Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


 

“What about us who are halfies? Do we need symbols?”

 

“No,” the third member of the group giving the lecture, one Roscoe P. Coltrane says, “You were born with your powers, even if most of you didn't realize you had them until you found out about demons.” Roscoe nods at Hodges. “Same for those who are born demons, this only applies to those of us who have become Justice Demons.”

 

A hand is held up in the room. “Umm, not to sound dumb, but why do Vengeance Demons die when their symbol is destroyed and we aren't?”

 

“Justice Demons are different than Vengeance Demons. We usually settle down and protect a chosen area, vengeance demons generally travel to answer calls. That's why if one of their calls is overturned, they die. We're stronger, that's why we can settle down and protect our chosen areas.”

 

“There's some who don't?” another voice asks.

 

“Yes, usually they're vigilantes,” Roscoe nods at Judge Marshall, “or they travel for their jobs.”

 

“Travel for their jobs?” the same voice asks.

 

“Edgerton is a FBI agent, part of a taskforce that goes in and brings people out.” Barney says. “He and Seeley Booth are currently in geek love with Dean Winchester upstairs in the selling areas. Another one of us who's not here is part of the FBI's BAU taskforce, while they're supposedly based in one area, they travel on their cases.”

 

“Don't forget Jessica.” A voice calls from the back of the room.

 

“Ohh, I can't possibly forget Jessica.” Roscoe sighs. He looks up at the blank faces of the younger demons. “Jessica is a JD who is only loosely tied to the criminal justice community. Personally, I'd classify her as freelance, she's a mystery writer who ends up solving crimes. You might have heard of her, she writes under the name of JB Fletcher. She'd be here but she's currently on a publicity tour for her latest book.”

 

“Are there many of us in that type of work?”

 

“Jessica is one of a kind, thank whoever you want to for small favors. Most other freelancers are usually former law enforcement, have ties to law enforcement, or have had great personal tragedies.”

 

“What type of ties to law enforcement?”

 

“The ones that come to mind immediately would be a PI, lawyers, informants, or in a very few, very rare case people who have been wrongly convicted of crimes and were in prison until the truth was found out. And then of course there's Steve's father, who might as well be a Justice Demon.” he snickers.

 

“Don't remind me,” Steve Sloane moans, shaking his head. “Between my Dad, Jesse, and Amanda, they solve more cases than I do. I'm surprised my Dad didn't become a JD when I was shot, the hospital was bombed, or when Carol died.” His seat mate snickers at the hangdog expression on his face, patting his back in fake sympathy. He turns to scowl at him. “And you could have told me you were demonic too. . . Norman.”

 

Norman Briggs merely smirks at the younger man.

 

“Wasn't there a rumor about a couple of priests who were JD?” a hand waves in the audience.

 

“I'd heard the same rumors.” Roscoe says, walking across the front of the room. “So I decided to look in on them. First, it's highly doubtful that a priest would become a JD, their faith in their Lord would be too strong to even think of becoming demonic and they usually have a support system in place that would help in the type of events that normally bring a person over. So you can understand my surprise when I found not one but two Priests where were Justice Demons.”

 

“Really?” Barney asks in surprise.

 

“Yes, one is totally unaware that he's a JD, but one of his nuns is a halfie and she recognized my type when I saw him. She's taking care of him and will help him with a new identity when he realizes what is going on.”

 

“Who is he so we can keep an eye on him and offer our help?”

 

“Father Frank Dowling, he's in Chicago. His assistant, the one who's a halfie is Sister Steve.” Benton moans in the back of the room. “I take it you've heard of them?” Roscoe asks with a grin.

 

“Yes, I will offer my assistance when I get back to the consulate. Diefenbaker, please remind me if I forget?” Dief looks up from his spot next to Fraser's chair and woofs quietly in agreement. “No,” Fraser sighs and rolls his eyes, “you cannot suck up to Detective Vecchio when we get back. Wolves do not eat doughnuts.” Every in earshot snickers at the put upon tone in his voice.

 

“The other priest is actually one of the humans who fight the supernatural. He's a former member of the Legacy named Philip Callahan, he thought he was tainted until I met and him and told him what had really happened. Luckily one of the Charmed Ones was there and their Whitelighter Leo was able to back up everything I told him.”