Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


We finally clean everything up an hour later, the few leftovers being put in the refrigerator and empty bowls taken down in the freight elevator to Beverly's kitchen. I'm not surprised when the three Doctors who haven't been on the bus before follow me down to the tv and movies library on the bottom floor.


“Doc, Jack, your trackers should be in your old room here, touch them to the computer screen to have them updated.” Jack nods and heads for their old room, not at all surprised to see the TARDIS parked against the wall. He pets her as he passes, hearing her purr in his mind as he picks up their trackers, his a tasteful silver cuff he slips onto his other wrist, the Doctor's a small screen. He taps them against the computer screen on the wall by the door and watches as information quickly scrolls down the screen. He hands the Doctor's to him as he walks past, he slides it in his pocket without pausing in his conversation with the others.


I smirk as Daniel looks at me. “Yes Daniel, you can look in the library. And in the unlikely event that you do go through alllllll the books in there, there's about fifteen more on the bus.” Daniel whimpers. “Don't read all night, there's guest rooms down the left hand hallway, if the door is open, it's free.” I head for the door of the bus. “Hey Buck, Daniel found the library here.” I call at his back.


He turns and waves. “I'll let Jo know not to expect him to come back inside tonight.”


I snort. “Tonight? We're talking Daniel and books.” Buck cackles and heads inside.


“Daniel, not kidding about you not staying up all night reading. Go to bed at a decent hour.” I call over my shoulder, petting the three TARDISES still in the coach section as I shut up the bus for the night. The shield around the bus powers up, Buck smirks as he sees the bus glowing slightly through the kitchen window as he gets a glass of water before heading up to his bedroom and the television he saw earlier.


I head into my room, Cream running in front of me and the door opening thanks to the remote on his collar. Peaches looks up from her spot on my pillow and the dogs lift their heads from their spots on the rug in front of the fireplace. Like the cats, Sugar and Spice have remotes on their collars to open doors, in their case to the garden where they can run and relieve themselves. I give the other critters pets as I walk past them, heading for the bathroom to soak in a hot tub with lots of bubbles. If I'm needed, they'll come and find me.


The 4th and 8th Doctor stare at the dvd sets when they appear, the 9th Doctor and Jack picking them up and leading the other three men to the theater. They find Greta in the back row, a bag of microwave popcorn in front of her. She looks up from tossing kernels in the air and catching them in her mouth as the door opens. “Wondered how long it would take you guys to come in.” She grabs some of the dvds and puts them on the table in front of the screen. “Remember how you operate the player?”


“We're not kicking you out, are we?” the Immortal Doctor asks.


“Nah, there's five or six of these rooms. Plus the bedrooms have tv screens.” Greta lifts a hand and her dvds fly through the air landing in a neat pile on the seat beside her. “I'm just staying close to drag Daniel off to bed in a few hours, when a bookgeek finds a new library they tend to forget things. . .like eating, sleeping, bathing.”


“The others?”


“Josette's probably soaking in her tub,” the others nod in understanding, remembering the hours Josette had spent soaking in a bathtub, hot tub, or the pool when she'd been with them, “Petting whichever critter comes close or reading a book. Everybody else headed to the guest house for the night, I heard Josette tell Buck Daniel would be over here tonight.”


Jack starts the first of the first Doctor dvds going, the 9th Doctor telling the others the back story of the Doctor Who series and that not all of the episodes were saved. Greta starts yawning and blinking after a few episodes, she looks at her watch and sees it's nearly three in the morning. Standing up, she heads towards the door. The Immortal Doctor looks over. “Sorry to interrupt, it's nearly three in the morning, I'm heading to bed.” Immortal Jack looks at his watch and nods, suddenly stifling a huge yawn. “Yeah, maybe I should go lay down for a few hours myself.” He looks over at his Doctor who sighs at the puppy dog eyes look. The 9th Doctor chuckles, his Jack mock glares at him. “You give me that look just as much Jack. We have plenty of time from what I understood of the scroll, we can get back to these. Greta, would it be okay to leave these here?”


“Yeah, it's not like anybody 's going to be coming in and disturbing it like during the road trip. I'll put a note on the door saying you're 'doing research' and to use another room if they need to watch something. The seats in the bus have screens where you can watch movies and like I said, every bedroom has screens.”


“Doc, are you okay?” Immortal Jack asks his Doctor as they exit the theater. Greta moves to the keypad by the door, typing in something and the screen in the middle of the door lights up as 'in use'.


“I don't know Jack, it's . . disturbing to see somebody but me on the screen in adventures I had.”


The 9th Doctor snorts. “I felt the same way when I first saw the adventures I had after the Game Station and you looked back at me from the screen. I was a little unnerved to say the least.” Immortal Doctor looks a little gratified to hear he's not alone.


Greta throws an arm over each man. “Word of warning then, the episode the Five Doctors? The actor that played the first Doctor had died, there's another man playing him.”


“Thank you Greta, we'll keep that in mind when we watch it.” The Immortal Doctor watches her walk off. Greta sticks her head in the library and turns the lights off.


“Hey!” Daniel yells.


“Danny, it is nearly three in the morning. Go to bed.” She orders, turning the lights back on. “NOW! Or I'm picking you up, carrying you to a room and locking the door for at least six hours.”


Daniel waves a hand in midair, Greta walks in and takes the book, putting a mark in it before putting it down. His chair is pulled away from the table and Daniel yelps as he's flung over Greta's shoulder and carried out of the room, out into the hall and down the other until he's put on his feet and pushed into an empty room, the door shutting behind him with a hiss as Greta's fingers fly over the keypad again.


“Greta!” Daniel pounds on the door, “Let me out.”


“No.” Greta says “Take a shower and go to bed. There's pajamas that should fit you in the closet, if not sleep in the nude. This door isn't opening for six hours.”


“I'll tell Dad!”


“Go right ahead, he'll agree with me.” Greta smirks as she heads back down the hall, leaving her brother cursing behind her. The door to the library is shut and her fingers fly over the keypad again. Immortal Jack snickers at the 'Mad Anthropologist at work, don't move his books he bites' notation flashing on the screen.