Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


Apprentice

By danu40k

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

&&&&&

It was September 1st and time to head off for the train.

Harry had packed up all of his gear into his trunk and had stocked his trunk as much as he could.

He had made sure that his antham was in place and he had the candles and other things as well.

He had said goodbye to Mistress McKay the night before and had spent the previous week at the Coven to insure his good fortune in the new place.

Master Edwards had already left to his Dojo, and Master Lin was the one escorting Harry to the train.

Master Edwards would be seeing Harry every weekend for his lessons and Master Lin would be at Hogwarts taking care of the greenhouses Harry had had set up.

He would be continuing Harry’s Tai-Chi and history lessons as well as taking over Harry’s potions and herb lore from Mistress McKay.

&&&&&

They arrived with time to spare, and Master Lin helped Harry get his things on board and to find a compartment.

The compartment they found had a few others in there. Harry had wanted to meet with his fellow students before they arrived at Hogwarts and here he found a girl and a boy he had been taught was Neville Longbottom, allied to the House of Potter for centuries.

Neville was a bit taller than Harry and was pudgy. His eyes were hazel and looked to show his emotions very well.

His hair was blond, curling slightly around his head.

Right now, Neville was desperately holding onto his pet toad, Trevor.

The girl, he found out, was named Hermione, and she was the first in her family to be Magical.

You could tell she was excited about going to school, and he knew that between her and himself, they could hopefully bring Neville out of his shell.

Hermione hair was brown and slightly bushy showing her problems keeping it lying still on her head.

Her eyes were brown, and her teeth were a bit bucktoothed.

She had a book in her lap and was talking to Neville about the school when Harry had entered.

Harry had gained a bit more in height as well as weight, though he had a gymnast’s body with muscle in his arms, chest, and legs.

He had a crew cut, to help tame his wild hair, and new glasses.

These glasses had been spelled for him with; anti fog, anti glare, and against summoning. There were also spells for Thermal Imaging, and Infrared, as well as to see through invisible objects.

When Neville looked at the new comer he stammered a greeting as he recognized the-boy-who-lived. Hermione looked at Harry and, after seeing his forehead, started to go on and on about how she had read about him in various books.

Harry just smiled and asked if he could sit with them.

Neville blushed while Hermione gladly told him to come and sit.

Harry and Hermione discussed the books, with Harry telling her that they were rubbish since no one else had been there and therefore had no idea what had truly transpired. “Beside which,” he told her, “If you look at each one of them, you will notice that they contradict each other.”

Hermione was put out at being told the books were faulty and that since she was talking to the person they were about, she had to rethink her stance on the subject.

While she was thinking, Harry turned to Neville and held out his hand to shake, “greetings from the House of Potter to its ally in the House of Longbottom.”

Neville was surprised to find his seatmate knowing the proper forms of addressing him, and stuttered the greeting back.

Harry grinned at that, while Hermione got a look in her eye that said she was after more information.

“What did that mean? The greeting you gave each other?” she asked.

Harry took pity on Neville and decided to explain himself.

“It’s a form of greeting between our two houses. Both the Longbottoms and the Potters are allied together and have been for centuries. I was just affirming that with the greeting I gave Neville here.”

Hermione looked over at Neville, who blushed and nodded.

“Oh, so you know each other I take it?”

Harry shook his head. “I was placed with Muggles after my parent’s death. I was taught about the 500 and things like that. I also found out that Neville and I are god-brothers, meaning that our mothers were god-mothers to each of us.”

Neville lowered his head and blushed further.

By this time the train had begun to move and they were on their way.

“What are the 500?” Hermione asked.

Harry looked over at Neville. “Why don’t you answer this one Neville?

Neville looked shocked at first then began to stutter through the answer.

“The 500 are the elite of Magical Europe, the top families in power, influence, and money.”

“Oh. So like Royalty or Peers of the Realm. “

Neville had no idea what that meant and turned to Harry.

“Sort of. As far as the power and such are concerned yes, but only a few of us actually hold a rank, and that also affects where you stand in the 500.” he answered.

“So where do you stand?” Hermione asked Harry.

Harry thought for a bit then answered; “Around the top ten in the UK and in the top 50 in Europe.”

Hermione looked at Neville, who stammered out; “The top 50 in Britain and the top 100 in Europe”

“So you both have influence in the Wizarding World with Harry having a lot and you having about half of that.” Hermione said as though to clarify it to herself.

Harry nodded.

“My ranking fluctuates depending on who you ask. If you ask those who had supported the last Dark Lord, I would be ranked about 7th due to my Peer Rank as well as lineage and money. If you ask anyone else who knew about the 500 and its rankings, I would rank about 3rd.”

Hermione was aghast at that, here sat a true Peer of the Realm!

Harry squirmed a bit and then turned to Neville to get the conversation away from Ranking.

“How is your grandmother and your family?” he asked him.

Neville finally got the nerve to look at Harry and answered; “They are fine. They were excited that I was actually magical and not a Squib like they had thought.

Harry grinned at that, he had heard the troubles Neville had gotten into as they tried to find out if he was magical.

Neville hung his head again; “I don’t think I’ll do as well as Gran wants me to though.”

Harry and Hermione looked quizzically at him.

“Why not?” Hermione asked.

“I’m not good at anything but Herbology.” He answered.

“As a friend, I’ll just have to help you then.” Harry grinned at this while Hermione nodded her head that she would as well.

“You don’t have to help me.” Neville told them.

“Nonsense.” Harry told him, “That’s what friends do for each other.”

Neville grinned slightly at that.

Harry pulled out a deck of cards, “Do you want to play exploding Snap?” He asked Neville and Hermione.

Hermione made a face and shook her head while Neville nodded with a smile now that the conversation had moved on.

The snack lady arrived around 3 and everyone got some snacks, with Hermione bemoaning the fact that there were only sweets on the cart and nothing healthy.

Harry pulled out his pack and handed her an apple, while he had some carrot sticks.

Neville looked at them like they had come from another planet.

Harry grinned and pulled out a thermos and poured himself some soup. He gave a questioning look to Hermione who grinned and nodded her head. He looked at Neville who decided that it smelled much better than the sandwich his Gran had had the house-elves make him and Harry pulled a few more disposable bowls.

By the time they were finished, talk had turned to Hogwarts and its houses.

Harry had used his wand to stop Trevor from escaping with Neville’s thanks as they continued their talks.

Neville was surprised that Harry WANTED to be in Hufflepuff. His ancestor was rumored to be Gryffindor himself so he should want to be in that house.

Harry shook his head when Neville had told him that. “I don’t want to suddenly become a poster boy for a house, which I would be if I was in either Gryffindor or Ravenclaw. Besides I try to adhere to the principals of Hufflepuff house and to the Wiccan Creed.”

When Neville and Hermione asked about what the Wiccan Creed was, Harry told them about the Three Fold Rule as well as a few other rules that govern the lives of those who practice.

Harry continued; “Besides, I hear that Gryffindor’s are always heading into trouble first and not thinking about the consequences until they are caught or beaten. I’ve also found that they look down on what they perceive as cowardice when in actuality it takes a strong person to stand up to bullies. Between Slytherin and Gryffindor, I think there are a lot of bullies in each of them.”

Neville thought about it for a moment.

“But my parents were in Gryffindor and they were no bullies, the same as yours.”

Harry shook his head again; “I’ve read my father’s diary as well as my mother’s and it sounds like he was a bully to at least those in the Slytherin house until he decided that he wanted to date my mum. She made him quit it and leave well enough alone, but by then the damage was done and we had made at least one enemy in Severus Snape, who is now the potions teacher at Hogwarts, so I expect to pay for the crimes that had been done against him. And it would be even worse if I was in the same house as my father.”

Neville nodded that that made sense.

He knew that his Gran wanted him in Gryffindor, but there was no way he wanted to be bullied. He knew it would disappoint his family if he wasn’t in Gryffindor, but then again he was already a disappointment, something she had let him know several times throughout his childhood. But at the same time he wanted her to be proud of him for SOMETHING.

He sighed at the thoughts Harry was giving him, with Hermione doing the same.

She had thought that Gryffindor would be the place she would call home for the next seven years, but the way Harry was describing it, she was rethinking it. She knew that she could easily go to Ravenclaw; she had the brains for it.

&&&&&

As they neared Hogwarts, they were visited by a ferret faced young man and his two sidekick bodyguards.

He slammed the door open and looked at each of them, zeroing in on Harry’s scar.

“So, your Harry Potter,” he stated, “I’m Draco Malfoy heir to the Malfoy House.” he said pompously, as though he should be kneeled to.

Harry nodded back politely, “Harrison James Potter Head of the 3rd ranked family and the House of Potter.”

Draco puffed up over the slight that here was someone who already knew his place, and it was above his.

His father had told him that Harry Potter had been raised as a Muggle and therefore would have no idea what power he could use.

It was supposed to be easy to bring him under the influence of the House of Malfoy.

His father had been wrong.

“A person of your rank shouldn’t be seen with peasants such as these. You should be with someone who could show you how to use your rank to its fullest,” Draco finished, proud of himself for his quick thinking.

Harry looked at him for a moment, his face blank. “I had no idea your family had finally acknowledge it was wrong when my ancestor beat their master and brought them to heal. If I remember correctly, your family’s rank was revoked and you were banned from the 500 for quite a long period of time.”

Draco growled at this. Everyone knew his family had been unjustly punished and that the Potter’s had taken what was rightfully theirs.

Though even if his families Peer Rank were returned, Potter would STILL out rank him. A Duke outranked a Marquee no matter how you looked at it.

That was one of the things that his father had promised his family when the Dark Lord had been in power, the return of that which had been stolen from them.

Draco stepped towards him in anger, with his bodyguards following.

Harry held up a hand and told Malfoy, “If you even THINK of touching me in anger, I will bring you, and through you, your family, to the High courts. Not the Wizengamot where you hold sway at the moment, but the High Court which is ruled by the 500. Your past against my family is well known and you WOULD be punished accordingly. That is unless you declare Blood Feud.”

Harry left this dangling knowing Draco would like nothing better than to declare Blood Feud, however he knew his father would skin him alive if he did so. Potter’s rank, both in the real world and in the Wizarding world, where he is also recognized as the boy-who-lived, would get him into trouble and they would probably lose even if they defeated Potter himself. By doing so, they would lose many of their supporters as they pulled back so that they would not lose their power as well in response to public pressure.

Draco growled and pulled back, glaring at Harry, he stomped off with his bodyguards following obediently behind him.

Hermione looked at Harry, then at Neville; “I supposed that was more of the 500 business.”

Harry shrugged. “Some, some of it was also old family history. The Foys aligned themselves to a Dark Lord named Vio back in the Middle Ages.

My ancestor, Cardin, defeated them and the King was very angry that the Foys tried to take him out and overthrow the government.

The Foys lost all of their rank and their head was executed. They had to find homes and jobs after that, since the King had also taken their lands.”

“The Foys later married into the Mal families becoming the Malfoy family, a family that has kept the Feud going through all of these years.”

Harry grimaced, “Ok the Potters have also continued the Feud.”

Harry paused in thought. “If I hadn’t been given tutors, it would have been real easy to fall for his line if he hadn’t come across as a bully.” he told them, then grinned. “And they wonder why my father was a bully to the Slytherin House.”

Neville grinned. He had always been on the wrong side of the family businesses with the Malfoy family, and it was nice to see them brought down.

Hermione looked at each of them before deciding that she needed to find out about the 500 if it was going to impact her as much as she thought.

&&&&&

They were given warning that the train would soon be entering Hogshead and that it was time to put their robes on.

Harry pulled his robes out of his pack and resized them, and, after steaming them out to get rid of the wrinkles, he put them, making sure that his family crest was straight.

Hermione and Neville looked at Harry as he did this. “I know I’ve been able to try several charms, but I never thought to try those.”

Neville hadn’t even been able to do much with his father’s wand, let as well able to do what Harry had just done.

After everyone had gotten off the train, they were herded over to a large man who looked like a wild bear.

He was bigger than anyone else they knew, his beard and hair were mixed together in a tangled mess and his eyes were small black beetle looking things.

After getting everyone onto the boats, they headed across the lake and it wasn’t long until they saw Hogwarts in all of her glory.

The giant man beached the boats and then herded them up to one of the castle doors, pounding on it; it was soon opened by a severe looking woman the man called Professor McGonagall.

She thanked the man (Whose name they now found to be Hagrid) and brought the children into the castle. She led them to a hallway and told them that they would soon be sorted into their proper houses, with each house holding fine traditions and alumni. They were told the point system and then were told to wait while she prepared for the sorting.

Harry watched as Malfoy and another boy got into an argument that nearly came to blows before ghosts seem to flow through the walls.

The fat man who looked like an old fashioned priest was arguing with the others over someone being given another chance, however, the others would have nothing to do with it.

Finally the ghosts realized that there were children in the hall and the priest welcomed them grandly and told them that he hoped to see them in Hufflepuff, while the others welcomed them as well.

After the ghosts had left, Professor McGonagall escorted them into the great hall.

Harry looked at the ceiling marveling in the spell work that had gone into it, while Hermione was telling them that it showed what it looked like the sky outside.

Professor McGonagall placed an old battered hat on a stool and Harry, as well as the other Muggle Born or raised students, jumped when it started to sing out its purpose.

Hermione looked relieved that she would not have to use any of the spells and charms she had been memorizing while Neville and Harry were nervous over the fact that the hat could obviously read your mind.

Hermione’s name was called first, and, after a few moments, Ravenclaw was heard throughout the hall.

Hermione took off the hat and headed towards her new home for the next 7 years.

Neville was soon called to the hat, and after a long period of time, Hufflepuff, was called out. Neville nervously put the hat down and headed to his table, fearing what his Gran would do to him now.

Soon it was Harry’s turn and as his name was called, silence overcame the hall. He walked confidently as he had been taught, and placed the hat on his head.

Ah, you wish for Hufflepuff eh? You do know you are escuing you natal house don’t you? You could do well in Gryffindor you know.’

Harry replied with the same argument he had used on Hermione and Neville, ‘I do not wish to become the poster boy for either Ravenclaw or Gryffindor, and that is exactly what would happen if I was put in either of those houses. Besides I prefer loyalty and hard work, I don’t need knowledge for knowledge sake and I have no need to prove my courage to any one, so Hufflepuff please.’

So be it’ the hat called out to the rest of the hall, Hufflepuff!

The hall was silent for a moment, they couldn’t have heard what they thought they had, could they?

It sank in when Harry headed over to sit by Neville.

Hufflepuff went nuts over the fact that they had gotten Potter while Gryffindor were booing and insisting that it must be a joke.

Dumbledore finally got the hall under control enough to continue the sorting and soon it was over

Dumbledore raised his arms in greeting then said a few words which in turn brought food to the various tables.

Harry noticed that Master Lin must have gotten a hold of the house-elves since all around him were vegetables and fish as well as some chicken as opposed to fatty meats and starches.

&&&&&

Dumbledore watched as Harry ate, noticing that he left the main courses alone and preferred the vegetables and the chicken and fish, though he did have one small piece of beef, he got the feeling that he did that for show only though.

He was worried. None of his plans had survived to date, and the gifts he was going to award Harry with had been returned to him already under threat of his removing of said items becoming public.

The boy had somehow received tutoring and in fact two of his tutors would be continuing his education against his wishes, with one of them residing in Hogwarts itself.

Master Lin was inscrutable and it was hard to get a feeling for the man. Something he needed to do if he was to manipulate both he and his charge.

He had heard that the boy knew of his heritage as well as his rankings and the power he could get from using this. Something he had tried to stop by placing him with his relatives.

He was worried about the fact that Harry had power and knew it, and that he had already used or threatened to use that power on Mr. Malfoy. Something he would have to put a stop to. If Harry went dark with his power, there would be no stopping him.

No, it was time to being young Harry back into the light and under his power.

&&&&&

Snape loved the fact that Potter had been placed in such a weak house. He could use this against the boy.

He had seen the way Potter had strutted up to the hat, and the hubris he had shown his god-son Draco, was unforgivable.

He would pay for that as well as everything his father had done to him, tutor watchmen or no. And who gave him permission to have added teachers? It was just one more thing that the boy was forcing them to have, using his power to get what he wanted.

Well, HE would put a stop to that. It wouldn’t be long in coming either since he would be seeing the boy Friday for class.

&&&&&

Professor Sprout was overjoyed at finding young Harry in her care. She had been talking with Master Lin and she knew that he showed promise in Herbology as well as his other subjects.

She knew from Master Lin, that the boy was quiet and introspective and it would be her job to try and bring him out more.

She made a promise to herself to have a talk with her prefects about helping Mr. Potter out.

She then turned her eyes to the Longbottom boy.

Poor dear. His grandmother was going to throw a fit over his placement in my house‘.’ But,’ she thought ‘it would be good for him in the long run’

Like Mr. Potter, he would need to have gentle coaching to bring him out of his shell.

She knew from the Herbology Journals that Mr. Longbottom was gifted in Herbology and had already published many missives on the subject; she would be making sure that he kept that love for her subject since it would give him something to take pride in.

&&&&&

When dinner and dessert were finished, Harry listened to Dumbledore’s speech about not going into the forest and not going near the 3rd floor that was cordoned off, and made a note to himself to do so, after all, he had no wish to make waves unless there was reason to, such as with Malfoy.

While looking at the teachers, Harry recognized Professor Snape immediately from his parent’s description and saw that the man was scowling at him, but it was the man next to him that caused him to pause. Using his glasses, he looked at the man and saw that there were two entities sharing his head, with one being covered by the turban.

This was something he would have to bring up to his tutors.

&&&&&

When they finally reached the entryway to Hufflepuff, Harry thought he could retrace his path to the great hall at least and figured that from there he could find the rest of his classes.

The prefect opened the door and Harry found himself in a common room that reminded him of Mr. Bilbo Baggins Hobbit house.

Professor Sprout was there to greet them all warmly and tell them about the house rules as well as many of the rules of Hogwarts herself.

She ended with handing out maps that would lead them to their various classes as well as the great hall. From there, she bade them goodnight and they were escorted to their rooms

There were 6 boys in the first year and that meant that they would get two rooms with 3 in each.

Harry and Neville chose to take a room together along with Daniel Monahan.

Daniel was slightly shorter than either Harry or Neville and had red hair as well as hazel eyes.

He was bouncing up and down much like Hermione had done and, like her, told them that he was the first in his family to go to Hogwarts.

They entered their room and, again, Harry was reminded of Tolkien and Hobbits.

When he brought it up, Daniel laughed, and then said that while he hadn’t personally read the books he had seen the animated movies and loved the Hobbit.

When Neville looked them quizzically, he was told that the Hobbit was a set of books by a man by the name of Tolkien.

Both Daniel and Harry began to tell Neville about the books as they got out of their clothes and into pajamas.

&&&&&

The next morning, Harry got up and, after getting dressed in his sweats, he headed out to the common room to do his PT and, from there, working it into Tai-Chi, finding that he was not the only one who was an early riser.

One of the 7th years was up and already going over his notes for something.

Harry later found out that he was the Quidditch Captain and he often got up early to go over plays for his team.

The boy, Steven, watched as Harry went through his workout and, shaking his head, headed up to his room to finish getting ready for class.

When Harry was finished with his Tai-Chi, he headed back to the dorm, and to a shower.

He finished his shower just in time for the other two to come in and groggily try to get ready for class.

Both Neville and Daniel grumbled at Harry’s happy good morning, hating the morning person in their midst.

Harry waited for them to come out so that they could head to the great hall together, and using Harry’s sense of direction as well as a few glances at the map, they soon found themselves at the table and ready to eat.

As they ate, Professor Sprout handed them each a copy of their schedule, and, with a happy wave at them, headed off to do the same with the others that were coming in.

Their schedule looked fairly light, ‘but then,’ Harry thought to himself, ‘they didn’t want to overwhelm the first years their first year. It probably got harder later when they were 2nd or definitely 3rd years since that was when they started their extra classes

Their first class was Transfigurations with Ravenclaw, meeting up with Hermione who was oh so happy in her new house.

Hermione and Harry helped Neville and Daniel with the spell work and watched as Neville fought his wand, this was something he would be brining up with Master Lin later this afternoon.

After class they headed to lunch and from there, Harry talked them into doing their homework.

After they were done, Harry took them to see Master Lin, who in turn, took them to see the greenhouses.

Neville was entranced, and was going from plant to plant talking about the ones he knew and asking about the ones he didn’t.

While he was doing that, and Daniel was looking at everything else, Harry told Master Lin about Neville and his wand.

“Hmm, it sounds like he doesn’t have a wand that is attuned to him. Don’t worry; I’ll bring this to the attention of Professor Sprout since she is your head of house.”

With that over with, Master Lin led them through his herb and potions lessons, ending just in time to head to dinner.

After dinner, they headed out to explore before curfew, and just as they came back, a prefect told them that it was time for their Astronomy practical with Slytherin, and led them to the astronomy tower.

Harry again helped Daniel and Neville with this, since he had been studying it for a few years now.

The next day started off with a study hall for those who had been up late with astronomy class. Harry decided to use the time to go and meditate in the garden, coming in only for lunch and then Defense class with Ravenclaw.

Once in there, he found his scar hurt for the first time that he could remember. He activated his glasses, and there again was the other form in the turban.

After dinner, Harry begged off on exploring and headed to see Master Lin, telling him what he had found.

Master Lin told him that it could be nothing or it could be a ghoul or something like that. He had also noticed that Professor Quirrel stayed away from him like he had the plague.

He told him that his thoughts on Neville’s wand had been brought up to Professor Sprout, but when she had brought them up to the headmaster, he had told her he would take care of it, something he thought would not happen.

If it continued, he would, again, go to Professor Sprout and from there to Professor McGonagall since she was the deputy headmistress.

Harry agreed with him and then headed off to bed before curfew could catch him.

The next day was an easy day for Neville, in that there were no wanded subjects. First period was history with Slytherin, and then a study hall where they caught up on their homework.

Lunch soon followed, with Herbology in the afternoon with Gryffindor.

In Herbology, Harry let Neville shine and was soon learning about some of the magical plants that Master Lin had not covered.

After class was over, Harry and Neville headed off to see Master Lin while Daniel headed off to explore some more.

When Master Lin asked Harry about how his other classes were going, Harry remembered that he was supposed to also be going over the things Master Edwards was teaching him, and headed off to study, while planning to practice his martial arts after dinner in the meditation garden.

Thursday’s were Charms with Gryffindor and then the regular astronomy class with Slytherin, with Harry again watching as Neville fought with his wand, this time he was going to do something about it. So saying, he summoned Professor Flitwick over to their desk area and had him watch as Neville tried to get the spell to work.

“My goodness, this isn’t right.” He said, and then ordered Neville to “come by after dinner so that they could discuss this with your head of house.”

Harry later found out that Professor Sprout had gone over the headmaster’s head and had summoned Mrs. Longbottom herself and saw to it that SHE watched as Neville tried to do the simple spell. When she tried to pass it off as his not being able to do magic very well and not living up to her families expectations, Professor Sprout came in with a rebuttal and told her that Neville was doing wonderfully in his other classes and it was just his wanded subjects he was having a problem, and THAT problem was his wand.

The headmaster tried to mediate between the two women, but Professor Sprout was like a mother bear protecting he cub.

Finally, it came out, the wand actually belonged to her son and “Neville is living up to his father by using it” she claimed.

Professor McGonagall told her that Neville would never reach his full potential if he continued to use his father’s wand, that; “If you wish to see him excel in the wanded subjects you are going to have to get him his own wand.”

And that was the end of that, Mrs. Longbottom finally gave in and told them that she would take Neville to Olivander’s over the weekend, and, after making sure her dignity was intact, she left Professor Flitwick’s classroom.

Potions were the disaster that Harry had thought it would be. Even when Harry showed that he knew the answers to his questions he was docked points, and when he brewed his potion perfectly, the potion was dropped and he was given a zero for the class.

By the time class was over, Harry was fuming. ‘Now,’ he thought to himself, ‘is the time to use some of the power I have.’

He headed off to his dorm room and took his goblin post box from his trunk, he quickly wrote down everything that had happened in class and then sent it to Pickax with a copy going to Master Edwards.

He was thankful that he had a study hall after lunch and, taking his rattan sword with him, headed off to the garden to work out his anger.

Over the weekend, Harry went to see Master Edwards, while Neville headed to Master Lin; both looking to learn something from the teachers.

“I read your letter Harry, are you sure this is the road you wish to take?” Asked Master Edwards.

Harry nodded as he put down his runic homework.

Master Edwards nodded in return, and then sat back with his pipe while he thought.

“Pickax has already made an appointment with myself and Master Lin about the potions class, if need be, Master Lin will bring you in as his apprentice so that you will have a buffer against the man.”

Harry looked up at him and smiled.

“Our appointment with the Board of Governors is Monday and I think it would be a good idea if you were there as well, with a pensive.”

Harry grinned at that.

“Good, now that that is out of the way we can get back to class.”

&&&&&

Monday came fast and, with it, the headmaster, who tried to get Harry to change his mind and work things out with Professor Snape, something Harry was in no mind to do.

Professor Snape was surlier than ever over the thoughts that the boy DARED to bring him before the Board.

Neville watched as Harry dressed in his dress robes which had his family crest on it, he also watched as Harry removed the invisibility charm that had been on his Heir’s ring, showing it to the entire world.

“Are you sure you want to do this Harry? I mean, if you do and they vote against you Professor Snape will go to town on you and make you life a living hell.” Neville said quietly.

Harry looked at him and then; “I made a vow that no one would bully me ever again, and that is a vow I intend to keep even if means Snape will try to make my life hell or if I have to leave school and use tutors instead.”

Neville nodded since he knew that would be the answer he would get, he knew, however, and that he had tried to talk his friend out of it.

&&&&&

The meeting with the Board went as Harry thought it would when he got a good look at who was on it.

Malfoy reigned supreme here as well as the Wizengamot, and HE said the he could see no problem.

Malfoy thought he had finally gotten the best of the boy, when the Board was surprised to see Master Lin give Harry his Apprenticeship with them watching in horror as Master Lin told them that he would publicly tell the world about Potion Master Snape’s actions over his apprentice; the famous Boy-Who-Lived.

The tables had been turned on both Malfoy and Snape as the Board collapsed around them at that.

Professor Snape was put on warning and Harry’s potion lessons would be turned over to Master Lin. When Harry asked if Neville could also take lessons with him, Augusta Longbottom said yes, she would not be subjecting her grandson to a bully such as Snape.

This led to further warning from the board before the meeting was adjourned.

&&&&&

Snape was in a foul mood when he returned to school, and he showed it by giving detention to the first non Slytherin he came across.

He added to that by taking points on everyone not Slytherin he came across until he had gone to far and McGonagall confronted him with his points, showing him the 1,000 points he had taken off everyone and especially Gryffindor and Hufflepuff. She told him that she was returning those points and rescinding the detentions, she also told him that if he did this again she would bring him before the Board herself.

They both stormed off after this, with Snape heading down to the dungeon and McGonagall to her office.

&&&&&

Neville was waiting on Harry when he got back. He watched as Harry took off his robes and rehid his ring.

“Well?” he asked.

“Snape was put on notice, he was also warned not to punish me over this and to stay away as much as possible, he was also told that I was to be taught by Master Lin instead of himself when Master Lin made me his apprentice in front of everyone there.

Master Lin told them that if they voted the way Malfoy wanted, he would go to the international press over it. They caved in fast after that.”

Neville grimaced over the thought of taking Snape’s class without Harry there to help him.

“Oh, that reminds me, Neville your grandmother wants you to take your potions and history classes with me as well. This will get you away from Snape so you can go for your Herbology degree when you graduate from here.”

It took a moment for it to get through Neville’s brain, but when it did; he whooped and danced in front of Harry before giving him a hug.

Harry grinned, and after Neville had calmed down he told him; “We will be taking the classes at the same time our class is taking theirs so we won’t get behind. Master Lin also wants me to actually do my homework for Master Edwards.”

Neville looked at Harry, and Harry clarified; “Master Edwards has been teaching me runes as well as Aikido, while Master Lin has been teaching me herbs, potions, and history as well as Tai-Chi.”

“What is Tai-Chi?” Neville asked.

“It’s a type of martial arts as well as a way to meditate.”

“You learn this from Master Lin?”

Harry nodded.

“Do you think he would teach me as well?”

Harry grinned and nodded his head, “Yeah, I’ll even help you there since I’ve been learning it for over 3 years now.”

“I practice in the mornings after I exercise, but we can do yours in the afternoons after class and before dinner.”

Neville nodded and grinned at Harry.

&&&&&

Daniel was put out about their schooling arrangements since it meant he would be left alone with Snape and with Binns. Harry reminded him that he had History and Potions with Ravenclaw’s so he could get help with Hermione.

Daniel still sulked through the rest of the week.

&&&&&

Neville was excited over his upcoming lessons with Master Lin.

He had been coming in in the evenings so that he could work on his Tai-Chi (which was harder than it looked) and he watched Harry go through his own Kata’s and sword work.

Neville knew that they would be holding his history lessons in the meditation garden as well as his herb lessons, but the potions class was held on the 4th floor by the Ravenclaw entrance.

Neville’s first class outside of Tai-Chi, was history. Harry told him to leave his book behind, that Master Lin would be teaching them out of his own books, and giving them papers to do in the library. Neville just shrugged his shoulders and followed behind Harry.

They arrived at the garden to see Master Lin waiting for them at the entrance, there he led them to a hidden alcove and had them sit down while he talked to them.

He told Neville that he would deliver the notes on his talk to them at the end of class so that they would have something to study. He would then give them homework which would cover what they had discussed and the next lessons would go over what they had read.

Neville grinned at this, ‘this would be so much easier than Binns boring class’ he thought to himself.

They would have history, Wednesday morning and again Monday afternoon, with their work in the greenhouses on Tuesday mornings if they were willing to get up after going to bed late the night before. On Fridays they would be working on Potions, with the mornings doing book and lectures and the afternoon doing the practical.

In the evenings Harry worked on his runes on Monday and then on Tuesday and Thursday he worked on his Aikido with Wednesday’s and Fridays used for his sword work.

Neville decided to learn runes as well, joining Harry in his lessons Saturday morning and working on his Tai-Chi during the rest of the evenings before dinner.

&&&&&

It wasn’t long before the rest of their house’s year wanted in on the deal. Snape had become unbearable to them, he had been taking his anger at Harry out on them and they were fed up.

Harry and Master Lin knew that if they weren’t careful, they would be taking in both the Hufflepuffs and the Gryffindors, and they could not do that at this time, things were to precarious as it was.

Master Lin decided to take the matter by the horns and went to talk to Mrs. Longbottom.

&&&&&

When Master Lin returned, he took Harry and Neville aside and told them that he wished to see them that evening instead of their going off to the garden; he wanted them to come to the headmaster’s office where they would meet with their head of house as well as the headmaster and Neville’s Gran.

The boys were curious now and wanted to know what was going on, only to have Master Lin tell them that they would have to wait.

That evening, the boys headed up to the headmaster’s office finding their head of house waiting for them so that she could take them up to the office.

Once inside the office, they noticed that Neville’s Gran was also there, and all of them were waiting on the boys.

Master Lin had Harry sit, while he bade Neville to stand next to him.

With Harry’s encouragement, Neville stood next to Master Lin and waited, and what he waited for was not what he had thought when they had first come up to the office. Master Lin was asking his Gran if he could take on he, Neville, to become his apprentice.

Neville was excited, Master Lin was well know in the healing community for his works on plants and potions and to be apprenticed to him would boost his job offers later on when he had graduated.

Mrs. Longbottom looked at her grandson and saw the excitement in his eyes, and knowing she was making the right choice, gave her permission for the apprenticeship.

Neville tried to keep his excitement from getting out of hand as Master Lin asked Harry if he would mind if Neville joined him in his apprenticeship, Harry answered that he had no problems with it, and then finally, the words he was waiting to hear, Master Lin asked him if he wished to join him as an apprentice.

Neville tried so hard to sound calm and collected, but his voice chose that moment to crack on the yes.

Laughter was hear around the room as Mrs. Longbottom formally gave up guardianship of Neville into Master Lin’s hands, saying that she would have his things packed up and waiting for him to bring them to Hogwarts until the end of the school year where he would take them elsewhere for the holiday break.

Master Lin bowed to her and shooed the boys out of the office so that they could get the paperwork done.

Master Lin knew that this would lay to rest the others wishing to join the boys in their lessons. He was only going to have them open for his apprentices.

&&&&&

Dumbledore rested his head on his hands after everyone had left his office. Now, not only had he lost control of Harry, but he had also lost control of the other prophecy child as well.

His plans for Harry were not working either, Harry had not taken any of the hints he had laid out and the only reason he knew Harry knew anything was going on was the fact that he had had a meeting with Master Lin over Harry’s discomfort when in Quirrel’s classroom.

Without him being in Gryffindor, Dumbledore had no control over him, and with him being in Hufflepuff, he had a strong advocate in his defense even if he hadn’t had Master Lin.

It looked as though he would have to take care of Quirrel himself.

&&&&&

Word came the following morning that not only was Harry Master Lin’s apprentice, but Neville had become one as well with Master Lin telling everyone that the lessons he gave to his apprentices was for them only, he was sorry about the others who wished to join, but he was taking no more apprentices at that time.

There was a groans over that as many had made plans to beg him to teach them.

Many still went up to him for tutoring however, which he had to turn down due to other commitments.

&&&&&

Snape was angry, this meant yet another person he could not go after to get to the brat Potter, and McGonagall was looking over his shoulder to much for him to take it out on the others in his class or even Gryffindor’s. It was getting so bad; he was having a hard time protecting his Slytherins.

He felt the noose getting tighter and tighter as to his teaching abilities, if this continued, he would lose control of the pro Voldemort group that kept him at the school, and if he lost that he would be hard looking for work since he could very well be blacklisted.

He decided that he had best lay low for now and talk to Dumbledore about his inability to teach properly.

&&&&&

With Neville becoming his apprentice, things had to change. Oh, not where he was staying, since Master Lin wanted him to be with his house and to make friends. No, Neville would have to start to adhere to Harry’s schedule. This meant he had to get up early in the morning and do PT and then his Tai-Chi, and then, after a shower, he was to go to his classes and do his best. Master Lin would be checking up on him everyday to make sure.

When Neville worried about the fact he wasn’t among the best in each of his classes, Master Lin told him not to worry, that “As long as you are trying your best that is all I can ask of you.”

Neville was relieved at this even knowing that he would get tutoring in his all of his wanded classes.

On the Saturday he would still get up early and do his PT, but after breakfast he would be going with Harry for his rune lessons. In the afternoon, he would get tutoring in his wanded subjects.

On Sunday’s they had the morning off and could sleep in. After breakfast, Harry would head down for his lessons and Neville would work in the greenhouses with Master Lin.

&&&&&

As October came to an end and Halloween came upon them, Neville could see a change in himself. Where before he was pudgy, he was now losing his baby fat and gaining muscle. Oh not much and not as fast as he would like, but it was still happening.

Harry was also gaining in height and muscle, as he kept to his rigorous schedule. He still looked like a gymnast, but now his muscles were more defined.

On the weekends he now did gymnastics as well as his martial arts and rune work. Master Edwards and Master Lin both wanted him to be as flexible as possible so that he could easily move about in a fight.

Master Lin had Neville work on weights in the evenings, while Harry worked on his sword and Aikido, so that he could lose more of the baby fat and gain lifting power.

Neville would never be the slim gymnast/runner that Harry was so they would work on giving him another sort of power while working on his endurance.

Master Lin had arranged for a weight set and treadmills for both Neville and Harry so that they could continue to work out even when it was snowing outside.

As they got older, he would change things so that they would be running even in the snow.

When he had asked if there was something they could use as a swimming pool, Dumbledore had offered to enlarge one of the prefect bathrooms. When Master Lin stated that a bathtub would be too small for what he needed, Dumbledore just smiled and motioned him to follow.

Near the Hufflepuff entrance, he turned and opened a door that Master Lin had never seen before.

Inside was a large area that could indeed be used as a swimming pool, even if it wasn’t Olympic sized, at least they could get some swim work in.

Now they could add swimming to their weekend evenings.

&&&&&

Neville and Harry joined Hermione as they headed to the great hall. Hermione had been having a good year so far and was happy in her choice of houses.

She had heard that Harry and Neville were taking lessons in runes and was currently begging them for her to join, something they were having a hard time doing since the lessons were with Master Edward and not Master Lin. They had finally given up and Harry promised to help her learn in his free time. Mind you his free time was after curfew, but what she didn’t know could hurt him…yet.

He had already talked to Master Edwards about this and was told that he would give Hermione a list of the books they had used over the years and it would be on her to learn with only a little help from him in the way of correspondence.

Harry had already gotten the books for her and was waiting on the right moment to give them to her.

They had separated at the tables with each going to their chosen spots, and were halfway through dinner when Quirrel came rushing into the room screaming that there was a troll in the dungeon.

Panic reigned for a moment, until Dumbledore shot fireworks into the air, he then told everyone not to panic and to head to the common rooms.

Harry felt that was dumb since both Hufflepuff and Slytherin were in the dungeons.

He looked at Master Lin, who nodded his head that he would help guide the students down to their common rooms.

Master Lin leaned over to talk with Dumbledore about the problem, and Dumbledore had Hagrid lead the Slytherins down to their rooms while he helped lead the Hufflepuffs to theirs.

Just as they entered the dungeon a smell wafted through the air, and then they heard a large crash as the troll turned the corner.

Everyone panicked and it was all the prefects and Master Lin could do to keep them from running away from the common room and safety.

Master Lin used his wand as well as his hand to shoot at the troll and drive it away while the students were herded into the common room and to safety, and where they could hear the battle outside their doors.

The prefects had everyone head towards their dorms for added safety since there was no way the troll could fit in the common room let as well the dorms.

Outside the common room, Master Lin was joined by Dumbledore and Professor Sprout before finally defeating the troll, capturing it for the authorities upon Dumbledore’s orders.

After the troll was taken away, the adults headed into the Hufflepuff common room and summoned everyone who had been hiding so that they could calm them down.

“The next day is Saturday,” Dumbledore told everyone, “therefore they would hold another party to celebrate both Halloween AND the defeat of the troll.” This, along with dessert, helped relax the students and soon everyone was off to bed.

&&&&&

The next day, Harry and Neville got up and, after changing into their sweats, headed out of the common room to the weight room, there, they met up with Master Lin and headed in to do their Saturday workout.

When they were through, they headed back to their common room and from there to their dorm and then the shower.

They came back to their common room in their off school clothes and headed out to breakfast.

They had a feeling that something was wrong when they noticed that the teachers who were there were pensive about something.

They thought it may be just the attack that happened the night before, but something told them that there was more to it.

Very few teachers actually showed up that morning and Harry and Neville headed off to runes and then their separate studies.

That evening things were buzzing as everyone prepared for their second Halloween party, Harry and Neville were among the first to see that the teachers were worried about something, and their thoughts were proven right when Dumbledore stood up.

Everyone at first though he was going to give a speech, only to have him tell them that Quirrel had been found dead that morning and that they were looking for another teacher for the defense class.

He further told them that it seemed that Quirrel had finally succumbed to dementia and had let the troll in. A troll, which, thankfully, had caused no harm to befall the students or the faculty.

The room buzzed with people talking about the fact that they had seen DMLE officials as well as Ministry officials around the school that day, and that now they knew what had happened.

Harry and Neville just shrugged and continued to enjoy the feast.

&&&&&

Sunday was the day Harry and Neville could sleep in and they were enjoying every minute of it. When they finally came down for brunch they heard several of their classmates talking about the new defense teacher, a retired Auror named Jacobson.

Word had gotten out that Jacobson would be giving test all this coming week so that he could see where everyone was and to adapt his teaching accordingly.

No one was ready for a test and therefore everyone was scrambling to study, while Harry and Neville headed off to their studies with their teachers.

&&&&&

By the time Tuesday afternoon came, the school had somewhat calmed down as those who had already had the class told everyone that the test was not part of their grade, that it was only for his information.

Harry had brought the runes books for Hermione, who gleefully took them and promised that she would be sending her work to Master Edwards so that he can see how well she was doing.

Harry just sighed at Hermione being Hermione.

When they entered the room, they could tell the difference immediately, there was a refreshing smell in there as opposed to the cloying smell of garlic, and the room seemed to be brighter as well with the darkened corners receiving the light of the windows.

The Ravenclaw’s were still a bit worried about the test and had continued to study even though they had been told not to worry.

With the extra tutoring Neville had gotten and the studies Harry had gotten over the last two years, they found the test to be very easy, one they could have almost done in their sleep.

Hermione was bouncing out of the class with them excitedly telling them how well she thought she had done on the test.

From there, Hermione headed to the library while Harry and Neville headed to the garden to work out and then relax and meditate.

&&&&&

By the time the holidays had arrived, the 3rd floor corridor had been cleared and everyone was told it was safe to go there again, so of course everyone headed up there to see if they could find out what had been so dangerous.

Everyone thought the newest joke on the Slytherins was hilarious; the twins had somehow managed to make them start to spout poetry upon entering the great hall, with Malfoy singing his at the top of his voice.

Everyone knew this was in retaliation to Draco getting their brother Ron in trouble, again.

Harry just shook his head and knew that sooner or later the tables would be turned on the twins and they would find themselves at the mercy of their victims.

He whispered his thought to Neville, who been studying Wiccan magic with Harry, and Neville could only agree that the Three Fold Rule would get them sooner or later.

While everyone had a good laugh at the twin’s victims there was always the thought of having dodged the bullet where that was concerned.

As far has Harry was concerned they were nothing but bully’s who acted just like his father and his father’s friends had, and looked at what THAT had gotten them. A son who’s father’s victim had tried to make his life a living hell.

Oh Harry knew that Malfoy was receiving karma for his actions, but he thought it wrong that the whole Slytherin house was punished for his crimes.

He looked at Master Lin, who only shook his head at them, before heading down to tell them to hit the weight room to work out that evening.

Master Lin helped them work through their thoughts on the battles between Gryffindor and Slytherin and then sent them off to bed.

&&&&&

Everyone was excited to leave, Harry and Neville among them.

Neville was excited to actually go and study at a Coven, where they practiced wandless magic. Oh he had seen Harry and Master Lin, as well as Master Edwards, do some, but to actually be there, were special. He knew that they would be celebrating Solstice, and after that Neville would be going to his grandmother’s manor to spend Christmas with the family.

He would return to the Coven on boxing day for the rest of the holiday.

&&&&&

While the children were off with one of the Coven members, Master Lin and Master Edwards got together to discuss them.

“We need to let up on them, especially Harry, I don’t want either of them to burn out and Harry is close to that I think.” Master Lin said.

Master Edwards agreed, “I’ve been thinking about that and I started to reschedule several of my other commitments. I think I can teach them Runes Tuesday evening, with Harry’s sword work on Wednesday and his Aikido work on Friday. That should give him some time to relax a bit and have nothing to do over the weekends except his usual PT and maybe some weight training and swimming.”

Master Lin nodded, “I can cut one of the history lessons so that they only have one for 2 hours on Wednesday, I would have them work on the greenhouse on Tuesday mornings, and keep potions on Friday. That still allows them to have Thursday evening and most of the weekends free.”

Master Edwards laughed, “You know, Harry will have no idea what to do on his hours off.”

They both laughed at that.

&&&&&

Harry was shocked and then pleased with his schedule changes, now he had time to read his favorite books, or even find new books to read. He could go out and really explore the castle like he had wanted to as well. It was pretty sad that they had been in the castle the same amount of time as their roommate and yet didn’t know the castle nearly as well. Maybe he would go out and play in the snow too.

&&&&&

Neville was still bouncing when they got to the train, he couldn’t believe he had actually managed to get a non wanded spell done right. ‘Gran would be so pleased.’ he thought to himself.

They met up with Hermione in the end compartment with Hermione showing off her new earrings. “My mother finally let me pierce my ears!” She exclaimed in a happy voice.

Harry and Neville grinned at her, happy that she had gotten something she had really wanted.

Neville bounced in his seat; “I got to do some wandless magic!”

That got Hermione’s attention fast, and she leaned towards them, “Really? Were did you go and what did you do?” She asked them.

“I got to do a levitation charm and then helped light the Solstice bonfire.” He told her, while Harry just leaned back smiling.

“Harry did some other stuff, but he also helped light the fire.”

Hermione looked over at Harry with a look that said ‘well common tell me what you did.’

Harry shrugged, “I worked on some of my Earth Magic and was in the sweat lodge for most of the rest.”

At Hermione’s demand for more information, Harry shrugged again; “I worked on my forging a bit, laying runes and stuff while I worked.”

He pulled out a knife to show her.

The knife was a dark black color with red highlights and had several runes that seemed to be actually a part of it as opposed to carved into it, it was of medium length with a black handle.

“I’m going to use this with my antham.” he told her.

“What antham?” She asked.

I have a small alter set that I use for prayers and to do certain ceremonies to. Neville got one as a Solstice gift.”

Neville nodded at this.

“I didn’t know you were Pagan,” she told them.

Harry shrugged, “I’ve been practicing for several years now. I’ve been told that when I get old enough, they will be pulling me out of school to celebrate the Spring and Fall Equinox as well as May Day and Beltane. the same goes for Neville.”

Neville blushed over this; he had been told what happened on those days.

Hermione just looked at them for a moment, and then decided that she would look up those days to see what was so important to them and why Neville was blushing.

She knew why they celebrated the Equinoxes, and she had heard of May Day, but couldn’t see why Neville was blushing.

They soon arrived at Hogwarts and Hermione watched as the boys put on their robes and cloaks. On the cloaks was a strange crest of a white mountain with a large red house below it.

“What’s that?” She asked them.

“It’s the symbol we wear to show that we serve Master Lin’s house.” Neville told her.

Holding the cloaks together were cloak pins which she assumed, correctly, that it showed the family house that they belonged to since each was different, and she recognized Harry’s.

They headed off to the carriages with a stop for Harry to pat something she could not see. She could tell something was there at the front of the carriage, but not what it was. “You mean there really is something pulling the carriage?” She asked.

Harry put her hand on the Thestral, letting her feel the leathery skin and wings.”

“It’s called a Thestral, and is generally invisible to those who do not know death.

“Like you,” She stated.

Harry shrugged, “I can see it because of the training I have received over the years.” he told her, there was no way he was going to let her know that he could see them because of his glasses.

Neville knew that there were some things Harry could see that he could not, but he was told he would learn about that when he finally learned to block his mind from others.

Malfoy had been ignoring them ever since Harry’s apprenticeship had been announced. Master Lin was a well know Earth Mage and neither his father nor he, wanted to mess with that right now, so he went after his favorite pigeon…Ron.

They had gotten into a fight which he (along with his friends Crabb and Goyle) had won, only to have Ron’s older brothers Fred and George get into it using their magic.

He still looked like a circus clown, which Snape quickly saw and, after finding out that the twins had done it, had deducted 50 points each , along with detention with him, and forced them to return him back to normal.

Neville had been following the diet his Master had given him and was very happy with the results. Combined with his workouts and PT, he had finally lost the baby fat that had plagued him for many years and had started to gain muscle, he was in no way equal to Harry yet, and he knew that realistically, he would never have the same trim body Harry had, but he had been told that his body was meant for more power in it, where Harry had more power in his magic.

&&&&&

It didn’t take long before they got back into their routine, with Harry enjoying his new found freedom, his Masters had been correct in that he had been approaching burnout and it had taken the full holiday weeks to center himself back to where he needed to be.

Between his Earth Magic lessons and the things he was working on at the Coven and the continuation of his lessons here, he knew it wouldn’t be long until he could find his totem and after that his changeling form.

The changeling forms were different than the wanded magical’s Animagus forms, theirs was forced on the animal they were changing into as well as forcing themselves to change, while the Earth Mages methods flowed because the two were united.

Harry still didn’t know if he should register or not when he did achieve his form, and when he had asked his Master, he had been told that he would take care of it when the time came.

Harry could only let it go at that point.

&&&&&

With the end of January came the first Quidditch match for Hufflepuff when they went against Ravenclaw.

Hufflepuff won, but only because Cedric had caught the snitch against Ravenclaw’s neophyte Seeker, Cho Chang.

The Ravenclaw team itself was formidable and people were already looking forward to them taking on Slytherin.

Gryffindor was at the bottom again with their Seeker, a 2nd year by the name Brook James, not being up to the task against Slytherin’s Seeker.

The party in Hufflepuff lasted well into the night, with Cedric being toasted more than once, and their captain plotting with the rest of the team about how to change things in time for their match against Slytherin which was coming up.

&&&&&

March came, and with it news that Ron Weasley and his friends had lost 50 points each by being out after curfew. Making it 150 points that they had lost total between the three of them.

Everyone else was amused to find that Draco had also been out after curfew and had received the same punishment, with all four having to do their detention with Filch.

Rumor had it that the three Gryffindor’s had been helping Hagrid get rid of a dragon that Hagrid had been trying to raise, but no one really believed that one, after all, who in their right mind would try to raise a dragon? And even if they did try, there was no one stupid enough to try and raise one in a wooden hut like Hagrid had.

&&&&&

The rest of the year passed quickly for Harry, Slytherin had beat out Ravenclaw, making them 2-0 with Hufflepuff beating Gryffindor by a wide margin, making their team 2-0 as well.

Now it was time for the match with Slytherin and everyone was on tender hooks.

Hufflepuff had a strong defense in their keeper Anthony Hook and Slytherin had a hard time scoring on him even with their cheating.

In fact, they kept getting caught when they cheated, and Hufflepuff was ahead on points through their own offense as well as the points they made in penalty shots.

Neville looked at Harry; “did you have something to do with this?” He asked quietly so that no one could overhear.

Harry looked at him, and then his eyes went back to the game; “I just made it so that both teams would get caught when they cheated.” he said. “That would make it fair since it was on both teams. It’s not my fault that Hufflepuff doesn’t cheat.”

Harry had a small grin on his face and Neville chuckled.

Hufflepuff won in a blowout with a score of 450 - 50.

Slytherin slunk off to sulk and to be berated by their captain, while Hufflepuff had the other houses cheering them over their win.

There was a massive party in Hufflepuff that night, and it took Professor Sprout coming in to get everyone to bed.

&&&&&

The end of the school year came and it was time for the leaving feast and the awarding of the house cup.

Ravenclaw had come in first place with Hufflepuff in second. Slytherin had come in third due to McGonagall watching over Snape’s point system, and Gryffindor came in last

There were more celebrations over the fact that Slytherin had lost the house cup for the first time in years, and had, in fact, come in third.

People were cheering when the cup was announced and a feeling of a job well done was had by both Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff (who had come in last the year before)

&&&&&

The train ride home was uneventful as the Slytherin’s were still licking their paws. Malfoy had again tried to get the best of Gryffindor over the fact that while Slytherin had come in third; Gryffindor had still come in last.

When he tried to take on Ron again with his bodyguards, Ron and his friends beaten them to a pulp showing that brawn didn’t always win.

At the station, Hermione bid the two goodbye and headed over to her parents, while Harry and Neville were met by Mistress McKay.

They would be staying there for the summer while Master Lin went to America for the potions convention (were he was the main speaker) and Master Edwards headed off to Japan to compete in an Aikido competition.

School was out and they had the whole summer to themselves where they would hike and camp, as well as swim in a lake and horseback ride.

&&&&&

End Chapter Two:

z88;

z88;

z88;