Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


Disclaimer: Not mine.
BTW – read the story Glitch by SkeksisGirl on ffnet, I’m helping with it and it’s good.
Starts one year after the last chapter.

Chapter 7

Sam stayed downwind, despite the urge to check on Dean but he trusted him to be able to look after himself after sixteen years together but he still worried about him. Dean was still young for a vampire after all and he’d shown no signs of having a ‘gift’. But he had to trust Dean to take care of himself……despite the burning desire to run in and make sure none of the vampires got within fifty feet of him. He forced himself to stay in place and wait for Dean’s signal. When it came Sam reacted instantly, moving in fast and taking his first victim by complete surprise. Dean grinned at him and Sam nodded as they ended up back to back, fighting against the small group of three vampires. Sam went down once but was up again almost instantly. Before long they were burning what was left, Sam panting a little and Dean had a crack in his arm that was healing itself. Dean looked over at him and laughed, reaching out to yank some dead leaves from Sam’s hair, making Sam shake his head to try and dislodge the rest. Dean grinned and wrapped his arms around Sam’s waist, pulling him in. Sam smiled and leant down to kiss him softly.

``````````````````````````````````````````
“Surprise Mom!” They called and Mary smiled at them, reaching out to her boys. They took turns hugging her and handing over the souvenirs they’d collected for her. She smiled as she looked through them and the pictures the boys had taken for her.

“These are wonderful.” She told them. Dean perched on the edge of her bed and chatted away with her while Sam sat on the windowsill, content to listen. But then Dean frowned and Sam tensed, not sure what was wrong.

“Mom?” Dean called, sounding panicking and Sam reached out, hitting the alarm telekinetically as he moved to the bed. He looked her over, noticing how pale she’d gone and the way she was breathing.

“What is it?” The nurse asked as she hurried inside.

“Something’s wrong.” Dean stated and Sam tugged him out of the way as the nurse checked Mary and then hit another alarm.
“What is it?”

“Gentlemen I need to ask you to leave.” She said as more medical staff arrived.

“But…..Mom.” Dean whispered. Sam nodded and gently pulled Dean out into the hallway to wait, both of them keeping watch on Mary as well as they could. Neither of them needed to hear the heart monitor to know when they lost her. Dean crumpled to the floor and Sam grabbed him, holding him close. When the nurse came out he just nodded at her, letting her know they already knew. Sam leant against the wall, holding Dean in his arms and wishing Dean could still cry, he settled for rocking him gently and ignoring the staff who let them be.

```````````````````````````````````
Sam sat in a back pew, wishing he wasn’t alone but there were too many people in the church who had known Dean before his transformation. Sam hated funerals, he felt like he’d been to way too many over the years. He wished Dean could be there for some sort of closure and then he wouldn’t have to be alone. As it was Sam was trying to stay out of sight, he didn’t want people asking him who he was or why he was there, he figured they’d been spotted occasionally coming and going form Mary’s place and there was a chance someone would recognise him and wonder why he hadn’t aged. There was less chance of anyone recognising him then Dean though.

He followed the procession to the gravesite at a distance. He watched as the coffin was slowly lowered into the ground and then the soil replaced over it. He smiled as he saw the gravestone. He’d bought it anonymously for her and no one had asked too many questions. When the others had left Sam walked over and placed the bouquet down. He smiled as he read the inscription.

Mary Campbell
1929 – 1986
Beloved Mother and friend

````````````````````````````````````````
Sam parked the Impala and then got out, walking over to the passenger side to gently tug Dean from the car. Dean had pretty much just shut down since she’d died and it was really scaring Sam. He couldn’t lose Dean. So he’d driven north, figuring a change of scenery would be good for them both and now they were in Alaska of all places but it was one of the few American states Sam had never been too. He gently tugged Dean out into the snow covered trees and Dean moved with him, not fighting him but not really helping either. When Sam sensed a herd of deer he tried to encourage Dean to hunt but he didn’t react and Sam sighed. They came to a clearing and he sat down, holding Dean in his arms. He was dressed very warmly so the snow didn’t bother him at all. He gently rocked Dean, dropping the occasional kiss on his lips and forehead.

“Come on Dean, you need to hunt.” Sam whispered and then his head snapped up as he realised they weren’t alone.

Dean moved sluggishly and then was suddenly crouched defensively in front of Sam to protect him. Sam reached out and gently stroked his back, trying to calm him down a little even as he studied the stranger. The man moved closer and Sam gasped as he saw his eyes, they weren’t red. The man looked between them and then moved, pulling Sam away from Dean and Sam blinked before reacting and slipping from his grasp, surprising the vampire who Dean was snarling at.

“It’s okay Dean, I’m fine.” Sam assured him as he moved back to Dean’s side. Dean straightened and pulled Sam into his arms, nuzzling his throat.
“Shh, I’m here.” Sam whispered, warily watching the strange, shocked looking, vampire.
“Who are you?” Sam asked.

“My name is Eleazar. You are on my families land; I caught your scent and was worried about a nomad killing here.” The vampire explained warily and Sam nodded.

“I’m Sam, this is Dean. I’m sorry to trespass but we didn’t realise we were on private property and Dean really needs to hunt.” Sam explained calmly, for some reason he didn’t feel any threat around this vampire, perhaps because his eyes were the same colour Dean’s usually were.

“What would he be hunting?” Eleazer asked and Sam realised why, since Dean’s eyes were black he didn’t realise what Dean’s diet was.

“Well I was trying to get him interested in some nearby deer but someone doesn’t want to hunt.” Sam answered, teasing Dean gently.

“I’m not hungry Sam.” Dean snapped and Sam rolled his eyes, gently grasping Dean’s chin.

“Dean your eyes are blacker than most demons I’ve hunted, you need to feed, and it’s been almost a month.” Sam told him and Eleazer raised an eyebrow.

“A month? Impressive. I have to ask what you are, you’re not a vampire.” He stated and Sam nodded.

“Half human but I don’t tell people I’ve just met what the other half is. I’m a hunter, Dean is too. As long as you don’t harm humans we have no problem with you if you’ll let us leave in peace.” Sam answered calmly, his powers readied just in case.

“Dean may hunt here; there is plenty of wildlife around. If you would like to meet the rest of the Coven? You seemed rather shocked to find another vegetarian. We were unaware of any vampires outside our Coven and the Cullen family who prefer that diet. We could exchange information?” He offered and Sam looked at Dean who had calmed down and was wrapped around Sam.

“Dean? You want to stay and learn? There’s probably stuff you should know.” Sam whispered and Dean frowned but nodded slowly.

“Our house is nearby; Dean can track my scent back once he’s eaten. Unless you need to come now?” He asked and Sam shook his head, taking Dean’s hand so Eleazer left them.

TBC….
Sorry if Eleazer is totally AU or anything but don’t remember him real well from the books. Figured its very clichéd if the first veggie vamps they meet are the Cullens.