Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


Disclaimer: Not mine.

Chapter 5

Bobby waited impatiently for the boys to arrive. He was worried, scratch that, he was scared stiff about how he’d react to seeing Sam. The last time he’d seen him the kid had knocked him out, he could forgive that easily enough, he’d seen enough strung out addicts in his day. It was the thought of seeing Sam with black eyes that scared him. Dean was so sure the kid was still their Sam but……if Dean wanted to believe bad enough it was possible he could have been fooled. He tensed as an unfamiliar car pulled in before spotting Dean at the wheel. He stepped out onto the porch as Dean got out, waiting to see Sam but relieved that Dean appeared unharmed. When there was no movement from the passenger seat Dean walked around the car and opened the door, kneeling down out of sight. He was down there for a while before he got up again and then Sam slowly emerged, hunched in on himself, his eyes hidden by dark sunglasses. It took Dean taking his hand and pulling to get Sam moving towards the door and Bobby felt a flash of pain. If it really was Sam then the last thing he wanted was for the kid to be scared of him.

“Hey boys.” He called out and Dean grinned at him.

“Hey Bobby.” Dean answered, nudging Sam who just waved slightly.

“Sam? You alright?” He asked and Sam hunched even further.

“Come on Sammy, its Bobby. He’s not going to hurt you.” Dean soothed, reaching up towards Sam’s glasses and the kid flinched.
“Shh, it’s okay.” Dean whispered as he removed Sam’s glasses. Bobby got a brief glance at black before Sam moved to stare at the ground. Bobby moved off the porch, walking slowly closer.

“Sam? Come on son. I’m not mad about you knocking me out. Got a place for you two all sorted out, attached to the back of the house. Sam please look at me.” Bobby called as he stopped in front of the taller male. Sam hesitantly raised his head and Bobby fought down the instinctual reaction to seeing pitch black eyes. Seeing those eyes on Sam again…..but this was different. Despite the eyes……he was still Sam. Bobby reached out and then yanked the kid into a brief hug. Sam tensed but then hesitantly hugged him back.
“It’s good to see you boy. Now come on, got you two something I think you’ll like.” Bobby explained, leading them around the house. They followed curiously and then stoped as they saw Bobby’s house was suddenly longer.
“Called in some help to get it done. Haven’t warded it past salt, wasn’t sure what wards would be okay.”

“Bobby? This is…..” Dean trailed off, staring in awe at the extension.

“Got a bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, laundry and living room. Furniture’s second hand but…..” Bobby trailed off uncomfortably. Sam slowly reached out to put a hand on his shoulder, a small smile n his face.

“Thank you.” He whispered and Bobby shrugged.
“It’s brilliant.” Sam added and Bobby grinned.

“Yeah well……figured you should have a place to stay, my place is covered in wards, didn’t want Sam getting stuck or something.” Bobby admitted and Sam nodded in understanding.
“Well go on, get settled in. I’ve got dinner on the grill; I’ll bring it over in a few. Stocked some food and beer, no holy water or anything like I usually do but thought I’d save you trying to cook tonight.” Bobby mumbled before heading inside, tossing Dean the key to their outside door.

Dean opened the door and led Sam inside. They looked around in awe. It wasn’t anything fancy but it was theirs. Dean went back for their bags as Sam peeked in the kitchen cupboards. They went and unpacked in the bedroom, grinning at the big bed in the centre of the room. Hearing a knock Dean headed out and let Bobby in with the food, Sam joining them as they sat down to eat.

“So you boys settling in okay?” Bobby asked and they both nodded.

“It’s great Bobby, thank you so much.” Sam told him, smiling softly and Bobby nodded.

“Sam’ll do the wards later, kid’s great now. Even kept Castiel out unless Sam let him in or out.” Dean praised and Sam ducked his head.

“Sounds good, mind putting some up round my place?” Bobby asked and Sam nodded.
“So you’re both doing okay?” He asked and Sam looked away.
“Sam?”

“Mostly.” Sam finally answered and Bobby glanced at Dean.

“He’s doing good Bobby, getting better all the time.” Dean promised and then looked over as he heard the sound of wings. Sam tensed, a low growl sounding, before he shook his head, forcing himself to relax. He gave the angel a small smile and Castiel nodded in return, understanding Sam hadn’t meant anything with the growl.
“Hey Cas.” Dean greeted him and Castiel smiled slightly.

“I thought I should make sure you were okay. There are demons searching for you.” Castiel explained and they nodded.

“We’ll get the place warded tonight.” Sam promised.

````````````````````````````````````````````
Sam lay in Dean’s arms, ignoring the instincts that screamed it was the wrong way around, that he should be the one protecting his human. He loved it when Dean held him; there was no safer place for him. He sighed and snuggled in even closer, feeling Dean chuckle even as a hand began running through Sam’s hair.

“Happy?” Dean whispered and Sam hummed in response. Dean chuckled again and then tugged, making Sam lean his head up. Dean claimed his lips in a gentle kiss and Sam eagerly responded. Sam turned around so they were lying face to face, being careful not to rest all of his weight on Dean.

“Love you.” Sam whispered when they parted and Dean grinned.

“Love you too Sammy.” He answered and then Sam’s hands hesitantly moved to Dean’s belt. Dean nodded and raised his hips, letting Sam pull his jeans off. Dean went to work on Sam’s and they were soon naked. Sam smiled and then rolled them so he was lying underneath Dean, one hand searching in the bedside table until he came up with a tube. He pressed it into Dean’s hand and watched green eyes widen.
“You sure?” Dean asked and Sam nodded.

“Please Dean, need you.” Sam pleaded and Dean nodded, setting to work preparing Sam.

`````````````````````````````````````````````
Dean woke up and smiled at Sam, finding the kid sitting beside him, watching him curiously.

“Hey Sam, what’s up?” Dean asked, stretching and grinning as he remembered what they’d done the previous night.
“Sam?” He whispered and then sighed when there was no answer. He held his hand out and Sam took it, gently studying the limb.
“Oh Sam, thought you were over this.” Dean stated sadly and Sam looked up at him, reaching out to touch Dean’s face and Dean lent into the touch, making Sam smile again.
“Love you Sammy.” Dean told him, gently pulling Sam down to kiss him. Sam smiled and responded eagerly.

“Dean? Sam? You boys up?” Bobby’s voice called and Sam froze before snarling in anger. Before Dean could do anything Sam was up and out of the room. Dean blinked but then took off after him. He launched himself at Sam, struggling to pull him away from where he had Bobby pinned to the wall.

“Sam! Sammy calm down. It’s okay, it’s Bobby. Come on kiddo, you know Bobby.” Dean called out as he struggled to hold Sam back.
“Bobby get out of here!”

“Dean you.” Bobby started but Dean cut him off.

“I’ll be fine; Sam won’t hurt me, even like this. It’s you I’m worried about!” Dean yelled and Bobby slid out of the annex, watching from a distance as Sam slowly stopped fighting to get away from Dean. Dean held Sam close, running his fingers through Sam’s hair while whispering gently as Sam slowly calmed. Bobby just watched, rubbing his throat from where Sam’s fingers had dug in.
“Hey Sammy, you’re okay.” Dean said as he loosened his grip and Sam stared at him.
“Come on, let’s try some breakfast huh?” Dean offered, trying not to let Sam see how badly he’d been scared by seeing Sam attacking Bobby.

Dean walked towards the kitchen and Sam followed. He gently pushed Sam down onto a chair and got some cereal out. He put a bowl in front of Sam but Sam didn’t try to eat. Sighing he sat beside Sam and held the spoon to his lips. Thankfully Sam got the idea and ate. Dean glanced outside to find Bobby had gone back inside; he’d call him once Sam was settled.

TBC….