Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


Disclaimer: Not mine.

Chapter 10

Dean settled in to wait beside Sam’s car, knowing he’d come back for it at some point. But not long after he tensed, feeling eyes on him. When a young woman sauntered towards him his hand slipped down to his gun. She stopped a few feet away, watching him closely.

“Not interested lady.” He snapped and she grinned.

“You’re Sam’s Dean, aren’t you?” She asked and he tensed.
“Relax; I’ve been keeping an eye on the kitten. He’s not doing well on his own. You need to know why he left. He’ll be busy for a while, come walk with me.”

“Who are you?” Dean asked.

“Lily, I’ve known Sam for years. He took refuge with my Pride for a while when he was younger. There are things you really need to know hunter if you’re gonna convince Sam to go with you.” She pushed and Dean studied her. She was short, tiny really with blonde hair and blue/grey eyes.

“So you’re like Sam?” Dean asked, slowly following her away from Sam’s car.

“I’m a cougar though. Sam came to me five months ago, scared out of his mind.” She admitted and Dean closed his eyes in pain.

“He went to you after….after that night.” Dean whispered and she nodded watching him closely.

“How did you feel after it?” She asked and Dean knew what she was asking.

“I love him; I know he would never hurt me. Nothing that happened that night…..so he was a little rougher than normal, so what. It was….” Dean fought the urge to blush and she laughed softly.

“I get the idea. So odd to find a human and especially a hunter that can accept that. But there’s more. The reason for why Sam acted like that…..I honestly thought that being half human meant he wouldn’t go through it since it never happened when he was younger but….Sam’s inner kitty sees you as its mate. You accepting him, loving all sides of him, it pushed him into Heat. Normally it wouldn’t be a problem, interbreeding with humans is so rare as to be near unheard of. Then again considering his mother……anyway, one of the instincts when in Heat is to bite your mate, no problem among our own. You’re very lucky Sam had enough control to bite the bedding instead.” She explained and Dean swallowed.

“If he’d bitten me?” He asked and Lily sighed.

“The werewolves you hunt….ever wondered where they came from?” She asked and Dean froze.

“A wolf bit his human mate, without telling her the truth about him. Naturally she was scared out of her mind and ran, next full moon….” She trailed off and Dean sagged.

“So if he bit me I’d what….end up the cat version of that?” Dean asked and she nodded.

“But…..knowing about it in advance and staying with Sam would make it different. Sam could help you control it and you wouldn’t have their disgusting…..feeding habits. You need to think about it Dean, it would tie you together, lengthen your life span to match Sam’s. If you don’t want it then you will have to be careful whenever Sam goes into heat which is once every three months. You can’t not have sex during that time; Sam’s jaguar won’t allow it.” She warned and Dean stared at her.
“You better make your mind up; Sam’ll be out any minute. If you can’t handle this then leave before he knows you’re here.” She warned and then she was gone. Dean headed back to Sam’s car, staring at it, trying to decide.

```````````````````````````````````````````````
Sam walked with his head don, not sparing a glance for any of the humans around him. There was only one human he was interested in but his mate was hundreds of miles away, probably hunting. He missed Dean so much he was even imagining he could smell his scent. He looked up as he reached his car and then froze, eyes widening in shock as he took in Dean’s familiar form, leaning against the car.

“D…D..Dean?” Sam stuttered fearfully.

“Hey Sammy.” Dean answered softly and Sam stepped back.
“Sam don’t. Come here, I’ve missed you so much.” Dean called out but Sam turned and bolted, making Dean swear but take off after him. Thankfully despite the late hour there were still enough people around to keep Sam from shifting. Dean pushed himself to the limit and then lunged, managing to tackle Sam into an alley. Thankfully Sam didn’t struggle but he went utterly limp beneath Dean, scaring him.
“Sam?” He called, gently rolling the taller man over. The hazel eyes he loved were screwed shut, tears leaking from them.
“Shh, it’s okay Sammy, don’t cry, I’m here.” He soothed, sitting against the filthy alley wall without care even as he cradled Sam in his arms.
“Come on Sam, talk to me please.” He begged and hazel eyes slowly opened, Dean holding in a gasp at the pain and fear they reflected.

“Dean? No get away from me, not safe.” Sam mumbled and Dean leant in, kissing him softly.

“I’m never leaving you Sam, I love you.” Dean promised him and Sam shook his head, feebly attempting to push him away.
“Sam it’s okay. Had a nice little chat with a lady named Lily.” That made Sam freeze.

“L..Lily?” Sam whispered and Dean nodded.

“I know about the Heat and biting. Its okay Sam, we can figure it out. Don’t run, please.”

“Dean….I don’t want to hurt you.” Sam pleaded and Dean kissed him again.

“You won’t Sam; we just have to be careful.” Dean promised him.
“Come back with me, please. Your Dad’s really worried about you.” He added, knowing Sam wouldn’t want Bobby to worry. Sam stared up at him, still scared but slowly calming down.
“That’s it Sammy, calm down.” Dean soothed, running his fingers through Sam’s hair, smiling when he started to purr softly.
“I missed you so much, been searching for you the whole time.” Dean admitted and Sam nuzzled him.

“I’m sorry, went to find answers and they scared me. Didn’t want you to hate me.” Sam whispered and Dean sighed.

“I could never hate you Sam, I love you.” Dean promised.
“If….if it happens, if you bite me, we’ll deal with it, okay? No more running.” Dean demanded and Sam nodded.
“Now how about we get a room tonight and clean up. Head back to Bobby’s tomorrow?”

“Is he mad?”

“More scared than mad.” Dean promised and Sam nodded before getting up and shakily offering a hand to Dean. Dean grinned and took it, letting Sam pull him to his feet.
“So have you got a room somewhere?”

“No, been sleeping in the car.” Sam admitted and Dean nodded.

“Well then let’s go get one.” Dean told him, gently leading Sam out of the alley and back to his car.

“Where’s the ‘pala?” Sam asked, not seeing it.

“Couple of blocks away, I was walking when I saw yours.” Dean told him, getting in the passenger seat. Sam nodded and started driving, going past a motel and then parking at a hotel. Dean raised an eyebrow and Sam shrugged, making him smile. Sam went in to get them a room, Dean correcting them on the number of beds and then he helped Sam take his things to the room.
“I’ll be back in a bit, you better still be here Sammy.” Dean warned and Sam nodded so Dean kissed him softly.

Sam sat on the edge of the bed, hugging himself tightly as he rocked gently, eyes locked on the door as he waited for Dean to come back. Half of him hoped Dean did the smart thing and ran for it, the other cried out for his Mate to come back. It wasn’t long before his enhanced hearing picked up the familiar rumble of the Impala’s engine pulling into the parking lot and then several minutes later the door opened to reveal Dean with his bags in had.

Dean froze when he saw the huddled form on the bed, Sam hugging himself tightly. He dropped his bags, kicked the door shut and climbed onto the bed, tugging Sam into his arms, hugging him and gently kissing his face and neck. Sam slowly relaxed and began purring again, making Dean smile.

“Promise me you’ll never run again Sam, we can work things out.” Dean pleaded and Sam chewed at his lip before finally nodding.

“Sorry.” He whispered, feeling ashamed for what he’d done. He hadn’t been thinking, just reacting. He’d hurt his family so badly by running and not contacting them. Dean kissed him again and Sam sighed, glad he still had another month until a certain problem reared its head again.
“Love you.” Sam whispered when they parted for air and then he moved, tugging Dean with him so Dean was laid out beneath him on the bed.

Dean blinked, startled by the speed but just grinned and spread out, inviting Sam to do what he wanted and Sam smiled. Dean knew it had been Sam testing to make sure he really wasn’t scared of him and he didn’t care. Sam began kissing, licking and nipping at any exposed skin and Dean yanked his shirts off to give Sam more skin to mark, loving it. Dean raised his hands, slipping them under Sam’s shirt and Sam yanked it off, letting Dean touch him in return. Dean kicked his shoes off, moaning as Sam worked on his neck, trying to pull him closer.

“Missed this, missed you.” Sam mumbled and Dean kissed him.

“Same here.” Dean assured him, running his hands over Sam’s back, feeling the muscles under his skin. Sam’s hands moved lower on Dean, to rest on his belt Sam’s eyes questioning. Dean grinned and nodded, lifting his hips so Sam undid his belt and jeans, pulling them down while Dean went to work on Sam’s for him. For the first time they were completely naked together. Dean had seen Sam before of course but he’d had other things on his mind and now he was free to look and explore. Staring at Sam’s body he felt a flash of shame, Sam’s skin was unmarked by scars, well tanned and muscled. Dean was stockier, shorter and had plenty of scars from a lifetime of hunting. He swallowed and Sam cocked his head, smelling the change in Dean’s emotions. Dean leant in and gently nuzzled at his throat, purring softly and Dean relaxed, running his fingers through Sam’s hair.

“What’s wrong?” Sam whispered in concern and Dean smiled at him.

“Nothing Sammy.” Dean told him but Sam just stared at him, worried Dean was having second thoughts.

“Dean please, do you…..do you want to stop?” Sam asked hesitantly and this time Dean’s kiss far more passionate than any other they’d shared.

“Never.” Dean assured him and Sam sighed, his fingers tracing a scar on Dean’s chest making Dean tense and realisation flooded through Sam.

“Dean…..I don’t care about scars, they just show you’ve survived.” Sam whispered, kissing what looked like a claw scar on Dean’s shoulder.
“Love you so much, scars and all.” Sam promised him and Dean went a bit red in embarrassment.
“It’s okay.” Sam whispered as he started kissing and licking every scar he could find, needing to prove they didn’t bother him.
“Only silver or another’s claws can scar me, one good thing I got from Mom.” Sam told him and then took Dean’s hand, moving it down to his inner thigh and Dean’s eyes widened at feeling the raised scar there.

“What happened?” Dean asked in alarm, the scar was far too close to Sam’s groin and his femoral artery.

“Fight with a cougar, I was with Lily’s Pride when another attacked over territory. They were the closest to a home and family I had so I fought beside them. I was fourteen.” Sam admitted as Dean gently traced the jagged scar.

“I’m being silly.” Dean mumbled and Sam laughed.

“No, you’re being human. For ailuranthropes……scars are a badge of honour, they show you’ve fought and survived. Sometimes it’s easy to forget you don’t heal like I do, it scares me to think something I could easily survive could kill you.” Sam admitted.

“I’m tough Sam.” Dean told him and Sam nodded. They kissed again, hands wandering over naked skin and then Dean shifted his hips, rubbing their groins together. Sam gasped, eyes wide and Dean paused, wanting to make sure it was alright. Sam stared at him, breathing a little to fast and Dean cupped his face in his hands.
“Hey, you okay? Was that too much?” Dean asked and Sam swallowed.

“I’ve never…..I don’t want to hurt you.” Sam whispered and Dean smiled.

“You won’t Sam; you’ve got time till you’re in Heat again. We’ll work our way up, let you get used to things. If you’re that worried there are positions, things we can do that’ll give me greater control.” He offered and Sam nodded.

“Okay.” Sam answered and then hesitantly copied the movement Dean had made earlier.

Soon they were moving together, gasping for air as they kissed. Dean noticed the slight shift in Sam’s eyes as he got closer and closer and then Sam started nipping at his throat and Dean wondered if Sam was going to bite him. Dean had meant what he said, if it happened they would deal with it but he would prefer it not happen their first night back together so he tugged at Sam, pulling him up to kiss him, coaxing Sam’s tongue into his own mouth to lessen the chances of getting bitten. He heard something rip and Sam growled before slumping on top of him, Sam’s orgasm sending Dean over the edge. He hugged Sam close even as he fought to even out his breathing.

“You okay?” Dean whispered and Sam raised his head, smiling softly at him.

“That was……”

“Yeah.” Dean answered and then he saw the sheets.
“We’re gonna have fun explaining that to housekeeping.” He commented and Sam’s eyes widened as he saw the rips from his claws.
“Told you, you’d never hurt me. The bedding however….” Dean teased and Sam chuckled.

“Oops.” Sam answered and then nearly jumped as Dean’s phone rang. Dean groaned but reached for his discarded jeans, digging his phone out of the pocket.

“Hello?” He answered.

“Dean? You were meant to call, everything okay?” Bobby asked and both boys froze. Dean silently asked Sam who finally nodded.

“Everything’s great Bobby, got someone here who wants to say hello.” Dean told him and then held the phone out to Sam who swallowed but put it to his ear.

“Dad?” He whispered.

TBC…