Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


Family

By danu40k

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

&&&&&

Remus came in, tired and happy. This was the first time in a long time that someone could be with him when he transformed into a werewolf. Padfoot, Sirius’ Animagus form’s name, came bounding up the steps, then changed back into Sirius.

Xander met them at the top of the stairs, a cup of Chamomile tea in his hand. He handed this to Remus. “Go get changed into the swimsuit I put on your bed then come down the pool area. I want you in the hot tub. After that I’ll rub you down with Harry’s help. He said it was something he wanted to learn so you get to be the patient. After the rub down I’ll have Sirius help you up to your room where you can get some sleep.”

They both nodded and headed up to their room.

&&&&&

The next day, the family had Arthur Weasley as a guest. Ron was proudly showing him his new broom when Xander came in, “Family meeting now in the study.” He told them. Ron looked at his father. “Yes that means us as well. That’s why I’m here. We are both going to consult for them.” Ron nodded. He had been doing that for Harry and Xander since he had arrived.

The study was smaller than the library and cozier as well. It was cream colored with tan trim. The furniture was a light brown color. On the window facing the room from the right of the door was a stain glass of the family founder, facing front with his sword piercing a horned helm.

Against the wall facing the door was a large fireplace, the Potter family crest hanging above it.

A helm, black on the outside, red on the inside, with Darkwood’s Own stabbed through it top to bottom - To show the defeat of the Dark Lord, Alan Bane. On a background of gold with red trim. The crest held in place by Griffins on each side.

There was a desk covered in paperwork to the right of the fireplace facing towards the door with a small window behind it, and filing cabinets against the wall from the desk to the door.

Xander sat at the desk while the rest of the family took seats on the couch and in the chairs. Tuck had moved them from facing the fireplace to facing the desk.

“First up are alliances. Harry, we have unofficial alliances with the Black family,” he pointed at Sirius, “And the Weasley family.” He pointed at Arthur. “I’m proposing that we make them formal. Basically it will give us, and them, all a bit more power in the Wizengamot, and also gives us added protection since we would be coming to the others aid. Now Arthur and Sirius have both told me that there is an alliance between the Longbottoms and the Potters, so we need to arrange a time to go over things with Mrs. Longbottom.”

“What’s the downside?” Harry asked.

“Basically, if something happens; such as what happened to you last year where everyone thought you were the Heir of Slytherine, or even I when it comes out that I’m from the Hellmouth, things will look bad to the others in the alliance. However since everyone in the alliance is considered working for the light, then it wont give us that much grief.” Xander answered.

“We will also be bringing out the family history to show that you are the heir of Gryffindor and Potter and that I am the heir of Ravenclaw. That will also give us more weight on the Wizengamot.” He added.

Ron looked at his friend, “You’re actually related to Gryffindor? I mean it was always assumed…But really related to him?”

Harry nodded and had Dobby get the family history book.

Together they looked up the founder of the family.

&&&&&

Gwalchmei was the son of a family that were directly related to Bedwyr one of the Knights of the Round Table and cousin to Arthur. He had been known as the peacemaker among the group and was also considered to be some sort of magic user since he could speak to animals.

Gwalchmei was squired to Lord Gryffindor at the age of eight and when he grew old enough to follow his Master into battle he did so when his Lord went to battle against the Dark Lord Alan Bane.

When he saw his Lord and Master fall he went into the fray to save his master’s life, ending up battling Alan Bane himself.

No one knows what happened but in the end he had wrested the Dark Lords Sword, Deaths Door (rumored to have been made of material from Death’s own Door) from Alan Bane and turn it against its Master.

Gwalchmei was knighted for his actions and given the hand of Lord Gryffindor’s granddaughter Mary Bridget, thereby allying his house with the Gryffindor House forever.

During the Middle Ages Cardin (Given his own families rank) came to be squired to the King himself. And like his ancestor, came to adulthood during a time when the land was battling a Dark Lord and his followers.

Cardin destroyed the Dark Lord using Death’s Door (Or Darkwood’s Own as it had become named) and saving the King’s life from being assassinated by a member of the high ranking families by the sir name of Malick.

The King had the Malick head of family arrested and executed for his role in the attempted overthrow of the King and had the family’s rank taken from them and their lands turned over to the crown.

The King had also knighted Cardin and had given him the King’s daughter as a reward raising the young Earl to the rank of Duke and gaining the enemy of the Malick family.

The Malick family later married with the Foys from France becoming the Malfoy family who had carried on the hatred of the ancestors of the Potter family.

&&&&&

Ron looked at Harry in awe. Harry shrugged. “The lines that held the Gryffindor lineage were slowly killed off by the various Dark Lords until only my family was left.” Harry told him. Adding, “Please don’t let this ruin our friendship.”

Ron stared at him for a moment then slugged him on the shoulder. “Nah mate, we’re good.” Arthur gave Ron a small hug while Harry beamed.

Xander looked at Ron, “Harry and I are related to the Ravenclaw line through our mothers. My mother was the eldest so the head of the Ravenclaw line comes to me. But Harry’s got a prophecy about him where that is concerned.

“Basically during the crusades, our ancestor was on the wrong side of the battle allying himself with the Dark Lord of the time. For this he and his line were cursed. Basically there would only be a person of wand magic born once every three generations. Until such time as a “Child Born of Power” was born - Harry. Then the line would split and one would be magical - Harry’s - and one would not - Dudley’s.

“I have no idea if my mom was magical; however I am, just not Wizarding type. I started to do magic when I was around sixteen. I didn’t get any formal training until I went into the woods.”

At Ron and Arthur’s blank looks Xander told them the censored version, getting a nod of understanding from them.

“Anyway Harry, we want you opinion on the alliance. Should we keep it informal or should we formalize it?” Xander said bring the meeting back on course.

Harry shrugged. “I can’t see why not. It sounds like it would be good for the family.”

Xander nodded and then slapped his hand on the table, “Approved. Now on to the next item on the agenda; the press. Whether we want to or not we need to do an interview with you Harry. Sirius and I have done one to help alleviate the problem, but we will need you to do one to get them off everyone’s backs. We have given them pictures showing you in good health, but the public needs to see it for themselves. One of the photographers got a picture of you at Sirius’ trial and the public has been clamoring ever since.”

Harry nodded. He understood it even if he didn’t like it.

“Personally, I want to do it the same time we announce the alliances. That way we can get everything out of the way at once. We still have to go shopping for school supplies so I thought that we would hold the press conference the day after. That, along with glamours, should get us though the shopping trip.”

Everyone nodded at that.

 

“Ok the next item is classes. I know you want to take divination, but you will need more than that to take over the family. As a Peer of the Realm, you are looked at to lead. Which means college and you can’t get into that without math. I can see you getting the English you need from your essays and such, but I will have you also reading the classics as well just in case.” Xander said looking at Harry.

“If you still want to take divination, then I’ll get a tutor during the summer. Frankly, divination can only really be taught to someone who has the gift by someone who has the gift and the more I hear about the teacher there, the more I think she is a quack. So no, I don’t want you to take it.” He continued with Harry nodding his understanding.

“I agree. Ever since camp, where we got a chance to see how brooms were made, I’ve thought about changing my classes to runes and arithmacy. It will be harder, but I think it will be better for me in the long run.” Harry told Xander.

Ron nodded. “Yeah I figured I would as well. That class was fun. I can’t believe how much you can do with runes. So I’ll probably change out my divination class for runes.”

Arthur gave Ron a hug. “Good. Like Xander said, it will be better for you in the long run.”

“I’ll write the school and have them change your classes then.” Xander wrote himself a note to do that after the meeting was over with. “Now I think that is all, unless any of you have something to add.” He looked at everyone in the room getting no response. “Ok, this meeting is adjourned.” Xander slapped his hand on the table to signify this.

As everyone was getting up, Xander called out, “Arthur if you could get a hold of the Longbottoms and set up an appointment I would appreciate it.”

Arthur nodded as he shook hands with Xander. “I’ll do that as soon as I get home.”

Xander had Ron show his father out while he got down to the business of writing letters. He knew that he would have to confront the headmaster before school started, but he needed to have his ducks in a row before he did.

&&&&&

 

Xander was finally able to get together with Mrs. Longbottom a few days later. Mr. Weasley had set up the appointment and they were on their way to meet the Longbottom’s at the Leaky Cauldron.

While Xander was in the meeting with the matriarch of the Longbottom family, Harry, Ron, and Neville would be doing their shopping for school with Remus and Sirius under glamour as their bodyguard.

&&&&&

 

The meeting lasted several hours as they hashed out the agreements of the alliance making sure both sides were equal. Finally everything was finished and they were just waiting for the boys to get back from their shopping.

When the boys did come in, Neville excitedly showed his gran his new wand. Xander noticed that she got an uptight face and before he could say anything, Sirius came over and told her that it was his fault. They had to take Ron to get a new wand since his old one had been broken the previous spring, and Mr. Olivander automatically started to fit Neville as well.

He had no idea that Neville had been using his father’s wand.

 

She sucked in a large breath as though to yell, then just sighed. Looking at her grandson she asked him to show her his new wand as she led him to the floo.

“So did you get everything done?” Asks Xander. Harry and Ron nod, showing their bags which held everything shrunken down. And then Ron proudly holds up his barn owl that he had picked up.

Xander looks at it. “Cool. What are you going to name it?”

“Simba, after the Lion King” He proudly proclaims. “He’s kind of regal looking so he should be the king of the owls.” he finishes.

Xander looks at the owl, and sure enough he had that regal look to his face as though he was above such things.

“Cool.” Xander patted Ron on the head. Then summoned Tuck to take everything back to the Manor.

Once that was done he led them all outside where he summoned a taxi to take them to lunch.

&&&&&

After lunch, Xander led them to a shop he had searched out. He planned on getting an earring and thought that Harry might want one as well. He at least was going to talk to him about it. He, Sirius, and Remus had discussed the matter and hoped that if he got one then they could turn it into an emergency portkey. That way the boys could get away in an emergency if they had too.

They had already discussed this with Mr. Weasley and gotten his permission and the advice to keep Ron at the Manor for the rest of the summer so that he could slowly talk to his wife about it.

Ron and Harry gave him strange looks as the headed into the Koi Studio. There were all sorts of weird people there with piercings and tattoos.

Xander headed in and began to look around, forcing the boys to follow.

Sirius was also looking at some of the items there.

“Ah…Xander? Why are we here?” Asks Harry.

“I’ve been meaning to get a piercing for awhile now and I thought since we were out and about today that I would do it now.” Xander told them while still looking.

“Mum would go spar if she saw this place.” Ron says.

Remus took the boys aside and told them just WHY they were thinking about an earring.

Ron looks at him, “as though mum’s going to go for that.”

“Actually, we got permission from your dad to do it if you wanted.” Xander said as he came back to be by Harry.

Ron’s eyes light up. And he began to look over everything.

Harry thought about it for a bit, and then slowly followed everyone into the store proper.

Xander and Sirius already had an idea as to what they wanted, so Xander waved an employee over to talk to the kids and explain things to them and answer their questions.

Soon their choices made and permissions signed they are led into the back room where DJ pierces each of them, with Sirius getting three.

Xander, Harry, and Ron also got an over the ear cuff of a lion.

Ron wanted to get a tattoo while they were at it, but Xander nixed that by telling him he had to wait until he was eighteen otherwise his body would stretch it out of shape as he grew. Besides they could probably get away with the piercing, but there was no WAY that they could get rid of the tat before Ron’s mom found out.

Ron sighed and nodded his head.

Xander put his arm over Ron’s shoulders and told him that if he really wanted a tattoo, then to start to design it now so he would be all ready when the time was right.

Ron nodded again, though this time he had a small grin on his face.

Harry, touching his new earring, grins and says; “Just think what Hermione is going to say when she finds out that we got an earring before she did.”

Ron’s answering grin was all they needed to start laughing as they headed home.

&&&&&

The next day the group got up and made sure that they were wearing their best outfits since it was the day of the press conference.

Harry had been allowed to come in and use Xander’s tub and Xander made sure that everyone’s dress robes were pressed and their shoes shined.

They arrive at the Ministry where they are greeted by the new Minister of Magic, Jacob Ashton Seeley.

Fudge’s ministry had fallen in the intervening weeks since Sirius’ trial and Minister Seeley had run on a no corruption platform. Promising that he would go over every department with a fine tooth comb to make sure it was clean.

With all the fallout from the Fudge administration, Mr. Weasley’s award had had to be put off until now. So everyone had agreed to have the press conference as well.

They started off with the award then moved away to Harry and Xander, with questions coming fast and furious.

Finally everyone was done and the reporters leaving to file their stories; leaving the group to head off.

&&&&&

End Chapter Eight

z88;