Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


Dean couldn’t help staring at Sam as they tumbled back into the cabin. The younger vampire was a natural at hunting, though a bit messy in the eating area but still relatively neat for a newborn. Sam caught him staring and swallowed nervously but Dean just grinned and Sam relaxed.

“Shower Sammy.” Dean urged him towards the bathroom, yanking Sam’s blood covered shirt up and Sam helped him remove it. Sam chewed on his lip nervously as Dean slowly backed him towards the bathroom. Sure Dean had spent the last month taking care of all his needs, including helping him shower but this was different and they both knew it. Sure they’d kissed when he’d woken up from his change but he was nervous. He’d spent his life on the road, Dean had been his first kiss but not his last. He’d had the occasional night out after a bad hunt but this was his first attempt at a relationship and he was scared he was going to screw it up.
“What’s wrong?” Dean asked, sensing his reluctance.

“How...what are you expecting?” Sam asked softly and Dean grinned.

“Whatever you’re giving.” Was he answer and Sam relaxed a bit. He let Dean pull him into the shower and they washed the blood off each other. Sam exploring Dean’s body in a way he hadn’t been able to from the shower stool. Dean was quite happy to return the attention and they shared several deep kisses, tongues duelling and teeth clashing occasionally. They stayed in the shower until the water ran cold and then had fun drying each other and then redressing to lie on the bed.
“How are you doing?” Dean asked, rolling onto his side to stare down at Sam. Sam smiled up at him and wrapped an arm around his shoulders to pull him down into a kiss.

“Okay. It’s weird to actually have energy now. I’d kind of gotten used to feeling like I was falling apart.” Sam admitted and Dean growled softly making Sam laugh.
“I’m happy Dean, happier than I’ve been in a long time and it’s all thanks to you.” Sam whispered and then kissed him again.

“Good. I hated seeing you so sick all the time. It’s nice to be able to hold you and not worry about accidently breaking you.” Dean told him with a grin and Sam laughed, rolling them to pin Dean to the bed.

“Watch it, trained hunter here. I think you might be the one at risk of being broken.”

“We should see how you compare to Jasper one day, hunter versus ex-soldier.” Dean said with a grin and Sam shook his head.

“I may have been trained by an ex-marine but I think I’ll skip thanks. Jasper’s got how many years experience?”

“Well he did fight in the civil war.” Dean answered with a teasing grin and Sam slapped him lightly.

“So what happens next?”

“Whatever we want. We can go back to Forks if you want or settle somewhere by ourselves or even travel if you’d like. Of course if we’re going to be near any people we’ll need to make sure you can control yourself.” Dean said and Sam looked away.

“What...what if I can’t? I don’t want to hurt anyone.” Sam said softly and Dean sighed.

“Sam I promise I will do anything I can to make sure that doesn’t happen.” Dean told him.

“But?”

“But it could happen. There are precautions we can take like making sure you’re well fed and that we aren’t anywhere crowded.” Dean told him and Sam nodded.

“Have you ever...did you slip up when you were new?” Sam asked and Dean shrugged.

“Almost. Jasper hit me with a wave of lethargy and Emmett pinned me till the hikers were long gone. Jasper has the hardest time; he fed on humans for a very long time. Carlisle’s never tasted human blood, neither has Rosalie. All the others have.” Dean explained.
“None of us will look down on you if you slip up and we will help you if it does happen.” They both started at an unexpected sound and looked down at Sam’s stomach.

“I think I’m hungry?” Sam hesitated at Dean’s incredulous look.

“But...oh hell, come on. I think I saw something in the cupboards. Fair warning, it should taste like dirt, at least it does to the rest of us. But if your heart’s still beating...I don’t know Sam.” Dean was rambling as he opened the cupboards and then found a can of vegetable soup. Sam grinned and took it from him, heating it quickly and then drinking it down without care for the high heat.
“Well?” Dean asked as Sam finished. Sam grinned and licked his lips.

“Yum.” Dean just stared at him in shock at that.

“You’re serious? That tastes good?”

“Yeah. And I’m still hungry. Think pizza delivers here?” Sam asked, grinning madly and Dean just shook his head but dug out his phone to make the call. Sam paced the cabin as they waited and Dean answered the door, taking the pizza and drink before shoving money at the delivery guy, not wanting Sam to catch his scent too strongly just in case. But Sam had eyes only for the box Dean was holding. He tossed it to Sam who opened it and began eating with Dean watching in disgust.

“That’s just gross. Doesn’t it smell bad?”

“Nope.” Sam took a big drink from the bottle of coke and Dean just sat back to watch.

“You’ll definitely fit in better than the rest of us. And you didn’t even seem to notice the guy delivering it so maybe we don’t have to worry too much about you trying to eat someone, just whatever food they have on them.” Dean teased and then grinned as he detected a very faint blush on Sam’s cheeks. His mate still ate and blushed, he really had the best of both worlds with his Sam.
“You feeling tired or anything? We don’t sleep but then again we don’t eat either.” Dean asked and Sam stopped to think.

“Not at the moment, guess we’ll have to wait and see.”

---------------------------------
Bobby picked up his phone as it rang even as he flipped through a book.

“Singer.”

“Hey Bobby.” He nearly dropped the phone as a familiar voice sounded and yet it was different. He could hear the energy that had been missing the last few months.

“Sam? Is that you?” He couldn’t believe it. He knew Dean would be doing whatever it was he had to soon but Sam was meant to not really be himself for at least a year. But then...

“It’s me Bobby. I’m okay now, I wanted you to know that.”

“So it worked? Whatever Dean was going to do?” Bobby asked softly, imagining Sam as pale as Dean and with his odd coloured eyes. He heard Sam chuckle softly on the other end.

“Yeah. But you know me, nothing supernatural ever goes how it should.”

“That’s how you’re able to talk to me?” Bobby smiled, yeah Sam was right about how things usually went around him.

“Yeah. Should have seen Dean’s face when I downed a can of soup! I...I’m happy Bobby and I’m healthy again.”

“That’s all that matters kiddo.”

“Dean thinks I’ll probably be okay around people soon, maybe even now but we don’t want to rush things.”

“So what will you do?” Bobby asked, wanting to know Sam would be happy and safe.

“Not sure, we have a few options. Dean said we can even travel overseas!” Bobby smiled at that, Sam had always wanted to go somewhere other than America but it hadn’t really been an option before.

“Sounds fun. Just be careful okay?”

“I will Bobby. I wish...it’s not fair I can’t see you. I don’t look sick anymore Bobby, I don’t want that to be your last memory of me.” Sam said softly and Bobby sighed.

“I can hear it in your voice Sam. I’m just happy you’re okay now.”

“Dean said I have to go now. I’ll try to call you again sometime, promise.” Sam told him and Bobby swallowed.

“Alright, just don’t put yourself in danger to do it. Good luck son.” Bobby finished on a whisper and the line was silent for a minute.

“Love you Uncle Bobby.” Sam finally answered and then the line went dead.

TBC...
Should Bobby get to see Sam again?