Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


Disclaimer: Not mine.

Chapter 6

Sam screamed for Dean as he heard the sound of the blow, of Dean’s phone falling to the ground followed by the larger thud of a body. Without thinking about it he grabbed his gear and ran for his car, driving at speeds that would be unsafe for a normal human but his reflexes were a lot better than a humans. It took him two hours to reach Avoca and find the motel, the Impala still in its place beside Bobby’s truck. Sam got out and cautiously approached, ready for a fight. Dean’s door was still partially open so he slipped inside; scanning for threats but the room was empty. He could smell Dean and….sulphur as well as two unknown male scents beneath it. Checking Bobby’s room he found the same thing and headed out. Tracking vehicles was harder but he knew Dean’s scent better than anyone else’s and Bobby’s held the familiarity of a family member.

``````````````````````````````
When Dean woke up it was to a pounding headache and a pit of dread in his stomach. He cracked his eyes open to see Bobby tied up nearby along with a familiar figure that made his breath catch.

“Dad?” Dean managed to croak and John raised his head, staring vacantly at Dean before frowning.

“D’n.” John mumbled and Dean nodded, taking in his Dad’s battered form. He’d been tortured and from the looks of it half starved.

“It’s me Dad; I’m here, Bobby too.” Dean called, rolling over to try and crawl to his Dad. He managed it, scuffing his hands badly but he didn’t care as he finally sprawled beside his Dad. He struggled to sit up and then move so his arm brushed John. John gasped at the gentle, human contact and then he fell against Dean.

“Dean?” A groggy voice called and Dean looked up to see Bobby coming around.

“Here, so’s Dad.” Dean answered as Bobby struggled to move so he could see them.
“You okay?” Dean asked and Bobby grunted as he finally managed to move into a better position.

“Yeah. John? You okay?” Bobby asked, keeping the horror from his face but before John could answer the sound of a door opening reached them and to their shock John whimpered in fear, curling into his son. Dean couldn’t do anything but watch as the woman walked down the stairs, smirking as she saw the way John tried to hide.

“Both Winchesters and the famous Bobby Winchesters, things are going so much better than I ever dreamed.” She purred.
“John just….isn’t as fun as he used to be. Never expected you two to show up to take his place.”

“N..no…not D’n.” John stuttered moving to be between his son and the witch and she snarled. John screamed, writhing in agony even as Dean tried to help him despite being tied up.

“Stop it! Leave my Dad alone!” Dean screamed at her. She sneered but stopped and John lay in Dean’s lap, panting for air, his eyes unfocused.
“Dad? Dad talk to me.” Dean pleaded and John moaned.

“D…r…run….” John mumbled painfully and Dean closed his eyes in pain.

“Don’t worry John, your boy’s not going anywhere ever again.” She purred and Dean snarled in rage at her.
“I never thought sending out those low level demons to cause a bit of chaos would net me such a prize.” She laughed and then paused as noises filtered down the stairs form the house above.
“What the hell?” She murmured turning to head back up only for a body to fly past her. The man landed badly and Dean could see he was still smoking from holy water. Then a figure stepped onto the stairs and Dean felt a wave of relief and fear as he recognised Sam.
“Looks like I missed one.” She began chanting and Sam raised his gun, firing at her, only for the bullets to be stoped several inches from her body.
“You’ll have to do better than that kiddo.” She taunted and then flicked her risk. A trapdoor opened and out prowled the biggest wolf Dean had ever seen.

“Sam run!” Dean screamed as the wolf lunged, hearing Bobby echo his cry. The wolf pounced and Sam grabbed it, grappling with it before being knocked down the stairs. Sam scrambled up, shaking his head in an obvious attempt to clear the ringing from striking it on the concrete. Sam looked over at him and smiled sadly, making Dean scared.
“Sammy.” He whispered.

“Love you.” Sam answered and then turned to glare at the wolf, lips pulling back as he snarled. They all jumped at the animalistic noise coming from the usually easy going hunter. Sam suddenly launched himself at the animal and Dean stared in shock as Sam’s body twisted and changed mid air. What landed on the wolf wasn’t Sam but a sleek black cat. The two animals fought fiercely, rolling across the ground as each tried to gain the upper hand. Dean glanced at Bobby when he heard him swear and frowned at the way Bobby was staring at them.

“Irina.” Bobby whispered in shock.

“Bobby?” Dean demanded but the older hunter ignored him, too focused on the fight. Dean ignored the way John was cowering against him to watch the witch and the fight. He winced at the crack of bones and sound of ripping flesh as Sam’s jaws wrapped around the wolfs throat and ended the fight. Sam got to his feet and snarled at the witch, pacing towards her. She backed away and Sam pounced, taking her down and Dean closed his eyes as he heard her cut off scream. Sam got up and looked over at them, muzzle covered in blood. The cat took a few cautious steps towards them and John pushed himself away fearfully. Dean swallowed and stared at him, looking for anything of his Sam in those eyes.
“Sam?” Dean whispered fearfully and the cat dropped to its stomach, crawling towards him. Dean sat, frozen, as it finally reached him. It lowered its head and sniffed him, before rubbing its head against his leg. Dean gasped and it looked up at him, seeming to hunch in on itself.
“Sam, can you….can you understand?” Dean whispered and then watched as the cat nodded. He nearly jumped when it began purring, rubbing its head against Dean’s chest. He stiffened as Sam moved around behind him and he felt hot breath against his bound hands. He felt a rough tongue lick him briefly before there was a rip and his hands were free. Dean rubbed at his wrists, watching as Sam approached Bobby who was staring with wide eyes.

“Sam? You…. Ailuranthrope.” Bobby whispered and the cat nodded again, slowly moving behind Bobby to release him. Sam hovered as Bobby rubbed his wrists and then he reached out with a hesitant hand. Sam sat, frozen in hope as Bobby gently rubbed his ear, making him purr again.
“Your Dad……your Irina’s, aren’t you? You’re my son.” Bobby choked out and Sam’s head went down, ears flat.
“Sam I…..I’m sorry, for running her off, for making it seem like you couldn’t tell me.” Bobby whispered and Sam gently rubbed against him.

Dean glanced over and smiled as he finally worked out exactly who Sam’s dad was. He worked at his own Dad’s bindings, trying not to flinch at the wounds on him.

“Easy Dad, almost got you free of this. It’s gonna be okay, we’ll get you out of here and patch you up.” Dean whispered, struggling to get the ropes off.
“Damn it. Sam?” He called and the cat looked up at him.
“Can I get some help with this?” Dean asked and Sam walked over, Dean watching the way he moved, muscles bunching and stretching as he prowled over. Dean supported his Dad as Sam grabbed the ropes in his teeth. John screamed, trying to get away and Dean held him tightly.
“Dad its okay, Sam’s a friend, he won’t hurt you.” Dean told him and Sam’s head shot up to stare at him. Dean smiled at him and Sam moved his head closer, licking Dean’s cheek.
“Ewww, gross Sam.” Dean mumbled and Sam chuffed, obviously laughing at him. Dean adjusted his grip on his Dad even as Bobby joined them, helping him hold John still so Sam could break him free.
“So you gonna change back?” Dean asked and Sam looked between them as Dean and Bobby lifted John between them.

“It’s okay son.” Bobby whispered and Sam moved away from them, leaving them to watch in awe as he shifted from cat to man. Sam stayed crouched on the ground, naked, hiding behind his hair.
“Sam are you alright?” Bobby called and Sam finally looked up at them with scared hazel eyes. Dena looked at Bobby who nodded and took all of John’s weight, letting Dean walk over to Sam and kneel in front of him. Dean reached out and he could see Sam fighting not to flinch away. Dean swallowed and then grabbed Sam’s shoulder, pulling Sam into his arms to hug him. Sam shuddered and then slowly wrapped his arms around Dean’s waist.

“It’s okay Sammy, its okay.” Dean whispered and Sam clung to him.

“Sorry, I’m sorry. Should have told you but I was scared. Didn’t want you to hate me or try to hunt me.” Sam babbled and Dean kissed the top of his head.

“It’ll be okay, we’ll talk later okay?” Dean asked and Sam pulled his head back to look at Dean, relaxing at the lack of fear or hate in Dean’s eyes. Dean gently tugged and Sam got to his feet with him.
“So your clothes seem to be scattered around in shreds…..are there other houses around since you were the only one of us to come here conscious?” Dean asked and Sam leant against him.

“Not too close but the motel’s pretty busy.” Sam answered softly.

“Please say you brought a car?” Dean asked and Sam nodded.
“Good. Come on, let’s get out of here.” Dean said and Sam followed him back over to Bobby and John. Sam looked at John and then reached out to him.

“I can…..it’ll be easier for me to carry him.” Sam said and Bobby nodded, gently passing John over. Sam gently lifted the injured man, holding him like he weighed nothing. Dean nodded, impressed by that and then he pulled his jacket off; taking off his long sleeved over shirt and then wrapped it around Sam’s waist, just in case. Sam smiled slightly and then they headed upstairs. Sam led them out of the house and over to his car.

“We should burn the house down.” Dean commented and Bobby nodded.

“I’ll come back and do it once you’re all safe.” Sam told them, lowering John into the backseat. Dean crawled in with his Dad and Bobby got behind the wheel, leaving Sam to sit in the front passenger seat. The car ride was silent and it didn’t take long until Bobby was parking the Charger beside the Impala. Thankfully not too many people were around so they managed to get inside without any hassles. Sam grabbed his bag form where he’d dropped it, slipping into clothes even as Dean got out his first aid kit. Dean went to work on his Dad and shot Sam a grin before motioning at Bobby with his head. Sam nodded and went over to his Dad. Bobby looked at him and nodded, letting Sam patch him up.
“Are you okay?” Sam asked and Bobby grabbed his hand.

“I’ll be fine Sam. I….why didn’t you tell me?” Bobby asked and Sam shrugged uncomfortably.
“Sam please.”

“I didn’t want you to hate me. Mom told me what happened between you. I just…I got to talk to you through emails and then Dean introduced us and….I made myself be happy with that.” Sam admitted and Bobby reached out to pill Sam into a hug.

“You’re my son Sam. Where…..where’s Irina?” Bobby asked and Sam shuddered in his arms.
“Sam?” Bobby asked, dread filling him.

“She died when I was nine.” Sam admitted and Bobby tightened his grip on him.

“I wish you’d come to me, I wouldn’t have hurt you.” Bobby told him.

“I’m sorry B…..Dad?” Sam whispered hesitantly and Bobby nodded.
“Back there you said….you know what I am?” Sam asked and Bobby nodded.

“After Irina…..I started researching. I’d never come across anything like her before. Found the info about a year after she left but had no way to track her down and try to apologise. If I’d known about you Sam I would have looked for you.” Bobby explained and Sam shook his head.

“No one would take me in after…..I went wild till I was old enough to get around in human society without questions. If they couldn’t find me I doubt you could have. It’s okay.” Sam told him.

“No one….why Sam?” Bobby demanded and Sam moved away.

“Because……because I’m a half-breed freak according to most. Half jaguar half human. They all….they said I should have died with her.” Sam admitted softly but since he’d moved closer to Dean he heard it too.

“No.” Dean said and Sam looked over at him with wide eyes.
“Family doesn’t say stuff like that to each other. If they aid that then they don’t deserve you.” Dean stated and Sam managed a shaky smile for him.

“How’s your Dad?” He asked to change the subject.

“Not good, he needs a hospital but how do we explain?” Dean asked and Bobby frowned.

“Leave it to me, just call the ambulance.” Bobby said and Sam went to work hiding anything they didn’t want being seen.

``````````````````````````````````````
Dean saw Sam slip out of the waiting room and went after him, afraid Sam was going to run. Sure enough he found Sam in the parking lot.

“Running?” He called and Sam spun to stare at him, looking so lost and scared it hurt.
“Sammy come here.” Dean called, walking slowly closer and holding his hands out. Sam stayed where he was, frozen, as Dean moved closer. Dean reached out and pulled Sam into his arms, kissing Sam’s throat when Sam remained too stiff to tug down into a kiss. Dean held him, refusing to let go until Sam slowly began to relax a little.
“It’s okay Sam, I….I love you. This…..it doesn’t matter. I know you; I know you don’t hurt people. You’re a hunter just like me. I would like to know about you Sam; I mean werewolves are allergic to silver. What about you? I don’t want to accidentally hurt you or something.” Dean explained and Sam stared at him, hope slowly growing in his eyes.

“I’m sorry I didn’t tell you. I love you, wanted to tell you so badly.” Sam whispered, finally lowering his head hesitantly. Dean smiled and leant up to kiss him softly. Sam whimpered and then pulled him closer, breaking the kiss to bury his head in Dean’s neck. Dean rubbed his back, trying to offer comfort. He couldn’t imagine what Sam had been going through, trying to hide what he was all the time especially as they’d gotten more intimate. And yeah, it hurt a lot that Sam hadn’t trusted him enough to tell him the truth but he could understand why Sam had been scared to say anything. Most hunters wouldn’t care but Dean knew Sam, had watched him around people. Sam was no monster. He just had to make Sam realise that he knew that.

TBC….