Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


Dean grinned as finally six hours passed with Sam’s fever having stayed away and no more hallucinations. He released the chains and set to work cleaning his brother up, ignoring the way his own hands wanted to shake. Ruby had better pray he never found her or else she was dead, no matter what it took. Sam looked worse than he had when Dean had first seen him and the kid had been bad enough then. Sam groaned and then slowly opened his eyes.

“Morning kiddo.” Dean whispered and Sam looked at him.

“Sleep more.” Sam answered and Dean chuckled.

“Food first Sammy. You need to get your strength back.” Sam pulled a face but slowly drank the warm broth and a glass of water.
“Need the toilet?” Dean asked and Sam shook his head, curling back up and going to sleep. Dean smiled and curled up around Sam, holding him close.

Sam was woken a few hours later by the sound of whimpering and the feeling of someone thrashing around. He forced his eyes open only to see a bare wall so he groaned but managed to roll over. What he saw had him dragging himself closer to Dean, going so far as to drape himself over his brother and wrap his arms as tightly as he could around him.

“Dean its okay, wake up please. It’s just a nightmare.” Sam croaked out, nuzzling at Dean’s ear, hoping the comfort would help Dean.
“Dean please.” Sam begged as Dean almost through him off.
“I’m here Dean, wake up.” Sam pleaded as Dean thrashed, rolling onto his back. Sam was weak from the last few days but he still managed to get on top of Dean again.
“Dean!” Sam tried to yell only to start coughing. Fearful green eyes suddenly opened and Dean was choking back screams, holding himself rigid.
“Dean, it’s okay, I’m here.” Sam whispered, laying a hand against Dean’s face. Dean slowly focused on him and then began to calm down.

“Sammy?” He whispered and Sam smiled, nodding as he tried to smother more coughs. Sam curled up on Dean who wrapped his arms tightly around him, trying not to cry.

“S’okay Dean, I’m here.” Sam whispered and Dean reached out to snag a water bottle, holding it while Sam drank before taking a few sips himself. Dean held on tightly to Sam, using his brothers’ presence to chase away the dreams of hell.

“We’re really a pair aren’t we?” Dean whispered and Sam smiled slightly, enjoying the warmth of Dean’s body.
“You okay?” Dean asked and Sam nodded.

“Feel weak as a kitten but I’m good, I feel better than I have in months. Dean I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have.”

“Hey, none of that. I get why you did it, sort of. Sam you know...if you were addicted and it was like a normal addiction....” Dean trailed off and Sam nodded.

“I’m still gonna crave it. I can feel it Dean and....and I don’t know if I’m strong enough to fight it.” Sam admitted softly and Dean hugged him tighter.

“I’ll help you Sammy. You’ll have to let me know though, when you feel it. And when we go back to hunting, if we face a demon, you have to tell me how to help you.” Dean told him and Sam nodded.

“I will. And you have to let me help with the nightmares too. It’s...its hell, isn’t it?” Sam asked, gratefully taking some more water.

“Yeah.” Dean admitted quietly, looking away. Sam hugged him, curling up tighter with Dean.

“Hey, you stayed with me during the freaky detox Dean. Nothing about what happened or what you did there is gonna make me leave.” Sam coughed again, his throat still fairly raw. Dean looked back at him and nodded.

“It’s the racks. I was chained back on it, but the chains go through your skin. It was...well it was hell and then the actual torture would start. Sam....I can’t, please.” Dean begged, fighting tears and Sam nodded.

“When you want to talk about I’ll listen Dean, promise.” Sam whispered and then yawned making Dean chuckle.

“Want to sleep?” Dean asked and Sam looked at him.

“Can you, after that?”

“Yeah, just....can you sleep like this?” Dean asked and Sam smiled.

“Not too heavy?” Sam asked around another yawn.

“No, if anything you’re too light. Gonna have to fatten you up kiddo.” Dean answered and Sam nodded, getting comfortable. Dena held him close as they both slowly drifted back to sleep.

-----------------------------------
Harry smiled as he saw the two brothers curled up on the bed together, Sam’s shackles undone. He left some more food and then slipped back upstairs. Castiel smiled as harry curled up beside him on the couch.

“Looks like its over.” Harry said and Cas nodded.

“It’ll never truly be over, just like any addict.”

“He’ll crave it for the rest of his life.” Harry finished and Castiel nodded sadly.
“Michael answer yet?”

“No, but.” They both leapt up as someone breached the wards only to relax as Michael appeared.

“Michael!” Harry called and then hugged the Archangel who hugged him back. Michael and Castiel exchanged nods of greeting.
“So you obviously got our note.” Harry said as they sat down.

“Yes. I need to see them for myself but if what you suspect is true....I need to have words with a few of my brethren.” Michael stated and Harry shivered, he would not want to be one of those angels.

“They’re sleeping in the basement. Sam just went through detox and Dean’s dealing with nightmares of Hell.” Harry told him.

“Impressive wards, I could not enter the basement.” Michael praised and Harry smiled.

“Thanks. I wanted to make sure I had a safe workroom for potions and stuff, added extra wards when I brought Dean back. Come on, we can peek in at them.” Harry stood and led Michael down to the basement, opening the door soundlessly. Michael slipped inside and walked towards the bed, staring down at the entwined figures. A few minutes later he headed back upstairs and Harry followed after shutting the door again.
“Well?”

“You were right, they are soul mates. Sam is marked as Lucifer’s vessel and Dean as mine. I will not ask him though. I will not play into these plans. I have things I need to check, I will contact you again.” With that Michael was gone.

“I think he’s mad.” Harry whispered and Castiel nodded, both staring at the spot where the Archangel had been standing.
“Glad it’s not at us.”

-------------------------------
“Morning you two.” A cheerful voice called and they looked up to see Harry lounging in the doorway.
“Figured you might want out of here. Plenty of hot water for some nice long showers.” Harry wrinkled his nose and they flushed slightly in embarrassment.
“Need a hand?” Harry asked.

“We got this.” Dean answered and Harry nodded.

“Okay, give a shout if you need help.” He headed back upstairs as Dean and Sam worked at untangling themselves. Dean slowly stood and then offered Sam a hand. He pulled him to his feet only to have to catch him as Sam swayed dangerously.

“You okay?” Dean asked and Sam nodded and then groaned.

“Bit dizzy.” He admitted.

“Alright, we’re gonna take this nice and slow. Just two flights of stairs and then you can have a nice long soak in hot water.” Dean offered and Sam smiled.

“Sounds good.” It was slow going with Dean taking most of Sam’s weight but they eventually made it back to the room Sam had originally been in. Dean filled the bathtub and then helped Sam into it.
“Stay?” Sam asked tiredly and Dean eventually nodded.

“Okay, better make sure you don’t fall asleep and drown.” He teased even though it was a real worry since Sam could barely keep his eyes open.
“Sam um,” Dean stopped, not sure what to say or even if he should bring it up. But Sam had opened his eyes and was looking at him.
“You said some stuff and well...I need to know if it’s true.” Dean said and Sam bit his lip, fear showing in his eyes. Dean reached out and took Sam’s hand, squeezing it gently.
“Hey it’s okay, not mad at you or anything. You said...you said you love me too much, that Dad knew and hated you for it, that you loved me more than Jess.” Dean whispered and Sam looked away, closing his eyes.
“Is it true Sammy? Do you...love me?” Dean asked and Sam started crying.

“M’sorry, I’m a freak.” Sam choked out and Dean reached into the tub, not caring that he was getting soaked as he pulled Sam to him.

“You’re not a freak Sam. I never knew...Dad didn’t hate you kiddo, he loved you. I know he did, I could see it every time he went to call you but couldn’t.” Dean whispered and Sam’s eyes shot opened.

“He was gonna call me?”

“Yeah. His pride just got in the way, but he stopped at Stanford every time he was in the area to make sure you were okay, we both did.” Dean explained, mentally hitting himself for never telling Sam that before.

“Miss him.” Sam whispered and Dean nodded.

“Me too. How bout we get you cleaned up before you fall asleep in the tub for real?” Dean asked, smiling and Sam nodded.

“You don’t hate me for...”

“No Sam, I could never hate you. I love you Sammy. Hey I sold my soul for you.” Dean grabbed the soap and started cleaning Sam up, much to his embarrassment but he didn’t argue. Once he was dried and dressed in warm clothes Dean helped him over to the bed.
“I’m going to grab a quick shower then I’ll be right back, okay?” Dean asked and Sam nodded, curling up round a pillow, his eyes locked on the bathroom so Dean left the door open and even sang in the shower. He smiled as he heard Sam laugh at that.

TBC...