Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


Disclaimer: not mine.

Chapter 13

Dean froze as he felt Sam move weakly in his arms, the first thing he’d done in over fifteen hours. Dean hadn’t left his side except to use the bathroom the entire time; Bobby had brought him food up when needed.

“Sam? Come on Sammy, open your eyes please.” He begged, relieved when Sam seemed to be trying to obey.
“That’s it, you can do it. I’ve got you Sammy, you’re safe.” Dean promised as hazel eyes finally managed to open.

“D’n.” Sam rasped and Dean nodded, happy Sam was awake and recognised him.

“I’m here, I’ve got you.” He promised, rocking them gently. He reached over to the table and snatched the bottle of water Bobby had left behind, pressing it to Sam’s lips and smiling when the kid drank eagerly.
“How do you feel?” Dean asked once Sam was done.

“I…..I don’t know. What happened?”

“Harry gave you the vial and you drank it, remember?” Dean asked and Sam frowned but then nodded.

“It hurt.”

“Yeah, scared me half to death when you started screaming and convulsing.” Dean admitted and Sam’s eyes went wide. He reached out and wrapped his arms around Dean’s shoulder and Dean slumped over him, forehead resting against Sam’s.

“I’m okay Dean, I won’t leave you.” Sam promised, moving a hand to run his fingers through Dean’s hair. Dean choked back a sob but nodded and tenderly kissed him. Sam returned the kiss before nudging Dean back, getting a confused look. Sam smiled and sat up, stretching before taking a deep breath and standing up. He grinned and Dean stared before his eyes went wide in realisation.

“Sammy?” He whispered and Sam nodded.

“I feel….I fell normal, like I used to before the visions.” Sam admitted and Dean laughed happily, lunging up to wrap his arms around Sam. Sam hugged him back, actually lifting Dean off the floor by a few inches.
“I love you Dean, love you.” Sam murmured as he kissed Dean and Dean kissed him back.

“Love you too. But no offence, we both stink.” Dean said, tugging Sam towards the bathroom and Sam laughed before frowning.

“How long was I out?”

“About fifteen hours and considering you were training before that…..” Dean admitted and nodded when Sam’s nose wrinkled. He followed Dean into the bathroom and they started to strip, Sam flushing in embarrassment as he pulled his pants down.

“Hey, you were unconscious, it happens Sam.” Dean assured him gently, tugging Sam into the shower and then starting to clean him up. Sam relaxed, letting Dean do what he wanted.
“You’re okay.” Dean whispered as he worked, dropping the occasional kiss on various sections of skin as he went.

“My turn.” Sam whispered once he was clean, taking the cloth from Dean.

“Sure?” Dean asked and Sam nodded, smiling at him. He worked at cleaning Dean up, returning every kiss Dean had given him and loving it as Dean finally relaxed. Sam knew the last day hadn’t been easy on Dean; fact was things had been really hard for him since he’d been brought back and most of that was because of Sam, and yet Dean had stayed by his side, caring for him. Sam could never repay that. Once done cleaning Dean Sam wrapped his arms around him, content to stay under the warm water and kiss Dean. Dean smiled and hugged him back, as happy as Sam to stay in their own little world for a while longer.

``````````````````````````````
Bobby stopped to look into the bedroom only to find it empty. He ran down the stairs and then froze in the kitchen doorway, staring in shock at what he found. Dean was sitting back in a chair, smiling softly at the person standing at his stove. Bobby blinked, unable to believe his eyes.

“Sam?” He called and Sam turned, smiling brightly at him and Bobby leant against the doorjamb.

“Hey Bobby, hungry?” Sam asked, turning back to the stove and Bobby finally noticed the smell of bacon cooking. He looked to Dean for answers and Dean grinned at him.

“Whatever Harry gave him worked.”

“I don’t even feel any cravings. I….I’m normal again Bobby.” Sam said as he put two plates on the table before turning back for a third. Bobby walked up to him and gave him a hug.

“It’s good to have you back.” Bobby told him gruffly and Sam returned the hug.

“I’m so sorry Bobby.” Sam whispered and Bobby pulled back.

“You have nothing to be sorry for kid. Now let’s eat before your work goes cold.” Bobby told him and Sam smiled. They sat down and started eating, both older men grinning at the way Sam was wolfing his down, happy the kids’ appetite seemed to really be back.

```````````````````````````````````````````
Harry knelt beside the young woman, keeping her soul anchored to her body as Castiel used what healing powers he still had. He finally lent back and nodded so Harry pulled back, smiling when she kept breathing. He pulled out his phone and left an anonymous 911 call. They stayed, invisible until the paramedics arrived and loaded her into the ambulance. Harry sighed and leant back into Castiel’s embrace.

“This is getting worse.” Harry whispered and Cas nodded.

“Things are escalating fast. Another Seal broke tonight, that’s thirty four now.” The angel answered softly, kissing Harry’s neck.

“Sam’s awake.” Harry commented as they reappeared in their bedroom.

“Is he better?” Castile asked and Harry’s eyes went vacant for a second before he smiled and nodded.

“Seems like he’s back to normal. We should probably give them space for a while though.”

“I would prefer Dean not shoot you, even if it would do no permanent harm.” Castiel affirmed and Harry laughed. He shoved Castiel and he fell back onto the bed, smiling up at Harry who joined him, their clothes vanishing moments later.

``````````````````````
“You sure you’re ready for this?” Dean asked for what felt like the millionth time and Sam rolled his eyes.

“Dean I’m fine! No shakes, cravings, nothing. I’m back to normal. Are you sure you’re ready?” Sam asked in retaliation and Dean grumbled as he parked in front of the house.

“Nice looking place.” Dean muttered as he adjusted his tie. Sam nodded and they got out, Sam ringing the door bell. When it was answered they flashed their badges and were admitted, Sam going to look around while Dean interviewed the wife.

“Two on the floor, one in his stomach and one was stuck in his throat. He swallowed four of them, how is that even possible?” Mrs. Wallace explained after Dean had asked her what the cops had found. She noticed Sam looking around the front of the stove and then inside the oven door.
“The candy was never in the oven.”

“We just have to be thorough Mrs. Wallace.” Sam answered as he shut the oven door and stood to face her.

“Did the police find any razors in the rest of the candy?” Dean asked, making her look back at him so Sam could keep searching.

“No, I mean, I don’t think so. I just- I can’t believe it. You hear urban legends about this stuff, but it actually happens?” She asked even as Sam reached under the fridge.

“More than you might imagine.” Dean admitted, seeing the hex bag concealed in Sam’s hand.

“Mrs. Wallace, did Luke have any enemies?” Sam asked gently.

“Enemies?”

“Anyone who might have held a grudge against him?” He specified and she frowned.

“What do you mean?”

“Co-workers? Neighbours? Maybe a woman.” Sam shifted nervously and she finally understood what he meant, glaring at him.

“Are you suggesting an affair?” She demanded.

“Is it possible?” Dean asked and she shook her head.

“No! No, Luke would nev-“

“I’m very sorry, we just have to consider all possibilities.” Sam assured her and Mrs. Wallace deflated.

“If someone wanted to kill my husband don’t you think they’d find a better way than a razor in a piece of candy he might eat?”

``````````````````````````````````````
I’m telling you, both these vic’s are squeaky clean. There is no reason for a wicked bitch payback.” Dean grumbled as he pushed the laptop aside and Sam finally looked up from his book.

“Maybe cause it’s not about that.” He offered and Dean looked at him questioningly.

“Wow, insightful.” He stated and then ducked a flying pillow, laughing at the look on Sam’s face.

“Maybe this witch isn’t working the grudge; maybe they’re working a spell. Check this out.” Sam started to read aloud.
“Three blood sacrifices over three days, the last before midnight on the final day of the final harvest. Celtic Calendar, the final day of the final harvest is October 31st.” He handed the book over and Dean stared at it.

“Halloween.”

“Exactly.” Sam answered.

“What exactly are the uh, blood sacrifices for?” Dean asked and Sam winced.

“Uh, if I’m right, this witch is summoning a demon, and not just any demon, Samhain.”

“Am I supposed to be impressed?” Dean asked, moving to sit beside Sam, slinging an arm around Sam’s shoulders and Sam leant into his side.

“Dean, Samhain is the damn origin of Halloween. The Celts believe that October 31st was the one night of the year when the veil was the thinnest between the living and the dead, and it was Samhain’s night. I mean, masks were put on to hide from him, sweets left on doorsteps to appease him, faces carved into pumpkins to worship him. He was exorcised centuries ago.” Sam explained, more than a little worried. Just because he didn’t feel any cravings now….how would he react if confronted with such a powerful demon?

“So even though Samhain took a trip downstairs the tradition stuck.”

“Exactly, only now instead of demons and blood orgy’s Halloween is all about kids, candy and costumes.” Sam answered but Dean seemed sceptical.

“Okay, so some witch wants to raise Samhain and take back the night?” he asked and Sam elbowed him.

“Dean, this is serious.”

“I am serious.” He complained, rubbing his ribs.

“We’re talking heavyweight witchcraft. This ritual can only be performed every six hundred years.”

“And the six hundred year marker rolls around…?”

“Tomorrow night.”

“Naturally.” Dean groaned, looking back down at the book to see a picture of a demon on a heap of bodies holding a head in his hand.
“Well it sure is a lot of death and destruction for one demon.”

“That’s because he likes company. Once he's raised, Samhain can do some raising of his own.”

“Raising what, exactly?”

“Dark, evil crap and lots of it, I mean, they follow him around like the friggin' Pied Piper.” Sam explained and Dean winced.

“So we're talking ghosts.”

“Yeah.”

“Zombies.”

“Mm-hmm.” Sam wasn’t sure why Dean was listing them all.

“Leprechauns?” He asked and Sam rolled his eyes.

“Dean-“

“Those little dudes are scary. Small hands.” Dean shuddered theatrically.

“Look, it just starts with ghosts and ghouls, this sucker keeps on going, by nights end we are talking every awful thing we have ever seen. Everything we fight, all in one place.” Sam explained and Dean frowned.

“It’s gonna be a slaughterhouse.” He whispered and Sam nodded, curling closer to him.

```````````````````````````
“Bring back memories?” Sam asked when he noticed Dean studying the artwork; he frowned when Dean jumped at his voice.

“What do you mean?” He asked and Sam gave him a worried look before answering.

“Being a teenager, all that angst.” He clarified, seeing the way Dean relaxed a bit and then it hit Sam as he stared at the masks, they all looked distorted, tortured…..probably what someone in hell looked like. He reached over and subtly squeezed Dean’s hand, offering silent comfort and Dean gave him a shaky smile.

“Now that brings back memories.” Dean said as he saw a teen putting a big bong shaped piece in a kiln.

“Dude, I need a bigger kiln.” The teen complained and the brothers muffled their laughs.

“You gentlemen wanna talk to me?” The teacher asked as he entered, a big box balanced in his arms.

“Ah, Mr. Harding.” Sam answered and the man held out his hand.

“Oh, please, Don.” He answered and Sam nodded.

“Okay, Don.”

“Even my students call me Don.”

“Yeah, we get it Don.” Dean assured him as they followed him to his desk, flashing their badges.
“I’m agent Getty, this is Agent Lee, we just had a few questions about uh, Tracy Davis.”

“Uh, yeah, Tracy, uh bright kid, loads of talent; it’s a shame she got suspended.”

“Uh, you two had a…uh, violent altercation.” Dean was confused that the man spoke highly of her after that and Don laughed a bit.

“Yeah, she exploded, if principle Murrow hadn’t walked by when he did, Tracy would have clawed my eyes out.”

“Why?” Sam asked and Don shrugged.

“I, uh, you know, I was only trying to rap with her about her work, it had gotten inappropriate and disturbing.” Don explained and Dean turned to look at al the masks around the room.

“More disturbing, than, uh, those guys?” He demanded and Don nodded.

“She would cover page after page with these bizarre cryptic symbols, and then there were the drawings. Detailed images of killings, gory, primitive, and she would depict herself in the middle of them, participating.”

“Symbols, what kind of symbols? Uh, anything like this?” Sam asked, showing him a bag with a silver Celtic coin in it.

“Yeah, yeah, I think that might have been one of them.”

“You know where Tracy is now?” Dean asked and Don shrugged again.

“I would imagine her apartment.”

“Her apartment?”

“Yeah, she got here about a year ago, alone, as I understood it, as an emancipated teen. God only knows what her parents were like.” Don explained and they thanked him before leaving.

``````````````````````````````````
“Who are you?” Sam demanded, aiming his gun and feeling Dean backing him up. The figure at the window turned to reveal a dark skinned man, slightly overweight and shorter than Sam.

“Sam Winchester…..the boy with the demon blood.” The man drawled and Sam flinched slightly, feeling Dean place a hand against his back in comfort.

“Who are you?” Dean growled and the man smirked.

“Uriel. You need to learn to respect your betters’ boy.” The man answered coldly.

“My betters? What are you?” Dean demanded, tugging Sam back away from Uriel. There was a flash of lightening and then they saw the outline of wings behind him.

“An angel.” Sam whispered, tensing up. With what Harry and Castiel had told them was happening in Heaven they couldn’t trust him just because he was an angel.

“The raising of Samhain, have you stopped it?” Uriel demanded and Dean frowned.

“Why?” he asked and Uriel glared at him.

“Dean, have you located the witch?”

“Yes, we’ve located the witch.” Dean answered.

“And is the witch dead?” Uriel growled out.

“No, but-“ Sam started but Dean cut him off, not liking the way Uriel looked at Sam, like he was nothing but dirt. It wasn’t Sam’s fault Azazel had bled in his mouth.

“We know who it is.”

“Apparently the witch knows who you are too.” Uriel commented, holding up a hex bag.
“This was inside the wall of your room. If I hadn’t found it, surely one or both of you would be dead. Do you know where the witch is now?”

“We’re working on it.”

“That’s unfortunate.” Uriel commented.

“What do you care?” Dean demanded.

“The raising of Samhain is one of the 66 seals.”

“So this is about your buddy Lucifer.” Dean spat and Uriel growled.

“Lucifer is no friend of ours.”

“It’s just an expression.”

“Lucifer cannot rise, the breaking of the seal must be prevented at all costs.”

“Okay, great, well now that you’re here, why don’t you tell us where the witch is, we’ll gank her and everybody goes home.”

“We are not omniscient, this witch is very powerful, she’s cloaked even our methods.” Uriel snapped at him.

“Okay, well we already know who she is, so if we work together-“ Sam offered and Uriel glared at him.

“Enough of this.” A familiar voice called and they turned to see Castiel in the doorway. He nodded at the brothers and then moved, placing himself between them and Uriel who was staring in shock.

“Castiel.” Uriel whispered and Castiel nodded.

“Hello Uriel, it has been several years.” Castiel’s tone softened as he spoke to his one time friend and brother.

“You dare show your face here traitor?” Uriel demanded, expression hardening and Castiel sighed softly.

“Michael himself orchestrated the events; will you call him a traitor as well? I did not Fall; I merely…..made a job transfer.” Castiel answered.

“Castiel?” Sam called hesitantly and Castiel smiled at him.

“It is good to see you recovered Sam. Harry would have come as well but he is busy dealing with another lead.”

“Yes, where is your ‘Master’?” The disgust in Uriel’s voice had Castiel turning to him, his own wings manifesting and Uriel stared at the black and green feathers in shock.

“Harry and I are bonded, married. He is the Master of Death and I am his angel but he is not my ‘Master’. Do not even think such things of him.” Castiel snarled and even Uriel backed away at the feeling of power flooding the room.

“Wow! Calm down Castiel. Please don’t level the motel.” Dean called and Castiel took a deep breath, calming down.
“Can someone please explain what’s going on?”

“This is Uriel; he’s what you might call a…specialist.” Castiel answered tightly.

“What kind of specialist?” Dean demanded and Castiel stared at Uriel.

“He specialises in ‘purifying’ cities.” Death’s Angel answered softly.

“Why do I get the feeling I don’t want to know what that means?”

“It means he’s here to wipe the town out.” Castiel confirmed and Uriel nodded, looking pleased with himself.

“So this is your plan, you’re gonna smite the whole friggin’ town? Just to stop one witch?” Dean demanded, glaring at Uriel.

“We’re out of time, this witch has to die, the seal must be saved.” The angel answered flippantly.

“There are a thousand people here.” Sam whispered, shocked by Uriel’s callousness.

“One thousand two hundred fourteen.” he corrected Sam.

“And you’re willing to kill them all?” Sam demanded shakily, not able to believe what he was hearing.

“Look, I understand this is regrettable.” Uriel attempted and Dean snorted.

“Regrettable?”

“We have to hold the line; too many seals have broken already.” Uriel continued.

“So you screw the pooch on some seals and this town has to pay the price?”

“Over thirty seals have already been broken. But killing everyone here is not the answer.” Castiel stated and Uriel frowned.

“You’ve changed Castiel.”

“For the better. Leave Uriel, I will help them with the Seal.” Castiel commanded and Uriel glared.

“And if I don’t?”

“I do not want to fight you but I will if I have to. All life is sacred; I can not let you kill this town.” Castiel’s stance shifted slightly and the brothers tensed.

“You will be made to pay for leaving Castiel.” Uriel threatened and then he was gone.

“Are you both alright?” Castiel asked, relaxing once he was sure Uriel was gone.

“Yeah, thanks for that.” Dean answered, putting his gun away and then turning to Sam who was still staring at where Uriel had been.
“Sammy?”

“He….he’s an angel?” Sam asked and Castiel nodded, walking over.

“Many of them have become….arrogant over the millennia, seeing humans as beneath them. Uriel is one of them. I am sorry if he hurt you, you did not deserve it.” Castiel assured him and Sam looked at him before nodding, putting his gun away too.
“Now we have a witch to stop.”

TBC….