Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


AN: Thanks again to my beta TakiKiOni who is trying very hard to make me clean up my writing. Any mistakes are of course mine – she cant be expected to find everything. Also sorry for the delay but the bunny decided to jump over to another story then went to sleep.


Mac looked out the windows in his office. It had been close to eight hours ago that Danny Messer turned his world on end, when he got back he had asked HR to pull the timesheets for all his people, including him, and the report was sitting on his desk. Every time he looked at it, it said the same thing, and he didn't like what it at all. 'When did I become one of the bastard CO's that we hated because they played obvious favorites?' Unfortunately the facts didn't lie and he really wish they did. 'Did I keep Danny here that much because I hated him or to keep him under eye? I can't believe I left on vacation to England with Peyton without checking on my people first. Danny and Adam had been beaten. Especially Danny, and I left without thought about their conditions.. I come back and don't let him stop working.' Mac gazed out the window some more, he heard a quiet knock on his door turning to look he saw Stella with a puzzled look on her face “Whats up Mac, you have been quiet all day and you look like you were blindsided.”


Mac laughed “Oh I was blindsided, close the door.” As she closed the door he held up the timesheets then passed them to her. She looked at them quickly then slowed and looked again “Mac, this shouldn't be, Danny's been here more than everyone but you, and you have pretty much been living here.”


Mac snorted “Yeah, that was part one of the blindsiding I got today. Remember me calling you in to the double homicide this morning. The reason you were called so late is because I called Danny first.”


Stella looked over at Mac “Didn't he just work a quad, why did you call him?” Mac raised his eyebrow and grinned at her, Stella smirked “Ahh”


“Yeah, I complained about how long it took him to get there and he smarted back with the fact that legally he couldn't drive due to the quad he pulled.” Stella nodded then stated “The rules state he can't. He had to have patrol drive him home because he was too tired to take the subway.”


Mac grimaced “Yeah well lets just say I met Daniel Messer today.”


Stella looked at Mac like he was loosing it “Um Mac, you know Danny, he's been on the team for years.”


Mac grinned at Stella “Yeah I know Danny, I said I met 'Daniel Messer' today.”


Stella still looked confused “But isn't Danny Daniel?”


Mac smiled at her “Oh I can safely say Danny is NOT Daniel. They may look similar but believe me you know when you talk with Daniel vs Danny. Even though they seem to be in the same body, they are completely opposite.”


Stella looked at Mac and smirked humoring him “So was Daniel really different from Danny?”


She saw Mac wave at someone and turned around to watch Don Flack enter the room. Mac looked at Don “Stella wanted to know if Daniel Messer was really different from Danny Messer.”


Don smirked “Oh yeah they are very different. Danny you can play pool with, Daniel would use the pool queue on your family as a lesson to you.”


Stella and Mac looked at Don in surprise, he continued “I talked with dad who sent me to talk to some other people he knows but won't admit to. Like Daniel said he is nothing like his father.” Don exhaled slowly “After doing a lot of talking with people and some of them, lets just say some of the people I met with today...” Don trailed off shaking his head “OK, there are two parts to the Messer family - the real Messers' and the weak, wannabe Messers'. The ones we know of mostly in the Mob are the weak ones.”


Both Mac and Stella look at Don in shock. Stella mutters “Weak!! Messer name has been in the New York Mafia for decades. Hell before the Mob was called the Mob the Messers were involved in everything.”


Don nodded back at them. “Yep and they are the ones that can't make it in the real Family business. Seems the name Messer was originally a Title. You mess with New York and they will mess up your life. It became their last name sometime round 1850. All the different Heads of the Families make sure they follow the main Messer family heads' rules. They are pretty lenient, but if you cross one of the rules its said your family is toast and your life is a mess until you die.”


Mac frowned “So major Mafia family?”


Don shook his head “Nope, only the ones that don't make the cut into the main family get into the Mob . It's considered beneath most of them.”


“What the Hell. No Way Don. There is no way the mob is considered weak! ”


“Yeah, way, Stella. The Main Messer family is considered guardians of New York and most of the East Coast. Remember Mac, I was talking about someone I heard about. Seems when Danny's father was starting out he ran into trouble a few times. The prosecutor tried going after Danny's Grandfather named Alexander. Seemed nothing would stick even though we had all the 'evidence'. Alexander's lawyer would walk into the station and the cases against Alexander would be needed to be thrown out immediately. I found out from Dad his name was Roberto and the DA said that if Roberto had to come back to the station for anything he would use whoever allowed him through the door to drudge the river for the next century.”


Mac raised his eyebrows and Stella opened her mouth a few times before being able to speak “But if they had the evidence the case should of made it through.”


Don smirked again. “Oh, they had evidence, and then Roberto would show up and the cops would start 'explaining' to him how they planted the evidence and every secret they knew. Seems if he looked at a person they spilt their deepest darkest secrets.”


Mac looked at Don “Guardians?”


“Yeah, don't know from what all totally but seems that a few families are tied together and their rules of behavior are very strict. It also explains why Vinnie is Vinnie and what Daniel said about Sonny. By the way Mac I want to go with you when you talk to Sassone. That should be interesting.”


Mac grimaced “Yeah we can head over to see him. In light of everything I forgot about that. And the other person he was talking about ... Antonio... Any idea on him?”


“No, and the comment about destroying part of the Mossad was .. odd. One of the guys I interviewed said that the family in the Mossad being destroyed was due to actions here in the US by one of their agents. Any idea why a Mossad agent would be in the US?”


Mac turned and looked at his desk, then started going through his card file “May actually know someone who can help with that if I can find it. There he is, he is an old Marine. We worked a case with him. Glad I never had him for a Gunny when I was a Lt, he is the epitome of a Marine Gunny Sergent.” Both Stella and Don laughed at that comment. Don looked at Stella “Think it's a case of pot calling kettle black.” Stella looked at Don and nodded “Definitely.” Mac looked at the two of them and they both grinned at him, shaking his head he started dialing the phone.


***


Sitting alone in his section of the bullpen of NCIS headquarters in DC, staring at his computer without really seeing it sat Senior Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs. After Tony's strange behavior this morning they got back to the office for Officer David to call home to verify that Tony was lying. What they had found out 'I knew he wasn't happy but damn that was worthy of some of the old gangster bosses, if not even worse.' As Tony had said, Ziva's family was in ruins and she was to return to Israel immediately.


That started off a day of chaos around the office. 'Didn't even have to tell the SecNav that Ducky and Tony were missing. He already knew and had them classified as on special assignment. Jen trying to fire Tony over leaving and retiring Ducky wasn't smart at all.' With the fall of the David family in Israel it seemed that the Director had been too tightly associated by someone 'probably Tony' and every form of review and audit had hit them. He was still wincing from the chewing out he got from the SecNav about his methods and Morrow proceeding to explain that he was now being watched due to the influence Jen showed and his lack of judgment.


Just than the phone on his desk rang “Gibbs”.


***


Across the country in a High School library the door slammed open with Buffy and Willow walking in talking about the last class. Looking around Willow noticed a figure at the table she had no problem recognizing. “Ethan Rayne” Willow pronounced.


Buffy looked over at Ethan and smirked “this will be fun” then launched herself at him. Before she could move more than a couple feet she was hurled back and hit the far wall. Willow looked at Buffy in shock and Ethan raised an eyebrow and they heard a voice mutter “how stupid is she?”


Coming out of the office was Giles. Willow and Buffy both looked at him, then looked again. Gone was the librarian and now he just looked like everyone else in jeans and a shirt.


“Um Giles, thats Ethan, remember the guy that did the costumes last night.”


“Why, yes Willow, I know that is Ethan and I know he did the costumes last night. Any other obvious facts you want to state to make a further fool of yourself over, hmm?”


Willow turned red and started gapping like a fish. All of a sudden a blond blur pasts her heading for Ethan, then flies right back into the wall. Giles moves over to the now standing Ethan and comes up behind him putting his arm over one shoulder and his chin on Ethans' other shoulder wrapping an arm around Ethans' waist, smirking at Buffy “That was your last free shot, the next time you try something that stupid I will make sure your lesson is very painful. Comprehend? Oh I'm sorry but is that word too big for your limited Southern Cal ditsy brain? It means do you get it.”


Giles then turns his gaze to Willow, Willow starts to visually wilt under the scrutiny. “It has been brought to my attention that your a little light fingered my dear. I expect all my books back within an hour or you will find out what happens to thieves. Comprehend.”


Willow nods and runs for the door “They are in my bag in my locker I will be right back with them.”


“Willow, I mean all of them. That includes the seven you have on the bookshelf in your room, the two you left at Buffy's the four that you have stuffed in a box under your bed, the eight you have in your locker and the four in the spare locker you use.”


Willow paled further. Buffy looks over at Giles “Don't worry Giles we will find a way of freeing you. If we even have to call in the Watchers.”


Giles laughs “Buffy, don't you think the reason I'm like this is that I am free? And as for calling in the Watchers, thats going to be very hard. Since The Watchers Council just committed an act of war and terrorism in the US this am, Brittan has declared them traitors.” Looking over at Willow “The clock is ticking and your still standing there – each minute your late you will regret it. I advise you to take the idiot with you and we will discuss things when you get back.” Both girls continue looking at Giles with shocked expressions. He sighs “Move your asses or I will start flinging fireballs after you – NOW GET.”


As they ran out the door they heard Ethan comment “My a lot of pent up anger there, hmmm Ripper.”


“Are you suggesting relieving that anger before they are back?”


Both stopped and turned around briefly to see Giles attack Ethan dragging him into a kiss with his hands roaming the other mans body. Lifting his head slightly he said. “Tick Tick Tick.” A fireball flew towards the girls and the library door.


An hour later walking toward the school Willow was starting to worry as Buffy meandered there “We shouldn't have stopped at Angels, we are running late. It has been an hour.”


“Chill Wills. It's not like he could do anything to you from there and Angel will help free Giles from Ethan.”


Willow nodded then started to whimper then cried out in pain. Buffy looked around trying to find the source, not seeing anything she bent over the curled up girl. “Whats wrong Wills?”


“My hands, my hands feel like they are on fire. Ohh put them out!!”


Nodding Buffy picked Willow up and rushed toward the school. Reaching the library yelled “Giles we have a problem.” as she burst through the door.


Giles looked over at her and said “And what would that be?”


“Willow says her hands feel like they are on fire. What do I need to slay?”


Giles smirked “You need to slay the thing your carrying.”


Buffy looked at Giles “But I am carrying Willow. Do you mean this isn't Willow?”


Ethan and Giles both snorted and you hear a cough from above “Giles can I please come down from the ceiling now. I promise I wont attempt to attack either of you again or even breathe if you say not to.”


Looking up Buffy dropped Willow with a scream “Angel!” There, on the ceiling, wrapped in chains with crosses inches from the body in every direction hung Angel. There were burn marks on him from where he had touched the crosses, his hair had been sheared and his clothes shredded.


“Ohh my hands.. they burn”


Giles waved his hand “Ahhummm” Willow looked at him “I see you do not have all the books with you. I will give you 3 minutes to get the rest. I suggest you run fast.” Willow ran out the door.


“Giles you have to get Angel down do you see what Ethan has done.”


Both Ethan and Giles looked at the girl “So in your tiny little mind it is all right for him to come in here and try to attack Ethan, but if Ethan defends himself Ethan is in the wrong?”


Buffy looked at Giles with a searching look “He is trying to get you free.”


Ethan looked at Buffy “I see, and in your mind him handing a friend of yours over to another vampire as a Sire's Gift is as easily justified. I wonder what you would think if you were the one handed over?”


“But it was just a distraction, he needed to make Spike believe him.”


Giles looked up pointedly. Angel cringed then replied “There is no pretense with a Sire's Gift. I gave Xander to Spike as a gift. In vampire custom Xander now belongs to Spike and he can do with him what he wants and I have no say in the matter.” Buffy stood there staring up at Angel as Willow ran back in carrying two bags full of books.


The library door opened and older couple walked in followed by two men in suits “Mom, Dad? I thought you were in the Midwest for the next few months?”


The man snorted and the woman huffed “We were giving a talk at Chicago University when someone stood up and asked how anyone would believe that we understood how to be good parents considering we have left our child alone for over two months and there is another four months of our tour. The person then asked if the name 'Red Wisp' meant anything to us. Of course we both remembered Ira's mother calling you that and said so. Wonder at our surprise when it was asked if we knew 'Red Wisp' is the nickname of a hacker on seven of the FBI watch lists.”


Willow whimpered, as one of the suits stepped forward “Ms. Rosenburg, if you will come with us we have some questions I'm sure you will answer. By the way, as we speak a team is going through your home computer. You did startled them when you came rushing in to get the books earlier, though it did give us more insights into your patterns.” With that Willow was led out of the library by the agents with her parents following looking broken.


“Excuse Me, What will be happening with Willow now.” Giles asked politely as they got next to the door.


The first agent turned around and looked at Giles “Mr & Mrs Rosenburg are facing child neglect, endangerment and abandonment charges, Ms. Rosenburg will facing multiple charges of theft, espionage and hacking, as well as several Cyber Terrorist charges for some of her stunts. While she is under 18 many of the charges will carry the adult penalty. If you want I can keep you informed Mr Giles.”


Giles nodded “Thank you, I would like that very much.” With that they left the library.


Buffy was looking at the door in shock “God what is wrong with today, everything is weird, next thing will be Xander coming in here with powers.”


Giles and Ethan laughed. Angel decided to try again “Giles, please?”


Giles looked at Ethan and then smiled “Oh just shut up Angel, you will be let down when your children get here.” Giles and Ethan both smirked when Angel shuddered then screamed as he touched a couple of the crosses.



Across town Mayor Wilkins entered his office to find a teenager in there. Raising an eyebrow and smiled politely. “Mr. Harris, my secretary didn't inform me that you were waiting.”


Xander smirked “Your secretary is having a bad day and isn't herself right now.”


Mayor Wilkins moved to behind his desk “Gosh, that doesn't sound good. I hope the poor dear is OK. And none of those nasty germs are around the office.”


Xander looked over at the Mayor “Is the flu epidemic when you decided to make the deal?”


The mayors face hardened “What do you want Mr. Harris? Shouldn't you be in the library preparing for tonights patrol.”


Xander chuckled “Ahh, Mr. Mayor you just proved my point excellently.”


“There has been no point to this conversation so far so it is impossible for me to have proved anything.”


“Ah, but you know about patrol and who all is doing it and why. But thats the past and the future is what we look forwards too.”


“And what future is that? I somehow do not think our ideas of the future are going to match.”


“You would be surprised.” Xander than placed a small cube on the mayors desk.


The mayor laughed “ you do not honestly expect me to open that? I wasn't born yesterday.”

 

“You weren't born in the last century, and no I don't expect you to open it.” With that a light came out of the cube and flooded the room. Xander stared at the mayor as the light went from canvasing the room to highlighting the mayor. “There is nothing I expect you to do at this point but to pay for all the deaths you orchestrated over the last century in your deal.”


After the light show was over Xander picked up the box and left the room. As he was closing the door and turning to leave he looked over at the Assistant Mayor “Your in charge now, the Mayor has been working too hard and all that work has caught up with him. He is taking a long rest.” The Assistant Mayor shuddered at the look on Xanders' face then nodded his head.



The doors to the library swung open and in stepped Spike grabbing the attention of everyone in the room. “Spike!!” Buffy yelped as she started to rush towards the door, then immediately started flying backwards into the wall again. “Yes, she IS that stupid.” Muttered Ethan.


Giles looked over at Buffy “Which part of we are waiting for Angels children escaped your tiny brain?”


Buffy looked at Giles “But thats Spike.”


“Yes it is, funny now you want to attack but you thought nothing of handing Xander over to him.”


“But, but, that didn't count.”


“The ugly light doesn't want to look in a mirror. The light is changing and no longer as bright and the mirror shows the truth. The dark kittens mittens have come off and all that have hurt him will bare the scars from his claws.”


Everyone turned to look at the dark haired woman standing next to Spike. Angel groaned “Drusilla”


“Daddy. I can't hug you while you are on the ceiling. Your not daddy your that nasty soul.”


“It's a good look for the poofter.” Spike drawled out then smirked at the room. “We were invited to good guy center for a reason.”


“Yes come in and have a seat – Buffy you will be let down off the wall as long as you don't try anything again, same with you Angel. We will await Xander now.”


Buffy looked at Giles and he could tell she wanted to say something but she just nodded her head.


Within a few minutes everyone was seated around one of the main tables in the library. The doors to the library opened again and Xander came in pulling a rolling ice chest.


Buffy jumped up “Xander what is the meaning of this.”


Xander looked over at Buffy, the look on his face caused her blood to freeze, Spike and Dru smiled at the look. “The meaning of this is because of your betrayal and Deadboys actions I am now a Sire's Gift to Spike. And since I do not wish to be a Pet I will be taking care of that. And since you approved of the action and your actual words were 'at least you were useful' you violated the slayer code and willingly betrayed a friend.”


Xander than turned to Spike “Spike, it is my understanding that you are back on the Hellmouth for the reason of finding a cure for Dru. Is that correct.”


Spike looked at Xander, Xander could see the thoughts going through his mind of whether to play this up or do it the easy way. Drusilla poked him and hissed shaking her head “Kitten isn't playing.”


Spike then nodded “Yes, we are back on the Hellmouth to try and find a cure for what the people in Prague did to Drusilla.”


Xander nodded “Angel you are again at fault for not properly teaching your Childre the basics.”


Angel looked at Xander “What are you talking about, I taught my Childre the basics. How to feed, how to hunt, how to obey their sire.”


Xander frowned shaking his head “But not the best ways to heal, not how to feed without killing, how to avoid notice and not where safe havens are that help vampires find food and jobs. No matter that is not why we are here today.”


Xander returned looking at Spike “As the Gift from your Sire I offer in exchange for myself the cure for Drusilla and the introduction to a vampire that can teach you what your sire should of.”


Spike looked at Drusilla, she stared off to the side “the stars sing of knowledge we don't have, of how they could speak more clearly with the understanding of the unknown. How no NO .. Spike take the knowledge, otherwise the pointy wires in your head, sun burning from within. NO... Spike”


“Concentrate on the air Drusilla, breathe in and out slowly, concentrate and allow yourself to return threw your breathe.”


Everyone in the room but Spike and Drusilla look at Xander when he said that. Xander paid them no attention “can you feel your flesh, your bones, can you feel yourself.”


Drusilla was noticeably calming down Spike looked at Xander and nodded in thanks. Before saying formally “I William the Bloody, the turned Childe of Drusilla, the trained Childe of Angelus do accept the offer of healing and knowledge instead of the body and soul of Alexander Lavelle Harris DiNozzo as the Sire's Gift.”


Angel looked up “Thats not his name.”


Spike laughed and Dru replied “The mittens are off. The kitten is free. No longer hiding from the false light.”


Xander smirked “My parents are actually my aunt and uncle. My mother was a slayer from New York. I take it you know the situation some Spike.”


“Haven't been back since I killed the slayer in the '70's. However, do have contacts out there that tell me the interesting news, today heard some very interesting stuff. If your option for knowledge is who I hope it is it will be good. He called me an unknowing childe that's sire needed punished when we met in the 70's.”


“Dark and powerful, great-grandsire was never that strong. The stars sing of his powers.”


Xander smiled then bent down and took two blood packets out of the cooler, throwing them at Angel. “Drink those now. If you refuse I wont be asking nicely again, though I think Spike, Dru and I will enjoy it more if your uncooperative.”


Angel looked at the Human blood packs, he looked at Giles and saw curiosity but no help there. He looked at Buffy and began to hope until he looked at Xander and saw his dusting in Xanders eyes. The eyes showed that Xander wanted Angel and Buffy to try something so he could react. Angel then quickly opened the bag and started drinking, he could feel Buffy's surprise but knew that for both of them cooperation was imperative.


After Angel finished the second bag Xander collected the empties and addressed the room “and the sire should of taught his childre that in cases where a vampire is extremely injured there is one sure cure that can help. Sire's blood. While Slayers blood is a distant second with its enhanced demonic properties.”


Buffy and Giles both started at that and Giles looked at Xander “Demonic?”


“Yes, the original watchers that created the slayer line did so by harnessing a demon essence inside the young girl. A lot of spells and protections were placed over the first few centuries before they got the line to react exactly how they wanted and could control it the way they wanted. However, the essence inside the slayer is demonic.”


Buffy was furious “How dare you say the slayer essence is demonic. I am for the good of humanity.”


Xander laughed “No, you are canon fodder. And I can state the essence is demonic because I know the true facts around the slayer line not the fiction the watchers have been feeding everyone.”


“Giles, tell him he is wrong. I am not cannon fodder. I am the only thing keeping demons from invading the Earth.” Buffy glared at Giles, noticing his lack of instant support “Giles!”


Giles straightened his shoulders “The slayer is not the only line of defense, and cannon fodder is a good name for what the watchers have created with the slayer. There is no way for one girl to be the only line of defense for the planet if you think about it logically but I am unaware of where Xander learned the truth.”


Xander smirked “I asked some really old demons about it. They explained all about the village having asked for a boon and granting a favor for the village in a war with another then when payment came due the village created the slayer to fight against the demons they had made the deal with. It was one of the cases that have caused the current hatred between many of the peaceful demon races and humans.”


“You cant believe demons they all lie. The watchers wouldn't do that. They are good guys.”


Ethan shook his head “You really are an idiot aren't you. The watchers are not good guys they are bad guys saying they are good guys. Good guys do not sacrifice children in a war. Good guys do not kill their own for any reason. Good guys do not abuse others. The watchers did all that and much more. The world is not black and white child. And white is not always the best path, for humans cannot survive in pure light, just as humans cannot survive in pure dark.”


“So now that we have that cleared up. Dru you will drink two pints of blood from your sire, Deadboy there, then you will drink one pint from the slayer, then another two pints from Deadboy.” Xander than looked at Angel “And Deadboy we are not talking about taking it from your wrist she will be drinking from above your heart, the slayer she will take from the jugular.”


Buffy yelled “I'm not feeding that bitch and there is no way you can make me!” Angel cringed as he saw Xander's face upon Buffy's words, Dru laughed, Spike looked interested while Giles and Ethan both paled.


“Yes you are! You have betrayed our friendship in thought, word, and deed. One point I considered you a hero, now I consider you a user. If you do not do it willingly I will take the blood from you and since I brought you back to life your life is mine to do with as I please. And I will bleed you dry without hesitation.” With that Xander lifted his hand and Buffy raised off the ground – he got a bowl out of the ice chest and made a slashing motion with his hand. Blood started squirting out of Buffy's neck into the bowl. After the bowl filled with about a pint of blood he waved his hand and closed the gash in Buffy's neck. He then looked at Angel, Angel removed his shirt and waved Dru over. After Dru drank the two pints from Angel you could see her strength starting to return. Xander handed her the bowl with Buffy's blood in it and while she was drinking it threw two more blood packs at Angel. Nodding she handed the bowl back to Xander then looked at Angel while he finished his blood packs. After he was done she drank from him again. During all this Buffy was floating in midair unable to speak looking scared.


Just as Dru was finishing the doors to the library opened again and Principle Snyder walked in. He looked around and sneered “Delinquents and your games. Well what do we have here.”


Xander looked at Snyder “I advise you to leave or you can join the former Mayor in his rest – the choice is yours.” Snyder looked at Xander, then looked again, shuddered and ran from the room.


“Now that the petty distractions are done how are you feeling Dru.”


“I feel stronger than I have in a long time. The blood is delicious and the strength from it is wonderful.”


“Yes another mistake that Angelus made in not training you properly. No childe should leave their Sire for 200 years, and during that time they should be sharing a lot of blood between sire and childe. But in this case I fault the line of Aurelius since none seem to know the basic care of a true childe.”



After the cleanup and Angel and Buffy both ran out of the library Xander looked at Spike then threw Spike and Dru each a blood packet. Only the blood was blue. Spike looked at it and looked at Xander “Mohra demon blood, interesting.”


“That should finish up the healing since Angel's been purposely not feeding correctly. Idiot living on butchers blood versus making a deal with the blood bank.” Spike nodded at being included in the Mohra blood.


“Spike, do you and Dru want to stick around for the upcoming show or leave for NY. And yes he did say he would train you both.”


Giles looked at Xander “Upcoming show?”


“The gypsies and the watchers got the curse wrong. Liam was a womanizer, he liked them young and he really loved deflowering them, and the demon in Angel will really love the Slayer part. So when he pops Buffy's cherry Angelus will be free. The question is should I let him run free or put him under a master immediately to help him heal.”


Dru looked at Xander “Vengeance is a blade without a handle, hard to hold and not get cut. Please, for both Spike and I, put him immediately under a proper master to learn as he should of.”


Xander nodded “I've chosen a different one than the one you and Spike will be at. This way he will not be interfering with your training and confuse the issue since he is your sire.”


After arrangements for Spike and Dru had been made and they left the library Giles looked over at Xander “You seem to be really happy for the first time in years.”


“I feel free and not bogged down, thou Great-Grandfather is still throwing a fit about me being synced with the Hellmouth. He understands why they did it, think he is worried about the influence of it on me and they found they couldn't break the sync. I was in New York and the hellmouth was still acting like I was here above it. Some of the demons the family deals with started to react like they were on the hellmouth. I may never really be free of the hellmouth and always be synced with it, that also begs the question that if something happens to it will something happen to me.”


“Hellmouths may be closed but they will always be – they are gateways to multiple dimensions so even if one of the dimensions link is destroyed it will form another. Actually you being synced with the Hellmouth and away from it may be best for the Hellmouth and you. We can check when you are out of town longer if the activity is less drawing less bad demons and changing others.”


Xander looked thoughtfully at Ethan and smiled. “So you will be sticking around?”


Ethan smirked and Giles frowned “He is.”


Xander grinned “Gonna love the chaos created by the Pedophile and the Necrophiliac?”


Ethan and Giles both started laughing. “Ohh that is good. She will of course go on that stupid 'but he has a soul' rant saying that doesn't make her a necrophiliac. And he will look lost since in his day and age people had no problems with older men taking teenagers.”


“Yeah, she's going to be very upset when I send him away, but he must want to be free. To convince himself that he loves Buffy. The demon really must want to get free.”


Giles looked sharply “He could genuinely love her. I know you are upset with her and her treatment of you is awful but she still has good points.”


“If he genuinely loved her he would do more than mystery guy with tidbits of information then leaving her to figure it out on her own. If he genuinely loved her when I told him that she went to the Masters lair it wouldn't have been 'I'm afraid' it would be him dragging me. He can breathe well enough to talk but all of a sudden he cant breathe for CPR? Double checked on that one and they said vamps can do CPR. No he convinced himself he loves her because she is a chance at freedom, if it was genuine love I would of stepped in and done this differently, I still care for her and Wills but...”


“Were you responsible for Willows parents?”


“Willow's parents yes, her no, that was my dad. When I told him she was a hacker and her name he checked and saw her name on the watch lists. He then called people he knew and explained that the Rosenburgs doing which tour were the absentee parents of Red Wisp who just went through the immigration database last night looking for how and when an 'Ethan Rayne' entered the US then marked his record as a 'person of interest' putting in that he was on seven terrorist watch lists. Another branch was holding off on confronting the Rosenburgs because there was a jurisdiction issue with Willow here, however, with her being Red Wisp it went to Cyber Crimes in the FBI immediately and they took over.”


“And when she babbles out about slayers, demons, and everything else?”


“The child endangerment charges and sentencing for her parents will probably increase. The US government helped with the destruction of the Watchers. We also got to stop a project they were in the process of starting that was going to be 'reeducation of hostiles and making the perfect troops'. I got to see Uncle Roberto in action, it was great, some very high up government people babble very nicely to him. Then again the one I started talking to is the one that went on and on about their program a Dr. Walsh. Which when I think about it may be what Dru was talking about with Spike having wires in his head.”


Xander sat down at the table and pulled a book out of the ice chest and started reading after another ten minutes he looked up at something, a smirk crossing his face. “Poor Buffy, that didn't take long, guess he never heard about foreplay.” Ethan and Giles started laughing.