Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


Disclaimer: Nit mine.

Chapter 2

Caleb woke near dawn, he though he heard something. Frowning he got up and moved to check outside. He opened the door and tripped over Sam. Hissing in pain as he once more got intimate with the ground. "Sonovabitch!"

Sam moaned and shivered but didn't wake, curled up on himself, tears dry on his cheeks as his teeth chattered. Caleb got up and looked over at Sam blinking. He figured that Sam would have gone back to his bed after he closed the door on him. He moved so he was sitting next to Sam and leaned against his older brother, sharing his body heat. Sam whimpered in his sleep, trying to move closer to the sudden warmth even as he started sweating, fever setting in from his night on the freezing floor.

Caleb frowned when he felt the heat and rolled his eyes. Stupid human, no ability to regulate his body temperature like an Infiltrator. Sighing he got up and pulled Sam with him, heading back upstairs to tuck him into bed. Sam and Dean instantly rolled towards each other, looking for warmth and comfort but one hand remained weakly clutching at Caleb as if even asleep Sam knew Caleb might leave. Caleb pulled Sam's hand off so he could tuck Sam in. He then grabbed a blanket and lay down next to Sam, snuggling under said blanket. As soon as Caleb was still Sam's hand searched for him again but Sam didn't show any signs of waking, his fever gradually rising even as he started to cough.

The Infiltrator cracked an eye open at the cough and sighed. He then pushed himself up and got a wash cloth and some cold water. He drenched the cloth and put it over Sam's forehead. Sam began to toss restlessly, reaching out for someone.

"D'nt go....Caleb...." Sam mumbled deliriously. Caleb took his hand, regulating his temperature so it was cool, but not too cold.

"Right here Sam." Caleb told him, mopping his brow with the cool wet cloth.

“Sorry, do't leave.....love...Caleb." Sam thrashed and then fever bright eyes opened but didn't focus as he continued to call for Caleb.

"Sam... Sam!" Caleb called, shaking him slightly to try and get Sam to focus on him. "I'm right here.”

"What's going on up here?" Bobby asked as he opened the door, staring at Caleb in shock.

Caleb looked at Bobby and swallowed. "Sam's sick... I dunno... not a healer... I... I was just mad! I was hurt! I didn't want him to get sick!"

"Calm down son." Bobby soothed as he moved over to check on Sam.
"Looks like he caught a chill. I'll go get some Tylenol and ice, see if we can get that fever down." Bobby told him.

Caleb nodded and pulled Sam to his chest, mopping his brow some more. "C'mon Sam... use that big brain of yours."

"De'n." Sam called and Dean stirred, blinking sleepily.

"Sammy?" Dean called, looking at them in confusion.

"Gotta.....prot't Caleb....mad...don't leave." Sam mumbled and Dean stared at Caleb with wide eyes.

"What's wrong with Sammy?" He asked.

"He's sick." Caleb replied, running the cloth over Sam's face gently. "Has a fever."

"Sick......like before? He screamed so loud.....don't want him to be sick."

"I dunno about before." Caleb replied. "We just need to keep the fever down." He grabbed Dean's hand and rested it on Sam's forehead to show him how hot his brother was.

"Hot before too. Screamed and Bobby had to chain him up." Dean whimpered, looking to Caleb for comfort. Sammy had said not to leave him but that Caleb was mad, that Caleb would protect him.
"I don't think we need to chain him up." Caleb replied. "Just cool him down. I think he's worried about me."

"Why? You sick too?" Dean asked, putting his hand to Caleb's forehead.
"Not hot."

"We had a fight." Caleb replied blinking at Dean's hand on his forehead. "I wanted to be alone and bonehead here didn't leave... so he got himself sick."

"What's a fight? Sammy never leaves. He protects, shouldn't try to leave." Dean told him solemnly.

"Sam said something that hurt me... I wanted to be alone." Caleb explained. "I didn't leave... you two left me first."

Dean frowned, he didn't understand. He hated the fact he didn't understand things sometimes. He knew he used to.

"Knew you...before?" He asked hesitantly.
"Caleb brother like Sammy. Wouldn't leave by choice. Did the bad lady make you leave?" Dean asked.

"No. You and Sam wouldn't let me come with you." Caleb replied hotly. The whole conversation upsetting him again. "Wanted to protect me... cause I can't do anything... just a screw up." Caleb’s words made Dean frown and then reached out to touch Caleb's cheek, a vague memory making it through the fog in his head.

"Caleb not a screw up. Little brother, have to protect." Dean told him, fighting to hold onto the memory of Caleb.
"Love Caleb. Not screw up." He stated firmly.

"I don't need protection!" Caleb yelled. "I'm a freaking genetically engineered computer enhanced infiltration and assassination unit. I can handle myself and I don't need to be shoved aside because of two humans thinking I'm breakable!" Caleb’s yelling made Dean whimper in fear, eyes wide.

"Sorry, sorry. Not mad, please don't hurt." Dean pleaded, staring at Caleb but seeing Her.

"I'm not gonna hurt you..." Caleb muttered as he went back to cooling Sam down. "But you and Sam really hurt me." That made Dean calm a bit and look at him, nervously touching his hand.

"Sorry. Don't remember but sorry. Sammy wouldn't mean to hurt. Love Caleb." Dean told him, anxiously leaning over to kiss him.

"You didn't even know me last night." Caleb grumbled as he nuzzled against Dean, letting the Incubus kiss him. Wondering where the heck Bobby was, there was no way the old hunter didn't hear his outburst.

Caleb was right about Bobby hearing them, he hovered outside the room but didn't go in, figuring they needed to talk and maybe it would help Dean remember Caleb.

Dean stared at Caleb, fighting to remember something, anything and then something hit him hard.

"You....meant to kill me." he whispered with wide eyes. But Sammy would never let anyone near him that would hurt him.
"But didn't."

Caleb nodded a bit and looked away. "Yeah... I didn't. I just became part of the family. Sam wouldn't take no for an answer."

"Sammy does that lots. Want to remember you. Tell me? It helps." Dean pleaded, moving on the bed to curl closer to Caleb.

Caleb looked away as Dean curled with him. Still hurt. He did his best to keep tight lipped but once he looked at Dean's wide curious eyes he sighed and relented. "I was created by this computer; I am kind of like the Ultimate Mole."

Dean bit his lip, mole......
"Spy? Like.....like the movie Bobby watched? Created like I was? Human and then something different? No.......cat. Something to do with a cat." Dean said, grinning at the fuzzy memory.

"What movie? Was Bobby showing you James Bond again?" Caleb shot a glare at the peeking Hunter. "A little bit of you, some animal, cat mostly, and computer mixed into one."

"Me?" Dean blinked in surprise and then smiled at Caleb, grabbing his hand.
"Caleb family. Caleb protect Sammy?" Dean asked, staring at him trustingly.

"You do know I look just like you right Dean?" He reached up and flicked a bang from Dean's face with a soft smile, not answering about protecting Sammy. Dean looked at himself and then at Caleb before shaking his head and tugging at Caleb's hair then his own.

"Nope. Longer." Dean told him, staring at Caleb's face. Sammy had shown him what he looked like in a.....mirror! They looked different.
"Brighter." Dean said, pointing to his own vivid eyes.
"Sammy said....incubus look different, no.....scars anymore. More....more re..refined f..looks." Dean couldn't remember all the words Sam had used but he thought he got the point across. Maybe Caleb looked like Dean had before?

Caleb looked Dean over for a moment before using his computer to make his eyes match Dean's. "It's hard for me to scar also. I look like you did when you were 20."

"Wow. I looked like that? Don't remember. Do…how old am I?" Dean asked him.

"You're 29 Dean." Caleb replied, reaching out to run his hand through his hair. "Bobby quit hiding and bring the ice and medicine for Sam."

"Here." Bobby said as he pushed the door open, putting the medical kit beside the bed and handing Caleb the bucket of ice. Dean curiously picked up a piece and dropped it in shock at the coldness.

"That's for Sam." Caleb pushed Dean's hand away and put some ice in a cloth and placed it on Sam's head. "Took you long enough to get back Bobby."

"Sounded like you two needed to talk." He answered with a shrug.
"Give a shout if you need me, I'll be out back working."

Sam moaned and flinched away from the coldness before slowly relaxing a little, still coughing. Dean watched him closely from his position curled against Caleb.
"Why does Sam get sick? I don't. Do you?" Dean asked his brother.

"Sam did something stupid." Caleb replied. "I can get sick, but my computer keeps me very healthy." He patted Sam's cheek, "Sam... need to take some meds. C'mon big bro."

Sam moaned, trying to get away from Caleb's hand but finally his eyes opened to fevered slits.

"Sammy?" Dean practically chirped at seeing his eyes open and Sam's head lolled on the pillow in his direction.

"Hot." Sam mumbled.

"Yeah, you have a fever." Caleb smirked. "I need you to take these pills." He placed the pills to his lips. "C'mon, I need you to get better."

Sam's lips parted to take the pills even as his eyes wandered over to Caleb.
"Re...ly here?" Sam mumbled around the pills, not sure if he was really seeing Caleb or not.

"Yeah. Really here." Caleb tipped the water to Sam's mouth. "You fell asleep in front of the panic room door and made yourself sick you dumbass."

Sam reached out shakily to Caleb, needing to know he was real.
"Stay." He whispered.
"Love." Sam moaned again, fighting to stay conscious.

"I didn't leave you." Caleb bit out. "You sent me away. Remember?" Sam just kept reaching for him even as his eyes began to fall shut. He needed Caleb to stay, to be real. Caleb took his hand in his own. "Not leaving Sam. Staying right here." Sam weakly squeezed his hand before losing the fight against unconsciousness, eyes sliding shut again.

"Sammy?" Dean called fearfully, scared something was really wrong.

"He needs to sleep." Caleb told Dean. "It helps him get better." He placed the ice bag on Sam's forehead. "Hold this here."

Dean took hold of the ice pack and looked at Caleb, hoping he could make Sammy better. Caleb nodded and gave him a smile before getting up and off the bed. He needed to go to the bathroom. Dean whimpered as Caleb moved away.

"Caleb stay." he called out, reaching for him with his free hand.

Caleb grabbed his hand and squeezed. "I need to go to the bathroom. I'll be right back. Okay?”

"Bathroom? Oh, the thing Sammy does when I'm in the bath?" He asked curiously.

"Yeah, something like that." Caleb replied before leaving to take care of his business. He came back a few minutes later and flopped down on the bed. Dean kept holding the ice pack but watched Caleb closely. Caleb felt eyes on him and looked over at Dean curiously.

“You liked it, nearly fell down cause you hadn't had any before." Dean whispered in concentration, trying to hold onto the faint memory.

Caleb cocked his head to the side curiously. "Liked what?"

"Cold....." Dean struggled to find the words he needed.
"Cream...used spoon, eating." he struggled, looking at Caleb, hoping he understood.

Caleb smiled a bit. "Oh, Ice cream?"

Dean grinned and nodded, happy Caleb had understood.
"Bobby and Sammy eat sometimes, I'm not allowed." Dean pouted at that, it looked kind of nice and they seemed to like it and now he remembered Caleb liked it too.

"Why aren't you allowed?" Caleb blinked at that.

"Not allowed human food, makes me sick. Didn't like that." Dean told him, making a face at the memory.
"Have water and...juice! But only a little juice or I feel bad." Dean told him.

"Ah." Caleb nodded his understanding the thought about something. He took the ice pack from Dean and changed his voice to sound just like Sam. "Take a nap Dean."

Dean blinked at hearing the order, before yawning, suddenly sleepy. He looked at Caleb in confusion before crawling to him and putting his head in his lap, curling around him.

"Sleepy." He mumbled before his eyes fell shut. There was no bond to back the order but his body was so used to obeying Sam's voice that the order alone was enough to make him think he was sleepy but wasn't instantaneous like when Sam told him to do things. Caleb blinked at that and ran his hand through Dean's hair letting him sleep. Waiting up and taking care of both his brothers, waiting to see who woke first.

TBC…