Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup

Author's Chapter Notes:
Edited to fix an oops

Disclaimer: Not mine.
Edited to fix a big oops about Dumah’s fate.

Chapter 11

Lucifer sat on his throne, staring out across the room. He was still shocked but what he’d seen when he’d gone to look over his son’s mortal father. How was it possible? He’d been killed centuries ago, looking for vengeance against Michael. But how could he have become a human? Lucifer was sure Michael had utterly destroyed him. He sighed and slouched down a bit on his throne, rubbing at his side. Michael had really managed to get him that last time and then he’d used a considerable amount of power helping Samael become human. He straightened as he felt someone approach and then smiled slightly as his son slipped into the room. He held out a hand and Samael crossed the room quickly, practically jumping up the stairs to his side to take his hand.

“I thought I sensed a new angel around earlier.” Lucifer stated and Samael smiled at him.

“Yes Father, his name is Castiel. He was the one to help us by not telling anyone I had taken Deans Grace. Michael literally threw him out of Heaven after severely damaging one of his wings. That’s why I sent Astaroth to help him. He has so much life in him Father; he’s a lot like Dean was when we first met. He’s still sick but he is getting better.” Samael explained, leaning against his Father and letting him take some of his strength to speed the healing. Lucifer smiled slightly, accepting the extra help without comment. He had missed his son a lot over the last years.

“I will take a look at him later then. He will be rewarded for helping you.” Lucifer told him and Samael smiled at him.

“Thank you.”

“What made you go for his Grace when you did?” Lucifer asked, honestly curious about why his son had moved then.

“Dean was attacked by some witches and the demon they were working for. It was….all I could do was take away some of the pain until Ruby came with a way to break the spell. He was hurt so badly and he was scared. I just….I couldn’t leave him like that. I’d had Ruby searching for it and she had found it so I went for it. I was reaching for it when Castiel appeared and he was….he’s younger than me Father. He was so confused, Michael lied about what happened to Dean, he told the other angel’s I killed him! I was so mad that I didn’t even notice Castiel following me back to Dean and listening in. He appeared when I was worried, told me he hadn’t gone back to report the Grace stolen. I couldn’t just abandon him to them.” Samael explained, needing his Father to understand.

“Its fine Samael, it sounds like he will be a good addition to our little family.” Lucifer teased his son, just to see him blush. He couldn’t believe he had almost missed the best thing in the world by keeping his distance when Samael had first come to hell. As it was he had barely seen his son grow up, to him Samael had been a small child one minute and then a surly teenager the next. He knew his son hated the war, more because of the way earth kept getting caught in the middle than out of any concern for Heaven’s army. But Samael had definitely warmed up to the fight after his friend had vanished. Lucifer had known pretty quickly that Samael saw Deyn as more than a friend, even before his son had realised it. He had been worried as Samael got closer to the angel, afraid Heaven would steal his son from him and then Deyn had vanished and Samael had ripped through Heaven’s armies looking for him. It had made him happy to know his son would never join them and now Samael had his love back and was safely home. But how would he react to the truth about John Winchester?

“Did you get the chance to look at John?” Samael asked and Lucifer would think his son had read his mind if he didn’t know his son didn’t have that power.

“Yes. What I saw….it should be impossible Samael and you will have to break it to them slowly.”

“Father?” Samael asked, sounding a little scared for his lover and his mortal father.

“John Winchester is Dumah.” Lucifer stated and his son just stared at him before blinking and opening his mouth to say something, only to shut it again.

“Dumah? Deyn’s dad……but didn’t Michael kill him after banishing Dean? Astaroth said Dumah attacked Michael and was destroyed. How could he be John?” Samael asked and Lucifer shook his head.

“I do not know. It should be impossible.”

“How do I tell them?” Samael whispered and Lucifer reached out to gently run his fingers through the mop his son called hair.

“Gently.” Lucifer answered, chuckling softly. Samael rolled his eyes but nodded and then moved to his chair as a knock was heard.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Sam smiled as he watched Dean chatting away with their Dad. It was good to see John actually relaxing. He still hadn’t told them what his Father had found because he honestly had no idea how to do it. John didn’t remember his life as an angel, that was very obvious, and it was very likely he never would. Dean had only remembered because he’d gotten his Grace back, as far as they knew Dumah’s had been destroyed. Though it went a long way to explaining how John had managed to stay as human as he had during his stay in hell, part of who he’d once been was still with him and had helped protect him. Dean glanced his way and smiled.

“Hey Sammy.” Dean called and John glanced over at him before smiling. Sam knew John was more hesitant around him than Dean and it hurt but he had expected it. Finding out one of your sons used to be an angel wasn’t too bad; finding out the other was actually the son of the ‘devil’? That was a lot harder to accept.

“Hey.” Sam greeted, walking over to sit beside Dean on the couch, Dean instantly moving in to lean against him.
“How’s Castiel?” Sam asked and Dean smiled.

“Getting better. Fever’s completely gone and the wing bone seems to be fusing okay.” Dean told him and Sam nodded.
“So what have you been trying to figure out lately?” Dean asked and Sam looked away.
“Sam? What’s wrong?” Dean demanded, his wings appearing due to his agitation and Sam reached out to stroke them, soothing Dean.

“Nothing’s wrong Dean.” Sam soothed and Dean slowly relaxed, curling closer to Sam.
“It’s just…Father took a look at Dad the other day.”

“Can he stop it?” John whispered anxiously and Sam raked a hand through his hair. Why couldn’t his Father be the one to tell them? Oh yeah, because they were both scared of him.

“Actually it stopped by itself. You really are a stubborn bastard Dad.” Sam told him, smiling slightly and John grumbled under his breath.
“It’s also in part because of……you’rethereincarnationofanangel.” Sam rushed out and they both stared at him.

“Could you repeat that, a lot slower?” Dean asked and Sam took a deep breath.

“Dad is a reincarnated angel.” Sam told them and John went white, slumping back against the couch.

“What?” He asked and Sam reached out to take his hand.

“Father saw it when he looked at you, gave him a big shock. Thew angel…it was believed he was totally destroyed by Michael, for attacking him in a need for revenge.”

“Do you know which angel?” Dean asked and Sam nodded.

“I….Dean…” Sam closed his eyes and took a deep breath.
“Dumah.” He whispered and Dean choked, head snapping around to stare at his Dad in shock. John just stared at them in confusion.

“Sam? Dean?” John asked, had this Dumah been that bad?”

“Dumah.” Dean whispered, eyes wide as he stared at his Dad.
“Dumah was Deyn’s Dad.” Dean told him before smiling at him.
“But I thought Michael killed him after making me mortal?” Dean asked and Sam nodded.

“He did, that’s what has Father so confused.”

“Will….could I remember?” John asked and Sam sighed sadly.

“Doubt it. Dean only remembers being Deyn because I was able to return his Grace to him. Michael destroyed Dumah’s Grace.”

“Do you think…if Sandalphon managed to save me as a baby, maybe he managed to save Dumah’s soul?” Dean offered and Sam frowned in thought.

“I suppose….maybe. Sandalphon is pretty mysterious, not even Father or Michael know the full extent of his powers.” Sam answered.

“You’re telling me that I used to be an angel, one that was Dean’s Dad?” John demanded and Sam nodded.

“It explains why you aren’t fully a demon. You’re very soul would still be that of an angel in a way and an angel like Dumah would have been impossible to turn into a demon. He would have been a Fallen Angel instead.” Sam explained but he was puzzled about something. Surely Sandalphon would have sensed Dumah in John and have intervened? Why not show himself now and reclaim his mate? The only reason for him not to show up was not good. The idea that Sandalphon was dead……it honestly scared Sam because there were few who could kill an angel like him.

```````````````````````````````````````
Castiel struggled to sit up as the door opened. He stared in fear and curiosity as Lucifer himself walked into the room. Samael had promised he was safe but the sight of the archangel still made him wary.

“So you are the one who helped my son.” Lucifer stated and Castiel took a deep breath.

“Yes sir.” He answered, shocked when Lucifer smiled at him.

“Afraid and yet still able to answer me. I am truly impressed buy you Castiel. My son was correct; no harm will come to you here.” Lucifer told him and Castiel nodded, fighting the instinct to tense as Lucifer approached him. He shivered slightly when a gently hand touched his wing and then gasped as he felt Lucifer’s power wash over him, accelerating his healing.

“Thank you.” Castiel whispered and Lucifer smiled at him.

“You are welcome. Would you like some company?” Lucifer asked and Castiel stared at him before nodding. Lucifer sat in the bed beside him and slowly they began to talk.

TBC…