Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


Dean watched as Sam tossed and turned, murmuring in his sleep. At least he wasn’t screaming…yet. He wished he could do more to help the kid but he didn’t know what. It was obvious Sam didn’t want to talk about it and Dean didn’t want to make him. He’d even called Bobby about it since his Dad was once again not answering his phone, having apparently gotten a new number. He watched as Sam became more and more restless before glancing at the clock and deciding it was late enough to wake him.

“Sam!” He called, tossing his pillow at the other bed. The poor pillow slammed into the wall as Sam jolted upright.

“Huh?”

“Rise and shine Sammy.” Dean called and Sam blinked before noticing the pillow and blushing slightly.
“Come on, I want to hit the road early.” Dean told him as he got up and stretched. Sam nodded and got up only to sway dangerously. Dean lunged, grabbing him as Sam’s hands went to his head.
“Easy Sam, deep breaths.” Dean urged as he lowered Sam back to the bed. Sam moaned slightly in pain and Dean frowned when he saw Sam’s eyes were yellow.
“Sam? Come on talk to me. What’s wrong?” Dean asked and Sam seemed to struggle to focus on him.
“Sam?”

“De….”

“Yeah Sam, I’ve got you.” Dean soothed, checking Sam’s forehead for fever but his skin was cool.
“Stay awake Sam, I need you to talk to me.” He pushed.

“Need….” Sam moaned, and Dean gave him his hand to clutch, wincing at the strength in his grip.

“What do you need Sam?” Dean asked, worried for Sam since it was obviously something to do with his being a hybrid.
“Come on Sammy, tell me what to do.” Dean pleaded and yellow eyes slowly seemed to focus on him. Sam squeezed Dean’s hand and swallowed.

“En…energy, need energy.” Sam breathed and Dean frowned, making Sam wince.

“How Sam? Sugary food? What?” Dean asked and Sam’s fingers brushed along Dean’s wrist vein.
“Blood?” Dean asked and Sam closed his eyes but nodded listlessly.
“You’re not a vampire though.”

“Energy…through blood.” Sam answered and Dean nodded.

Dean grabbed his knife from under his own pillow and then sat on Sam’s bed, gently tugging him into his arms. He took a deep breath and then made a shallow cut on his forearm, careful to stay away from the main veins. He then put the wound to Sam’s lips but Sam was pretty much out cold so he put his finger on the wound to get blood and then slipped his finger into Sam’s mouth. He kept repeating the action until Sam’s lips moved so he pressed his arm against them, fighting down a shiver when he felt Sam’s tongue work at the cut, searching out more blood. Dean just leant back against the wall, holding Sam close as he fed. They’d been on the road together for three months now, had Sam been hiding his deteriorating health that whole time or did he simply not need it very often? At least he hadn’t made too deep of a cut or made it near anything vital since Sam seemed too out of it to stop if he had.

“That’s it Sam, you’re gonna be okay.” Dean whispered as Sam sipped at the blood. Sam moaned and his eyes fluttered open, rolling around before seeming to focus on him. Dean smiled at him, reaching down to tuck some stray hair behind Sam’s ear. Sam blinked sleepily and then noticed what he was doing, eyes going wide as he stared up at Dean.
“It’s okay; I can do this for you.” Dean whispered and Sam removed his mouth from the cut, licking his lips to clean them of blood.

“What happened?” Sam whispered and Dean reached for the glass of water he’d left beside the bed for Sam, putting it to Sam’s lips. Sam took a few mouthfuls before nodding that he was done.

“What do you remember?” Dean asked and Sam frowned, trying to remember what had happened.

“You threw a pillow at me…..my head.” Sam murmured and Dean nodded.

“You scared me half to death kid. One minute you seemed fine and then the next you collapsed, could barely keep your eyes open or even talk. Managed to wake you up enough to understand that you needed energy and you could get it from blood. So I cut my arm away from anything vital but you were pretty much out cold so I ended up sort of feeding you by putting blood on a finger and then into your mouth until you started…sucking on your own. Then you started to wake up so obviously it worked.” Dean explained and Sam shut his eyes, ashamed and scared that Dean would kick him out now.

Sure, Dean knew what Sam was, that it gave him powers, but it was different to know that to keep on living Sam needed something other than normal food. Demons took energy from people when they possessed them, it was part of the reason the person ended up in bad shape when the demon left, Sam didn’t have that option. He’d started feeding off his keepers when he was ten but he hadn’t fed since shortly before Jess’ death, he’d been ignoring the need, not wanting Dean to know.

“Sam? Come on, talk to me. You’re okay now, right?” Dean asked, sounding scared and Sam looked up at him again, noticing that Dean was still holding him, hadn’t pushed him away in disgust. In fact Dean looked really worried for him.

“M’sorry.” Sam whispered and Dean frowned.

“For what?” Dean asked gently and Sam shifted in his arms. Dean didn’t tighten or loosen his grip, letting Sam know it was okay but that he could move if he wanted to, Sam settled, gradually relaxing.

“This.” Sam answered, letting his finger rest beside the cut. Dean winced slightly and Sam put his hand over the wound, concentrating. When he removed his hand the cut was scabbed over as if several days old. Dean blinked and then looked at Sam who smiled nervously.

“Thanks. So I guess you’re feeling a lot better.” Dean commented and Sam nodded.
“Sam I just want to know how to help you. I figured you’d have some quirks kid, its okay. Donating a little blood isn’t bad.” Dean assured him and Sam looked down.

“I’m sorry, should have told you. I’ll leave.” Sam whispered and Dean sighed, rubbing Sam’s back in an effort to sooth him.

“Hey, did I say anything about you leaving? It doesn’t bother me Sam.” Dean promised and Sam stared up at him in shock so Dean smiled at him and Sam slowly relaxed.

“I….do you know why most people you have been possessed are in such bad shape after the demon leaves?” Sam asked softly and Dean shrugged.

“Always figured they just don’t take care of the bodies, run them ragged then you add the exorcism….” Dean answered and Sam nodded.

“Partially right. Demons…..feed off the person’s energy when they possess them. When I was ten I started feeling weak and sick…..took a while to figure out why and since I can’t and wouldn’t even if I could, possess someone they had to find another way for me to get the energy. So they gave me blood, had to be from a person, not a bag, energy not flowing when it’s in a bag. It worked, I got better.” Sam admitted softly and Dean nodded, squeezing Sam’s shoulder gently.

“How often do you need it?” Dean asked and Sam shrugged.

“It’s not on a timetable, depends on what I’ve been doing. The more I use my abilities the more frequent I need to….”

“And you’ve been using your abilities pretty frequently on our hunts. Damn it Sam, we’re partners, you have to tell me stuff like this. What if this had happened in the middle of a hunt? You could have been killed!” Dean practically yelled at him and Sam flinched, making Dean sigh and then hugged Sam.
“I’m sorry, didn’t mean to yell at you. But this job Sam, it’s dangerous. We both have to be at one hundred percent so I need you to tell me when you’re not feeling well, okay?” Dean asked and Sam nodded.

“Promise, I’m sorry I scared you.”

“Okay. How about breakfast? Don’t know about you but I’m starved.” Dean said to lighten the mood and Sam’s stomach growled, making Sam blush and Dean laugh.
“Come on.” Dean sat up, removing his arms from around Sam and the kid got up. Now that he knew Dean could see the difference in the way Sam was moving, it was more fluid and energetic than it had ever been. They got dressed in silence, Sam shooting looks at him when he thought Dean wasn’t looking and the hunter sighed.
“Sam we’re fine. You’re my friend and partner, okay? This isn’t gonna change that.” Dean promised him and Sam nodded before they left to get breakfast.

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Dean groaned as his phone started ringing, reaching out for it blindly.

“Dean?” Sam mumbled from the other bed, cracking open an eye and Dean felt a flash of guilt, the one night Sam actually managed to sleep all the way through and his phone wakes them up at…Dean raised his head and groaned….five thirty in the morning. He smiled when it moved to hover by his pillow, Sam glaring at it. Dean took it and Sam buried his head under his pillow.

“Hello?”

“Dean, its Jerry Panowski. You and your dad helped me out a couple years back.” Came the reply and Dean frowned before remembering the case.

“Oh, right, yeah, up in Kittanning, Pennsylvania, the poltergeist thing. It's not back, is it?” Dean asked, sitting up. Sam shifted the pillow enough to watch him.

“No, no. Thank God, no. But it's something else, and, well, I think it could be a lot worse.”

“What is it?”

“Can we talk in person?”

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
“You've been in there forever.” Sam commented as Dean finally emerged from the store and Dean smirked, holding up the fake ids.

“You can't rush perfection.” He told Sam who frowned as he read them.

“Homeland Security? Isn’t that pretty illegal?”

“Yeah, well, it's somethin' new, you know? People haven't seen it a thousand times.” Dean told him as they got in the car.
“All right, so, what do you got?”

“Well, there's definitely EVP on the cockpit voice recorder.” Sam told him, putting the laptop in his lap as Dean started driving.

“Yeah?”

“Listen.” Sam hit play and they listened until they heard the words ‘no survivors’.

“’No survivors’? What's that supposed to mean? There were seven survivors.” Dean frowned and Sam shrugged.

“Got me. So, what are you thinkin'? A haunted flight?” Sam asked curiously.

“There's a long history of spirits and death omens on planes and ships, like phantom travellers.” Dean explained, having earnt that Sam knew just about everything about demons but not much about the other things out there.
“Or, remember Flight 401?” He asked, wondering if Sam had heard of it and Sam frowned but then his eyes widened.

“Right the one that crashed, then the airline salvaged some of its parts, put it in other planes, and then things happened on them?” Sam asked and Dean grinned.

“Yeah, the spirit of the pilot and co-pilot haunted those flights. Maybe we've got a similar deal.” Dean offered, holding up the list of survivors.
“All right, so, survivors which one do you wanna talk to first?”

“Third on the list Max Jaffey.” Sam answered, pointing at it and Dean glanced at him.

“Why him?”

“Well, for one, he's from around here. And two, if anyone saw anything weird, he did.” Sam answered.

“What makes you say that?”

“Well, I spoke to his mother, and she told me where to find him.” Sam told him.

````````````````````````````````````````
Sam frowned and looked around, getting Dean’s attention. He tensed, looking around for what could have gotten Sam’s attention like that but saw nothing.

“Sam?” He called out and Sam nearly jumped before seeing it was Dean.
“What is it?” Dean asked in concern and Sam shrugged.
“Sammy?” He asked, using the nickname that usually made him smile.

“I….it’s nothing Dean. Just thought I saw someone I knew.” Sam admitted and Dean looked around.

“Knew what, from college or as in someone who works for him?” Dean asked and Sam looked away.

“The second.” He admitted and Dean nodded, moving closer.

“Still here or gone?” Dean asked, hand resting where his gun was hidden.

“Gone.”

“Good, come on let’s go check out the plane.” Dean coaxed and Sam nodded, sticking close to his side.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
“What is that?” Sam asked as they walked amongst the wreckage.

“It's an EMF meter reads electromagnetic frequencies.” Dean explained and then frowned as it reacted….to Sam.

“Sorry, it’s not gonna be much use around me. Why does that one look like a busted-up Walkman anyway?”

“'Cause that's what I made it out of. It's homemade.” Dean smiled proudly and Sam stared at him in surprise.

“I can see that. Good work.” Sam answered and Dean frowned in hurt before realising that Sam was serious, he thought Dean had done a good job with it, so he smiled at Sam who smiled back.

“Check out the emergency door handle.” Dean said as the meter went off, away from Sam. There was something on it so Dean scrapped some off.
“What is this stuff?” He asked and Sam leant in, sniffing it.

“Sulphur.” Sam answered and then he turned to the door.

“Sam?”

“People coming.” Sam stated so they quickly left by the back entrance, walking calmly until an alarm started blaring. They ran for it, Dean throwing his suit jacket over the fence to protect their skin as they scrambled over it.

“Huh. These monkey suits do come in handy.” He commented and Sam laughed as they ran back to the car.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````
“How’d you know it was sulphur?” Dean asked as he put the suit away but he turned to look at Sam when there was no answer.
“Sam?” Dean asked, worried about the look on Sam’s face. The kid got up and walked towards him, taking Dean’s hand. Sam frowned in concentration and then removed his hand from Dean’s. Dean stared in shock at the residue on his hand. He lifted his hand to his nose and found the same smell that had been on the door handle.
“Sulphur….” Dean murmured and Sam went back to the bed, sitting down.
“But I haven’t found it anywhere else.” Dean said, staring at Sam who shrugged.

“Sulphur is caused by demons. I do actually leave more around then you’d think but in such minute amounts that it’s undetectable. I, um, had to clean the apartment regularly cause it’d build up and Jess didn’t know. You keep the Impala clean enough you haven’t noticed.” Sam explained and Dean nodded, sitting beside him.

“So to get the amount we found on the handle?”

“Demonic possession, explains how he opened the door with that much pressure. I could probably manage it in an emergency but it would seriously drain me.”

“Why bring down planes though?” Dean asked and Sam thought it over.

“Demons have been known to cause natural disasters…..shipwrecks….ones moved with the times, decided to up the body count by moving to planes.” Sam explained.

“It’s going after everyone who survived that first flight.” Dean worked out and Sam nodded.

````````````````````````````````````````````````````
“Really? Well, thank you for taking our survey, and if you do plan to fly, please don't forget your friends at United Britannia Airlines. Thanks.” Sam hung and looked over at Dean who was driving.
“All right, that takes care of Blaine Sanderson and Dennis Holloway. They're not flyin' anytime soon.”

“So, our only wildcard is the flight attendant, Amanda Walker.” Dean commented and Sam nodded, looking at some papers in his lap.

“Right. Her sister, Karen, said her flight leaves Indianapolis at 8 PM. It's her first night back on the job.”

“That sounds like just our luck.” Dean grumbled and Sam looked at the map.

“Dean, this is a five-hour drive. Even with you behind the wheel.” Sam commented, he’d learnt pretty quickly how Dean drove on a normal day.

“Why don't you call Amanda's cell phone again see if we can't head her off at the pass.” Dean asked and Sam shook his head.

“I've already left her three voice messages. She must have turned her cell phone off. God, we're never gonna make it.” Sam finished with a whispered and Dean grimaced.

“Oh, we'll make it.” Dean snapped, stepping on the gas, watching as the speedometer slowly crept upwards and ignoring Sam clinging to the bar above his window.

````````````````````````````````
They rushed into the building and looked at the flight schedule on the screen. Sam pointed at the screen.

“Right there. They're boarding in thirty minutes.” He told Dean who nodded and looked around.

“Okay. We still have some cards to play. We need to find a phone.” They finally found a courtesy phone and Dean picked it up.
“Hi. Gate 13? I'm trying to contact an Amanda Walker. She's a flight attendant on Flight, um...”

“424.” Sam told him.

“Flight 424.” Dean finished.

“Amanda Walker, Amanda Walker. You have a phone call at the white courtesy phone, Gate 13.” The operator called over the loudspeaker.

“Come on...” Dean mumbled, feeling Sam standing at his shoulder.

“This is Amanda Walker.” A female voice finally said.

“Miss Walker. Hi, this is Dr. James Headfield from St. Francis Memorial Hospital. We have a Karen Walker here.” Dean lied.

“Karen?”

“Nothing serious just a minor car accident. But she was injured, so…”

“Wait, that's impossible. I just got off the phone with her.” Amanda said and Dean mentally swore.

“You what?” he asked nervously.

“Five minutes ago. She's at her house, cramming for a final. Who is this?” She demanded.

“Uh, well... there must be some mistake.” Dean fumbled, trying to figure out what to do.

“And how would you even know I was here? Is this one of Vince's friends?”

“Guilty as charged.” Dean chuckled nervously since he had no clue who Vince was.

“Wow. This is unbelievable.”

“He's really sorry.” Dean tried.

“Well, you tell him to mind his own business and stay out of my life, okay?”

“Yes, but he really needs to see you tonight, so?” He tried again.

“No, I'm sorry. It's too late.”

“Don't be like that. Come on, the guy's a mess, really... it's pathetic.” Dean tried again.

“Really?” She asked sadly and Dean felt a sliver of hope.

“Oh, yeah.”

“Look, I've gotta go. Tell him to call me when I land.”

“No, no, wait, Amanda.” Dean called and growled when she hung up.
“Amanda?” He called out but she was definitely gone so he hung up to.
“Damn it! So close.” He snarled and Sam nodded.

“All right, it's time for Plan B. We're getting on that plane.”

“Now, just hold on a second.”

“Dean, that plane is leaving with over a hundred passengers on board, and if we're right, that plane is gonna crash.” Sam argued, not like he was looking forward to it.

“I know!”

“We're getting on the plane, we need to find that demon, and exorcise it. Look, I'll get the tickets. You just go and get whatever you can out of the trunk, whatever will make it through security. Meet me back here in five minutes.” Sam told him but Dean didn’t move.
“Are you okay?” He asked, seeing that Dean looked a little pale……and was he shaking?

“No, not really.” Dean answered hesitantly.

“What? What's wrong?” Sam asked, he’d never seen Dean as anything but strong.

“Well, I kind of have this problem with, uh...” Dean trailed off and sighed and Sam realised the problem.

“Flying?” Sam offered and Dean shrugged.

“It's never really been an issue until now.” The hunter admitted and Sam just stared at him.

“You're joking, right?” Sam asked, hoping he was.

“Do I look like I'm joking? Why do you think I drive everywhere, Sam?” Dean demanded, almost panting for breath.

“All right. Uh, I'll go.” Sam offered despite not wanting to face a demon alone.

“What?” Dean demanded.

“I'll do this one on my own.” Sam explained and Dean just stared at him for a few seconds.

“What are you, nuts? You said it yourself, the plane's gonna crash.” Dean argued.

“Look, Dean, we can do it together, or I can do this one by myself. I'm not seeing a third option here.” Sam tried and Dean bit his lip.

“Come on! Really?” He asked and then finally sighed, defeated.
“Man.”

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
“Just try to relax.” Sam soothed, seeing the death grip Dean had on the arm rests and the way he was breathing.

“Just try to shut up.” Dean snapped but Sam didn’t take it personally, he knew Dean was honestly scared. As the plane began to take off Dean tightened his seatbelt and leant back, really starting to panic as they left the ground and Sam reached over to place a hand on his arm, trying to offer support. Dean started humming, trying to relax and Sam leant in to hear it.

“Are you humming Metallica?” He asked to try and get Dean’s mind off it.

“It calms me down.” Dean mumbled and Sam sighed.

“Look, man, I get you're nervous, all right? But you've got to stay focused.” He offered and Dean nodded.

“Okay.”

“I mean, we've got thirty-two minutes and counting to track this thing down, or whoever it's possessing, anyway, and perform a full-on exorcism.” Sam told him, dreading the actually exorcism because he knew it wasn’t going to just hurt the demon.

“Yeah, on a crowded plane, that's gonna be easy.” Dean admitted.

“Just take it one step at a time, all right? Now, who is it possessing?” Sam asked to keep him focused on the case.

“Well, it's usually gonna be somebody with some sort of weakness, you know, a chink in the armour that the demon can worm through, somebody with an addiction or some sort of emotional distress.” Dean offered and Sam nodded.

“Well, this is Amanda's first flight after the crash. If I were her, I'd be pretty messed up.”

“Mm-hmm.” Dean answered, seeing a flight attendant approaching.
“Excuse me. Are you Amanda?” He asked her.

“No, I'm not.” She answered.

“Oh, my mistake.”

“Mm-hmm.” She walked away. Dean turned and saw another woman at the back near the restrooms.

“All right, well, that's got to be Amanda back there, so... I'll go talk to her and, uh, I'll get a read on her mental state.”

“What if she's already possessed?” Sam asked, he should do it, he wasn’t as vulnerable after all.

“There's ways to test that.” Dean stated, reaching into his bag and pulling out a bottle of water.
“I brought holy water.” Dean grinned and Sam took the bottle from him.

“No, I think we can go more subtle. If she's possessed, she'll flinch at the name of God.” Sam offered and Dean nodded.

“Oh. Nice.” He got up.

“Hey.” Sam called him back.

“What?” Dean snapped.

“Say it in Latin.” Sam reminded him and Dean nodded.

“I know.” Dean headed towards Amanda and Sam closed his eyes, trying to find the demon himself.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````
“All right, well, she's got to be the most well-adjusted person on the planet.” Dean grumbled as he sat back down.

“You said it?” Sam asked and Dean nodded.

“Yeah.”

“And?”

“There's no demon in her. There's no demon getting in her.” Dean answered.

“So, if it's on the plane, it can be anyone... anywhere.” Sam said, sagging a little in his seat. The plane started to rumble and shake and Dean tensed.

“Come on! That can't be normal!” He started breathing hard and Sam looked at him.

“Hey, hey, it's just a little turbulence.” He tried to calm Dean down.

“Sam, this plane is going to crash, okay? So quit treatin' me like I'm friggin' four!” Dean snarled and Sam turned to him, grabbing his arm.

“You need to calm down.” Sam ordered, eyes flickering yellow.

“Well, I'm sorry, I can't!” Dean argued, voice going up in pitch.

“Yes, you can.” Sam whispered calmly and Dean glared.

“Dude, stow the touchy-feely, self-help yoga crap, it's not helping!”

“Listen, if you're panicked, you're wide open to demonic possession, so you need to calm yourself down right now.” Sam whispered gently and Dean stared at him with wide, panicked eyes before he slowly let out a long breath.
“Good. That’s it, just calm down.” Sam soothed.
“ I think the ritual Romano should work and your Dad has it in his journal.” Sam told him, handing the journal over.

“What do we have to do?” Dean asked.

“It's two parts. The first part expels the demon from the victim's body. It makes it manifest, which actually makes it more powerful.”

“More powerful?” Dean gulped.

“Yeah.” Sam admitted.

“How?”

“Well, it doesn't need to possess someone anymore. It can just wreak havoc on its own.” Sam explained and Dean looked at him as if he was crazy.

“Oh, and why is that a good thing?” He demanded.

“Well, because the second part sends the bastard back to hell, once and for all.” Sam answered and Dean nodded.

“First thing's first we've got to find it.” Sam admitted and Dean nodded, digging out his walkman turned EMF. He got up and put the earphones in, walking the aisle.

“Oh! Don't do that!” Dean yelped as Sam touched his arm, making the EMF go off.

“Anything?”

“Other than you? Nope. How much time we got?” Dean asked and Sam checked his watch.

“Fifteen minutes. Maybe we missed somebody.”

“Maybe the thing's just not on the plane.’

“No it’s here, I can feel it I just can’t pinpoint it.” Sam admitted and Dean nodded. The EMF suddenly went wild, and it wasn’t pointed at Sam. They looked up as the co-pilot exited the restroom. He stared at Sam and smiled, making Sam glare.

“Cristo.” Dean whispered and the mans eyes went black as he went back into the cockpit. Beside him Sam winced and swayed slightly.
“Sorry.” Dean whispered, taking Sam’s arm and blocking him from view until the yellow faded from his eyes.
“How the hell are we gonna do this? You can’t be anywhere near that exorcism without screaming in pain.” Dean said and Sam closed his eyes.

“You do the exorcism and I’ll hold him down. I can focus past the pain enough to do that.” Sam told him and Dean nodded. They went back to their seats to grab the holy water and journal before heading towards the back of the plane.
“She's not gonna believe this.”

“Twelve minutes, dude.” Dean answered as they entered the curtained off area where Amanda was still standing.

“Oh, hi. Flight's not too bumpy for you, I hope.” She commented and Dean shrugged.

“Actually, that's kind of what we need to talk to you about.” Dean told her as Sam shut the curtain.

“Um, okay. What can I do for you?” She asked hesitantly.

“All right, this is gonna sound nuts, but we just don't have time for the whole "The truth is out there" speech right now.” Dean started.

“All right, look, we know you were on Flight 2485.” Sam told her and she backed away form them.

“Who are you guys?”

“We've spoken to some of the other survivors. We know something brought down that plane, and it wasn't mechanical failure.” Sam explained gently.

“And we need your help because we need to stop it from happening again, here, now.” Dean continued.

“I-I'm sorry, I'm very busy.” She tried to leave but Dean stopped her.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Wait a second. I'm not gonna hurt you, okay? But listen to me the pilot from 2485, Chuck Lambert, he's dead.” Dean explained and she paled.

“Wait, what? Chuck is dead?”

“He died in a plane crash. Now, that's two plane crashes in two months. That doesn't strike you as strange?” Dean asked.

“Look, there was something wrong with 2485. Now, maybe you sensed it, and maybe you didn't, but there's something wrong with this flight, too.” Sam explained.

“Amanda, you have to believe us.” Dena pleaded intently and she looked at them.

“On... on 2485, there was this man. He... had these eyes.” She admitted and Sam nodded.

“Yes, that's exactly what we're talking about.” He agreed.

“But I don't understand. What are you asking me to do?” Amanda asked.

“Get the co-pilot. We need you to bring him back here.” Dean explained.

“Why? What does he have to do with anything?” She demanded.

“Don't have time to explain. We just need to talk to him, okay?”

“But how am I supposed to go into the cockpit and get the co-pilot?” She asked as Sam opened the curtain for her.

“Whatever it takes. Do whatever it takes. Tell him there's something broken back here. Whatever will get him out of that cockpit.” Sam told her.

“Do you know that I could lose my job if?” She argued.

“You're gonna lose a lot more than that if you don't help us out.” Dean snapped and she sighed.

“Okay.” She left and they watched through the curtain as she knocked on the cockpit door. The co-pilot emerged and after a few minutes of talking they headed back towards where the boys were waiting. Dean gripped the open journal and Sam unscrewed the cap on the water bottle, careful not to splash himself in the process. As soon as the man entered Dean punched him and tossed him to the ground, covering his mouth with a piece of duct tape.
“What are you doing? You said you were just gonna talk to him!”

“We are gonna talk to him.” Dean told her as Sam splashed him, the holy water began to burn and sizzle through his uniform.

“Oh, my God, what's wrong with him?” Amanda demanded.

“We need you calm. We need you outside the curtain. Don't let anybody in, okay? Can you do that?” Sam asked but she stayed silent.
“Amanda?” He called and she nodded, a bit panicky.

“Okay. Okay.” She answered, leaving the area.

“Hurry up, Sam. I don't know how much longer I can hold him.” Dean grumbled and Sma quickly took his place, his own eyes turning yellow as he tapped his abilities to help him old the full demon down. Dean began reading the exorcism and Sam swallowed, feeling it dig into him. Unfortunately it was enough for the demon to throw him off and rip the tape off.

“I know what happened to your girlfriend! She must have died screaming! Even now, she's burning!” It taunted and Sam stared in shock even as Dean tried to hold the demon down.

“Sam!” Dean yelled and Sam nodded, throwing himself back onto the demon as Dean went back to reading. Tears fell from Sam’s eyes but he refused to scream. The demon kicked the journal from Dean’s hands and then opened his mouth, leaving the body as a haze of black mist, seeping into the air vent.
“Where'd it go?” Dean demanded.

“It's in the plane. Hurry up, we've got to finish it.” Sam told him, getting off the stunned man below. Sam went after the journal even as the plane began to fall. Dean was thrown against a wall, screaming. Sam tried to reach the journal but he couldn’t. Sam looked around and then shut his eyes, fully opening himself to his demonic heritage.

Dean watched as the air around Sam almost seemed to warp, the kid doubling over as if in pain. He clutched at the wall as the plane continued its dive, he didn’t know what Sam was doing but if it didn’t work…Sam suddenly screamed as an electric white light flowed through and then out of the plane. Sam crumpled to the floor as the plane levelled off. Dean scrambled up and to Sam’s side, wrapping an arm around his waist. Sam managed to raise his head, eyes glazed and breath coming in exhausted pants.

“You did it Sammy, its over. Come on, let’s get you sitting down.” Dean urged, helping Sam back to their seats. Amanda rushed over to them, worried.
“He’s okay. How’s the co-pilot?” Dean asked as he got Sam’s belt on.

“Groggy.” She said as the pilot came on, saying they were going to make an emergency landing due to the trouble.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````
Dean held still as Sam sucked on the wound, slowly becoming more aware the more blood he got. Dean was just happy he was waking up, Sam had pretty much been unconscious since he’d gotten rid of the demon and it had started to scare Dean. He let Sam take as much as he needed, not surprised when Sam fell asleep as soon as he was done. Dean made him comfortable then headed into the bathroom to take a shower before going to bed himself.

``````````````````````````````````````````
“Nobody knows what you guys did, but I do. A lot of people could have been killed.” Jerry told them, shaking their hands.
“Your dad's gonna be real proud Dean.”

“We'll see you around, Jerry.” Sam told him, knowing John was a sensitive subject for Dean at the moment since the man’s number had been disconnected. Jerry waved and started walking back to the building.

“You know, Jerry?” Dean called out and the man turned back to them.

“Yeah?”

“I meant to ask you, how did you get my cell phone number, anyway? I've only had it for, like, six months.” Dean asked.

“Your dad gave it to me.”

“What?” Dean demanded.
“When did you talk to him?”

“Well, I didn't exactly talk to him, but I called his number, and his voice message said to give you a call.” Dean nodded at the answer.
“Thanks again, guys.”

They headed back tot eh Impala and Dean pulled out his phone, dialling John’s number.

“This doesn't make any sense, man. I've called Dad's number, like, fifty times. It's been out of service.” Dean told Sam before holding the phone out so Sam could hear as well.

“This is John Winchester. I can't be reached. If this is an emergency, call my son, Dean at 866-907-3235. He can help.” Dean hung up and got into the car, Sam follow a few moments later, knowing Dean didn’t want to talk about it.

TBC…