Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


Disclaimer: Not mine.
Sorry for the long wait.

Chapter 6

Sam woke up to find himself in Dean’s arms, feeling a soft hand in his hair. He yawned and glanced at the clock frowning in confusion and then he closed his eyes, realising what must have happened. “Are you okay?” He whispered, feeling the hand in his hair pause briefly before resuming the soothing motion.

“Welcome back Sammy.” Dean whispered, kissing the top of his head. “I’m fine. You’ve been out about five hours.” Dean told him and Sam leant his head back to look up at Dean and Dean smiled at him but there was something off…..

“What happened?” He asked and Dean sighed.

“It’s okay Sammy.”

“Dean.” Sam pushed and Dean closed his eyes.

“You woke up and it was okay but….Bobby came into the annex.” Dean answered and Sam froze in horror.

“No, please no.” He choked and Dean hugged him.

“He’s okay Sam, just a little freaked.” Dean assured him and Sam buried his head in Dean’s chest. Dean held him close, rocking him gently as Sam clung to him. “Shh, it’ll be okay.”

```````````````````````````````````
Sam hovered on Bobby’s porch, trying to work up the courage to knock. Dean was asleep but Sam couldn’t not till he knew Bobby was okay.

“You gonna stand there all night?” The hunter asked as he opened the door and Sam moved back, looking at the ground. “Sam?” Bobby called and Sam slowly looked up at him, eyes once again hidden by sunglasses. “Everything okay?” He asked, watching Sam closely. His throat was sore and he’d gotten a good scare but looking at Sam now he could see, Sam hadn’t meant to do it, hadn’t been himself.

“Sorry.” Sam eventually whispered, barely audible and Bobby stepped out of the house, leaving the safety of the house, wanting to show Sam he wasn’t scared of him. Sam finally glanced up at him and Bobby smiled at him.

“You don’t need to be sorry Sam. I should have called before going after; Dean told me you’re still not fully aware all the time. No harm done.” Bobby assured him.

“Really?” Sam asked and Bobby sighed, pulling him into a brief hug.

“Really kid. I’d ask you in for a beer but they’re all laced and with the wards…..” Bobby trailed off and Sam shrugged.

“I uh, warded our bit. You want me to add the anti-angel ones to yours?” Sam offered and Bobby nodded.

“What do you need?”

“A pen?” Sam asked and Bobby got him one, watching as Sam began drawing the needed glyphs onto the wood of his house, making sure he wouldn’t get any feathered visitors. “All done.” Sam handed the pen back and Bobby nodded.

“Thanks Sam. So how are you doing?”

“Okay I guess. Would like to stop flipping between me and……..well Dean likened me to a puppy in that state.” Sam told him and Bobby laughed.

“Yeah he would say something like that. You’ll get through this Sam.” Bobby assured him and Sam smiled shakily. “And take those damned glasses off; it doesn’t bother me or Dean.” Bobby told him and Sam slowly took them off, revealing his black eyes. Bobby moved to sit on a rickety chair and Sam sat on the stairs, settling in to catch up.

```````````````````````````````````````````
“Hello Sam.” A silky voice whispered and Sam froze.

“Who are you?” Sam demanded and a figure appeared out of the blackness. Sam trembled as he instinctively recognised him. “Lucifer.” He choked and the Fallen Angel smirked.

“I’ve waited millennia to meet you only to finally be freed and to have you useless to my plans.” Lucifer stated.

“What?” Sam whispered, trying to back away.

“Simple. You were not meant to become a demon, slightly demonic yes but not an actual demon. As a demon you are worthless to me. I needed you human. But you did free me from my Cage so I’ve decided not to kill you.” Lucifer told him and Sam relaxed a little, happy to know he wasn’t about to die. He was pretty sure he was dreaming too. “Yes you are, without a vessel and with your wards I cannot come to you in the real world.”

“So why are you here?” Sam asked, fighting the urge to drop to his knees before him and Lucifer smirked.

“It is only natural Samuel, I created demons and you are a demon.” Lucifer reached out to cup Sam’s cheek and he trembled violently. “For freeing me I will give you this gift.” Lucifer whispered and Sam screamed as he shot upright, shaking and panting for breath.

“Sam?” Dean called and Sam scrambled out of bed until his back hit the wall. “Whoa! Easy Sammy, it’s me, it’s Dean.” Dean whispered, getting out of bed and approaching slowly.

“D…Dean.” Sam choked and Dean nodded, reaching out with a hand only to end up on the floor with Sam clinging to him.

“Shh, it’s alright. I’m here, I’ve got you.” Dean soothed, rubbing Sam’s back.

“Saw him.” Sam whimpered and Dean kissed the top of his head, feeling Sam’s trembles.

“Saw you kiddo?”

“Lucifer.” Sam whimpered. Dean froze and Sam cried out so he went back to rubbing his back, rocking him gently.

“It’s okay, he won’t hurt you. I won’t let him.” Dean whispered and Sam looked up at him, eyes hazel.

“He….he said I’m useless like this. But he won’t kill me cause I freed him. Said he would give me a gift. Then it hurt.” Sam whimpered and Dean held him close.

“Did he say what?” Dean asked and Sam shook his head. “It’s okay Sammy, it’ll be okay. I’m gonna call Cas, okay? Let him make sure you’re okay.” Dean whispered and Sam clung tighter. “Sammy I can’t call him from here with the wards.” Dean told him and Sam shook his head so Dean reached for his phone, barely snagging it and hitting speed dial. “Bobby can you call Cas? Yeah, soon as possible. Thanks.” Dean put the phone down and gently pulled at Sam, finding that as long as Dean didn’t try to get him to let go the kid was relatively easy to move. He got them back to the bed and Sam curled up in his lap.

“Dean?” Castiel called after a few minutes.

“In the bedroom.” Dean called. “Can you get in?”

“No.”

“Sammy you gotta let Cas in? Come on, I won’t let go.” Dean urged and they slowly made their way to the door. Sam reached out the door to take Castiel’s hand, without moving his head from Dean’s chest. He tugged the angel inside and Dean got them over to the couch, Sam curling into him, still shaking.

“What happened?” Castiel asked in alarm.

“Sam……was visited in his dream.” Dean answered softly and Castiel frowned.

“Who?”

“Lucifer.” Sam choked and Dean got to see Castiel go white for the very first time.

TBC….