Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


Chapter 20



Rupert looked at the girls. “And the rest of us would love to hear each document. Willow you first please, since your version is from the demon. Then Faith's from Guardian.”



Willow looked up and read. Everyone around the room went wide eye then Wesley laughed. “Oh that is great. I love it.”



Rupert nodded, very nice. Looked at Faith, “You now dear. Word for word.”



Faith cleared her throat. “The new deal is, anyone intentionally hurting or misusing a child of Eearran blood, with the term of hurting or misusing a child as anything that causes the child any harm or future harm with their own kind. Like raising a child away from other children so they will be totally obedient, that is considered misusing, will now become a host for the Xllara Demons. If the new hosts have children under the age of 15 those children will be given over to the Vrana's for them to raise in a more supporting environment. If the person that hurts the child of Eearran blood is their guardian than the child will be given to the Vrana's to finish raising.” Faith looked around “Guys, with the way this is worded, if someone offered the kids drugs they will become hosts for demons.”



Xander smirked, Jesse looked at him. “That’s going to be a hell of a lot of demons taking over people.” Xander sat there smirking and looking at Kendra. Kendra looked back at him and moved closer to Jesse “yes it will, for a brief time. The Xllara Demons aren't mass killers. They like the thrill of the hunt/kill but only on things they consider equal or worthwhile.” Xander frowned “Hunt, thrill, Shit, Spike... and Dru.. um..”



Kendra looked at Xander. “I am not sure I want to know what you know about William the Bloody and Drusilla the Mad. But from what Blar is saying yes he would be fun to play with.”



Xander smirked at her, “Same as Spike loved a good slayer for a challenge.”



Kendra nodded. “Yes both the ones in the two other slayers he killed talked about that. They commented it was like a Xllara went inside him instead of the ones that normally go in vampires.”



Xander looked out, “Yes, more hunters out there. The deal isn't perfect but... which do we want, the children to keep being taken advantage of, or those that prey on children to become prey.”



Kendra looked at Xander, “Blar is saying that a person is judged before he is taken over, in this case especially. Depending on the type of person and personalities involved the demon may actually be an improvement. And if it ends up somewhere like jail or something the demon will kill the host and go back to waiting for the next one. In many cases he will make sure he is caught by police, for the hunt. They are strange in some of their thinking. They will be using those that hurt the children to find decent hunters to play against in the future.”



Jesse looked at Kendra. “Blar?”



Kendra nodded then looked at Jesse, Jesse scowled then “ahh” and nodded.



Faith snorted. “Yeah well Blar, wonder if I can talk more to Ral like you do or I have to wait.”



Kendra looked at Faith then Xander. “And those of us already tainted?”



Xander looked at Kendra. “They will stay. You will know he is there, the others may or may not, and it is up to you guys. They can make it so you know them so you know the voice that makes suggestions in your dreams or you can stay blind to it, but they will still be in the background hinting.”



Wesley, “So if we want we can open the doorway between us and them so we get familiar with them enough that we realize when they are saying something versus just having them in the background making suggestions that we think is our own mind.”



Xander nodded .“As I said the deal isn't perfect.”



Rupert looked at Xander. “It does free the girls from the watchers, makes it so the girls are not cannon fodder or slaves anymore. It does free more demons in the world going forward. Since the terms are vague and broad it will be.. What about offering children military careers or so. That can be future hurts. The wording has me worried.”



Xander snorted. “Do you know the current wording? No you do not, but you’re worried about the future wording because you can see where someone that may have to hurt a child.. oh yeah what’s a child again. Under 15 is the term we set. So how many countries in the world send children under 15 into war... oh yeah the guerrillas in Africa and drug runners. Gee yeah they after all have the best interest of the child in mind when they force them at 12 to become soldiers or die.”



Rupert looked down. “I didn't realize you meant it that way. I was thinking of it meaning any age which can be used with the wording.”



Xander looked at Rupert. “Gee a rapist gets taken over by a demon. Poor rapist. I really think he should be in hell personally. If the person joins the military than a drill Sergeant isn't out there trying to hurt them for shits and giggles. You know, if people learned that if you hurt certain people you are taken over do you think some people may learn to treat everyone better because they never know.. What is your real problem Giles.”



Rupert looked up sharply then Ethan looked at Rupert. “Are you worried about your father or what? This does have a lot of bad, as Xander said it’s not great but why are you trying to protect the old way.” Ethan continued looking at Rupert who was looking at the floor. “Ahh, your younger brother and your nephews.” Rupert flushed red. “You're worried about them. You don't want to think they are as bad as your father but you’re worried about them because of how they were raised and that they got on with your father better than you.”



Rupert looked up opened his mouth, closed it, opened it again then nodded. “I don't want to think they are but... can we give some warning like family members.”



Faith snorted. “Yeah, like the warning K had about the demon taking her over, or the others. Maybe the warning Buffy had and the training as well. Gee how much training did they give her before sending her in the field.”



Rupert looked around the room and saw the looks, realizing that he was behaving in the same fashion as his father. Not caring about the girl as much as power. “I'm sorry I don't know why but... I guess I am more brainwashed than I know.”



Xander looked at Kendra. “The choice is yours. You’re the current slayer. When you say so, the new deal goes into effect. Most of the spells have been broken so your hunt/kill drive isn't as strong but Blar will push for it, it is one thing he thrives on so you will need to do some. However, once it goes into effect the slayer is dead. No one will ever become a slayer again, unless someone else does something stupid to make it, but otherwise the curse on the Eearra village will be lifted. There may be an increase in girl children in the next generation.”



Faith looked at Xander. “And you can make it so I can talk with Ral more? He may not be the best for me but he will be with me and my survival. I guess to have someone that is there for you and only you... I know Linda tries but... she’s a different world.”



Xander nodded. “The healers can open that up for those that want it. The same warning does apply. He will push the hunt/kill drive in you. And without the slayer package it will be bad.”



Faith snorted. “Unless I became a bounty hunter or something that hunts down criminals and try to outsmart them. That sounds like something Ral would like.”



Xander and Kendra nod, Kendra looks at Faith. “Blar said that sounds like fun but he said I should do college first. I don't know why but he keeps saying it is better to finish school and go from there. That I am too young yet.” With that she looked at Xander.



“You are 15, not even 16 yet. The Xllara have different ideas on children and adults. We agreed on 15 though to them 15 is still a baby. We talked about the differences in our cultures and that we only live about 70 years not 700. We talked a lot and I explained about what lets you go farther in this world. That is when we discussed the military and stuff like that. Since it is great for the hunt/kill instinct. There is a world agreement between all the nations about not letting people under 18 into combat. We used that for the military thing. Otherwise everyone on the other side of a battlefield would be taken over when they tried to kill you. War is understood. However, if one of your unit behind you decides they don't like you and fire at you... well I'm sure they will love having their body taken over.”



Kendra looked at Xander. “No more girls being brought up to be the perfect women for someone? No more watchers having children with their potentials?”



Xander looked at Kendra. “Not unless the potential wants it and starts it. Nature works at times too. Say Faith fell for Wesley. There is no one to say it’s wrong if that’s what Faith wants. He would not be taken over, even if they broke up later. However, if Wesley brought up Faith to be the perfect women for him and to think of him first then makes a move. He raised her for that purpose, not to make her strong but to make her a doll for him. He would be taken over. I'm sorry but there are slayers out there that could use this against their watcher and him not want to do anything wrong. It’s not perfect but.”



Kendra nodded and looked at everyone. “To the future of no more slayers. Where the children of Eearra are free and protected.”



Chapter 21



Wesley looked sharply at Xander. “What’s coming?”



Xander smirked and quirked an eyebrow at him. Jesse looked sharply at Xander then back at Wesley. “Wes?”



Wesley began to speak softly, “During this all, he has talked with the other races since yesterday. He is verifying things as we talk but the deals in place. Think about it. He talked with the Vrana's, the Xllara are in agreement so much so that they are opening up communication with their host. That has never happened before.”



Jesse looked at Xander. “Protection. The Xllara need humans. He said they are not substantial in this dimension so they need humans to be here, protecting their hosts and future hosts. The Vrana's have fought off major enemies, after they won that war everyone tried to take them over and failed. This ties them more with humans as well.”



Xander looked at Jesse and Wesley. “the Xllarans need humans is true. It will not be a situation like Blackthorn, however, humanity is alone at a time it should not be. And who says the reason I am creating this is for something during your life? I am Guardian. My purpose is to keep humanity alive and free. Slaves to demons are not free, however, currently there are no protections for humans and we are getting closer and closer to losing to the demons. The populations of both have grown substantially in the last few centuries. Humans are no longer minor pests. However, due to humans nature we have formed no solid ties to any races. One of the major things I saw in the old timeline. When we needed help, there was none because we had never tried to form ties. We could of survived and prospered if we had had allies.”



Cordy looked at Xander. “So not only would it save the girls, break the old system, but help for allies for humanity when needed against some of the more demonic races. Why would the Xllara's do this? What’s really in it for them.”



Faith snorted. “We can merge.” Everyone looked at her. “It makes the most sense. If we can merge with the Xllarans then we can be hosts for them with both of us not fighting but in control. They would help protect us and give us other benefits. They turned the girls into slayers with a minor compulsion and broken deals, what can we be if we merge willingly? If needed we could become a cross between Xllaran and Human and survive where alone neither could.” She was looking straight at Xander. “So where am I wrong?”



Xander smiled then turned to Kendra. “The choice right now is yours. What I want is unimportant. It is what you want and what you do that determines the future.”



Cheryl looks sharply at Xander. “That's what you said when I asked about Haven, Xander.”



Xander turned and smiled at her, then looked around the room. Jesse nods. “Humans have to try and do it on their own. You can help when absolute necessary but it’s up to humanity. Its Kendra's choice if the girls stay slayers or the new deal goes into place. Its Cheryl's place about making sanctuaries in cities for humans and realmers. It’s all down to humans making choices.”



Xander smiled at Jesse and Wes looked startled. “Guardian.. why does it keep slipping that everything he does is done with Humanity in mind.”



Cordy snorts. “How often have you actually seen that happen in your life. Or have you seen more often where people will say one thing and do something else. Guardian is doing what he says. His first thoughts are not himself but others.”



Wes shook his head. “Yes, and he means what he says. It’s our choice. If Kendra doesn't take the deal he will work with what he has still. Damn. How many side deals do we not know about have you been doing?”



Xander snorted and Cordy looked at Wesley. “You expect him to tell you? Can I sell you a bridge?”



Wesley blushed at that. Ethan snorted. “It doesn't matter what else he has done. Its none of our concern. Our concern is Slayers and Kendra's decision. We may be field commanders but he is the general in back running the show that has all the information. Our information is only what we have and need. We probably are missing critical information because we haven't asked the right questions, what does Haven have to do with Slayers yet he has given it the same consideration so there is a connection we don't know.”



Willow looked up “Allies” then turned to Jesse. “So did you finish your homework yet? I didn't understand what Mrs. Schmidt was really wanting did you?”



Rupert looked at Willow opening his mouth. “Willow, there are more important things than Homework to discuss. We need to know why we need allies, we have to prepare for whatever is coming and start.”



Cordy snorted. “No we don't. We have nothing to do with anything else at this point. Boy you guys are narrow minded. We need allies yes. And why does it have to be for a planned reason. If you’re smart you gather allies while you can in case you ever need them. Humanity hasn't. Up until now we have no allies and if someone tries taking us over tomorrow we have no one to help us. And you guys know what. That’s your fault. You are the ones that haven't made allies in the past. Even with the information that we need allies your immediately trying to take control and choose which allies we need. You don't want allies per say but to stooges to use.”



Ssallaa looked at Rupert. “She is correct. Hearing your words and watching your reactions I would not recommend alliances with you. You just plan on using us and would not be true allies. You have much of your thoughts are still in the way of the watchers.”



Rupert and Wesley paled then Rupert looked around. “Dear Lord. I am sorry everyone, you are correct. I... I can't really say why but.”



Wesley snorted. “We are well programmed to believe we are the only ones that can do anything. I think the solution would be for all of us watchers to step back and have no say. We have already proven we can't be trusted.”



Xander looked at Wesley. “No you cannot be trusted right now. However, there is hope in the future you will change.”



Xander then turned to Kendra. “The decision is yours Kendra. What will it be?”



Faith snorted and Kendra looked straight at Xander. “You know there never was any real choice. The idea of the current situation growing is not really an option.”



Xander just looked at Kendra without saying another word. Kendra held his eyes then looked to Jesse. He moved over and put an arm on her shoulder and she leaned back into his arm. “I accept the deal with the Xllarans and the Vrana's. May the children be protected and the slayers no more.”



Xander slowly nods and glows then smiles. “And the nightmare ends. The facility in the British Virgin Islands has just fallen to the Xllarans. The Vrana's have opened a portal to gather them. As well as the 3 facilities in Peru. The 7 in Africa. Many young people are finding their nightmare over. Thank you Kendra.”



With that Xander turned to Willow and Jesse. “So shall we finish our homework?” He turned and looked at Faith and Kendra. “You guys ready to work?”



Wesley looked over at Xander and shuddered before muttering quietly. “You won't tell us, and it’s probably for the best. How do you handle it?”



Xander looked at Wesley and shook his head before turning his back on them to work on his homework.

Chapter End Notes:
Hope you enjoyed it.