Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


AN: Thanks again to my beta TakiKiOni who tried to make sure it was understandable... The bunny kept hopping around and I wish he would stop giving me ideas when I'm about to sleep.


** Sunnydale CA **


“Ripper and Rayne. Why am I not surprised that you two are behind this mess.” Rory yelled.


Giles blinked at the man yelling at them. “Pittsworth? I heard you were dead. Oh my, no, Ethan here did the spell I was just making him end it. I am over that phase of my life.”


Rory looked at Giles closely then over at Ethan. “Trying to break them?”


Ethan grimaced as Giles looked clueless. “Yes, I was hoping since I saw his slayer that one of them would give him something to help break them.”


“Jess and Tony can break them. However, thanks to you we have a major issue.” Rory said his anger showing through his tone.


Ethan straightened up and looked back at Rory. “What type of issue?”


“Your overwriting spell broke a bunch of protections we had on Xander. Now the Watchers can find him. We will need your help getting them back in place or helping hide him until we can.” Ethan's eyes got bright upon hearing that and nodded at Rory.


Giles looked at Rory “Why would the Watchers want Xander. I admit he is a nice boy and helpful but not that useful.” Ethan looked at Rory, shaking his head. Rory nodded in understanding, this was not Ripper but a robot programmed by the Watcher's council.


** Outside Washington DC **


“Hey Boss, the guy that found him is a bartender at the dive up the street. He said he left around 2am very drunk. He called him a cab and took his car keys. Already checked and the keys he had were Lt. Williams. The bartender cleaned up and left around 4am and found him as he was driving home. He called it in and told them that he was a Naval officer and then they called us.” Tony said, looking at the dead Lt. in front of him.


Gibbs looked at the car. “Hotwired. He may have done it but still checks for prints we can see if he had someone help him.”


The day had already started with an early call out to a small road a few miles outside of Washington DC. Gibbs kept looking around, his gut felt like he was about to be ambushed again. His gut had saved him many times and it hadn't churned this bad since Jen had sacrificed him. Actually his gut hadn't been that worked up then, this was going to be even worse. Last time was when he found out about Shannon and Kelly, his world had been destroyed.


The ring of a cell phone cut through the quiet. Tony looked at it puzzled, and then answered. “Tony DiNozzo, JESS! What..... Ok. When. What do you need? Ok. Don't worry we will make sure he is safe.”


During the conversation the quiet onlookers noticed a change in Tony’s posture and tone. Gibbs grimaced as his stomach tightened. Ducky looked over at Tony appraisingly. Tony closed his phone with a closed look on his face then reached around his neck and yanked at what looked to be a necklace no one had seen and put it in his pocket. He then opened his phone and started talking. Ziva frowned trying to catch what was being said. When Tony hung up Ziva looked at him “I didn't know you spoke Russian.”


Tony looked at her and smirked. “I know you don't, even though you took lessons four times.”


Ziva frowned at him. “It wasn't in the background I did of you. It should have said something about that.”


Tony looked at Ziva, McGee shivered at the look on Tony's face. He remembered when Tony was in the cell and the strange look on his face then, this was similar and that person was not nice. He looked back at Tony just as he started to speak. “Then again, we all know how good an investigator you are, don't we.”


With that Tony turned and started walking away. “Antonio.”


Tony stopped and looked back at Ducky. “Ducky, right now is not a good time for me to hear an English accent.”


Ducky nodded at that. “Antonio let me help.” Everyone was looking at Ducky. He sounded like he was from Boston not Brittan. Ducky looked around and muttered shaking his head “I have lived in the US for over 25 years, do you think I wouldn't learn a few of accents.”


Tony looked at him, raising an eyebrow. “Both the US Government and the British Government will help your son if you let us.”


Before everyone could process what Ducky had said, they saw Tony's gun pointed at Ducky's head. “You have one minute to explain in such a way I will not kill you.”


“Do you think your family is the only one they have hurt over the years? They are entrenched in some areas of Britain but if we could actually catch them, especially here on ‘foreign’ soil, trying something we could gain a major foothold in their destruction.”


“And I'm supposed to believe you? Why?”


“In 1963, while I was out saving the world from Communism I returned home one time to find that my 10 year old daughter was missing. After being commanded to stop looking by my superior I was more than upset. It took me five years to find her. She was on some little island by the Philippines. I had made enough contacts and we were going to go in and rescue her. As we got there.. Seems there were some Thullach that were living on an island by them. We got there in time to watch her head in and die, and after she fell we watched the Watcher teams sweep in to take care of them. We heard one complaining back to headquarters about how she hadn't even taken out five of them and they had to use Napalm.”


McGee and Palmer both had horrified looks on their faces; Ziva looked at Ducky and sneered while Gibbs looked on. Gibbs felt his stomach clench. “There is no way that is possible. I don't know what game you’re playing Tony by getting Ducky to tell that outlandish tale.”


Tony looked at Ziva like he was examining the best way to take a bug apart. Gibbs felt his gut tumble and realized his world was going to do more than shake. "You know I'm very sick of your attitude David. Though I do have to admit it is interesting seeing how Madame Director has Gibbs balls firmly in her hand. How's your brothers... Oh that’s right they were just caught as spies. That Aunt you were so proud of.. Oops maybe she shouldn't have stepped on that particular toe, it seems to have bitten her - I'm sure she will love retirement – they are letting her live after all, kind of, too bad about loosing all mobility from the neck down, but you know how it is. And daddy dearest.. Oh the dear General, maybe he should have thought before he started banging another Generals’ 12 year old daughter, oh, wait, that’s right - they should be catching him at that right now."


McGee and Palmer were looking at Tony in horror while Ducky was chuckling in mirth. Gibbs winced at the comment about his balls but was trying to let it go, this was not the Tony he knew – this Tony was dangerous and it seemed only he and Ducky realized that.

"While the preferred method of having you sent to work in a whorehouse in Shanghai never being out of a drug haze sounds entertaining – I want you suffering for murdering Kate."


"Tony, Ziva did not kill Kate. Ari did"


"McGee, David here was his handler and researcher. She gave him the information and when we informed her he wasn't following their script she ignored it because he was her brother." Tony sneered. "You think if David's information caused the death of a Marine their squad wouldn't have found a way for her to accidentally walk in front of a bus? And not just Marines but any unit of the US Government would of made sure she was punished, and they definitely wouldn't put up with her on their team... She would have had a fatal accident very early on."


Smirking at Ziva again Tony looks at Ducky and coldly stated, “If I find out you caused my son harm in any way, you will find your mothers dogs strung up around her house by her and your sons intestines am I clear.”


Then he turned around and started to head off. Ducky nodded and starts to follow. McGee, Palmer and David look at Gibbs. He watched as Tony and Ducky get into a car that arrives to pick them up and shook his head. He looked back at what was left of his team and shuddered. “Oh god, he left me with the idiots.” Gibbs moaned.


** New York.**


In a dirty alley in the middle of New York Mac Taylor was looking at a young couple that had been beaten to death. Listening for one of his subordinates’ voices that he had called in and getting angry at how long it was taking for him to get here. Mac turned and glared as he heard the voice he was waiting for. “You’re late.”


Danny Messer looked over at his boss. “You called me less than an hour ago and I live over 45 minutes away in traffic to here. I just worked a quad and haven't slept in over 36 hours. Officially I am too tired to drive so that required me getting a ride in.”


Mac huffed and turned away from Danny and started stating what information they had until he was cut off by a ringing of Danny's cell phone. Don looked over as Danny answered it. “Messer. Tony? What.. Fuck it. When. Ok Antonio, we’ll do conference call when he's available. Timothy will pick me up so we will all be there for it.”


As Danny talked they saw a change in him. He closed his phone, his hand grabbing at a necklace under his obvious one and yanked it off. He then put that necklace in his pocket and looked at Mac. “Sorry Mac but I am needed for a family emergency.”


Mac growled. “We have a scene Danny if you leave expect to be suspended.”


A new look came over Danny's face. He stood taller and took his glasses off, as if by magic they watched the color of his eyes change to a deeper blue, his face becoming more severe and refined. “No Mac you will not. I just worked a quad shift and by city mandate I now have two days off. Before you try saying anything else, I also have my time reports from the last few months that show I have worked more hours than any other Level 2 or even a Level 3 tech in the lab. Since I am officially a Level 2 and you like to keep me that way, I should be under hours from your only Level 3 in the lab. However, you have not pulled her in for this even though she only worked a single yesterday. That fact makes a nice discrimination lawsuit.”


“Danny we have a scene and your behavior is unbecoming. Is this what you learned at home?” Mac asked, disgust riddling his voice.


“I have told you repeatedly I am nothing like my father or my brother and you never seem to comprehend that simple fact. Why would I want to be like my father, Grandfather is ashamed of him because he is so weak he can't be anything higher than a small time thug. My brother was a follower of Sonny Sassone. The Messer family has controlled New York since before it was called New York, we do not 'follow' losers like Sonny. Hell he's still called Sonny because he hasn't earned the right to be called by his adult name. I will let you have a thrill Taylor. Next time you see Richard.. You know Sonny, tell him Anthony and Antonio are both coming home. He better start running, Anthony already said he is a disgrace to the family and Antonio ...” He laughed silently. “Lets just say Grandfather is hoping to calm Antonio down before he brings down more than the Mossad. He will be busy for a while but once his son is safe. Antonio is ...”


Chuckling, Danny turned and walks away leaving Mac and Don staring after him. They watched as a black Lamborghini pulled up and one door slid open, Mac looked at the driver in surprise, he looked familiar. As Danny got into the car he heard Don muttering. “Ok that was definitely not Danny. His statement about the Messer's... If his grandfather considers his father a small time thug what the hell is the rest of the family like? Mac, you look...”


Mac shook himself. “Sorry, between Danny's words and the fact that the driver looked like the CSI that was shot in Miami a couple years ago.”


“Relative?” Don asked.


“Normally I would say probably, however, that Danny and his reactions felt more normal to me and for the first time since I met him I felt like I saw a glimpse of the real Danny and not a mask.”


“Mac, that Danny…”


“Yeah, that Danny is more why the Messer name is feared for more than his brother Vinnie. The most worrisome part is I still think we saw the nicer side of him.”


Don looked at Mac and grimaced. He would be talking with his dad tonight. His dad hated the Messer family because of their history of being thugs; Danny was showing everyone a different side of the family with his work as a CSI. However, with Danny's comments, now he was to wonder just how bad the family was if Paul Messer was considered a ‘small time thug’. “Mac, I just remembered, there was talk when I was young about the Messer's. One that wasn't even allowed to come near the station. Rodrick ... or Robert ... Messer, something like that. They said that he had away of making people do things. Don't remember all of it. Guess Dad and I will be having a very long talk soon.”

 


In a dark car speeding through the streets of Manhattan the driver grinned over at his passenger. “Enjoyed that didn't you? How long have you wanted to do that?”



“Years, and the reason you made sure he saw you?” Danny said, amused.


A snort was heard in the car. “Have you heard the shit that Caine is allowing to happen and is actually involved in? It is a disgrace. My contact down there has checked repeatedly and can't find where he was substituted, or when.”


A quiet laugh was heard from the passenger side. “Lots of techs are wondering what’s in the water down there. The courts still convict people and that lab is totally disgraced, lots of comments about how there must be drugs or something in all the water.”


“So you back yet or not?”


“Getting there. Dial Grandfather Alexander.”


** Conference Room in very remote and secure location **


The older gentleman sitting behind the desk was watching the representative of Wolfram and Hart. The phone rang and he hit the speaker button. “Daniel is on the line, he just heard from Antonio.”


“Let me finish this and then put it through.”


The older gentleman smiled and looked at one of the other men in the room raising an eyebrow the other man nodded. “He currently is wearing three charms to circumvent our security. Also, an additional two charms to try and drop viewing portals every few feet have been added. That is not counting the five others he is wearing as well as the body painting that is suppose to guard him from being read.”


The older gentleman nodded and then looked over at another man sitting nearby. “The charms were given to him by the head of the New York office. The main conversations seem to deal with how this will allow them free access into our businesses and prove their superiority.”


The representative was staring in horror at the gentleman. Said gentlemen turned to him and smiled, the smile was scarier than anything he had ever seen before. “So, interesting pawn you may be, however, your bosses obviously forgotten that I don't play the same games they do. They bore me.” Nodding at a third man. “I am displeased with their services. Go to Blackthorn and take ten members families and sell them to the slavers in the Varrackak world. Make sure they understand that this is in reaction to Wolfram & Hart's New York branch trying to mess with the Messer’s'. They have obviously forgotten that we were called Messer for the mess of people’s lives we make when they irritate us.” He looks over at one of the men again. “Roberto.”


“Just a second, finding the last item.”


“That is fine.” The older man relaxed back into his chair smirking at the representative.


“Have it Alexander. The head of the New York Branch only care about his wife is that she can never get what he considers his, like his Mistress, Martha Glarch – who would be a lovely gift for Aschalla Bvacka of the Charran Coalition. His money is mainly in accounts that are as we speak now disappearing in other countries. He has two paintings that are very nice – original Monet's, I'm sure the wife will love them. Then there are the three estates in the US and four others around the world he wants to make sure she never finds. Oh and two emerald mines and an opal mine that he purposely put into Martha's name. Must make sure the wife gets them.”


Alexander smiled. Two security men appeared behind the representative and grabbed him while a third touched his head with his hand. The man started screaming as his mind was overwritten. He was now theirs, and in no way would ever be able to betray them. The older gentlemen in the room smiled as the guards took him out of the room. Clicking the speaker button. “I take it Antonio and the rest are going to be a conference call, put them through.”


“Grandfather Alexander, I was just called by Jess. My son's protections were broken and the Watchers council just sent a strike team after him.” Tony said, his voice coming in clear into the pocket realm they were in.


“Understood. Go ahead.”


“I have a person here – Dr. Donald Mallard from the UK who states that both the US Government and the British Government want to help with destroying the council.”


Philip had a thoughtful look on his face and started speaking in a language not of Earth so Ducky wouldn't understand. “So the Governments finally want to do something. I am glad everything has broken, I was getting tired of them being there and the family not together. Did he say why they have not acted before?”


Tony replied in the same language. “From our readings of him and those he talked about it seems it is only within the last 10 years the movement has started gaining strength against them. He commented about catching them on foreign soil so they could really go after them.”


In the back of the car driving them through New York after their private flight up, Ducky looked at Tony while he was talking. “Different language, not one I have heard before and I have heard most of the ones on Earth. Also very careful never to use words I could recognize. So why was he hidden and why are you allowing us to help...” Ducky stated quietly as Tony quit talking. Tony looked at Ducky and raised an eyebrow. “So the Governments would do it. Make it look like we were actually handling our own mess but why.. Ahh, so it could never be construed as an act against Britain herself. The Watchers would have quickly turned any action against themselves into terrorism against Britain, but if both the US and British governments are involved in the deconstruction of the Watchers, your hands stay unnoticed. Brilliant strategy.”


Chuckling is heard and a the voice that earlier had spoken in the other language sounded out. “Very good Dr. Mallard. Very good, but then again, considering your past, it is not surprising you know how to think.” Ducky blushed. Almost as if a switch was flipped, he sees the look leave Tony's face.


“They should be arriving here soon; they are laying a false trail. Probably around 12:30.”


“The rest of the family is on their way in. We should all be here by then. Doctor Mallard’s contacts can be notified by then and we can start the next step.”


** Abandoned Building New York


As the clock was approaching 12:15, a shimmer started to appear in an old abandoned building. Many people were gathered around and weapons were readied as a doorway appeared and forms started to appear to walk through the doorway of light. As they finished forming both groups were warily watching each other. Then Alexander's stern voice was heard clearly through the room. “Pittsworth, why is my great-grandson connected to the Hellmouth?”


Jess straightened up, shaking herself and putting her hand on Xanders shoulder, bringing him forward. “Grandfather I would like to introduce you to Margareta and Antonio's son, Alexander Lavelle Harris DiNozzo.”


During the introduction Xander quietly looked at the older man. “Xander?” Watching his head rise and eyes glow. “Alexander.. Xander is..”


Xander looked at him. “A nickname used until adulthood is proven correct?”


Jess smiled and the rest of the family looked at Xander and nodded in approval. Alexander looked around and smiled at everyone. “Come, let us eat lunch and let the US and UK Governments start the destruction of the Watchers Council.”