Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


Unnamed Horrors: It's Just a Book!

Title: It's Just a Book!
Fandom: Buffy: the Vampire Slayer
Author: Danyella Skyler Silverfire
Website: Livejournal, Insanejournal, or Fanfiction.Net
Rating: G
Genre(s): Humor
Pairing(s): None
Summary: Bob really knows what sort of gifts to give Xander. To bad the evil cult stole it though.
Series: Unnamed Horrors
Warnings: Hmm... some humor that only anime fans would get.
Disclaimer: Checks reality meter (It's remarkably Magic Eight Ball shaped). {{shake}}{{shake}} Do I own Buffy? Nope still the right reality. Go eat a tuna sandwich instead. {{stares}} Damn.
Author's Note: I seriously have the weirdest plotbunnies attack me.
Word Count: 345

It's Just a Book!

Xander glared at Giles. "It's not evil, Giles!"

"Bob gave you a copy of the Necronomicon ex Mortis! That is a very evil book Xander!"

"It is not the Necronomicon ex Mortis! Besides, I'm not the one that did the summoning spell it had."

"No, that would be the cult that stole your birthday present from Bob," Giles couldn't help but snip.

The situation they were in was dire. The Council kept forgetting that Xander's roommate/best friend Bob was an Unnamed Horror until he did things like give Xander evil books for his birthday. Then everyone would suddenly remember that Xander is apparently a pacifying influence on the deepest forces of darkness.

He wasn't even sure if Xander was even human anymore really. But it was a non-issue usually until things brought to light how human Xander isn't anymore. Like the fact that they fail to stop the ritual from the evil birthday book and Xander isn't fazed by it.

"Really Giles, it's not going to be that bad."

"And just why not?" Giles demanded.

As if in answer a darkly malevolent figure rose from the center of the ritual circle and raised it's head. "Boy was that a hard ritual. I almost feel like you can see right through me. Oh wait I'm a ghost, you can." The laugh was not reassuring, but not in a way Giles was used it. This was more a bad comedian laugh, not a 'I'll-grind-your-bones-to-make-my-bread' laugh.

Xander snickered. "I told you, not that bad. It's a joke book Giles, not evil."

"I'll have you know I'm quite evil!" the spirit said with a disdainful sniff. "I'm so evil I was imprisoned in a dungeon dimension to save the world from the possibility of my return."

Giles gave the spirit a look before sighing and turning away. "Fine, take him out for a drink, show him an episode of Seinfeld, I don't care. Just have Bob send him back before the end of the month."

Some things you just don't fight. A horrifically bad comedian is one of them.