Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


They’d been on the road for nearly a year. Dean had taken to hunting easily and the two were happy saving people and stopping evil. Dean had been amused when they’d run across some ‘vampires’, he’d had fun ripping their heads off while Sam watched in fond delight. They kept in contact with the other Cullen’s and Bobby but other than that they kept to themselves, it was safer that way. Any hunter that had known Sam would know he wasn’t human any longer and they didn’t want to have to defend themselves from a well meaning hunter. While they took any job Bobby sent their way or that Sam found they were searching for one in particular. Old Yellow Eyes would get Sam only over Dean’s scattered ashes. They were looking for him to finish John’s work, of course they weren’t really sure how they were going to do that, yet...

------------------------------
“I found it!” Bobby exclaimed and Sam frowned, shrugging when Dean looked at him.

“That’s nice Bobby but what exactly have you found?” He asked, leaning back on the motel bed.

“The only gun that can kill anything supernatural.” Bobby answered and Sam sat up, eyes wide. Dean’s jaw actually dropped in shock.

“Are you serious?” Sam whispered and he could hear the sound Bobby made as he nodded.

“Yep, head for Colorado. There’s a nest of vampires, took out a hunter named Elkins who used to be a friend of your Dad’s. He had it the whole time and now they do. Be careful, we don’t know if they know what they’ve got. If they do you’re both actually at risk.” Bobby warned and Sam smiled at the concern in the mortal’s voice.

“Love you too Uncle Bobby. I promise we’ll be careful.” Sam promised before saying goodbye and hanging up.

“A gun that could kill even us....I’d never have thought it was possible.” Dean murmured and Sam pulled him into his arms.

“We need to be careful Dean, for them to even take the gun it suggests someone knows what it is. I can’t lose you.” Sam whispered, gently kissing down Dean’s neck.

“You won’t. We’ll be careful, call Alice and see if she can see anything to help.” Dean answered, moving to kiss his husband and Sam nodded. Dean pulled out his own phone, chuckling when it rang before he could dial, Sam just rolled his eyes at Alice’s actions.

--------------------------------------
Sam was crouched in the bushes, waiting with baited breath as Dean slipped into the abandoned looking barn. Every sense was tuned to his mate and the sleeping vampires around him as Dean searched for the Colt. They were trusting Alice’s assurances that Dean’s ability to hide would let him move around and not wake the vampires from their daily sleep. He tensed as he felt some movement coming from the ones in the room Dean had just left but they seemed to settle down pretty quickly...until Dean tried to leave. Sam snarled and left his hiding place to literally smash through a wall and decapitate two nearby vampires. He saw Dean go down under a pile, the Colt flying from his hands as he fought. And then Sam felt his world freeze as a vampire picked up the Colt and aimed at Dean. The bullet left the barrel and Sam knew he was screaming. Dean turned to look at him, eyes wide, and then he was moving but too slowly. Sam would not lose him!

Dean froze as the bullet simply stopped a few inches from his head, panting for unneeded air as he realised how close he’d come to truly dying. He looked around and then there was Sam, face locked in a snarl of rage, hand outstretched towards the bullet. He’d been right back when he’d though Sam might have other powers thanks to the demon blood. And he’d never been more thankfully for being right about something.

“Sam?” He whispered and Sam relaxed a little, the bullet dropping harmlessly to the floor. They both turned to the male vampire who had shot at Dean to see him backing away.
“Give us the Colt and we’ll leave. We aren’t here for you.” Dean stated, figuring it was better that Sam stay quiet.

“What would you want it for?” Luther asked.

“To kill a demon.” Sam answered tightly.

“You’ll let us live?” Luther asked and Dean nodded. Luther thought it over and then tossed the gun to Dean.
“Go.” Dean tucked the gun away and grabbed Sam’s arm, pulling him away.

“We’re going to let them live! He tried to kill you Dean!” Sam snarled and Dean pulled him into his arms, holding Sam close and relishing the sound of his slow and faint heartbeat.

“We’ve got what we came for Sam, let another hunter finish them off.” He soothed and Sam slowly calmed, eventually nodding.
“Thanks for the save.”

“I don’t know how I did it.” Sam murmured, shivering as he went over what had happened, if that power hadn’t shown up he’d have lost Dean, the only reason he’d agreed to becoming a vampire in the first place.

“I’ve suspected you might have other powers since you met the pack. When you got mad at them I felt...something. Now that you know you can do that we should figure out ways for you to practise.” Dean answered as he got into the Impala’s passenger seat. He’d been surprised to find he’d learned to appreciate the old car, maybe because he’d driven it so much while Sam was sick. Now days they traded off driving duties.

--------------------------------------------
“Nice little trick.” Bobby spun around at the words, hand pulling a gun from his jeans as he stared at the man who had gained entrance to his home. He swallowed down his fear as the Devil’s Traps cracked and were rendered useless. Staring into yellow eyes he realised exactly what had come knocking, aimed and fired. The rock salt did nothing.
“Nothing personal hunter, but I need to send dear Sammy a message.” Bobby screamed in pain as he was slammed into the wall and then raised to the ceiling, blood beginning to drip from his stomach.
“Good bye.” The demon vanished and the room exploded in flames.

Sam woke up screaming.

TBC...