Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


Disclaimer: Not mine.

Chapter 9

Dean smiled as he opened the motel room door but then hesitated, something was different. He looked around, frowning and then slammed open the bathroom door, nothing. Sam was gone.

“Sam?” He called out hesitantly despite knowing there’d be no answer. He swallowed but then went next door, banging on Bobby’s door until the man answered.

“Dean? What’s wrong?” He asked.

“Sam, is Sammy here?” Dean demanded wildly and Bobby frowned but shook his head.

“Dean calm down. What’s wrong with Sam?”

“He’s gone, his bags, car…..why did he leave?” Dean asked and Bobby pulled him inside the room, making him sit down at the table before grabbing his cell phone to dial Sam’s number. He wasn’t overly surprised when it went to voicemail.

“Sam its Dad, whatever’s going on….come back. You’ve scared Dean and me. Just call or something, let us know you’re okay.” Bobby stated and then hung up, meeting Dean’s lost gaze.
“He’ll come back Dean, he loves you.” Bobby assured him and Dean looked down.

“He…….when I got back last night, something happened. It was like……his inner kitty decided to come out and play a little while we were, you know. It was a bit different but I still knew he wouldn’t hurt me. Afterwards Sam was…..he was terrified, no matter how many times I told him he hadn’t hurt me and that it was fine.” Dean explained softly and Bobby squeezed his shoulder.

“It’ll be okay Dean. We’ll figure out what’s going on.” Bobby promised.

````````````````````````````````````
Sam picked his phone up and saw the missed calls. He shakingly dialled his voicemail and listened to his Dad and then Dean. He was tempted to throw it away but….he couldn’t do it. Instead he sent two words by text. Once done he started driving again, going to the one person he knew might help him. If she wouldn’t he didn’t know what else to do.

```````````````````````````````````````
Dean looked at his phone as it buzzed, hands shaking as he realised it was from Sam. He called the text up and stared at the four words.

I’m okay. Love you.

At least he knew Sam was alright, he’d already tried tracking the GPS in Sam’s phone but Sam had disabled it. No explanation for why he’d left or when, if, he’d be back though and that hurt. Had he done something wrong? He pushed those thoughts aside as he walked into his Dad’s hospital room.

“Hey Dad, how’re you feeling?” Dean asked when he saw he was awake.

“Pissed off they won’t let me leave.” He grumbled and Dean grinned.

“Well don’t ask me to break you out either. You can barely stand let alone run. A few more weeks at least to build your strength back up and make sure everything’s okay.” Dean offered and John sighed but nodded. Dean was just happy he seemed to be recovering mentally. He hated seeing his Dad so scared an unsure.

“What’s wrong?” John asked and Dean sighed.

“Nothing big Dad, you just focus on getting better.” Dean argued but his Dad just stared at him.
“It’s…..Sam’s gone. Got a text saying he’s okay but…..he just up and left without saying anything to me or Bobby.” Dean admitted.

“Good.” John grumbled and Dean glared at him.

“Don’t! You don’t know him Dad. Sam is……he’s a great hunter and a wonderful person. He’s saved mine and Bobby’s life several times. First time I met Sam was because he stopped a bunch of bikers from killing me. I was a complete stranger to him Dad. I…I love him.” Dean told him before leaving.

``````````````````````````````````````````````
Sam ran on four legs, enjoying the feeling of freedom. He’d left his car back at a rest stop and was heading in, in jaguar form. There were no roads leading in to the old town where the small Pride lived. He prowled in, standing and waiting for someone to come greet him. Soon enough a small bobcat emerged and rubbed against him in greeting. They changed back, neither bothered by their nudity.

“Hello Sam.” She greeted him and he smiled.

“Lily.” He replied, sitting beside her.

“What’s wrong Sam? Your mother’s Pride giving you trouble. You’re welcome here but we can’t interfere in that.” She warned and he nodded.

“I know. I um….I need information.” He admitted.

“What sort?”

“Well….I uh……”

“Has little Sammy found a mate?” She asked, suddenly getting why Sam was so shy.

“Um, sort of? It’s not, he’s not…..”

“He?” She asked in disbelief and he shrugged.

“Half-human. Besides, I love him.” He admitted quietly and Lily thought it over for a while before nodding.

“Okay so what do you need to know?” She asked and Sam gave her a grateful smile.

“Well…..things have been going well, physically, between us. Dean didn’t know though, he found out a week ago. I changed to save him from a witch. He….he was scared at first but then…..he told me he could see ‘me’ still even in my jaguar form. He petted me, told me he loved me. Didn’t even flinch when I shifted back.” Sam explained and Lily smiled at him.

“I’m happy for you.” She told him, taking his hand.

“Thanks.” Sam whispered.
“We haven’t…..you know, all the way. But the other night….it got out of hand and I couldn’t….I couldn’t control the jaguar. Dean promised I didn’t hurt him but I saw the scratches on his chest. I’d torn his shirt to shreds…..” Sam whispered.
“I tried to stop but I just felt…..so hot and……”

“Oh Sam, its okay. That’s perfectly natural. You found the one you want to mate with…male or not……it sent you into Heat. Honestly I didn’t think you’d ever experience it since you’re past puberty and it never happened.” Lily explained.

“Normal! I…I was like a wild animal!” Sam argued and she just looked at him.

“Half of you is a wild animal Sam! It doesn’t mean you would have hurt him though.”

“So wanting to bite him was normal?” He snapped and she froze.

“Tell me you didn’t!”

“What? No, I didn’t. I bit the pillow.” Sam answered and she relaxed.
“Why?” Sam asked, suddenly wary.

“Sam do you know how werewolves, the ones humans hunt down, came about?” She asked gently and Sam shook his head.

“A true lycanthrope bit the human they mated with. He panicked and ran while the wolf was asleep, the next full moon….from there it spread fairly quickly. If you had bitten Dean…..he would be the first werejaguar I suppose. There have been successful infections over the years, ones humans don’t hear about because the human knows in advance and is helped through the process by their mate. It would extend his lifespan to closer to yours, make him harder to kill…you’ll need to tell him, let him make the choice. If he doesn’t want it then you will have to find a way to keep from biting him.” Lily explained as gently as she could but Sam just stared at her in horror.

“I could……no, no. Not to Dean. He’s a hunter, he’d never accept it.” Sam argued and she sighed.

“He accepted you didn’t he? Sam just talk to him about what is happening, he said he loves you, he’ll be willing to work it out I’m sure.” She offered but Sam stood up, pacing in agitation.

“No, I can’t risk…..thanks.” He mumbled and then took off, changing on the fly. Lily watched him go, a sinking feeling in her gut.

``````````````````````````````````````````````
Dean checked his phone again but there was still nothing. It’d been three months since Sam had vanished and they’d only gotten that one text from him. For all they knew the kid was dead. Bobby was taking it really hard, he’d found his son only to lose him a few days later and Dean blamed himself for it. He should have realised how badly Sam was reacting to what had happened and not let him out of his sight. The only high point was his Dad was finally out of hospital even though he wasn’t quite up to hunting again. So he was crashing at Bobby’s and Dean was alone, trying to find Sam. He had no clue how to find him though, he’d tried everything.

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Bobby was coming very close to threatening John with a shotgun again. If the man said one more thing against his son……

“Damn it John! Sam is my son, a son who grew up with no one because his mother’s people saw him as some sort of genetic freak and he thought I’d try to kill him. Despite everything he became a hunter, has spent the last several years protecting people, the same as the rest of us. Without him we’d all be dead or worse.” Bobby snapped angrily. John stared at him in shock before going back to reading. Bobby just shook his head and went back to work finding an obscure reference for another hunter.

````````````````````````````````````````````
Dean was headed for the bar when it caught his eye. He stared in shock at the car he knew almost as well as his own. He walked over slowly, running a hand over the black metal before smiling softly.

“Found you Sammy.” He whispered.

TBC…