Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


“I can’t believe they suggested there should be a fourth task to determine who won,” Neville said in disgust as he dragged his trunk into the compartment on the passenger car.

“They actual wanted to redo all three Tasks since they believe that Crouch rigged the Task so I would have a chance to win,” Harry said as he sat down.

Neville snorted. “I assume you said no.”

“I didn’t get a chance,” Harry admitted. “Never piss off a veela for they are lovely and not one to be angered.”

“Fireballs at their heads?” Neville chucked.

“Try lower,” Harry replied with an evil grin.

Neville winced in sympathy. “So how did they settle it?”

“Go Fish,” Harry replied. “They couldn’t come to an agreement about how to settle it since Krum and Cedric were Quidditch players, Fleur is one of the best chess players at Beauxbatons. Every way they could think of settling it, someone pointed out that someone else had an unfair advantage so they couldn’t use it. Since I refuse to compete, I suggested a game of Go Fish and they agreed to it; of course I had to teach them how to play it first.”

Neville started to chuckle. “A wizard tournament decided by a Muggle game.”

“A Muggle children’s game,” Harry corrected. “I doubt you’ll ever see that in a history book. It’s not the wizard way.”

“Yeah,” Neville said somberly. “I never figured people would react that way. I mean a lot of them were pro-Muggle-born and pro-Muggle but when you used that Muggle equipment in the first Task, it was like they changed.”

Harry shrugged his shoulders. “It’s one thing to think someone or something is cute and harmless but something else when the truth is shoved in their face. They got a harsh reminded that Muggle are smart; talent and they outnumber the wizard world but a big percentage. They were scared.”

“I know,” Neville replied with a sigh. “I expect the Ministry will enact more laws against the use of Muggle stuff in wizard homes.”

Harry shrugged his shoulder. “Only if the people allow them to do it. If they want the same things the rest of the world has they need to fight for them; if not then they have all they’re ever going to have. A society struck in the past, never growing, never improving and slowly dying out as they drive those who want more into the arms of the Muggle world.”

A thoughtful look appeared on Neville’s face. “You can do something about that,” he suggested. “If you put your support behind a movement to get the Ministry to allow more Muggle items in our world, people to would listen. I mean, Harry Potter – The Boy Who Lived… that name has power behind it.”

“You seem to be forgetting our second year. The Heir of Slytherin,” Harry countered with a shake of his head. “Besides I don’t plan on returning to the wizard world, so I doubt they’ll be listening to me.”

Neville looked at his friend blankly before saying, “You mean after taking the N.E.W.T.s?”

Harry shook his head. “Do you remember what the requirements to compete in the Tournament were?”

“Well the Cup had to have chosen you,” Neville said. “Or in your case Crouch helped the Cup choose you.”

“What else?” Harry said smugly.

“You had to be 17 years old or older,” Neville said.

“And I’m almost 15,” Harry said. “But you’re missing the one big requirement everyone forgot about.”

Neville’s brow furrowed with thought. “You have to be magical?” he suggests.

“What do you need to do to attend classes past 5th year?” Harry asked

“Pass your O.W.L.s,” Neville answered in confusion.

“And when you have Headmasters and Headmistress of 3 different schools and a Ministry employee say you have to compete in a tournament with those requirements, what do you get?” Harry said.

Neville stared at Harry for a moment before his brighten in realization. “They declare you are an adult!”

Harry nodded his head while wearing a ‘cat who ate he canary’ smile. “I’ve already contacted the International Confederation of Wizards and the Goblin nation and both agree that due to the requirements set down for the Tournament and the fact I was forced to compete means in the eyes of the law, I’m an adult with full rights. Of course they suggested that I take my N.E.W.T.s at a later point in my life.”

Neville started to chuckle. “I can’t imagine that some people are going to be happy with this.”

“I don’t believe they will be but honestly I really don’t care. They’re the ones who forced me to compete and who failed to support me when almost everyone turned against this year and during our second year,” Harry answered.

With a nod of his head, Neville accepted Harry’s reasons behind leaving the wizard world. “So what are you going to do? Go back to the Muggle world; back to your home?”

“Back to the Dursley’s… hell no! I plan to escape Britain and Dumbledore’s influence. Travel for a bit before settling down to someplace warm and sunny,” Harry admitted. “Figure I’ll continue my Muggle and wizard education and actual earn my N.E.W.T.s.”

“And what about that dark wizard who was working with Crouch? I’m sure there are others who will come after you.” Neville reminded him.

Harry just smiled. A shiver went through Neville at the sight of that smile.

“Oh I have plans for them. Muggles make such interesting toys that go boom.”

~*~

At Platform 9 and 3/4, the students disembarking from the train found themselves greeted by the sight of their families as well as a squad of armed goblin warriors.

“Mr. Potter, my warriors and I are here to escort you to your destination,” the largest and scariest goblin said.

Harry nodded his head. “My thanks to you, your warriors and the Goblin Nation.”

“Harry, where are you going?” Hermione asked.

“Speaking to me now, Miss Granger?”

“Harry,” Hermione said his name in a disapproving tone. “You used Muggle technology in a wizard competition. While it wasn’t forbidden by the rules, you shouldn’t have done it. You had an unfair advantage against other other Champions.”

“All of who were older and more educated than I am,” Harry reminded her. “So what do you want, Granger?”

Hermione was startled by the harsh tone of Harry’s voice. Collecting herself, she demanded, “I want to know where you’re going with these goblins.”

“No,” Harry replied simply.

“No?” Hermione sputtered. “I’m your friend and I should know where you’re going and if you’ll be safe.”

“You were my friend until you turned your back on me, Miss Granger. And know you’re just an acquaintance, who doesn’t deserve to know anything but what I want her to know,” Harry said.

Hermione stared at Harry in shock as Mrs. Weasley came up behind her.

“Harry dear,” Mrs. Weasley said as she took in the situation. “Shouldn’t you be leaving to meet with your Aunt and Uncle?”

“The Dursleys already know that I won’t be returning to their home this year or any other,” Harry admitted.

“But they’re your guardians, Harry,” Mrs. Weasley pointed out.

“Not anymore,” Harry said. “I’m now an emancipated minor in the Muggle world, Mrs. Weasley.”

“Has the Headmaster been informed of this change?” Mrs. Weasley asked. “I’m sure he’s told you how important it is for you to return there; how it’s safer for you there.”

“In my opinion, the Headmaster can go fuck a goat,” Harry replied.

“Harry,” Hermione said in outrage as Mrs. Weasley said, “That’s no way to speak about the Headmaster!”

“I think that’s an excellent way to speak about Dumbledore,” the goblin warrior in command of the squad chimed in. “Or how about he should keep his nose out of other people business.”

“Stop playing games with other people’s lives,” Harry suggested.

“He actually tried that with our King many years ago. He tried to tell our King which goblin maiden to pick.” The goblin warrior snorted. “Our King was not pleased. It was almost the start of another Goblin/Wizard War. Luckily your grandfather, Mr. Potter, cast a silencing spell on him and informed our King that Dumbledore was stupid child who had delusions of adequacy.”

“Don’t you mean delusions of grandeur,” Hermione commented.

“I meant what I said, human,” the goblin warrior replied.

“If Dumbledore was trying for adequacy back then and is now looked at as being the greatest in the world, does that mean standards have fallen,” Harry asked no one in particular.

“Undoubtly so,” the goblin warrior answered. “But I blame the wizard world’s unofficial theme rather than they’re educational standards.”

“Unofficial theme?” Harry asked

“Incest is best. Put your mother, father, brother, sister to the test,” the goblin replied.

“It is not!” Mrs. Weasley screeched.

The goblin raised an eyebrow at her comment. “And exactly what is Arthur Weasley to you aside from being your husband?”

Mrs. Weasley left out a humph as she crossed her arms over her chest and glared at the goblin warrior.

Harry looked at the goblin for the answer.

“Second cousins,” the goblin replied.

Harry’s face twisted up in distaste. “Ahhh… actual that explains a bit about Ron,” he said thoughtfully.

Mrs. Weasley looked at Harry with narrowed eyes. “And what exactly do you mean by that, Mr. Potter?”

“Well while your son might be good a chess, he’s not that good when it comes to his school work. I had assumed he was just lazy but after hearing you married your cousin… well I’m left wondering his lack of grasping things, his short temper and problem with jealousy might be an effect of inbreeding.”

Mrs. Weasley’s mouth opened. Closed. Opened. Closed

“It also explains your daughter’s stalking nature and how she thinks she’ll be the next Mrs. Potter,” Harry commented.

“The Malfoy heir is another fine example of inbreeding,” the goblin warrior added in.

Harry nodded his head. “I think that could be said of the majority of Slytherin.”

“For most Pure-bloods,” the goblin warrior commented softly. “It’s time for us to leave, Mr. Potter if you don’t want to be late for your portkey.”

Harry nodded his head.

“You never said were you were going, Harry,” Hermione said suddenly.

“Any place that is away from here,” Harry answered. “When you see the Headmaster next year, please thank him for declaring me an adult in the magical world. If he hadn’t forced me to compete in the Tournament than I would be forced to attend Hogwarts for the next 3 yrs. But now I’m free to do whatever I want to do as a legal adult and the one thing I want to do is escape all of you back-stabbing, two face bastards.”

And with that Harry disappeared with the goblin warriors not to be seen in the British Wizard world for many years. But then that is a different story.