Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup

Author's Chapter Notes:
Backlash hits Dean, and his life has just gotten that much more complicated.

Chapter: World of Ice
Series: Cleanser Arc #2
Fandom: Supernatural
Author: Danyella Skyler Silverfire
Website: None
Rating: PG
Genre(s): General
Pairing(s): None
Summery: Backlash hits Dean, and his life has just gotten that much more complicated.
Warnings: Spoilers for 1X16 Shadows.
Disclaimer: Checks reality meter (It's remarkably Magic Eight Ball shaped). {{shake}}{{shake}} Do I own Supernatural? Nope still the right reality. Go eat a tuna sandwich instead. {{stares}} Damn.
Author's Note: Not much to say. Though I finally wrote down what a Cleanser is.
Word Count: 1,007 World of Ice

Dean sat huddled under every blanket they had on top of the second bed inside the new hotel room shivering like he had hypothermia as Sam sat in front of him cleaning the cuts on his face.

"You okay?" Sam asked quietly as he rinsed off the washcloth.

"No!" Dean gritted out through clenched teeth as he tried not to let them chatter. "We almost died, then that funky blue fire saved us, I passed out, and now I'm freezing!" Dean snapped.

"Yeah, about that. Do you know what happened?" Sam asked as he grabbed Dean's jaw to move his head to a better angle.

"No!" Dean growled before pausing.

"What?" Sam asked pausing and pulling back slightly when he saw is older brother's suddenly thoughtful look.

"It's nothing... I just felt something..." Dean paused as his body shivered violently again. "...spark is all."

"'Spark'? 'Spark' how?" Sam questioned as he went back to cleaning Dean's face.

Dean was quiet as he thought if over trying to figure out what happened as well as how to put it into words. "Where's Dad?" Dean asked in a seemingly sudden shift in topic.

Sam smiled slightly realizing that from an outsider's point of view - that he had only gotten after leaving for four years - it would seem like Dean was changing the subject. But Sam knew that it was actually Dean asking for important information as he thought over the problem.

"Getting his truck and checking out the hotel to see what happened." Sam frowned as he studied the now cleaned cuts on Dean's face. "I think you're going to need a couple stitches. Let me get a better light and make sure." Getting up Sam went over to the duffle sitting on the other bed and dug around in it briefly for the flashlight in it.

"Do you know why I'm so cold?" Dean asked worried. "This isn't normal."

"I would say shock if it was anyone else." Sam said as he grabbed Dean's jaw again. "Close your eyes." Flicking on the flashlight and shining it on the cuts he inspected them closely as he continued. "Maybe the Daeva's are the cause, except Dad and I aren't having the same symptoms. Or maybe it has something to do with that 'funky blue fire'." Sam flicked off the flashlight and let go of Dean's face. "You're lucky, no stitches this time, just butterfly bandages."

Dean frowned thoughtfully before wincing as he pulled on the cuts. "Maybe. Are you sure there's no more blankets?"

Sam laughed and shook his head as he carefully applied the bandages to the cuts. "Yeah I'm sure. I even took the ones out of the car. Let me see one of your hands."

Dean carefully untangled one of his blankets and pressed one shaking, ice cold hand against Sam's neck causing him to yelp in surprise.

"Crap. Your hand's freezing. No wonder you're cold. Look, be careful while I get you something hot to drink okay?" Sam said as he handed Dean one of the guns.

"Yeah, be careful yourself. I'm not going anywhere; it's actually colder out there, let alone outside." Dean started shivering violently again as he carefully pulled his arm back inside the cocoon of blankets after making sure the safety was on.

"Alright, I'll be back soon." Sam gave the huddled Dean one last look before leaving the hotel room.

"Right," Dean muttered. "I'll just stay here and try not to mysteriously freeze to death then."

O=O=O

Sam eyed his brother worriedly as his dad was taking a shower. Dean was looking better after a cup of coffee and a hot meal Sam had gotten had managed to stop shivering mostly. He was still bundled up and tense, but he seemed to be doing better.

Sam frowned as Dean pressed his lips tightly together and the stress lines around his eyes deepened slightly at the information on Daeva's he was reading again. "Anything new?"

"No." Dean threw down the book on the bed beside him. "Nothing about Daeva's and blue fire."

Sam sighed tiredly as he dug through Dean's duffle bag, "Look, why don't you meditate?"

"Sam..." Dean drawled slowly, "This isn't the time."

"No, you'll be more relaxed afterwards. It'll only help and you know it." Sam said walking over to Dean.

"Sammy..." Dean started only to stop when Sam plunked a large candle on the bedside table next to Dean.

"Meditate. You need to." Sam ordered. "I'll keep a look out okay?"

Dean gave Sam a long measured look before sighing and nodding. "Lighter?"

"Here. Unwind a little okay? Before you snap and try to gnaw someone's arm off again."

"That was only once, and it got him to let go." Dean said, slight amusement entering his face. Shaking his head and muttering about, "Pushy bitches." Dean shifted on the bed until he faced the candle and lit it.

O=O=O

John came out of the bathroom five minutes later to find his youngest son watching the news, and his bundled up eldest staring at a lit candle with a focused intensity.

"Hey Dad." Sam said drawing his gaze away from Dean.

"Sam. What's he doing?" John asked carefully, not wanting to provoke a fight... at least not until he had a better idea of what was going on.

"Meditating. Don't worry about it. He needs to unwind and let some thoughts drift a little." Sam explained. "He said he felt a 'spark' in the hotel room, but he doesn't know what that means. This'll probably help him think without thinking."

"'Spark'? Like pyrokinesis?" John asked stepping forward finally to finish getting dressed.

"No, not that he said. Besides have you ever heard of any pyrokinetic with blue fire that only seemed to hurt demons?" Sam asked actually more curious than sarcastic for once.

"This is a first. I'm going to have to ask around though." John thoughtfully reached for his phone and started going through various contacts asking for any information they had on blue fire that burned demons.