Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


 

Upstairs in one of the hotel suites the convention had taken over for vendors, Dean drools over a rifle.

 

“Looks nice, doesn't it?” A voice asks over his shoulder, he looks over to see two older men smirking at him. “Seeley Booth,” he holds out a hand, “this is Ian Edgerton, we both work for the FBI. And you're Dean Winchester, we've heard a lot about you.”

 

“At least some of it good I hope?” Dean asks with a grin.

 

“Relax kid, we knew your father, we know exactly what you do. . .” Booth smirks, “or should say did before you joined the club.”

 

“We worked with your father in the past. Sorry to hear he's gone, he was a good man and a good hunter, one of the few who knew all demons weren't bad and should be destroyed. I'm sorry he never tracked down the bastard who got your mother, there are a lot of people, demons as well as humans, who would have helped him destroy the bastard.”

 

“Sammy and I are going to get him, for Mom and Dad.” Dean says, “If it's the last thing I do. Since I'm demonic now myself, I have plenty of time to track him down.”

 

“How is your brother dealing with this?” Ian asks.

 

“I thought he was going to kill me himself when he found out what I'd done.” Dean rubs the back of his neck ruefully. “Hit me once or twice, called me an asshole, and sulked in his seat for a couple hundred miles before he decided to talk to me again.”

 

“I did NOT sulk!” A male voice howls in the distance.

 

“Yes you did,” Dean says with a smirk. “You are such a girl . . . Sammy.”

 

“Don't call me Sammy.” Sam squawks, coming into the room. “God Dean, you are such a bitch.”

 

“Jerk.” Dean says fondly, cuffing his little brother on the shoulder. “Come look at this.”

 

Ian and Seeley watch the two dark heads bent over the rifle with a smile until Ian nudges Seeley with his elbow.

 

“So how is it working with the Geek Squad at the Jeffersonian?”

 

“Squints please, I gave them their own name.” Seeley shakes his head. “Now if I could just get a damn translation guide when they go all geek on me.”

 

“If you come across one, give me a copy for Charlie? He's good most of the time but when he starts talking numbers. . .” Ian shakes his head sadly. He looks over his shoulder at Booth. “So I heard your old girlfriend joined the Jeffersonian?”

 

“Yeah,” Seeley rubs the the back of his neck with his hand. “Cam and Bones started butting heads immediately.”

 

“What happened? I thought she worked for the coroners department somewhere?”

 

“Well, she says that she took the job for the morgue, she's not in a basement, she's got a ventilation system so she doesn't have to smell the bodies, and her equipment doesn't come from home depot, but I know she took the job because I'm the liaison between the FBI and the Jeffersonian, she just couldn't stay away from me.”

 

Edgerton snorts and rolls his eyes. “Sure . . .”

 

Meanwhile back in the law enforcement meeting room, Stella takes her seat and looks over at Speed who's sitting beside her. “And why are you over here? Horatio's over there.”

 

“That's why I'm sitting over here, H and Alexx are a little,” he draws the word out, “upset with me for getting shot.”

 

Warrick who'd been sitting on his other side snickers. “I bet.”

 

“Hey, it wasn't my fault.” Speed says, then yelps as Horatio quietly walks over and swats him upside the head again. “That's for complaining.” he says and walks off while everybody in the room snickers. “Thanks for teaching me that move.” he says to Jethro Gibbs standing next to him.

 

“Okay, where were we?” the new speaker asks.

 

“You were going to talk about creating cover identities and our symbols of power.” Hodges says, checking his notes.

 

“Ahh yes, thank you David.” the speaker nods. “While it is true that we don't lose our powers like a vengeance demon when our symbols of power are destroyed, they make us stronger especially the younger ones.”

 

“You really can lose your powers if they get destroyed?” Warrick asks.

 

“Plain vengeance demons yes,” Buford T. Justice says, leaning on the podium. “Mostly vengeance demons are destroyed two ways. Their wish can be overturned and it kills them, or their symbols can be destroyed and they die, though I have heard rumors of one who became human when her symbol was destroyed. . .But that's just it, rumors.”

 

“Actually no it's not, Halfrek told me it happened to a friend of hers. Anyanka's was destroyed, she became human and is now living on the Hellmouth helping the Slayer.” Speed says.

 

“Really?” Justice asks. Speed nods. “I'll have to talk to her after the conference, I thought it was just a rumor.”

 

“So our symbols of power can be anything?” Stella asks.

 

“Ideally it should be something close to you, comfortable to you, and almost a part of you.” Barney Fife says from the back of the room. “It can be a gun though if it's a gun you want it to be your personal firearm not one your police department gave you if you're an officer, a piece of jewelry that you wear constantly if you're a woman. . .”

 

“Some men do wear jewelry,” a voice says from somewhere in the room.

 

“Yes yes, ignore me I'm old, in my days the only jewelry men wore were watches and wedding rings unless they were dressing up.” Barney waves his hand. “Your symbol of power is something uniquely you.”

 

Speed looks over at H who looks over his sunglasses at him and smirks.