Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


Chapter 2



Little over a year later there was a knock on the front door on a Friday night. Going to answer the door Jess stood in shock. “Jesse what happened!” Hearing Jess, Xander and Tony ran from the living room to the front door. Jesse was leaning against the door jam. Both eyes were blackened and red marks on his face showed he might have jaw issues. His arms and legs were obviously hurt as well. Tony leaned over and picked him up gently while carrying him to the car. Xander ran and got his father’s keys and wallet as well as his mother’s purse while his parents put Jesse in the car. They were quickly on their way to the hospital.



At the hospital, Tony and Jess were explaining that he knocked and they answered and what they found. One of the officers that saw them hurrying to the hospital went to check on the McNally house. Xander was in the room holding Jesse. One of the nurses made a comment; the other looked at her with disgust on her face. “They are six year olds and one was just beaten. I don't think you have to worry about them having sex.”



Xander looked up the nurses. “No but she should worry about her health.” The nurse that was defending the boys looked quickly at Xander as well as the Doctor and his parents. The look on his face was scary. The other nurse sniffed and walked off... A few seconds later, there was a loud scream. The nice nurse went to check. After a few moments, she came back in looking at Xander. “Tripped over her own feet, fell through the window into the waiting room right onto someone's knitting needles that pierced both her eyes.”



Xander snorted. “Lucky.”



The adults all looked at each other and shuddered slightly. Yeah she was lucky, if Xander wasn't comforting Jesse it would have been a lot worse, they didn't know how they knew they just knew.



The nurse looked at Jesse closely; she could see some of the bruising fading. “Doctor,” when he looked at her she nodded at Jesse. He looked and noticed what she was seeing. “Alexander, let me take Jesse and do X-rays and pictures and fix the bones so they heal in the correct places. We don't want to have to re-break them.”



Xander nodded as the Nurse quickly and gently moved Jesse to gurney and rolled him away for pictures. Xander got off the bed and came over to his parents, hugging his mom as he stood there.



A few minutes later Jesse's father and the officer came in. His father was covered in bruises and stuttering. The officer looked at the doctor. “Could you please take pictures of the damages to Mr. McNally as well?”



“Oh no, Gladys will be upset if we did that. I need to go home so Gladys calms down. You understand that Gladys doesn't like things out of order or making a mess.”



Tony looked at Jesse's father. “Steve what happened to Jesse?”



“Oh Jesse spilt his milk at dinner. Gladys was most upset. I tried to clean it up quickly but Gladys says that dinner was ruined.”



Tony looked at the officer, he shook his head. “Way the code was written in town we can't really do anything, we can make it so Gladys has no say over Jesse but unless Steve does something he will go with his father, who is heading back into the abusive situation.”



Xander looked up with his eyes narrowing. Tony dropped his hand onto Xander's shoulder and squeezed. Tony looked at Steve. “Steve, you know I think Gladys would be a lot happier if Jesse came to stay with us. You know she has said multiple times.”



The relief at the suggestion was easily seen on Steve's face. “Yes, Gladys would be most happy if Jesse stayed with Alexander.” The officer smirked and the CPS women coming up the hall heard that and smiled as well.



“Mr. McNally, I'm Leslie Sands. If you will sign these forms we will move the custody of Jesse over to Mr. and Mrs. Harris.”



Steve quickly signed all the forms she offered. Everyone smiled and Xander looked relieved. “So the room next to mine gets switched for him. You guys going to get his stuff while the doctor finishes up here?”



Leslie nodded. “I will head back with Officer Rogers and Mr. McNally after they are done here to get Jesse's stuff.”



Jessica nodded. “I will leave to get the room ready and you guys can bring the stuff right over.”



Jesse and the Doctor returned and after moving Jesse back onto the hospital bed and Xander, crawling in with him the Doctor came over to the adults. “Two broken ribs; 6 cracked ribs; hairline fracture of right Clavicle; hairline fracture of right Mandible; right Ulna broken in three places; three metacarpal bones in his right hand are broken and another two are fractured; two fractures in the Pelvis. Left femur broken in two spots; left tibia and fibula both broken; two Metatarsal in his left foot. And we are watching his kidneys due to bruising in that area as well as the extensive bruising around the face and stomach.”



The officer and the CPS worker looked at each other before Leslie asked. “You have copies ready?”



“Oh yeah, I have them ready. And who did this?”



The officer looked at the Doctor. “His mother. We also need you to take a look at the father. He seems to have some damage but no where that extensive.”



The nurse heard and shook her head. “Shows that it can be anyone. Everyone was betting on the father in a drunken rage.”



Tony looked at Jess both thinking of what Xander had said about his drinking and abuse. Tony closed his eyes at the close call. It could have been Xander in there with that damage and he would have been responsible. Jess stroked his back in understanding.



Jess nodded to everyone. “I will head home to start getting the room next to Xander's ready for Jesse.”



The adults all nodded at each other turning to look at the boys again. Xander was back to holding Jesse and they watched as the bruises were fading more and color was coming back into him.



Later that night Tony and Jess were looking at the rooms in their house. The room next to Xander's had been cleaned out and most of Jesse's things were moved in there. Tony looked at Jessica. “Think we should get the other room ready as well? We can say it's a guest room or if Willow stays over or something.”



Jess closed her eyes nodding. “Yeah, I have that feeling as well. We can clear out the basement and make a play area for them. Ask the boys what color they want the walls and what they think for the guest room. You wouldn't mind. Seems we are growing from our only child and may end up with three that most of the town seems to call 'terrors'.”



Tony gently squeezed Jess around the waist. “Oh that letter from my grandmother that I got the other day. Seems she was happy to find out I didn't become an alcoholic like my parents and she told me to bring my three children to see her soon.”



Jess smiled while shaking her head. “You think that started it, my grandfather and great grandmother were both suppose to have some version of knowing things in advance and my grandmother was able to tell when someone was lying just by looking at them.”



Tony looked at Jess. “Remember watching the original Twilight Zone and the one with the kid that changed people into jack-in-the-boxes when he got angry.”



Jess looked confused. “Kinda.”



“We will make sure our Terrors don't become like that little boy. They will be well loved but not feared. I saw the brief fear on the doctor and nurse’s face after the one that called them queer boys fell through the window. They hid it but I could see it starting. I think watching him heal Jesse relieved some of their fears.”



The next morning Tony and Jessica were in the hospital room looking at the boys. “So what color paint do you boys want in your rooms?”



Xander smiled. “Blue.”



Jesse grinned. “Green.”



Tony nods. “And we are thinking of turning the fourth bedroom into a guest bedroom what color do you think for it?



Xander and Jesse looked at each other then at Tony and Jess. “She hates pink and red because she’s always teased about her hair.”



“And green because they call her Christmas.”



“Browns are boring.”



“Purple or yellow?”



“Purple works; make it not too overly purple. Don't want to think about Barney when you look at the room.”



Both parents and the nurse walking by shudder at the mention of Barney. Tony and Jess smile at the boys. The nurse came in. “The Doctor said that Jesse is showing rapid improvement and probably head home today with a bunch of care instructions.”



Everyone smiles at that. Jess looks at the nurse. “Checkout is what time?”



“The Doctor will be making rounds in about an hour. That checkup will tell him if it’s ok for Jesse to leave. So far the kidney's and stomach seem ok, and all we can do for the broken and fractured bones is let them heal.”



A small red haired girl slipped into the room the nurse raises her eyebrows as the girl climbs in bed with the boys. “I just heard. My parents think I'm at Xander's.”



The boys nod. “Do you like the idea of purple paint on the walls in our guest bedroom?”



The girl looked confused. “I thought walls had to be white. Mom said that all walls in a house should be white.”



Jess leaned over. “In a house white works, but in a home the walls should match the people living there. That is one of the differences between a House and a Home.”



The girl still looked confused. “People will buy it if it has different color on the walls? A house is used for resale and investment and you don't want to do anything to damage your investment.”



The nurse was staring at the girl in horror. 'Purple walls in the guest room, doesn't like red or pink, yep they figure she will be with them more than with her parents and good thing too.'



Tony looked at Willow. “Walls can be painted without problems.”



Willow looked at him. “Oh, Ok, yeah purple sounds good, but more light not dark. Like violet or something otherwise it will look like that dress Ms. Anderson wore last year.” All three kids shudder at the memory.



Jess looked at the kids. “So are you all thrilled with entering first grade next month?”



The three kids looked at her and Willow frowning. “Mom just ordered a bunch of clothes from the Sears catalog. She said we didn't have time to go shopping. Hope they don't fit.”



“Hopefully nothing like that pink dress again.”



Willow looked sad. “I saw some of what she ordered – can I hope none of it fits. More pink and red dresses. And green. The rest of the kids are going to be mean.”



The adults looked at the girl in a beige cotton jumper with a pink top and pink tights and shoes. The clothes were bad and looked wrong on her with her coloring.





A few months later on a Wednesday night Jess looked at the clock and the three children in her basement. “Willow, shouldn't you be heading home before your mom gets worried.”



Willow looked at her. “Oh they are on a tour for the next few months. They said I'm old enough to be on my own. They have the bills coming out of their checking account and left some cash for me to get food.”



Jess looked at Willow. “When are they due back?”



Willow thought. “July 10th. They will be in LA for July 4th and head back after they said. I have their itinerary on the fridge at home.”



Jess smiled tightly. “Is it ok if I go over and get it and some clothes for you so you can stay her the next few days?”



Willow looked up and smiled. “Sure, that would be great. I was hoping to stay here some but figured I shouldn't ask because I didn't want you to think I was a baby.”



Willow handed Jess her key and Jess walked upstairs to grab her purse and Leslie's card. After she arrived at The Rosenberg’s she let herself in with Willow's key and looked around. There were notes telling Willow when to take the trash cans out, what was ok to buy at the store, how to do laundry, and other things like that. On the fridge was an itinerary that showed they were touring for the next five months. Jess just looked at the fridge and then pulled up the card she had for Leslie Sands and dialed the number on the back for her home since it was 7pm at night.



After explaining to Leslie what she had found she went to grab clothes for Willow while waiting for Leslie to arrive. Leslie arrived with Officer Rogers again. Looking through the house you could see the disgust growing on both of their faces.



“So they left their six year old daughter alone for five months while they do a book tour on parenting?”



Officer Rogers snorted in the background. “Want me to check out that they are there.”



Leslie nodded. “Of course she will join your other two and you want custody if they did abandon her.”



Jess nodded. “They told her she was a big girl and could take care of herself. She didn't want to ask to stay over because she worried we would think she was a baby.”



Officer Rogers came back in. “They arrived in New York last night they will be there for a week doing guest lectures and book signings.”



Leslie nodded. “Ok forward their phone to my office and check the house daily, I am going to be very nice and give them two days. And it's clear from the notes and lists left around here that are addressed to Willow not a caregiver that they had no one designated to take care of her. I figure by this time tomorrow night if they haven't returned for their daughter or assigned care for her than its clear Abandonment and neglect. That would mean we could have them arrested in the middle of their presentation at Columbia.”



Everyone laughed at that and then after gathering some stuff for Willow and forwarding their phone they left going back to the Harris household.



After Leslie talked some with Willow and assured her she wasn't in trouble for asking to stay somewhere instead of in the house alone, and what her parents did is wrong and against the law. They were not to leave their six-year-old daughter alone at home for months without an adult to look after her. Willow was setup in the violet room.



As Leslie and Officer Rogers were leaving and getting back into their cars. “So all three of the Terrors are together?”



Leslie looked at Rogers. “Does that really surprise you?”



He shook his head. “Actually it is kinda a relief. I would hate to think what would have happened to those three kids with the way the other two parents went.”



Leslie looked at him. “There are rumors that Anthony Harris is a recovering alcoholic. And someone was trying to push him back into being an alcoholic.”



Rogers looked at the house shuddering. “And where would those kids be if all three sets of parents where off like that. With Gladys going off the deep end and now the Rosenberg’s abandoning their daughter if Tony was drinking it would have destroyed those three.”



Leslie nodded. “Yeah, some how it feels right that all three are together, if I was a romantic I would say something like “the future is saved” but how those three terrors would save the future?”



Rogers looked at her. “Think what would happen if you messed with them or their friends.”



Leslie raised her eyebrows and thought on the situation. “I think I will suggest Lee's Dojo to Jessica for the three kids. The discipline of a martial art could help.”



Rogers looked at her and his eyes double blinked both normal and sideways “Oh.”



“Something the Matriarch said awhile back, 'The three terrors are reunited. The guardian is back with his brother the shield and his sister the red tree. Their strength is our salvation. If they are weakened the past will become the future and there will be no saving us this time.'”



Rogers looked at her, shuddered, and then got into the car. “Maybe they need to do some of the other after school activities I'm sure Mrs. Harris never heard about. Any idea which is which of the boys?”



Leslie shook her head about the boys. “I will ask the Matriarch about the after school programs.”



Chapter 3



Tony and Jess sat across from Mrs. Schmidt the children’s second grade teacher and the principal Mr. Elleckson. Both were acting very nervous while greeting the trio's parents and you could see the sweat on Mr. Elleckson's neck.



Tony smiled. “So Parent/Teacher conference. I didn't realize the principal was coming. Is there something I should know about the trio?”



Mrs. Schmidt took a sip of water on her desk and forced a smile. The answering smile from the Harris's shook that off her fast and she looked at the principal. “Mr. Elleckson wanted to talk to you about the trio.”



Elleckson threw a look at her like she betrayed she looked at him then the Harris's and you could almost see her saying 'I'm not going to cross them.'



Elleckson put on a fake smile and looked at Tony, and then he quickly dropped the smile as well. “Um... Yeah... We... You see... Um... It's kinda... Well...”



Jess laughed. “Nope, don't see because you haven't said anything yet. Now how about telling us what is going on.”



Mrs. Schmidt tried again. “Well you see. We would like to separate the trio. We have noticed a decline in Willow's behavior being around the boys that much and thought if we maybe put her in a different grade than them and split them up it would be better.”



Tony looked hard a Mrs. Schmidt. “A decline in Willow's behavior?”



Both the principal and Mrs. Schmidt nodded.



Tony's voice went hard. “You mean like when Mr. Richards told her to take off all her clothes and let him play with her and instead of doing what he wanted she ran screaming to the two of you. And from what I remember, you told her to not talk about it and he was a teacher she should listen to him. She then told the boys. If I remember right. They then found out he had been doing more than looking at Melissa Grant.”



Jess took over then. “Yes, I remember hearing how they confronted Mrs. Grant at the Hair Salon and told her that her allowing her child to be that drugged set her up for Mr. Richards to hurt her and she was as much at fault as he was.”



Tony took over. “I remember that he left school screaming the next day before class started. If I remember right he pulled Cordelia Chase in to look at when the trio broke that up.”



The principal started sweating more and the teacher looked pale.



“So you’re saying you want to punish the children for doing what you as educators are suppose to do? I am sure the other parents will agree with me when I tell them about this talk that maybe you both shouldn't be in charge of young, growing, minds.”



Both the principal and the teacher were shaking at this point. They could see the parents in their minds especially when it got out about Cordelia. “No maybe we were being hasty. Yes, keeping the three together would be best.”



Tony looked at Jess. As one, they got up and left the office. The teacher started crying and the principal ran to lock himself in his office. Less than an hour later the mob of angry parents had pulled him out of his office and thrown his stuff out as well as both teachers. Leslie and Officer Rogers where waiting for the disgraced trio of teachers. “So you allowed a pedophile loose on the children and did nothing about it; and then tried to get revenge on the children that stopped it. I'm sure they will love this story in prison.”



With all of three, the adults crying Officer Rogers click cuffs on them and read them their rights. The crowd of parents cheered as they were put into the police cars.



In the back of the group, Mrs. Grant approached Jess. “Jess.”



“Hello Helen, How can I help you?”



“Thank your three for me. I guess I liked the idea of her so calmed down and not running everywhere I didn't think of what I was really doing to her.”



Jess nodded at her.



“And Jess. Alice's is now considered information central. And I admit none of us want to see your three coming but if they need to inform us of something. Alice will get whomever they need to talk to when they need them. We all know someone’s going to be upset when they come. But usually it does help.”



Jess looked at her surprised. Claire Chase came over. “Yes, it is very embarrassing for your three to arrive. But usually it does help. Robert didn't know why Richard was paying him to get Tony to start drinking but he thought it would be funny. With Tony catching Richard’s fraud and everything Robert is worried that he will be tarred with the same brush as Richard.”



Ellen Wells came over. “Yeah, your three do make us want to run when they say our name. But... Tucker is getting help. I just thought it was boys being boys with Tucker picking on Andrew that way. The embarrassment of them pointing it out made sure I would get it stopped. If that is what it takes to make us stop this we are all for it.”



Lisa Blaisdell came over. “Yeah, then again they could do like they did to Chuck. Chuck kept telling Larry to be a man he has to pick on weaker people. You’re three... Larry and I still laugh at the image of when Chuck came home that night after your three proved that picking on the weak was wrong.”



Claire looked at Lisa in surprise. Lisa looked at her explaining. “Chuck had told Larry that he wasn't a man because others didn't fear him. The trio did some things to him. He came home covered in horse shit, clothes shredded, feathered, with the word IDIOT all over his face.”



The women all laughed. Jess shook her head. “Those three. I thought the karate lessons would help.”



Lisa looked at Jess. “That sounds like a nice disciplined sport for them. I'm sure it will, where are they going? I will ask Larry if he wants to go. It would be nice for him to see more sports than football.”



Ellen looked interested as well. “Yes Andrew may like it as well.”





A week later Tony and Jess were back for another Parent/Teacher conference. Only this time the teacher was Officer Rogers father Mr. Rogers, he was also subbing in as principal until a new one was found, and the rest of the bad teachers cleared out. No one wanted to think what would happen if the trio ended up in a class with a bad teacher. Or heard about one.



Mr. Rogers smiled at Jess and Tony. “Well, your three are a handful, not surprising considering their ages and temperaments. Willow is learning to think outside the box and what rules are and when they are important. She had a bad habit of thinking some basic rules shouldn't apply to her. Like gravity.”



Both parents laughed. They had that discussion with her as well. “Give her time I'm sure she will figure out how to work around it.”



Mr. Rogers looked at them sharply. “Yes, that is what has us concerned.”



Both parents sobered and looked at Mr. Rogers intently. He looked back at them. “Do you want me to beat around the bush or do you know something that could help us help them.”



The parents looked at him. He looked at them. “Our matriarch made a comment about the guardian returning with his brother the shield and his sister the red tree to remake the future.”



Tony and Jess nodded. “We know a little. Alexander woke up with a nightmare that seemed to be one version of future we all hope doesn't happen.”



Rogers looked at them. “Any idea if he remembers it.”



Tony looked. “We have it taped. D'Hoffryn moved it to the background.”



Rogers glanced at them sharply. “D'Hoffryn! Ok, so more major than we knew. Is it possible we can get copies of the tapes? I know you want to horde them but the more copies the better chance we can make sure it doesn't happen.”



Tony looked at Rogers. “It wasn't pretty. By the end, it was all we could do to hold him. The gateways came down and demons ran the world. And it seemed it was not lesser demons like is here now.”



Rogers exhaled slowly. “I take it we have time.”



Both parents nodded. Rogers reached for the phone. “Cecilia, could you meet me and some others at the Harris household tonight. Maybe have Lee keep the kids for his later classes. I know there are clan children in there that don't all look human yet. Yeah I think the three could deal with it and it will be better if they learn early about realmers.” He looked at Jess and Tony “Was a slayer involved?” There was a noise on the other end of the phone like a scream “what!” Jess and Tony nodded. “Yeah we need to teach them that not all realmers are evil and other things before the slayer gets here. Does the slayer arrive soon?”



Jess looked at Rogers. “Define soon.”



“Within the next five years.”



“No.”



“Was a watcher with her?”



“Yes.”



“Cecilia ask the matriarch if she wants anyone else there to listen to the tapes.” He let out a shuddering breath as he hung up the phone.



In the hallway, three children looked at each other. “So we get to meet realmers, wonder what they are?”



“Should we let them know we heard?” Xander looked at the others.



“Yes. Especially Rogers. Make it known not to try and keep stuff from us.” The other two nodded in understanding. Whatever was on those tapes was bad, but not something, they needed to know now. They all knew the tapes were no longer the future.



Later that night in the crowded living room of the Harris household, some beings were looking very stoic. Mr. Perkins from the grocery store was shaking his head. Leslie Sands and Officer Rogers were shell-shocked. And around the room, the reactions differed.



Mr. Perkins looked at everyone. “We knew this town was made realmer friendly. Most of our clans came here because of the peace of living without having to worry. To find out Wilkins is doing this for the ascension.”



Officer Rogers looked ashamed. “The buildup of vamps and other harmful demons and the lack of the police to do anything.”



Tony looked at Rogers. “Is that why the child laws in this town are the way they are? Jesse was beaten badly by his mother and according to the city laws, you couldn't remove him. If Steve hadn't signed over custody he would still be there.”



Leslie looked about to cry. “I can think of another forty cases over the last five years that I would of loved to remove the kids from abusive households but I couldn't.”



Jess nodded. “So the children here are being brought up to be sheep ready for the slaughter. It also explains the heavy anti-gay feelings in town. Don't want the food sources to diminish.”



Emily Pinkers looked at Jess. “A lot of our children intermix with the human children. As our children get older, they are more able to pass as human children. The education standards being lowered each year for the last five and by the time the current elementary classes are in High School it will be so low we will fail every state standard makes sense now.”



Mr. Henderson principal of the High School nodded. “The education cuts and budget shifts and mandates from City Hall are making more sense now. However, the issue is how to stop it.”



Emily laughed. “I go have a discussion with the mayor of course. While it coming from some of us can be ignored. But to ignore me...”



Jess looked at Leslie. “It explains why Elleckson kept the pedophile in the elementary school and was trying to get Willow back to sheep status.”



The rest of the people there looked at Jess quickly. “Pedophile in the Elementary School!”



Jess nodded. “Yes, he tried with Willow and she complained. It’s also why the boys confronted Helen Grant after finding out what he was doing Melissa who was so drugged she couldn't have really talked.”



“I take it the pedophile as well as the ones that allowed it are gone.”



Leslie nodded. “Jess got the parents riled up and they threw them out.”



The adults all nodded and continued to make plans. They had a lot to do and about ten years to grow the trio from children into full protectors, and probably a lot more of the town’s children. The idea of the future of their town was not something they wanted.



A week later on the playground at the elementary school. “Hey Larry, why don't you have your mom sign you up for karate with us.” Jesse asked.



“I asked. Dad says it's sissy stuff.” Larry pouted.



Xander looked at Larry. “Is your dad calling Chuck Norris a SISSY?”

Larry got a grin on his face. “Chuck Norris does karate?”



The trio nodded, as Larry's grin got wider.



“Hey Andrew. You and Jonathon going to make karate tonight?”



Andrew and Jonathon looked over at the trio kinda scared. Andrew hesitated before answering. “My mom talked about it but I didn't think you wanted us in there with you?”



Willow laughed. “Come on guys. The more of us in there the better. If we ever have a teacher like that creepy Mr. Richards we can get him before he hurts anyone again.”



Cordelia and Harmony looked at the trio. “But karate isn't good for girls.”



Willow looked at Cordelia. “Improved balance, coordination, and defense. As well as great for keeping in shape as we get older and worry about our figure.”



All the girls giggled. The perfect way to sell it to their parents.



Rick looked at the trio. “And besides being another form of aggression what can boys get out of it?”



Jesse smirked. “Actually Karate is about learning control and discipline as well as helping relieve the anxiety and excessive energy of youth.”



Rick and the other boys smiled.



“And Chuck Norris does it.” Jesse added with a laugh.



Everyone laughed at that.



Peter came over “You guys thinking of joining Cub Scouts?”

Xander shook his head “Willow couldn't join with us. They would want her in Girl Scouts and that doesn't sound as fun. Also dad was talking he doesn't like how the Scouts are against gays. He said everyone has the right to happiness.”



Larry shuddered. “My dad is so against gays.”



Willow looked at him. “Why.”



“He says they aren't real men.”



“Your father is warped you know that Larry.”



Larry nodded. “You have no idea. He was mad because mom bought a premade dinner the other night instead of cooking it. He went on how she’s the woman and her job is to cook and clean. She looked at him and told him if he was supporting them without her working maybe. But if she is working then he is helping clean. You could hear him yelling at her, until she threw the chicken at him, then the potatoes, then the veggies, and gravy and started at the silverware. I think he's still over at his parents.”



Cordy piped up. “I think my mom was talking to your mom the other day. Mom was telling her that yeah looks are nice but if they can't afford to keep you in style, they should be dropped. She was going on how your dad didn't live up to his potennel and should be traded in for a better one.”



The teacher on yard duty came up while Cordy was talking.”Potential do you mean.”



Cordy shrugged. The teacher looked at everyone. “And why is everyone over here.”



Xander looked at her. “We are talking about taking Karate.”



The teacher looked at Xander, “Everyone?”



The trio smiled at her and she nodded then walked away. A small ways away, she shuddered. “Oh Heaven help everyone if they all do. I hope they have a great teacher.” Mr. Rogers heard her and looked at her; she looked over at him “The trio is trying to get everyone into Karate classes.”



He nodded. “After Richards can you blame them? I know the trio are going to Lee's Dojo.”



That afternoon as while some of the more advanced kids were working on their forms, Mr. Lee noticed the increase of elementary school age children and their parents. He and a few of his assistants were signing a bunch of the kids up for class he looked at one. “Why the sudden interest.”



Andrew looked at him. “Xander said it was ok if we came to class as well. He was saying it would help us with discipline and control as well if we have another bad teacher.”



Lee looked started for a minute then nodded. Looking as more students came in. He looked at Andrew. “How many do you think are coming?”



Andrew’s mother looked at Mr. Lee “Every child in elementary school. So about a 300 total.”



Mr. Lee chocked. “Three Hundred!”



Ellen Wells smiled. “I think only about fifty today. The others will come in on different days but since the trio is here today the others wanted to be in the same class.”



Lee nodded. “The trio... of course. Steve, Mark, see about getting the larger room ready.”



The two teens nodded. Claire Chase looked at Lee. “I understood this was good for girls as well yet I don't see many.”



Mr. Lee smiled as four of the senior girls came over to help as well. Claire smiled and looked at them. “Cindi I didn't realize you took karate.”



Cindi looked at Claire. “I stared in Karate as a child Mrs. Chase, now I do Tai Bo and other forms that help a lot with cheer leading and dancing. As well as making sure my dates don't get too grabby.”



Claire smiled. “That’s great dear and exactly what I am hoping for, for Cordelia.”



Cindi smiled and said conspiratorially. “Then again the boys in the classes are not ones I have to worry about. They usually are some of the most mannered and polite boys. It’s the heathens that aren't in here. Some of the girls have said they won’t date a boy ‘til after they get a black belt from here now.”



Most of the mothers there laughed at that and the girls mothers were all relieved.



Hours later after all the small kids were gone and the High School and older kids were still around with some of the demon children Mr. Lee looked at Cindi. “You seemed surprised to see them.”



Cindi nodded. “I never thought I would see Claire Chase doing something for her daughter that would be other than dressing her up as a Barbie. And the number of kids here. That was shocking and a little scary.”



One of the others came by. “They had a pedophile at the elementary school that the principal was leaving alone. The parents are upset to say the least. And the trio have been pimping the program. They even have Lisa Blaisdell on their side and was able to get around Chuck by laughing at him calling Chuck Norris a Sissy.” Everyone laughed at that one.



Lee looked over at all the older students. “If even a fraction of the amount they thought was going to come, come we will need to move some of you to helping the younger students.”



“It would be nice if some of the other children our age came to class as well.”



Everyone looked around and spotted Xander in the shadow. “Alexander shouldn't you be at home now?”



Xander looked at Mr. Lee. “There are more people in town than just those in the elementary school. It would be best if we saw some of the others. Let the parents meet them this way as well. We need to stop the division before the Slayer gets here.” Everyone was looking at Xander. The tone and inflection of the voice was not of the boy they knew.



“The Slayer?”



“Yes, the Mayor is now trying to hide the buildup for the ascension because Mrs. Pickers confronted him. However, he isn't stopping it. The Slayer will still come, and if she comes to an area that is stable and knows who and what she is and about realmers the Watcher with her will have it easier to break the spells the council put on him.”



Xander then shook and looked at Mr. Lee. “Why am I here? I thought I was at home.”



Cindi smiled, “Come on Alexander, let me call Jess then I will take you home.”



Xander nodded. “Boy if this is sleepwalking I must really have been excited for the next class.”



Mr. Lee nodded and glanced at some of the others. Many were slipping away to make phone calls to their clans. Whatever was talking through the boy was going to be listened to.



A month later Larry looked at Mr. Rogers. “Why doesn't Echarro have to come to school with us?”



Most of the class nodded. “Yeah, why is he so lucky?”



“Yeah he’s our age he should be in here with us.”



Mr. Rogers looked shocked. “Um… Echarro isn't the same as you and most parents would be upset with him here.”



Cordelia looked at Mr. Rogers. “Mom said it was a shame the school was segregated like it was. She thought they had stopped that.”



Mr. Rogers looked at Cordelia. “Segregated. Um... Well yes. Um. It would mean a lot more students and some schedules would have to switch.”



All the students just stared at him. “Um. Right. I will look into it.”



The kids nodded after that and went back to talking and working on their writing. Mr. Rogers let out a breath. 'That was not planned. Wonder what the Matriarch will say.'



After the next PTA meeting that month where again the Segregation was brought up the school schedule shifted and the classes doubled. All young went to the elementary school. The Mayor turned fuchsia when informed about the change and that the students expected it all through school. And the funding for schooling needed to increase and since the revenue had a large portion going to a special project. Well that special project just got canceled much to the Mayors anger. And the remarks about no election recently seemed to really get him mad. As well as people commenting about problems that he let grow and maybe a new mayor was needed.



“What are realmers? Never heard that term before.”



Paul looked up. “Realmers are what we call ourselves. We are from other realms than this one. Some other dimensions close to this one or able to mix with this one. Demons are from dimensions that are more violent and are more out to destroy others. Many like to use demon for both classification while most realmers are not violent except when they find themselves attacked by violent beings. Think of them of as people similar to yourself with a different structure. Like a Clan or something.



At the meeting, the next month where both realmer parents as well as human were there the idea of scouts was brought up by Peter's mother. One of the realmers looked at her. “What do your scouts say about realmers in them?”



The problem was discussed and a new program was agreed upon. Since scouting like to segregate, the girls and boys and the children were fighting the separation a new group would be formed for all children. Since everyone in the elementary school also attended the Karate classes there was other classes some about the different cultures as well as educational for all the children. Mr. Lee looked at the parents. “The more they knew the easier for the Watcher to break the spells.” Most of the parents looked at him in surprise.



Jess looked over. “Alexander?”



He nodded. “The night he came back to the dojo. That was one of his comments.”



Claire Chase looked at Jess. “Major.” Jess nodded.



“What do we need to do?”



“Support the children. Make sure they don't isolate themselves. Make sure they grow up strong.”



“And what is a Watcher.”



Mr. Rogers looked over. “That is a little harder to explain.”



Claire looked at him. “Then simplify it.” A lot of the human parents nodded since it seemed the realmers knew what about it.



Mr. Rogers looked across the room. “Centuries ago a tribe in Africa wanting to get out of a deal with a clan of realmers decided to create a slayer. They tied a young girl of the tribe in a cave and called for a demon to take her over. Once the demon essence entered the girl they caste spell after spell to control the essence and have it work for them. Over the decades the men controlling the girl became known as the Watchers.”



Jess looked at him. “And the girl.”



One of the realmers looked at her. “Cannon fodder.”



All the humans looked horrified. Mr. Rogers nodded. “The girls are activated when around 13-15 years of age. The watchers train them to kill without thought, so good, neutral, and evil; all are targets of the slayers. The slayers fight alone while the watchers sit back and record. When a girl dies, the essence activates the next one and the cycle continues. It is highly unusual for a slayer to live a year after she is called. Because she will attack without thought, even those that are peaceful find ourselves having to defend from them. Many have died trying to take out peaceful clans because their watchers tell them all are evil.”



“So by making sure everyone in town handles their own problems and we work together if/when a slayer gets here their entire system will crash because the humans would side against her as well. And spells on the watcher?”



“The Watchers demand obedience of their members. The way it sounds they got a rebel back in the midst and most likely by covering him in spells and controls.”



“How sure are we of this?” Lisa Blaisdell asked.



Mr. Rogers looked at her. “We are a redo because of a wish for the annihilation that happened last time to the Earth to not happen now. From what I understand it is our only chance.”



Claire looked over. “The Trio?”



Jess looked at Claire “Not only the trio, there were many involved. Some in minor ways some in major but everyone in Sunnydale is involved. Since Sunnydale was involved.”



Lisa Blaisdell. “So what all do the children need to know so they can change it? My boy needs to learn that football and bullying are not all there is to life. And if anyone wants a lump for a husband, you can have Chuck he is useless.”



“Rogers I have a question. The boy called it the Hellmouth. Yet the gateway is neutral not evil. Why would he call it evil and an evil taint like radiation to fill the town.” One of the realmer parents asked.



Rogers and the others looked at each other in shock. "Good question Charrark. The portal is neutral, and leads to many dimensions. Many that are considered angelic as well as hell based.”



Mr. Lee looked over. “Unless someone caste things on it to try and warp it.”



Claire looked over. “It seems there is a lot we don't know or understand. However, I am sure Cordelia will have an excellent understanding of all this when she gets older.”



Mr. Rogers blushed, a light green, causing many of the human parents to laugh.



After a few more hours, the meeting broke up with many lesson plans for the children. They will be studying each clan and species to get a better understanding and language lessons in more languages than could be thought of were heading for the children.