Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


Letters from Everywhere

Harry sat cross-legged on his current bed and carefully sorted through the collection of assorted rocks Dean had given him that morning.

He had been surprised to find out that his dad and both brothers were wizards. In spite of how big of a role the supernatural played in their lives, they seemed very muggle. He was still waiting to hear back from Binns on the educational quagmire the US had for its magical population.

But as things stood, Harry was learning, or at least beginning to learn, the family's particular magic. For the fact that they're originally from Kansas, it made a strange sort of sense for them to be stone shapers. Which led to his first lesson of sorting the rocks by magical resonance, or trying to anyway. After an hour he had a discouragingly small amount sorted.

Harry looked up tensely with his hand on his wand when the hotel door suddenly opened.

"Hey, runt," Dean greeted, as he set a bag of take out on the room table.

Harry shook his head in exasperation, "Sam's right, you are a jerk."

"Yeah, well, at least I'm still pretty." Dean gave him an amused smirk. "What's with the rocks?"

"Magic lesson. Dad's having me sort them." Harry frowned down at the piece of quartz before putting it into one of the jars.

"Ah, that. Well hang in there. You're starting a lot later than me or Sammy did." Dean handed Harry a bottle of orange juice before sitting down at the table to sort through the food.

"You any good at this?" Harry asked curiously.

"Better than Sammy anyway. Remind me to show you my familiar sometime."

"You have a familiar?" Harry was surprised. He had never seen Dean with anything remotely familiar-like in the months he had known him, except maybe his car.

"Yeah, kinda." Dean took a bite from one of the containers. "Anyway, looks like the place is really haunted, so we're going to have to be a bit more careful."

"Maybe we should make some healing potions, or at least salves," Harry suggested. "It'll also count for some credit."

Dean chewed thoughtfully for a minute before nodding. "Good thinking. Get me a list of what we'll need."

"We?"

"I figure one of us should learn your style."


Harry eyed the three pound hunk of granite doubtfully. "This is your familiar?"

"Yup."

"It's a rock."

"Yup."

"How can a rock be a familiar?"

"Easy. Loan me your wand for a minute."

"What?"

"Your wand. Give it."

"Alright..." Harry doubtfully muttered.

Taking the wand Dean an unfamiliar incantation that made the rock transform from just a hunk of granite, into a small wolf, though still with the color, and texture of the rock.

"Did you mess up?" Harry asked eyeing the miniature wolf Dean was petting.

"Nope. That's how she's supposed to look. Eventually we'll get you up to this level. It's not changing the rock from one thing into another, it's giving the rock life and mobility," Dean explained.

"A combined transfiguration and charm spell," Sam explained, from where he sat on the bed. "Pretty much gargoyles."

"Among other things," Dean reminded his taller brother.

"And you're from Kansas?" Harry asked in disbelief.

"Yeah. Weird, huh?" Dean answered with a shit-eating grin.


Clarrisa hummed happily as she carefully helped Dean chop potions ingredients in their newest hotel room. Harry was sorting rocks again, doing a little better than before. Sam was on his the laptop researching their current job. John was out chasing down other, more physical leads, and Xanthia was draped on top of Harry's school trunk.

Pretty much, things were homey in a strange way. It all left Harry feeling that this was how a family should be, each member doing their part. "Why are you still looking up stuff if you know who's haunting the house?"

"Mostly to be thorough, it's always embarrassing to get surprised by something that you could've prevented if you'd just kept digging because you thought you found the problem. A lot of Hunters die like that."

Harry laughed softly at Sam's explanation. "Hermione would love that. A real world application of her overzealous studying."

"Yeah, well in this line of work partial information can very easily get you killed, if not the people you're trying to help," Dean explained, then he looked over with a grin. "Doesn't mean she isn't a nerd though."

Harry nodded in agreement as he rubbed his forehead.

"You okay?" Dean asked in worry, seeing the movement.

"Yeah, just a headache." Harry waved off Dean's concern.

"Take a break then. Watch a movie or something."

"Dean..."

"He's right Harry, just take a break. You shouldn't rush it." Sam piped up.

"I know, I just feel a little useless."

"Hey, you've helped a lot." Sam comforted.

"I know, doesn't change how I feel sometimes though."

"You want to be helpful?" Dean asked. "Fine I've got a job for you. Be our alibi."

"I'm already your alibi," Harry replied flatly.

"There, see, not useless."

Sam sighed and shook his head. "You're such a jerk, Dean."

"And you're a bitch, so we're even. When's Hedwig getting back anyway?"

"It's pretty far to England, so I don't know. I wouldn't worry though, Hedwig's good at her job."


Note: Set during Ep. Skin of SPN

Harry blinked and pulled his hand back to stare at it then at the book that he swore just made his hand tingle. Looking around quickly, checking that no one was around before pulling out his wand and doing a quick magic detection spell. All the spell was good for was seeing whether or not an object was magical, so it wasn't used much, though Harry was, oddly, using it more than anyone he had ever heard of.

Sighing as the book did the obliging shimmer, that over the last months he had become so familiar with, that he was beginning to pick up the subtle nuances of the shimmer. And judging by that knowledge, it was some sort of nature magic. Pulling down the book Harry eyed the price sticker as he pulled out his cell.

"Hi, Dad?"

John sighed tiredly, "Something happen?"

"Just found a book that I wanted permission to get."

"Put it in a pile with anything else that catches your eye."

"How's it going?"

"Sam was right. It is something up our alley."

Harry snorted in amusement. "Sam's always right."

"Just don't tell him that."

"Yeah, we don't want him turning into Dean."

John laughed. "I'll pick you up in an hour. Stay out of trouble."

"I'll try." Putting away his cell, Harry went back to browsing the used book store.


Harry looked over the wrecked room and winced. This was bad, especially for Dean.

Acting quickly he used a quick charm that Fred and George had taught him the year before. What it did was cause the skin on the tips of the fingers to grow and shed quickly so you ended up with something like when you let glue dry on your fingers. They claimed they had needed it for getting away with pranking certain smarter muggleborns who check for prints when pranked.

Another quick charm that he had learned in the same lesson changed the fingerprints under the shed skin. Luckily Harry could just use the crazy skinshifters original prints rather than someone else's in the room.

"What are you doing?" Dean asked from where he sat next to his doppelganger.

"Giving you a plausible alibi, jerk," Harry frantically thought if there was anything else he could think of to do. "I changed his fingerprints, but made it look like he did the fake fingerprint thing from Gone in 60 Seconds. When the cops get here just stick to the truth as much as possible and let them draw the conclusions okay?"

"I get it," Sam said. "Dean, try not to be such a wiseass with the cops, okay?"

Dean glared at Sam briefly before nodding, giving into the inevitable.


Harry smiled distractedly at the middle aged couple as they came up to where he sat watching Clarrisa and Xanthia run around the playground.

"Hi I'm Detective Hamilton this is Detective MacNamara, are you Harry Winchester?" she asked.

"Yes. Can I help you with something ma'am?" Harry asked cautiously. Police coming up and asking for him by name was a bit... worrisome, but he'd see what they wanted.

The man blinked at his British accent, but continued with the interview, "Dean Winchester's brother?"

"Yes."

"You hear about the trouble he's in?"

"Yes, Dad and Sam told me," Harry said, doing as they had also told him, and not volunteering any information unless directly asked.

"So you know about his being accused of murder?" the woman asked.

"I know it doesn't make sense. We weren't even in the state when all but the last one... sorry two happened." Harry shrugged. "Did you find out why the guy attacking Rebecca looked like Dean?"

"How'd you know about that?" MacNamara asked.

"Rebecca told me. She said it really freaked her out how much he looked like Dean until the real one showed up and saved her."

"How did you meet Rebecca?" Hamilton asked.

"Sam introduced us. He got an email from her about her brother Zack so we came to check on her and see if she needed anything. We were close enough that it wasn't that big of a deal."

"What about school? It's the middle of the school year right?" she asked.

"I'm doing home school. It let's me travel with my family. We just found out about each other and I want to spend as much time getting to know them as possible."

"What about work? You're Dad and brothers have jobs right?"

"Mostly odd jobs for money as needed. Their real job doesn't really pay much at the moment, or ever really."

"And what job is that?"

"Promise not to laugh?" Harry asked, ready to tell the cops the sanitized story that the family had already agreed to.

"Sure." Hamilton said as MacNamara nodded in agreement.

"Paranormal investigations." Harry smiled at the incredulous looks the two cops gave him. "They, we, go around collecting local legends and ghost stories. Wendigo in Colorado, haunted lake in Wisconsin, that sort of thing. I'm helping organize all the legends that they've collected over the years and put them together into a book." Not a word a lie, not a word the truth. A good Winchester answer, especially with Dean currently in jail.

"I can see how that wouldn't pay much," MacNamara said. "Not until the books published anyway."

Harry shrugged and smiled. "That'd be nice, but we're being a bit more practical than that. Might as well do something with all those legends that they've spent the last twenty odd years gathering, maybe we'll make some money, maybe we won't. I'm just happy that I get to help in some way."

"But you didn't come to St. Louis looking for anything... paranormal?" Hamilton asked.

"Nope. Just to help out a friend of Sam's. We're kinda big on family and friends."

"Harry!" Clarrisa yelled as she ran up holding a large chunk of rock, thankfully not to heavy for a child of her size to carry.

"Hey Clarrisa, what do you have there?" Harry asked turning his attention to her.

"A rock!" Clarrisa said holding it out to him.

"I can see that. What do you want me to do with it?" Harry asked, thankful for both the distraction, and fact that Clarrisa was managing to act like a real kid.

"For your collection."

Harry grinned and accepted the rock, but felt grateful when he saw, or rather felt, why she wanted him to have it. "Thank you Clarrisa. I'm sure it'll make a good addition." 'Especially with the magic I can feel from it.'

Clarrisa grinned in pleasure before looking at the two watching detectives. "Who're they?"

"They're police detectives."

Clarrisa's smile turned into a frown. "They have Daddy."

"This is Dean's daughter, Clarrisa. Clarrisa this is Detective Hamilton and Detective MacNamara," Harry said, introducing everyone. He still found it funny that dad had set up Clarrisa with an identity as Dean's daughter. Sam found it funny that anyone doing any checking on Dean would believe it, even without seeing how Dean treats her.

"Nice to meet you." MacNamara said crouching down to eye level with her.

"Hi, sweety." Hamilton smiled down at the very adorable evil doll. Not that she knew that of course, she just saw a little girl.

"I don't like you." Clarrisa glared and crossed her arms with an angry pout.


"Daddy!" Clarrisa yelled happily as Dean walked out of the police station.

"Hey evil doll." Dean groaned as he picked up Clarrisa. "What have you been eating?"

"Good things." Clarrisa wrapped her arms firmly around his neck and glared at the following Detective Hamilton before turning her head into his neck.

"Hey Dean. What's with you and cops anyway?" Sam asked, grinning at the way that Dean and Clarrisa looked at that moment.

"When your popular, your popular." Dean smirked before looking over at Harry. "How you been, runt?"

"Good. Rebecca makes good pie."

"Pie? And I missed it?"

"Yup. Blackberry/apricot." Sam grinned at the glare Dean turned on him.

"Don't worry. I'll bake you your own pie tonight." Rebecca broke in. "You saved me life."

"So I get my own pie? Sweet." Dean grinned at her before turning to the waiting detective. "Thanks for the walk out."

"Just make sure to stick around for a few days in case we have more questions," Detective Hamilton ordered.

"Don't worry. There's a few things we need to do since we're here anyway," John put in.

"We do?" Dean asked in surprise.

Sam shrugged, "We don't come to St. Louis often, so we might as well not waste the trip."

"You and Dad have been plotting together?" Dean asked warily. "Oh, this can't be good."


"You sure you want to come?" Sam asked his friend worried.

"You tell me magic's real and you're going to a wizards market, and then expect me not to want to see?" Rebecca thumped Sam on the arm. "Deal we're going."

Zach smiled slight, "I'm curious what real magic's like."

Sam looked over at his dad briefly before sighing and running a hand through his hair. "Alright, fine. We ready to go?"

"Yup. Been ready, just waiting for your slow ass," Dean said.

"Should you curse in front of your daughter?" Zach asked.

"Why? It's not like she curses." Picking up Clarrisa and Xanthia he started for the door, "Let's get moving."


Harry leaned over the seats to take a closer look at the high stone wall. "That's Last Chance Market."

"Really?" Rebecca asked, "Doesn't look like much."

"It's just the outer wall," Harry shrugged, "It was built sometime around the same time as the city, I think, so the wall was kinda a necessary thing. Look, follow Dad, he'll show us where to park."

"You been here before?" Zach asked as he took the same turn as the black truck.

"A couple times since we've been in St. Louis, always with Dad or Sam though. I've got some things on backorder and stuff to check on." Harry shrugged at the looks the two gave him. "It's not often we go somewhere like this. In fact this is the first time since I've been with them."

It wasn't long before they finally pulled to a stop next to John's truck with the Impala pulling in on the other side of Zach's car.

"So a wizarding market has a parking garage?" Rebecca asked a little incredulous.

"Yeah, kinda necessary because there's nowhere to park inside." Sam shrugged.

"Don't worry, you'll see all the magic you want inside," Dean added.

"Just be careful, some people don't like for muggles." Harry sighed. "Just... don't wander off on your own."

"Muggles?" Zach asked with a frown.

"Non magical humans." Harry shrugged, "I have no idea where the term came from."

"Come on, daylights burning." John said as he led them towards the entrance to the market.


Rebecca and Zach[#1] gawked at the sights and sounds of the bustling market. It really wasn't like anything they've seen. It wasn't just the obvious magic touches, they were both very modern Americans, so had never been to a real market before.

Harry himself hadn't even seen anything like it; it defiantly wasn't like Diagon Alley, which was a small, crowded shopping district. Last Chance Market[#2], was defiantly a market, the original wall surrounding an area roughly the size of Hogsmede, including the outskirts, then after the outer wall was finished the interior was expanded as much as safely possible, leading to a huge area inside. It had been originally been founded to cater to the magic users in St. Louis, but had gotten its name and reputation for providing for the pioneers going west. Sometime around the Depression another plot of land only a mile away and roughly the same size was bought and walled in and expanded but turned into a residential area, allowing the Market to become just the Market, since the only home inside it were above or behind shops. Harry explained all this to the others.

"Harry, any ideas where to start?" Dean asked. "I haven't been here since I was seventeen."

"Well the bank I guess, I need to pick up some money, and we should probably have someone look over Clarrisa just in case."

John nodded. "Good thinking son. We need to exchange our money anyway." He especially agreed with having Clarrisa looked over. She had after all been used several times as an assassin so they should probably know all of what she is and can do.


Rebecca looked at all the mirrors in the shop before finally asking, "What do you need here?"

"I'm checking on my order. I ordered a communication mirror that will allow ghosts to use it. Apparently it's a bit of a challenge." Harry shrugged.

"Why would you want that?"

"My History of Magic professor at Hogwarts is a ghost, and I'd like to continue being tutored by him." Harry smiled slightly, "He was always really boring until I was forced to TA for him last year. I learned a lot during the one on one time. He's actually a much better teacher that way."

Rebecca was surprised but smiled. "Plus you want to just talk to him?"

Harry nodded. "That too. Hey, why don't you get a mirror too?"

"Really? What kind?"

"Here," moving a couple things on the counter he pulled out a book, "it's a catalog."

Smiling, she turned her attention to the catalog and started looking through all of the offered enchantments.

Meanwhile Harry poked around the shop as he waited for the proprietor to finish up in back.

"Here we are Mr. Winchester. Just as you ordered." Smiling brightly the balding man set two hand sized mirrors on the counter next to Rebecca. "You gave me an interesting challenge."

Harry came over and looked, "They're bigger than I thought they'd be."

"Well it's a little rough, not streamlined at all really, seeing as it's a new spell," he explained proudly.

"Then how do you know it works?"

"I've tested it of course, but it wasn't all new just the added stuff you asked for. Actually I can see a bit of a market for this in certain sectors."

"I'm happy to help. Sorry I had to put a rush on this. So this is a sort of testing copy?" Harry asked.

"Indeed, since you already said you know how to use it I'd like to cut a deal with you."

Harry frowned but nodded, "I'll hear you out, but I'd have to get my Dad to agree before I accept anything."

"Of course, of course." The proprietor nodded, glad the boy had sense, something that was needed for what he wanted, though not necessarily from his usual customers. "You mentioned that you'd probably end up using it quite a bit, so I'd like you to field test it for me. I'd give you this one and a discount on the finished product."

Harry thought it over carefully before saying anything. "Let me call my dad and you can explain it to him." Pulling out his phone he called up John.


Zach smirked at his sister, "You bought a mirror? Don't you have enough of those?"

"Not just a mirror, a magic mirror," Becky defended.

"And that's supposed to be better?" Sam teased.

"Yeah. The whole thing with the skin shifter got me paranoid, so I got a mirror that 'shows the true face of things'," she said quoting the catalogue blurb.

John nodded, "Sensible. Good job on your own purchase, Harry."

Harry just shrugged, "I was just trying to find a way to keep up with Professor Binns and maybe my friends at Hogwarts. Where is Dean?"

"Dean's still with the goblins, and they're meeting us for lunch," John said as he led them to restaurant they had agreed to meet at.

They had just put I their orders when Dean slid into the booth next to Sam and set Clarrisa between them. "Hey, sorry I'm late."

"Don't worry, we already ordered for you," Sam said before taking a drink of his water.

"How'd it go?" Harry asked curious.

"Worryingly. They got to let some tests finish running so I'll have to go back, but the overview of what they could tell me was interesting." Dean handed John the folder he had been carrying. "We've got a meeting with them tomorrow."

John nodded as he started reading through the preliminary report the goblins had given Dean.

"Sam, Harry?" a shy stuttering voice asked.

Harry's face lit up when he saw the black haired man. "Roark, what are you doing here?"

"Same as you I gather. Getting lunch between some shopping."

"You look better," Sam smiled, trying to reassure the shy man.

"Quite. I finally managed to throw off the last of my cold."

"Have a seat, son." John said as he put aside the folder. "Roark Black[#3] right? My sons told me about you."

Roark blushed but shook John's hand in greeting. "Pleased to meet you, sir."

"Roark? Seriously?" Dean asked with an amused look.

"My mother has a fondness for... old things," Roark explained.

"Well you look more like a Rory to me." Dean grinned at the confused look Roark gave him. "What? Never had a nickname before?"

"Not a nice one."

"Yeah well I think I'll stick with Rory. You really don't look like a Roark." Dean leaned back and pulled out a bag from his jacket pocket. "Here you go, Clarrisa."

"Thanks Daddy." Clarrisa opened the bag and pulled out a piece of metal to eat.

"What's that about?" Zack asked confused.

"Goblins put her on a diet." Dean shrugged. "She apparently has some mineral/magical deficiencies. It's in the folder. They could at least tell me that much."

"Why is your daughter eating metal?" Becky asked confused.

"Well she's not really a little girl." Harry explained. "She's actually a doll."

"A doll?" Becky asked slowly.

"Think of her like I do: Chucky's scarier cousin, the one that picked on him and thought his evil ways were 'cute'[#4]." Dean smirked.

Sam shook his head before adding in his two bits, "More like Pinocchio actually."

"With a side of murder." Dean snorted.

"Dean!" Sam kicked Dean in the leg with a glare.

"What? It's the truth." Dean kicked Sam back.

"Boys."

"Sorry Dad."

"Sorry."


Harry groggily put on his glasses as John went to find out who was pounding on the door.

"Roark?" John asked surprised as he stared at the obviously terrified young man. "What are you doing here?"

"Can I come in?" Roark nervously looked over his shoulder.

Frowning he stepped aside and let the black haired man in. "Something wrong?"

"Roark?" Harry asked, blinking blearily.

"Sorry to wake you but I didn't know were to go."

Finally clicking the safety on his gun John led Roark to the hotel chair and sat him down. "Why don't you tell us what's going on."

"O-okay." Roark took a deep breath than began his story.


Dear Aunt Petunia,

I'm not sure if your reading the letters I've been sending, but I need to tell someone about this last month.

To start at the beginning Sam had got an e-mail from a college friend of his saying that her brother, another friend of his had been arrested for murder. After a little convincing we decided to go to St. Lois and at least see what was going on for ourselves.

After a little poking around we were surprised to find that it was our sort of case. Long story short it was something called a skin shifter. This skin shifter would take on the appearance of a guy then go to their home and torture and kill their wife or girlfriend. Long story short it managed to take on Dean's appearance and go after Sam's friends Becky.

We managed to get there in time to stop it before it hurt her to much, but it left the cops with two Dean's. The real one and the skin shifter (who Dean killed). It took some fast work and talking all around but at least Dean isn't being blamed for the skin shifters crimes.

After the police let Dean go we decided to stick around a few days and do some shopping and sight seeing (pictures included). All in all it was turning to a nice break until a guy I meet at a book store, Roark Black, showed up at our motel room in the middle of the night.

Turns out he had just escaped from his house. His, and I hesitate to use the word, mother was going to steal his body. We don't know how long they have been doing this, other than a very long time. Roark was apparently specially bred and trained for when her current body wore out. It was all very complicated from what we pieced together, Roark having been bred for power and intelligence, and trained so that when the body jump happened she would only have a minimum of physical and magical training to do, but for Roark to have a weak enough personality that he wouldn't fight much when the time came.

On the only positive note of the entire situation, we managed to stop her from taking Roark, though we didn't get her. She disappeared to go for one of her back ups, though not before she left a 'gift' for Roark. She cursed him. He's now lame. He'll need a cane to walk for the rest of his life.

He can barely move his right leg enough to walk. According to what the healers and curse breakers managed to tell us, it somewhat limited, he can move it to keep up his physical training or to protect himself, but once he cools down again the curse slams back into place leaving him in pain for over an hour before it recedes again.

Dad says that it's more cruel to allow him those brief glimpses of freedom then to just make him permanently a cripple. I can't help but agree with him. Roark has his own body and life, but it's at a high cost. I'm not talking about his leg either. His entire worlds been shattered.

Once he was released from the hospital he came back to the hotel with us, unable to return to the house he grew up in, though it was now his. A last gift. Before she disappeared she said that he earned the right to his body, so he gets what comes with it, but only until he no longer deserves it. None of us liked the sound of that.

I like Roark. He's nice, and been a good friend in the short time I've known him, and I don't like what this has done to him. He's been really quiet the last few days. Just laying curled up on my bed petting Xanthia. To find out that his mother that he had always loved and respected only saw him as a thing. I can't really imagine what he's going through.

We talked about it last night and decided to get an apartment in the wizarding section of St. Lois so we have somewhere to stay when we pass through, which is going to be a lot more now that we have Roark to keep an eye on. So I'll soon have an address you can write to if you feel like.

Sincerely,

Harry Potter-Winchester


Dear Hermione,

Happy holidays.

I was wondering if you'd mind looking over the rough manuscript we managed to put together from Dad's journal and other sources. All the facts have been checked so before you say anything, everything in there we know works. I just want you to look it over see if it makes sense (Dad writes like Yoda speaks) and if there's anything you think should be added. If you do have anything to add please put in the quote and source and we'll check it out and see if it works or is true.

As to what you asked in your last letter, the family's fine. They're all very nice, though I don't think that Molly would like dad. She doesn't like to see anyone getting in trouble and tends to ignore circumstances. Dad not really having much of a choice other than letting the thing that killed his wife get away would dissuade her.

Dad's nice, serious, and driven, but he cares deeply for his family. Even if he is friends with Snape. Which still really gets to me by the way.

Dean's really cool, and been teaching me the family magic, which he's really good at. Even if the Winchesters apparently only learn to get control of their magic then mostly ignore it once their trainings complete. Even with all of us being hunters they still do it the mundane way. Though Dean's been learning from me, enough so that we actually went and got him his own wand so he'd stop borrowing mine.

Sam reminds me a lot of you with Ron's temper thrown in. He's really smart, enough so that he got into Stanford on a full ride. I think you'd like him. Even if he is angry at Dean at the moment because Dean was going through my trunk and found the Monster Book of Monsters and decided that Sam should have a pet. So he's now being followed around by a book whenever it gets out (which is a lot between Dean, Clarrisa, and me).

Clarrisa is still adorably evil. And turning very much into Dean's daughter. Which Sam snickers about until Dean points out that she won't grow up so she'll always be his evil little girl. That always causes Sam to make what Dean calls Sam's "bitch face". Although we did have Clarrisa looked over by gobin curse breakers to make sure that she won't kill and eat us or anything. So Clarrisa is now an officially registered magical sentient (I included a copy of the list of books they gave us). So she's an official member of the family with full rights.

Xanthia's been going through some sort of growth spurt so has been spending a lot of time in her hell kitty form as Dean calls it. It's a little annoying cause we have to hide her from the muggles, she takes up a lot more room in the car, and she sheds all over everything. Not to mention she's been hunting a lot when we stop for the night. So I don't want to know what all she's catching.

Anyway, sorry I won't be seeing you for the holidays. We've decided to go to the Roadhouse for Christmas, though if you can get permission you can come over to meet everyone in person.

I hope school's going well for you, and you're actually taking breaks from studying.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Harry Potter-Winchester


Dear Ron,

Do not under any circumstances let Hermione know the magazines I sent you even exist, let alone that you got them from me.

Now that that's out of the way enjoy the skin magazines Dean got me to give you.

I actually got to see a quodpot match and it was wicked. Not as good as actual quidditch, but then, what is?

I also included pictures of various places I've been, both muggle and magical. Hope you enjoy. I put a place and date on the back of each.

How're things going at school? Malfoy giving you to hard of a time? Hermione making you study too hard?

Sorry I'm not going back for Christmas, but maybe you can come see me at the Roadhouse. I'd really like to introduce you to everyone.

If you want take a look at what I sent Hermione, me Dad and brothers have run into all of those things. Or at least know someone that did.

Sorry this is short, but we need to check out and I'm sending off Hedwig.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Harry Potter-Winchester


[#1] Rebecca and Zack: I had some stuff planned for St. Lois so Rebecca and Zack are ending up to play a much bigger part than I had initially planned, and now that I'm using them I kinda like them.
[#2] Last Chance Market: It was built originally along the lines of an old west fort though the wooden walls were soon replaced with stone. It overtime went from wizard frontier fort to trading outpost. In current times there are no homes within the walls of the market, though there are a couple inns, to make use of the protections built into the place to use for the market. There are a few connected neighborhoods in St. Lois that are wizarding residential areas.
[#3] Roark Black: To save time describing him Roark's character is based heavily off of Wesley Windham-Pryce from Buffy. I'm going to have to do a side story at some point to go into more detail about what is mentioned happening to him in this chapter.
[#4] : Yes I am reusing the line. For two reasons: I really like it, and it's the perfect description of her.