Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


Disclaimer: Not mine.

Chapter 6

Dean smiled when he saw Sam sprawled on the lake shore. Sam had been there every day when Dean emerged from the water and Dean found himself really enjoying not being alone. Sam looked up and grinned at him and Dean couldn’t help grinning back as he joined the human on the ground, lying so that they were almost touching. Sam began talking about nothing in particular and Dean listened intently, learning more English from the hunter. Dean especially liked it when it got too late for Sam to go back to town and he spent the night in the cave. When Sam was fast asleep Dean would join him, watching him sleep or curiously touching him without waking him. He knew it was probably wrong to do but he couldn’t help it, Sam fascinated him in a way no human he’d seen before had.

Dean was finding himself drawn more and more to the strange hunter and it scare him but it also felt so good to not be alone, to be able to talk to someone without having to worry they’d learn what he was. The longer Sam was around the more Dean wanted him to stay, to let him know everything there was to know about his kind in the hope that Sam could accept and agree to what Dean was starting to want. But Sam was a hunter, even if he understood why would he want it?

“Hey, you okay?” A soft voice called and Dean blinked as Sam rolled to his side to look at him. “What is it?” Sam asked in growing concern and Dean reached out to touch his arm. Sam stayed still, watching him, as cool fingers traced over his warm skin. Dean was shocked that Sam wasn’t pulling away but he kept touching the muscular arm, fascinated by the way the small hairs moved under his fingers. Dean glanced up at Sam who just smiled at him and then moved. Dean tensed, worried he’d upset his friend but Sam just yanked his shirt off and lay down to soak up the sun. “I don’t mind Dean.” Sam told him and Dean slowly lowered his hand to Sam’s chest. Sam lay still, fighting slight shivers as cool hands wandered over his bared skin. Sam slowly raised his own hand to touch Dean’s arm, finding the skin to be cool and hairless. “Your skin is cool….are you cold?” Sam asked and Dean shook his head.

“Always this temperature.” He whispered, still exploring the warm skin until he came to a scar. Sam moved slightly and Dean froze, afraid he’d hurt him.

“It’s ticklish, not painful.” Sam assured him.

“It’s different.”

“A scar, vampire got too close in a fight.”

Dean studied the section of white, harder skin. “A scar.”

“Open wounds heal and toughen the skin, leaving a mark.” Sam explained. “Don’t you have any scars?”

“No.” Dean answered and then took off his own shirt to let Sam see; sure enough his skin was flawless. Sam’s hand hovered over the skin and Dean nodded, letting Sam touch him in return, forcing himself to remain relaxed until his body adjusted to being touched. Sam was so warm, his hands calloused but gentle.

“You’re not used to being touched.” Sam whispered, sensing how Dean had forced himself to stay relaxed and Dean shrugged. “Guess that makes sense since you live alone and don’t go into town much.” Dean closed his eyes as Sam kept touching him, enjoying the feel of someone touching him without trying to hurt him. He shifted slightly moving closer to Sam and then he found an arm wrapping around him, gently holding him and his eyes flew open. Sam was watching him and Dean sighed, letting his eyes fall closed again as he relaxed against the human. He turned his head towards Sam, nestling against his shoulder and inhaling his unique scent, there was something……..sulphur? Dean tensed; he knew what that scent meant but Sam? Sam sat up and Dean opened his eyes, suddenly wary and scared. Even here he would be hard pressed to win against a demon, especially one wearing a hunter. “Dean? What’s wrong?” Dean pulled away, scrambling back and Sam held his hands up. “Dean?” He sounded so worried, so sincere but Dean knew that scent.

“Demon.” He spat and Sam went white, shaking his head in denial but Dean knew what he’d smelt.

“Dean no, I’m not.” Sam whispered, moving to hug himself and Dean hesitated half way back to the water, he wasn’t acting very demonish.

“Know that scent.” Dean snapped and Sam frowned.

“Scent?” He asked in confusion and then closed his eyes. Dean tensed waiting to see what colour they would flash but when they opened again they were still the same colour as always. “You can smell...Dean I swear I am not a demon, I’m Sam Winchester, hunter and……..” Sam took a shaky breath and then stared at him. “One of the demon Azazel’s ‘psychic kids’. He killed my Mom when I was a bay and……and bled into my mouth. That’s what you smell, his blood in me.” Sam stared at the ground then, huddled forlornly and Dean stared at him. Sam wasn’t a demon? This hadn’t all been an elaborate trap or game?

Dean slowly moved closer to Sam again. Not a demon? He sniffed at Sam who stayed huddle, smelling sulphur, gun powder and something else, fresh cut grass and the sea. The sulphur scent was definitely there but far weaker than the other scents, no wonder he hadn’t picked it up before. It was far too weak for a demon. Dean hesitantly reached out to touch Sam’s hair and felt Sam tense and shudder, a soft noise coming from the hunter. Dean reached out and carefully tugged Sam into his arms, trilling softly to the distraught male and Sam slowly relaxed in his arms, slumping in his hold. Dean nuzzled at him, trilling continuously as he got up; carrying the taller human to the cave to settle him on the sleeping bag Sam had put in it. Sam whimpered when Dean tried to let go so he lay down and curled around him and Sam clung to him even as he fell asleep. Dean watched him sleep, gently licking the trails of salt water from his cheeks. He wouldn’t; couldn’t; force Sam to stay with him but he would do everything he could to make Sam want to, Sam was his human now, demon blood or not. He didn’t want Sam to ever leave; it was as dangerous out there for Sam with his mixed blood as it was for Dean. Sam would be safer here with him.

TBC…