Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


 

At their apartment Fred makes a list of the groceries they need to buy since they'd eaten everything that would have gone bad before they left as George puts their clean laundry away. Grabbing the keys to the smart car they head to the grocery store, returning a couple hours later with a full car of food.

 

They have everything put away then turn to the bags from the bookstore for their university classes.

 

"Professor McGonagall would have kittens if she knew the dreaded Weasley twins were oh god the horror, grown-ups." Fred says with a grin as he starts reading the first chapter of his new text for the class that night. George grins at him and nods.

 

Meanwhile back in wizarding Europe.

 

"Molly No-Name. . ."

 

"It's Molly Weasley."

 

"No it is not. You were removed from the Weasley family after furnishing your daughter with illegal love potions."

 

"Then it's Molly Prewitt, I'm not the first to go back to her family after her marriage ended. As the only Prewitt remaining, I'm the head."

 

"No you are not, your father named your second son Charles as his heir before his death."

 

"I object, it's been revealed that Charles Weasley is in fact not a Weasley and cannot be head of the Prewitt family." One old fool says in the gallery. "Motion to have him removed as head of the Prewett family."

 

"I thought some of you would object. Clerk, please read the list of families that are headed by non-family members. . ." The list takes fifteen minutes to read and the old fool ducks his head when his family is named. "So your appointments as head of the families are somehow fine but his is illegal? If a motion is passed to remove non-family members as head of families, your families would be affected too."

 

"No, I . . . I . . ."

 

"Shut up you old fool, do you want to ruin all of us?" somebody nearby hisses angrily.

 

Molly is dragged away to her cell after the trial is finished within an hour, the veritaserum making short work of her protests that she'd never steal from Harry and that of course he was going to marry her beloved daughter. Her wand is snapped and she's sentenced to twenty years in Azkaban

 

Ginny looks around the room as she's drug to the chair. All the seats are full but she doesn't see any of her brothers or father there but they have to be there to tell the court this has to be some mistake.

 

"Ginevra No-Name you are charged with . . . " The list of charges drones on and Ginny looks around the gallery again. If her family doesn't want anything to do with her Harry has to come to her rescue. She's found guilty and dragged back to her cell. Her mother had been taken to Azkaban that morning by boat and she's truly alone now. After dinner she cries herself to sleep. The next morning she's awakened by the guard, showers, and eats a cold breakfast and takes a bag with her lunch from an auror before the bracelet tracking her is put on her wrist and she heads to work. She works three days a week in London in a commercial laundry. It's hard work but it's all she's good for without a wealthy husband and a muggle education.

 

Ten long hours later she returns to auror headquarters, checking in and getting a cold shower before eating dinner and being locked in her cell.

 

The next morning after breakfast she's given a bucket of water and harsh soap and given the orders to clean the cell block. Scrubbing everything on her hands and knees takes most of the day and she drops onto the concrete block and thin pad that serves as her bed to work on the assignments the teachers at Gringotts had given her to get her ready for life in the muggle world. She'd refused at first because she was a pureblood and didn't have to learn about the muggle world and been told she was not a pureblood, she had been removed from the family and unless she wanted to live on the streets like a common animal she'd accept the training she'd need for life in the muggle world since she wasn't going to be welcomed back

in the wizarding world. That had been the first blow, that she had been removed from the family. Until yesterday she'd thought that the guards were fooling her and she'd find her father demanding answers.

 

She literally has just the clothes on her back, her vault that would have been her dowry given back to her father. The money she's being paid is being taken for her fines and to pay for housing her in the cell block for the next ten years.

 

The next day she goes back to the laundry, that weekend is spent scrubbing the building that houses former Professor Snape's new business. Everything is spotless by the time she's finished scrubbing and she knows she'll be doing it again the next weekend since a potions workroom must be spotless to keep the final product from being contaminated. That's one reason why the cauldrons were scrubbed by hand at the school during detentions.

 

Tuesday she heads back to Snape's store, being let in the back and finding piles of cauldrons to scrub. That takes most of that day, eating a cold meal and getting an equally cold shower before going back to her cell. Her last thought before she falls asleep is she has ten years of this to look forward to until her sentence is served, then she'd be working for the goblins to pay back the fines they were slapping her with for her actions against Harry.

 

At the bunker Harry settles at the table across from Zoe as he works on an assignment for class. They both look up as Dr. Stark comes into the kitchen and puts a bag down between the two of them.

 

"Catalogs from universities, and yes Carter I want you to look at them too. GD offers continuing Education opportunities."

 

"I know, I'm currently partway through another dual masters program." Carter snorts. Stark glares at him and Zoe rolls her eyes. "Oh just kiss each other already." She turns back to her homework then smirks. "Does this mean you finally finished your Ph.D?"

 

"I'm still a candidate, but I have an appointment to defend my dissertation this summer."

 

"Another dual masters?" Stark asks calmly . . . for him. Carter rolls his eyes at the other man. "I needed a masters for the Marshals Stark. My 'official' Masters and the doctorate is in criminal Justice, I have a dual masters in chemistry and potions and I'm going for another in biology and med-wizardry. . .even though I am older than most of the other students."

 

"Do you have a healing gift?"

 

"A minor one, I can't use it to help others. . ."

 

"But it's helped you out every time you've ended up in the infirmary at GD."

 

"Exactly."

 

"Do you have future plans on going for magical and non-magical degrees?"

 

"Yes, I'm looking into degrees in botany and herbology next." Stark drags him outside the room.

 

"S.A.R.A.H., make sure the kids don't hear this conversation?"

 

"Of course Sheriff Carter."

 

"What's going on?"

 

"We're still going through all of Dumbledore's records and we might have to tear Hogwarts apart to find all of his hidden spots. He had his own breeding program, pretending to be Mr. Evans to give his wife Lily and Petunia. He bred Petunia and Severus . . . who knows what else the man has done?"

 

"He stole Speed and who knows what he did with him while he had him drugged."

 

"Exactly. What if he did something to Lily or James. . .or even both?"

 

"Resulting in Harry." Dr. Stark sighs. "Or Michael, Hermione's one of the smartest and most powerful of the muggle-born students, he's the most powerful of the old school . .."

 

"And he knew I was his grandson. Was there another reason why he wanted me here? I was in England for a while for advanced training. Who knows if the old fool didn't nab me and do whatever he wanted with me? McKay drew blood before he left and run it through something wherever he and Colonel Sheppard are, I got an e-mail saying he has to talk to me when he returns."

 

"Shit."

 

"And there's all the kids on the list. I don't think it's a coincidence that except for that old grouch Argus, Petunia, and a lesser extent William we're all on the light side? Except for William and Xander we've all got excellent jobs? Xander hasn't gone to university but the school system on the hellmouth sucks ass to borrow one of Zoe's favorite expressions and I hear rumors that his Slayer has lost her fucking mind so he's packing up and leaving her to get killed. Because she's special and he's normal. She lost her mother recently so part of it could be grief. And I'd beat that witch they have out there, she gives everybody else a bad name."

 

"He's got a place here if he needs it."

 

Carter nods. "And a place in New York, Miami, and elsewhere. Has Speed and Evan returned yet?"

 

"No, they're due in a few days, there's a group from GD on the island investigating it. Dumbledore had to have put a fidelis on the island to keep them from being found."

 

"Yeah, if they were found quickly his fun would have been over."

 

Harry blinks a couple days later. "Professor McGonagall?"

 

"Good morning Mr. Potter, Lord Starkweather allowed me the chance to see how his school operates."

 

Minerva is shaking her head in sadness when she comes back to the guest house after school, she's seen classes that never would have been allowed at Hogwarts, magical as well as non-magical.

 

Meanwhile back in Europe Molly screams in her cell at Azkaban, she can't believe the damn goblins and her useless husband actually had her arrested, charged, and convicted. And her fool daughter was so stupid to try to slip Harry the potion in the god damn Great Hall. If she could have gotten her hands on that fool girl of hers, she'd have beaten her to death for her stupidity.

 

And the goblins actually think she'll quietly work for them after she gets out? Suddenly a collar around her neck gives her a massive jolt of power, bringing her to her knees.

 

"Naughty, naughty." A male voice says from the cell door. "That collar is going to give you a shock every time you try or think of doing something against yourself of others. Keep trying and it will eventually destroy your mind, leaving you no better than somebody who has been kissed and the perfect slave. Given a task you'd work at it until you collapsed from exhaustion."

 

"Remove it . . .now." She yells.

 

"Hell no, that will be part of you for the rest of your miserable life." He laughs.

 

"I know my rights." She throws herself against the bars and gets jolted again.

 

"You're a convict, you don't have any rights." He snorts as he walks away. "Stupid bitch, stealing from a boy you said you loved like a son and trying to force him into a marriage with your whore of a daughter.

 

"You take that back, my daughter is a perfect angel."

 

"Your daughter's the tramp of Hogwarts, rumor has it she's been with every older boy in the other three houses starting her third year. She doesn't even remember who was her first."

 

"I could fix that, a few charms and some potions and she'd be a virgin again for her wedding night." She says smugly. "That's how I got Arthur."