Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


 

A few hours later the teacher calls a break for lunch, telling the girls to finish the test they're working on if they're nearly finished or to leave it until they get back. Josette's legs are starting to shake when she stands up and she's leaning on Sugar as they walk down the hall to the cafeteria. The teachers are looking a little worried as she checks her blood sugar and Greta peels her an orange to eat

 

Josette wipes her mouth and uses the bathroom before going back to the table, Greta pushing a full plate in front of her. "And eat it all."

 

After lunch they finish their tests and walk back to the boarding house, enjoying the fresh air. One of the SUV's pull up and both Jo's are in the front.

 

"Get in, we've got a problem." Visitor Jo says. We get into the back seat, Sugar lying across our feet.

 

"What's the matter?"

 

"Robot of the week running amok through town. Everybody's being urged to get off the street but since we're talking Eureka everybody's being blase about it. Josette, we're dropping you and Sugar off in town to help with the evacuation, Greta you're coming with us to GD since you've got the clearance. One of you reach behind the seat and grab a walkie-talkie so Josette can keep in touch with us. If you see the robot, get your ass to safety and let us know." I duck automatically as Greta throws her arm over my head, snagging a walkie-talkie from the back that she drops into my lap. The SUV pulls up in front of a building and Sugar and I get out, joining Benton Fraser a few steps away.

 

"Miss, you need to get into shelter."

 

"Jo sent me to help you out, I've got a walkie-talkie to keep in contact with her." Benton nods and continues to get people off the street. Since this is Eureka, a rampaging robot doesn't stop many people. Meanwhile in the SUV the three women head to GD, showing their DoD clearance. Going into the a lab, they find Dr. Stark, Sheriff Carter, and Fargo in a lab.

 

"What's the latest?"

 

"We've lost contact with the robot, it's not even showing up on the scanners anymore." Dr. Stark says. He looks over at visitor Jo and cocks an eyebrow. Jo shrugs. "We left Josette and a walkie-talkie with Benton."

 

"Jo, come in."

 

"Yeah, Josette, you see it?"

 

"Yeah, it's . . " I give where I am and the direction it was heading, then look over at Benton from the safety of the rooftop where he'd leaped with me. SUVs come flying down the street a few minutes later and I stick my fingers in my mouth, giving a piercing whistle.

 

"how the hell. . ." Carter looks up at us. He knows that building doesn't have roof access.

 

"Benton, grabbed me and got both of us up here when we saw the robot coming. It went thataway." I point.

 

"Sugar?" Greta yells from the ground.

 

"Inside with Benton's friends." Dr. Stark looks over and sees Ray Kowalski, Diefenbaker, and Sugar through the glass door.

 

Greta heads that way, Dr. Stark and Sheriff Carter moving to protect and follow her. I snigger silently, Greta's protecting them just as much as they're protecting her.

 

"There it is." The robot swivels and starts moving towards them, causing them to turn and run with the robot chasing them.

 

"What kind of a power source does that thing have anyway?" Carter pants.

 

"I don't know but I will be finding out." Dr. Stark says. Greta suddenly grabs their waists and takes to the air, letting the robot smash into a shield she places against the wall that had cut them off.

 

"Relax," Greta says when the two men stiffen in her arms. "I've got you." She chuckles silently seeing the twenty million questions running across Dr. Stark's face and knowing what at least one of them is.

 

"You've got me? Who's got you?" Carter asks. Stark gives him a 'you did not just say that' look as Greta cackles.

 

"Oh come on, like you weren't thinking it." He snorts.

 

"Yes, but I wasn't going to say it." He says as they look around. Greta's looking down at the mess in the alley behind them. "You're going to need a lot of brooms and dustpans to clean that up." The two men in her arms look down and nod as Josette laughs under them on a rooftop as everybody comes outside, staring up at them.

 

Greta comes in for a landing, her hair fluttering behind her like a banner and puts the two men on the ground before flying off again, bringing Josette and Benton down from their rooftop perch. Sugar immediately presses against Josette's legs, giving her a look.

 

"Oh don't look at me in that tone of voice." I say, rolling my eyes as everybody around me sniggers. "I was perfectly safe with Diefenbaker's human." I then turn to Greta, smirking. "Didn't Dad give you the 'property damage is bad' lecture before we left?"

 

"It was in a good cause, that damn thing almost seemed to be targeting people."

 

"Yes, I'd noticed that as well." Dr. Stark says as a cleanup crew arrives from GD along with both Deputy Lupos. Visitor Jo looks over at her sisters to make sure they're okay out of habit before starting to work.

 

Their brothers start arriving, the area around the alley is blocked off so the cleanup team can work but otherwise life going back to normal for Eureka. Josette and Greta shrug, grabbing their bags out of the back of the SUV and walking back to the bus with Sugar.

 

"Well, I needed that little bit of excitement to get my blood pumping." Greta smirks when they walk into the library. I roll my eyes and drop onto a couch. "I'm too fucking old to go back to high school."

 

The others in the room chuckle. "I am, I'm 41 years old damn it."

 

"You realize the Dads already have a betting pool started about how long it takes you two to bring the school down around your ears." Daniel doesn't look up from his book. Oh well, at least we know which one is which now.

 

The following Monday Josette sighs as she walks into Tesla school with Greta and Sugar.

 

/Passive resistance today? We have to be here but that doesn't mean we'll do anything?/

 

/Yeah, do you have your homework done?/

 

/For the rest of the year./

 

Greta sniggers silently. /Hey maybe you'll actually pass Algebra this time./

 

Josette blows her a mental raspberry.

 

"I've got to be here, doesn't mean I need to do anything." I say more than once that day in classes, looking up from the university history textbook I'm reading for fun. "What the fuck was this guy on when he wrote this garbage?"

 

"Long-winded?" A nearby student asks.

 

"No, that I'm used to thanks to our family. He's just disproved his own argument three times. . .Whoops, make that four."

 

"Why are you reading the Gilderoy Lockhart wannabe book?" Greta asks, looking over at me.

 

"Because not even Daniel would read it and I wanted to see how bad it could be. This is supposed to be required reading at a major university?"

 

"Yeah, well we all know there's stupid teachers, classes, or universities out there. Somebody will finally realize they don't know what they're talking about and they'll huff off."

 

The teacher realizes that she's lost control of the class. "How is he disproving his own argument?"

 

"Okay, he's saying that . . ." Josette gives a outline of what the book is about. The teacher nods. "But he's saying. . ."

 

"You're right, that does disprove his own argument." She snorts.

 

"Yeah, and I'm not even twenty pages into this piece of crap. If this was his dissertation, the review board must have been on the same thing he was to approve this."

 

"Not the first time a dissertation you thought was awful was passed." The teacher rolls her eyes. "Schoolwork girls?"

 

"Already did it through the end of the year, sent it to your principal since she's the one who wanted us here." I snort. "She insisted on okaying our homework before giving it to the teachers since she's in charge of the school." The teacher says something scathing under her breath. "She's probably still whimpering since she didn't expect us to do all of it at once."

 

"I think turning it in in German for me and Italian for you might have had something to do with that." Greta snorts as the buzzer sounds. Sugar stands up and I mark my place, putting the book in his vest and taking him outside to mark the trees, cleaning up behind him and putting the bag in the garbage before washing my hands and walking to the lunch room, putting dishes of food and water down for him before I bring out my own food.

 

I snigger as Sugar snores softly in class, Greta giggling in her corner of the room.

 

The next day I'm belching softly as we walk into the building.

 

"Oh my god, what is that?" Somebody screams a couple hours later as a smell begins to be noticed through the school. Greta cackles silently and keeps herself from rubbing her hands in glee, yesterday was my turn to torment the school, today its hers. She silently farts again, causing alarms to go off in various rooms. Josette settles on the grass outside the school when the building is evacuated.

 

"What's . . is that melting?" Sheriff Carter asks when he comes over to where the school administration is gathered as the teachers count noses to make sure all their students are accounted for.

 

"Was it an oops in the chem lab?"

 

"No, we haven't been able to find a source for the . ..

 

"Noxious emissions yet?" Sheriff Carter snickers. The Principal glares at him and he gives her a look, making her back down. She's already on thin ice for being one of Thorne's appointments and making the girls attend school. She can't afford to be all Bertha better than you with the Sheriff.

 

Sheriff Carter walks into the building, Dr. Stark swearing silently as he arrives and grabs protective gear before following his annoying mate into the building.

 

"Carter, even you know better than to be around a possible chemical leak without the proper gear." Stark forces the protective mask on Carter.

 

"Stark, take a whiff. This isn't a chemical leak, this smells more like mexican night at the dorm when I was at college." Carter rolls his eyes.

 

Stark takes a deep breath and takes off his mask. His nose wrinkles and his eyes begin to burn before he puts the mask back on. "You could be right but I still want to run tests." They come out of the building.

 

Meanwhile Visitor Jo is rolling her eyes as she tracks down her sisters. She recognizes that smell from personal experience.

 

"Okay, who ate Buck's chili?" she sits down behind them in the grass.

 

Greta sniggers.

 

"That's mean even for you, they'll be fumigating the building for a week. The students might even have to go back inside."

 

"I can keep eating it." Greta shrugs. "I feel sorry for the students and teachers but that woman? Nope." I belch softly and pull a bottle of pop from Sugar's vest, opening it and taking a drink.

 

"You okay?"

 

"Sour stomach, I woke up in the middle of the night with heartburn. And I didn't even eat Buck's chili." Putting the bottle back in Sugar's bag I settle down with the history book.

 

"How are you coming on that piece of crap?"

 

"Less than a hundred pages and I'm at nearly twenty times he's contradicted himself. And three bald-faced lies, not even fallacies that got disproved since he wrote it, but outright lies. If he does have a doctorate, I'm not attending that school. Or any school that would hire him."

 

"Bold-faced lies?" the history teacher asks. Josette opens it to a sticky note and hands the book over. "Yeah. . .that's so wrong it's not even funny." She flips to the other marked pages and scowls as she reads it. "Is this a book from your dimension?"

 

"Yeah, though I'm sure you have people just as bad here."

 

"Why are you still reading that garbage?" Jo asks with a shudder.

 

"It's like a train wreck, you know you should look away but you have to see what's going to happen next. In the author's notes he complains about having to self-publish his masterpiece, I can see why. No self-respecting publishing house would touch it. . .at least until the publisher that the university is associated with had it published for his class."

 

"He actually does say that, what a whiner." The teacher rolls her eyes and hands back the book. "Seven hundred and eighteen pages? If he presented this piece of shit, I'm Mother Teresa. Anybody with half a brain would have told him to cut five hundred pages out of it at the least, then prune the rest."

 

"But. . .but . . .but it's my paper, who are you to tell me how to write it?" Greta says in a fake whiny, trembling voice.

 

"The poor sod who had to read this crap?" The history teacher walks away shuddering to join the other teachers as students mill around and settle in groups. They look at her. "Josette's got a history book from the other dimension, whoever wrote it was a comple imbecile who never should have been allowed into graduate school if he does have a Ph.D. From reading that shit I'm not so sure."

 

"Differences in dimension?" One of the other teachers asks.

 

"No, damn fool writer." She snorts. "Josette was reading it in class yesterday and she'd already found four times where he contradicts his own case, she's not even a hundred pages into it and she's found nearly twenty now. . .and three out and out lies. Not fallacies disproved since the book was written, stuff that anybody with half a brain could have looked up if they even believed the crap they were spouting. The book's over 700 pages and the author was whining in his notes that he had to self-publish it until he got hired by a major university and their publishing company took over. Then he had to make sure they didn't change anything."

 

"What a loser." The other teachers roll their eyes. "Is it a basic history text used for two or three classes?"

 

"No, it's their dissertation."

 

"Buffalo chips, there's no dissertation that long. Anybody reading it would have told them to start trimming dead wood. With a chain saw if necessary."

 

"I don't think anybody did read that, if the original premise was that broad they'd have been told to narrow it down and if they'd tried passing that horseshit off while they were defending their dissertation they would have been laughed out of the room."

 

"Josette, would it be possible to read that after you're done?"

 

"Give me your e-mail address, we have most of the textbooks on the server. Most of the family prefers to actually sit down and read the books though."

 

"Daniel." Jo sniggers behind them. "Blair's nearly as bad, with Spencer and Peter tied for third since they have trade journals to read as well as texts. I can't complain, I'll sit and read a gun magazine for hours."

 

The announcement that they're being sent home comes a couple hours later and Josette marks her place before putting the book in Sugar's pack before they walk back to the bus. Getting on the server, Josette attaches the e-book and sends off the message before changing her clothes.

 

"You're reading that?" Daniel asks, looking at the book Josette puts down on the table as she empties Sugar's vest and takes it off him. He shakes and settles down on a pillow by the fireplace in one corner of the room as Josette pets the cats as they give her disgusted looks for daring to be home early.

 

"Yeah, it's almost hysterical how he's going to trip up his own argument this time." I snort. "And if somebody bothers me, I can whap them upside the head with the book."

 

"Is it that bad?" his other self from this dimension ask.

 

"I won't read it, that's saying something."

 

"It can't be . . ." Josette goes to a replicator and makes a new copy. She hands it over. "Whoof, that's . . .”

 

"A load of horse shit." Daniel sits down on a couch and begins to read. "But that's. . ." He says a few minutes later.

 

"disproving the basis for the book? Yeah." I say, looking over at him. "I wasn't even twenty pages into that monstrosity and I'd already found four, I'm up to twenty-five now and I'm about a hundred and fifty pages in."

 

"Why are you home early?" Their Daniel looks at his watch. "It is early, isn't it?"

 

"Yeah, the school was evacuated because of a noxious smell." I snigger. "They're running tests and hope to have it reopened by Thursday. Not that Greta and I will be there." Greta snorts and nods as she walks past the couch I'm lying on. "The principal will be heartbroken."

 

"Ahhh, she can go . . ." I trail off as the Doctor gives me a 'Josette, behave' look. "She's an interfering old bat. We already finished the homework for the year, we can take the tests at at any time, I'm not in Algebra so I can't fail that class. . .again. Other than that we're just there to inflict mental distress on the dumb woman."

 

"She means well."

 

"She's a control freak who wants to have everybody under her thumb. And compared to the real control freaks in the family, she's a poser." Greta snorts from where she's halfway up a library ladder reaching for a book.

 

"She reminds me of a Gou'ald queen." Daniel says, looking up from the book. "Not above taking out the system lords to get what she wants. She's on thin footing now and trying to get back the power she enjoyed being one of Thorne's people. She doesn't realize Dr. Stark has a good nose for bullshit and is giving her enough rope to hang herself."

 

"She reminds me of Dumbledore, she's not a fan of teenagers, she's the Principal for the power. . .not because she wants to help children." Jo says coming through. "And I hate you for introducing me to the movies." Her loving family members snigger. "Of course they tried to make Snape and Dumbledore not total monsters."

 

"Well yah," I snort. "They've gotta be the hewoes. Snape was a nasty bastard, you either loved him because he was misunderstood and some tragic hero or loathed him as some sort of ogre and Dumbassdork left a baby on a doorstep and never checked on him. . .for the greater good after all. The caretaker hated children and never should have been hired, not because he's a squib but because he was a jealous, bitter, hateful man and the divinations teacher was a lush."

 

"What about the students?" Jo laughs.

 

"Hermione was an uptight controlling know it all brat. She reminds me a little of Willow from Buffy the Vampire Slayer, she's got to be right no matter what because she's spe-shul. Ginny came off as a squeeing pink fangirl, she spent her entire life on stories about the boy who lived. Hermione read all the books, so's she to a lesser extent. Hell in the first movie Ron said Hermione knew more about him than he did. Ron was a jealous git 'oh woe is me I have five older brothers who are so much better than I am. . . pass the sausage. I have to make do with one brother's hand me down robes, another's hand me down wand, and a third's hand me down familiar. . .pass the chicken. My spells go haywire because my wand is held together with tape but I'm too stupid to get it fixed or buy a new one. . .pass the mashed potatoes. But that really doesn't matter, I'm not that good of a student anyway. And Hermione's constant nagging to revise doesn't help. Is there any more gravy? My best friend is the boy-who-lived, he's got money and fame. Yeah, his parents were killed as a baby, he's got a psycho trying to kill him every year, not counting the teachers. But he's rich and famous, everything I'm not. Hey, don't hog the bacon, I've only had three helpings down here."

 

Greta laughs in midair. "You've been reading too much fanfic."

 

"Probably. His brothers were a lot better than him. . .well except for Percy the prig. But answer me this question, the Weasley cousin that nobody wanted to talk about, was it because he was an accountant or because he was a Squib. For all that they're a light family, and so are the Longbottoms, they're not above booting a kid out of the family when they don't get a letter to Pigfarts. Or even before that if there's a possiblity the kid is a squib. If they didn't marry their second cousins and turn their noses down on the muggleborn students, the purebloods might not be having so many squibs."

 

"And putting them in houses instead of dorms was stupid." Dr. Stark says as he comes into the library with Peter. "You're putting kids in places based on their personality that could change tomorrow, putting a label on them they'll have the rest of their lives. You had the brave kids--Gryffindors, the evil kids--Slytherin, the so-called smart kids, and the happy kids--Hufflepuff."

 

"The classes were with the same people, they ate at their own tables. . .you weren't told not to have friends outside your houses but you weren't encouraged to either."

 

"Your house was your family while you were at school." Greta says in a sing-song voice.

 

"Family like that I could do without." I snort.

 

"You know I'd always thought that Ron ate so much is because he's weak magically. Magic is energy and he uses all the calories from food to replenish his core. That's why he never gains an ounce because he should weigh as much as the Dursley's the way he eats." Daniel says. The others look at him. "Yes, I've read the books, Jack gave them to me in the infirmary and there wasn't anything else to do. They wouldn't give me a computer to work on anything."

 

"The 'on the road to recovery, let me the fuck out of here already. No you need to rest' stage?" Sheriff Carter says. "Yep, I know that one all too well."

 

"Well if you'd quit getting hurt Carter, you wouldn't be stuck in the infirmary as often as you are." Stark says dryly. "Greta, are you actually flying or moving yourself kinetically?" It's a fair question since she's got three books floating next to her.

 

"I'm flying." She chuckles. She comes in for a landing and shoves my legs off the couch so she can sit down, snorting when I put my legs on her lap and shoving them off again. I snigger and finally sit up.

 

"Is that the book that you sent to the teachers?" I nod and make him a copy. Dr. Stark settles down and reads the inside cover. "Whining like a baby isn't the way to make a good first impression." he scowls.

 

"Zoe?" Greta asks, looking over at Sheriff Carter as he looks at the books.

 

"Picking up a few extra hours at Vincent's since school's closed. Jo told me to go away, I can cover this end of town for a few hours, all the excitement should be over for the day. Stark put the fear of him into everybody at GD when we got the call about trouble at the school." He looks at them, the gaze of a father who's got a teenage daughter of his own and he knows what they can do. "Girls, it's only for thirteen weeks with this one."

 

"Ah yes, the principal is still whining about you dumping a whole years worth of homework for all your classes on her." Dr. Stark says dryly, not looking up from the pages he's turning. "Forget good impressions, the man is an imbecile."

 

"She wanted our schoolwork at the office." I smirk. "she could pass it along to the teachers once she made sure we'd done it."

 

"How'd you do it all in one day?"

 

"Went into Friday with the computers and worked on it for about six months." Greta shrugs. "Our tests are caught up with the others, so it's just a matter of sitting on my ass in class."

 

"You're a poet and didn't know it." I snigger. Sheriff Carter rolls his eyes. "Nothing I'm going to say or do is going to get you to let up on her, right?"

 

"Right. If she'd asked us if we wanted to attend, it would have been different. Hell, I keep having dreams where I miss one day of school and have to start the entire four years over again. Or missing one day of class and finding all my classes have changed the day I was gone."

 

"Is this the one where there's stores in the school?"

 

"Yeah."

 

"I get the ones where I'm getting ready to sign up for my college classes for the next semester and suddenly realize I had signed up for a class I never attended." Sheriff Carter chuckles.

 

"I had dreams where I couldn't sign up for my next semester of classes because I could never get to the room." Dr. Stark says.

 

"I had dreams where I lost my financial aid and had to leave school." Daniel says. "I don't think Peter ever dreamed of his career at Columbia ending like it did, not that he cares."

 

"Nope, it might have been the best thing that ever happened to me. And Columbia eating their words and begging us to come back since we got our start after they kicked us out and everybody knows it isn't too bad." He says, coming into the room. "Josette, do you have any paranormal, psychology, or parapsychology?"

 

"Paranormal and parapsychology are up on the fifth floor, three hallways down on your right from the stairs. Fifth room on the right and the left. The real books are in the locked room." He nods. "The psychology and psychiatriatry is on the eighth floor, seventh hallway on your left from the stairs, third room on the right and left." Peter grins and heads for the stairs. "You can't live in the libraries either." I call at his back, he waves a hand showing he heard me.

 

"There's a workroom on the tenth floor too if your gear needs to be cleaned or worked on." I call behind him. "Remind me to bring out more trackers so everybody can find their way on the bus. Because even I find myself opening doors and wondering where the fuck I am sometimes."

 

The ninth doctor chuckles as he walks past, putting the book he'd been reading on the blue pad to be reshelved. "We've all had that happen Josette. Yours doesn't move on you like rooms do in the TARDIS."

 

"Sometimes I'm not too sure they don't." I grumble as I mark my place and stand up. Sugar scrambles to his feet. I pet him. "It's nearly time for lunch, I'm going to wash up and feed the animals." I look around at a dual yelp, sniggering with Dr. Stark and Sheriff Carter as Greta drags both Daniels away from the table by their ears. "You're eating, the books won't vanish in an hour."

 

At the cafeteria Dr. Stark slides a pile of books at Josette. "I'm blaming my lack of recognition on Allison giving birth recently and ignoring pop culture references. We have the Harry Potter books and movies in this dimension, they're written under a pen name."

 

"Walburga Black?" Greta sniggers. "That's Sirius Black's mother in the books. Are they the same?"

 

"From what little I've seen and from what Carter has said, yes."

 

"Rowling wrote a book under a pen name in our dimension, it didn't go very far until somebody 'leaked' the author was really JK Rowling and the book flew off the shelves."

 

"That sounds familiar." Sheriff Carter snorts. "Usually though it's some kind of controversy that causes the books to be popular."

 

"The cynic in me says she just wasn't getting enough money so she had it 'leaked', just like the biggest loser kept bringing back Ruben for the publicity, they brought back contestants yeah, but not three times."

 

When school opens a couple days later Spice is with me as I walk into the classroom, sitting down next to my seat.

 

Zoe Carter looks at me. "They complained that Sugar shedded."

 

"He's a sheepdog, so. . .yeah." Zoe snorts, rolling her eyes. "Did you really give the principal a year's worth of homework?"

 

"Stupid woman demanded to see it first, if she thought it was done right she'd give it to the teachers."

 

"What a putz." Zoe sighs. "The other principal we had was sooo much better, she actually taught a couple classes. But Evil wanted her buddy in the job as so . . . off she went."

 

"No, you cannot force Josette to eat the regular school lunch." Dr. Stark sighs.

 

"But she's being shown favoritism." The principal whines.

 

"She has health problems and your student lunches aren't planned with diabetics in mind. She's not the first student who's had to bring her own lunch in from home due to health concerns."

 

"I will ban everybody from bringing food in from outside."

 

"Try it and watch them walk out."

 

"Fucking moron." He says when he's hung up on the spluttering woman. He dials the sheriff's office. "Carter, keep an eye on the school. The principal's being a twit and trying to ban everybody from bringing in outside food because Josette eating a lunch she brought from home shows favoritism." Sheriff Carter sighs and silently counts to ten. "I expect at least ten students walking out because of food allergies or other lifestyle choices."

 

That news has Josette putting everything back in Spice's vest and getting up.

 

"Ms. Grover?"

 

"I am diabetic and bring my lunch from home because the school lunches aren't part of my meal plan, if I can't eat my own food, I'm not staying." Greta follows her out the door and Josette smirks as students begin walking out of their classes.

 

"How many students bring their lunches?" Greta asks Zoe since she'd called for the two girls to slow down and had run to catch up.

 

"A good half of them, Janice. . ." She points to a girl around their age who'd been the first one out the doors. "Has a food allergy. There's a couple students that eat vegan or have other food problems." Greta looks up at the quiet laughter, seeing a man that Jack's identified as Ianto Jones looking at her. She nods slightly at him and he follows the Harkness children as they walk home.

 

Sheriff Carter sighs. "Hold up." Everybody who'd been walking past the Sheriff's office pauses. "Ianto, Owen, Toshiko, your parents are at Josette's bus. Let me call them and see where they want you." The three younger students nod as Greta and I look at him. "You were expecting this?"

 

"Stark called me when the Principal said she didn't like Josette bringing her own lunch, it showed favoritism. If she ever came out of the hallowed ground that's her office, she'd see a good percentage of her students bring lunches. She eats at Vincent's and wouldn't think to lower herself to eat the school's cooking. Yeah Jack, it's Sheriff Carter. The Principal tried banning the students from bringing in outside food for lunches and a good half the students walked out, including your kids. They're outside the office right now, do you want me to send them home or somewhere else. Yeah, I know you're on Josette's bus, she's here too."

 

"We can bring them back with us. I've got plenty of educational DVDS they can watch until their parents are done."

 

Sheriff Carter listens to the voice on the other end. "Oh yes, I'm sure the principal has learned her lesson and they'll be back in class tomorrow. And the teachers will be putting assignments on the server just like they did earlier."