Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


Sam moaned as he woke, forcing himself to sit up and look around, only to stare in shock. The room was covered in weird symbols……..and Castiel was lying on one side of him with Dean on the other. What the hell had happened?

“Sam?” Castiel called softly and Sam looked down at him, swallowing to moisten his dry throat.

“What happened?” Sam asked, seeing Castiel relax a little. Obviously his eyes were still black if Cas wasn’t sure about talking to him.

“Dean believes that your more instinctual half either recognised me or at least accepted I was not a threat. Once that happened you dragged me through the wards and decided all three of us needed to sleep. I did try to leave however I seem unable to get through the wards without you.”

“Huh, so did I…?” Sam gestured at all the symbols on the walls and Castiel nodded.
“Guess it’s good to know I’m still protective when I’m….like that.” Sam whispered and Castiel sat up.

“You have not attempted to harm anyone. Yes when Dean got you out of the room and closer to me you started gathering energy for an attack however Dean was able to calm you down rather easily.”

“Oh. I’m sorry though for trying.” Sam whispered and Castiel laid his hand on the young…demons shoulder.

“You did nothing wrong Sam, you were trying to protect yourself and Dean. I knew that.” The angel assured him and Sam nodded, bringing his knees up to his chest.

“Can….Is there anyway to reverse…..” Sam whispered and Castiel shook his head.

“No angel can make a demon human. Perhaps God….I am sorry.”

“Great. Maybe….you should take Dean to Bobby’s and leave me the knife.” Sam whispered and Castiel’s eyes went wide. Surely Sam was not contemplating that? That was when he realised Dean was awake because the only human in the room suddenly moved, wrapping his arms around Sam and cradling the demon close.

“Don’t you dare!” Dean spat, green eyes blazing with anger and fear. He let go with one hand to gently grasp Sam’s chin when Sam tried to look away.
“You are not killing yourself! You do and I find a way to follow, got it? I am not losing you Sammy.” Dean snapped and black eyes stared up at him in shock before flickering to hazel and Dean smiled softly at the sight.
“I love you Sam, I am not sticking around without you, understand?” Sam nodded slowly, eyes still hazel and Dean’s heart soared. He loosened the other arm around Sam, moving his hand to gently rub Sam’s back, soothing him.
“Think you could give us some time Cas?” Dean asked and then angel nodded. Sam pulled out of Dean’s arms and Dean frowned.

“Apparently I need to let him out.” Sam answered, shrugging embarrassedly. He let Cas out and the angel vanished, leaving Sam alone in the doorway.

“Come here Sammy.” Dean called when it became apparent that Sam was just going to stay where he was. His eyes were flickering between hazel and black and Dean was hoping that was a good sign. He tugged Sam down onto the bed and gently kissed him. Sam melted into the kiss, letting Dean take the lead. Dean could tell Sam was still afraid of hurting him and wanted to roll his eyes or tell the kid off again but instead he decided to give him proof. Dean rolled them so Sam rested on top of him and then kissed him again. Dean moved his hands, pushing Sam’s shirt up until Sam took the hint and yanked it off, Dean removing his own at the same time. Dean ran a hand over Sam’s tattoo and Sam looked down at it.

“How….” Sam mumbled and Dean kissed him.

“Well you’re not possessed are you? You just….changed so it probably had nothing to stop.”

“I’m so sorry Dean, I should have listened. How can you still want me like this?” Sam asked and Dean reached up to gently wipe the tears away.

“I’ll always want you Sammy. This year….it’s not your fault and it’s not mine. We had Heaven and Hell manipulating us, they’re the ones to blame. Please Sam.” Dean whispered and Sam stared at him before smiling softly and leaning down to kiss him. Dean tugged him closer, lining their bodies up even as he shifted his hips. Sam gasped and then moaned, hesitantly moving to press against Dean and Dean grinned as he panted, Sam’s eyes were the hazel he knew so well.

“What?” Sam asked and Dean reached up to trace his face.

“Your eyes are normal.” He answered and Sam smiled before leaning down to kiss him again.

Dean moved his hands to Sam’s belt and Sam hesitated before nodding. They rolled around as they stripped off the rest of their clothes, laughing and teasing as they enjoyed the feel of skin against skin for the first time in almost a year. Every time he ended up on top Dean just kissed Sam and then rolled them back while trying to kick off his stubborn clothes. Dean gently held Sam’s hips as they moved, kissing him all the time, only pausing so they could breath. With everything that had happened, all the pent up emotion it didn’t take long until Sam collapsed on top of him, panting for air. He tried to roll off but Dean held him still, needing to feel Sam was with him and Sam let him but shifted a bit so Dean wasn’t being squished.
“I love you Sammy.” Dean panted and Sam lifted his head, hazel eyes shining with love and exhaustion.

“Love you Dean.” Sam whispered and Dean smiled, holding Sam close as they drifted off to sleep.

```````````````````````````````````````````````````
Dean tossed an M&M at Sam who glared but caught it, popping it in his mouth and making Dean pout. Sam smiled at that and Dean grinned back, happy that Sam was a lot more relaxed now and hey, his eyes were still hazel and he was coherent. Maybe things had stabilised? Sam reached over and stole a handful but tossed Dean a can of Coke. Dean rolled his eyes but drank it. He hadn’t grabbed any alcohol in his mad supply shop, he’d wanted a fully clear head to deal with what was happening with Sam, but now he really wanted a beer. Sam went for another handful but Dean grabbed his hand and yanked Sam into his side, holding him there until Sam relaxed against him, head on Dean’s shoulder. Dean reached up to run a hand through Sam’s hair even as he grabbed some more candy, popping it into Sam’s mouth.

“You trying to give me a sugar high?” Sam asked in amusement and Dean grinned.

“Maybe…..” He answered and Sam laughed, moving his head to kiss the side of Dean’s neck.

“This is nice.” Sam admitted and Dean nodded, leaning his head back against the wall.
“We can’t stay forever though.”

“I don’t know, those wards or whatever you did seem to be keeping everything out, we have food and water…”

“The world possibly ending around us? Bobby most likely freaking out because we’re missing?” Sam continued and Dean sighed.

“Sam….we’re not leaving yet, not till….”

“Not till you’re sure I’m not going to go psycho killer?” Sam mumbled, trying to pull away but Dean held on, kissing the back of Sam’s neck.

“I know you’re not going to kill anyone Sam. I just want to be positive you’re okay. You’ve only slept once without waking up to your…other half in control. So we need to give it a few more times to make sure you’re all balanced and stuff. Besides with the year we’ve had we both need the down time. Just a little longer Sam.” Dean whispered and Sam sagged in his arms, nodding.

“Okay.” He mumbled, letting Dean tug him back into his side. Sam sighed but curled up, lying down to put his head in Dean’s lap.

“It’ll be okay Sam, Cas would have let us know if anything really bad had happened.”

“I know you’re right. I just…..I hate feeling like a liability.”

“You’re not.” Dean answered and Sam huffed.

“Right….so the fact I got caught in that devil’s trap? Lets face it, I’m going to be a nuisance on demon hunts.”

“So you’ll have to watch where you walk more, it doesn’t matter, we’ll adapt.”

“Fine but you’re calling Bobby. I go to his place and get trapped and he’ll shoot me.” Sam grumbled and Dean hit him lightly.

“Bobby won’t shoot you.”

“Even after…..”

“He knows it wasn’t your fault, it was the addiction talking. You want me to call him?” Dean asked and Sam nodded so Dean got his phone out and then swore as he noticed all the missed calls form Bobby.

“You turned it off didn’t you?” Sam asked and Dean nodded so Sam laughed. Dean smiled, happy that Sam was able to laugh again. It was kind of odd to think that since becoming a demon Sam was acting more like the little brother he’d made the deal of in the first place than the hardened hunter he’d found after returning from hell. Figuring he couldn’t put it off he dialled Bobby’s number even as Sam started to sit up so he could hear. Dean stopped him and but it on speaker, earning a smile form Sam.

“Hello?” The familiar voice answered and Dean swallowed.

“Hey Bobby.”

“Dean? Where the hell are you? Are you okay? Where’s Sam? Did you stop….”

“Bobby slow down! We’re both okay.” Dean answered.

“You found Sam then. Did he…..” Bobby trailed off and Dean looked down at Sam who hid his face against Dean’s stomach.

“Lilith’s dead, so is Ruby. Sam……he’s okay, just having some eye colour issues.” Dean offered and Sam moved to stare at him so Dean shrugged.

“Eye colour…..Dean are you okay?” Bobby demanded and Sam buried his head again, whimpering.

“Shh Sammy, its okay.” Dean whispered.
“Thanks a lot Bobby, I actually finally got Sam in a good, happy mood earlier. Come on Sam, Bobby’s just being an idiot.” Dean told him but Sam just shook his head.

“Sam? Dean what’s going on? Why didn’t you come here?” Bobby demanded.

“Because Sam wasn’t doing well and you were too far away. We’re safely holed up in an abandoned house with plenty of supplies although Sammy’s eaten most of my candy so he’ll probably start bouncing soon.” Dean teased, trying to cheer the kid up.
“Cas dropped by to check on us and we agreed not to move Sam until he was doing better. So we’ll probably be able to move on in a few days. And before you ask, Christo.” Dean snapped only to freeze as Sam whimpered in pain, clutching Dean’s shirt tighter.
“Oh shit! Sam? Sammy, come on kiddo. I’m sorry, I didn’t think.” Dean called, tugging at Sam until he finally managed to turn him, pain filled black stared up at him and Sam whimpered again. Dean gently ran his fingers through Sam’s hair, trying to comfort him.
“Shh, its okay, I’m sorry.”

“Dean?”

“Not now Bobby! Thanks to your paranoia I hurt Sam!” Dean snapped angrily, trying to sooth Sam and hoping that he hadn’t switched.
“Come on Sam, talk to me kiddo.” Dean called and Sam reached up. Dean pulled him up into a hug, cradling him and Sam huddled into him.

“H…hurts.” Sam mumbled and Dean felt something inside him relax at that one, broken word.

“I’m so sorry Sammy; I never want to hurt you.” He whispered and Sam nodded miserably.

“What the hell is going on? Is Sam possessed, why haven’t you exorcised him?” Bobby demanded.

“He’s not possessed Bobby. Remember what I told you after I talked to Cas, that beating Lilith….he’s still Sam, I swear he is. Even Cas agrees.”

“Are you saying he’s…..” Bobby trailed off, unable to finish that thought.

“’M a demon.” Sam mumbled miserably, loud enough for the phone to pick up.

“Sam.” Bobby whispered and Sam turned to stare at the phone.

“Please Bobby, don’t hate me.” Sam whispered and Dean hugged him, hating the desperate plea.

“Family’s more than blood Sam, look out for your brother, you hear?” Bobby answered and Sam smiled slightly.

“Will.”

“Good, now I have to get to work on some renovations before you two get here, and you are coming. I’ll have it worked out for Sam by then. Stay safe.”

“You too, thanks Bobby.” Dean hung up and Sam clung to him, sniffling slightly.
“Told you Bobby would be okay.” He whispered and Sam nodded.
“How’re you feeling?” Sam turned in his arms and leant in to kiss him softly.

“Know you didn’t mean to hurt me.” Sam assured him and Dean relaxed a little.
“Tired.” He mumbled and Dean smiled, getting them both up.

“Come on, let’s go get some sleep.” He whispered and Sam stumbled along, letting Dean guide him. Dean was a bit worried by the sudden sleepiness but figured Sam was hurting more than he was admitting. Hunting demons was definitely going to be harder, then again if Sam had all the usual demonic powers…..

TBC….