My brother and I, we never would have hurt her, okay?” He pleaded, hoping the lock gave soon. By then Jack was by Dean’s face, reaching out with a shaking hand to dip his fingers in the blood on Dean’s face. He stared at it before slowly licking it off.

“Oh, God. I'm so hungry.” Jack murmured.

“Jack, don't do this.” Sam begged.

“I can't ever see my family again. You two... your friend. You made me into this!” Jack yelled and then froze as a sword blade rested against his throat.

“No one made you kill.” A calm, cold voice stated and in the closet Sam sagged in relief at hearing his cousin’s voice.
“Stand up, slowly.” Harry ordered and Jack did as told, fighting the urge to go back to Dean’s blood.

“Listen to me. You got this dark pit inside you. I know. Believe me, I know. But that doesn't mean you have to fall into it. You don't have to be a monster.” Sam called, still working on the lock even as Jack turned slowly to face the person holding him at sword point. He looked at the teenager before him and almost tried it but then he saw the cold, hard eyes and thought better of it but he did laugh.

“Have you seen me lately?” He decided to answer Sam instead.

“It doesn't matter what you are.” Sam argued, knowing Harry wouldn’t move unless there was no choice.
“It only matters what you do. It's your choice.” Sam called out and Jack stared at Harry before his eyes went back to Dean. He grunted in pain, shaking as he reached towards Dean.

“Don’t.” Harry warned but Jack lunged.
“Incendio.” Harry called as Jack was mid lunge and the mans body went up in flames. He screamed once and then Harry’s sword severed his head, cutting off his scream while his body burned. Harry looked down at Dean to find groggy green eyes staring up at him. Dean shot him a grateful smile and Harry nodded, even as Sam finally got the door open. Sam stared down at the burning body sadly and Harry reached over to hug him briefly.

````````````````````````````````````````````````
“You did the right thing, you know. That guy was a monster, there was no going back.” Dean said, looking back at where Harry was sitting in the back. Harry nodded absently and Sam continued to stare out the window.
“Anyway, where were you before?” Dean asked and Harry finally cracked a smile, even chuckling slightly.

“Just giving an angel some friendly advice.” He answered and they both turned to stare at him.

“Dude, tell me you didn’t threaten him!” Dean yelled, scared for Harry who smiled.

“Maybe. Relax, Castiel was shocked to learn he’d been given wrong intel. It’s fine.” Harry assured them.

“Fine, but no more threatening angels in case they try to smite you or something.” Dean ordered and Harry laughed.

“Yes Dad.”

TBC….