Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup
[Reviews - 2] Printer
Summary: My mom wanted my help coming up with amusing invitations to her SuperBowl party. The following are what I came up with.
Rated: FRC
Categories: Non Buffy/Angel Stories > Poetry Characters: None
Genres: Original
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: No
Word count: 105 Read: 70155
Published: 2011.01.25 Updated: 2011.02.01

1. Limerick by SuBethJimBob [Reviews - 2] (61 words)

My mom wanted my help coming up with amusing invitations to her SuperBowl party. The following are what I came up with.

2. Haiku by SuBethJimBob [Reviews - 0] (14 words)

This one's a haiku. Sorta.

3. Double Dactyl by SuBethJimBob [Reviews - 0] (30 words)

This one may require an explanation. Paraphrased from Wikipedia:

Double dactyl is a verse form, also known as "higgledy piggledy". Like a limerick, it has a rigid structure and is usually humorous, but the double dactyl is considerably more rigid and difficult to write. There must be two stanzas, each comprising three lines of six syllables (with the emphasis on the first and fourth syllables) followed by a line with a four syllables (emphasis as before). The two stanzas have to rhyme on their last line. The first line of the first stanza is traditionally repetitive nonsense. The second line of the first stanza is the subject of the poem, a proper noun. Note that this name must itself be double-dactylic. There is also a requirement for at least one line of the second stanza to be entirely one double dactyl word, for example "va-le-dic-tor-i-an".

Obvously, I've barely grazed the proper form here. But the syllable count, meter, and length is correct, so I'm calling it good. ::grin::