Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


A hatch opens across the roof and the freight elevator rises up. Jo opens the door, looking around with a nod, heading immediately over to where we're standing by the grill. Buck, loaded down with bags, follows her with Ryan's hand on his arm leading him. He's soon divested of his bags and looks around as I take the canopy down as the others come up in the other elevator.


9th Jack and Immortal Doctor are holding their sons in their arms, baby Ianto napping in his snuggli on Immortal Jack's chest. Eureka Jack is checking his watch, he doesn't want to be late picking the kids up at school.


“You can let them down guys, there's a plastisteel wall around the roof, the railing is the top, they won't fall over.” Greta raps the nearly invisible wall with her knuckles. 9th Jack smiles, letting his son down to crawl around, a baby gate separating the kitchen area so he doesn't get underfoot. He remembers William and Vic crawling around on the roof during one of the cookouts. The Immortal Doctor immediately comes over to the railing, crouching down to touch the wall and pulling on his glasses to investigate it more closely. Xander squirms in his arms and he absently lets him down, telling him not to wander.


He squeals and babbles excitedly when he sees Jackson crawling around, a pair of hands lifting him over the baby gate so he can run over to the baby. The parents on the roof smile, a camera appears out of nowhere and pictures are taken.


Eureka Jack hurries off an hour later to pick up the kids, his Doctor is in the middle of a conversation with the others, he merely waves a hand when Jack says he's going to pick up the kids. Rolling his eyes in amusement, he steps into the elevator and pushes the lever all the way down to go to the bottom floor.


He pulls up in front of the school ten minutes later; Owen, Toshiko, and Ianto walking out the door and getting in the car.


“Have a good day?” he asks idly, pulling into traffic.


“No.” Owen says grumpily. He looks in the rearview mirror and checks on the others as they pull up at their house. Ianto and Toshiko run into the house, pausing to greet Myfanwy and Jack turns to look at Owen, who's still sitting in the front seat.


“Okay,” Jack puts an arm around Owen. “Tell me what's got you so upset?”


“We were teamed up today in class for a special assignment.” Owen looks over at Jack. “They teamed me up with a . . . a . . . a girl!!!!


Jack bites his lip, he absolutely must not laugh.


“Owen, your sister Toshiko is a girl.” he finally says.


Owen gives him a 'duh' look he got plenty of times from the adult Owen. “I know that da,” he says with the barest hint of his original accent. “But Tosh is my sister, this is a girl.”


“And I take it you don't like girls?” Jack asks, his lips twitching.


“Not this one, GAH!” Owen shudders. “Da, do you mind if I turn out to be gay like you and Daddy?”


“I'm bi-sexual Owen, I like both girls and boys.” Jack says. “I'm not quite sure what your Daddy the Doctor is. . .”


“Because he's alien?” Owen asks.


“Because he's the Doctor.” Jack chuckles. “From what I understand, his race didn't really have a sex drive like us 'dumb apes.'”


“Where is Daddy? I thought he'd be outside by now wondering what's keeping us?” Owen and Jack get out, Owen looking around. His Daddy the Doctor is usually waiting for them when they get home, asking how school had been.


“Do you remember hearing about visitors in town a couple of days ago?” Jack asks him as he opens the refrigerator door. He shakes his head at the contents. “Go get your brother and sister, we're going to go eat out, there was some excitement earlier today and I forgot to get groceries.”


“Yan, Tosh, wash your face and hands, Da forgot to get food, we're eating out.” Owen yells as he runs out of the room. Jack shakes his head and laughs, picking up the phone and calling the store to have groceries delivered while they're out. Hanging up, he picks up the phone again, dialing his husband.


“The Doctor.” the Eureka Doctor says absently, answering his phone.


“Me,” Jack says on the other end. “I forgot to get groceries, so I'm taking the kids out to eat. Do you want us to pick you up on the way?”


The Doctor checks his watch, “Good Heavens, I didn't know it was getting that late. Yes, please.”


“Da, can we stop at the library? I'd like something new to read.” Tosh asks, coming down the stairs.



“What about you boys?” Jack asks. His sons nod. “Okay, we'll stop on the way. If you have books to take back, grab them now. We're going to be stopping to pick up your Daddy, so the three of you are going to have to get in the back.”


They crawl in the back of the car, waving and calling out to Horatio and Ryan in their back yard as they pull out. Pulling up in front of Beverly's Guest House, the children looking up at the bus in awe. He beeps the horn, looking up he sees somebody look over the railing and wave, a couple minutes later the bus door opens and the Doctor comes out the door. He kisses Jack and hugs the kids before getting in the car, waving to the figure leaning over the railing as they pull out of the driveway.


“We're stopping at the library before we eat, is that okay Doc?” Jack asks as they park.


“That's perfect Jack, there's a couple of things I need to check, it will spare me a trip tomorrow.”


They separate when they enter the building, the Doctor rolling his eyes when he comes to the counter twenty minutes later to find the kids giggling as Jack flirts with one of the women behind the counter.


“Jack, must you?” he asks with a sigh.