Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup
[Reviews - 1]
Printer
Table of Contents
- Text Size +


Story Notes:

This is probably one of my first House humorous deathfics, I wrote this long before it was discovered that Jennifer Morrison is actually a blonde and has been dyeing her hair brown for the show.

 

I've heard of art imitating life, but this is the first time I've heard of real life imitating art.

 

 


House sits at his desk quietly, staring blankly at the two ducklings and Wilson as they enter his office..

“I just received a call from the coroner, he just finished the autopsy on Cameron earlier today.” He says quietly.

“Did they discover how she died?” Chase asks quietly, still shocked from finding her slumped over a test tube in the lab one morning.

“Yes, it looks like she died of blood poisoning. They have to perform some more tests to find out for sure, but they think that she died from using a cheap brand of hair color for too many years. The chemicals leached into her skin over the years. The detectives found an empty box in her apartment, it looks like she'd used it the day before she died.”

“Cameron dyed her hair?” Chase asks in amazement.

“Yeah, they found old pictures of her at her apartment. She was a blonde when she was younger, must have gotten sick of all the stupid blonde jokes and started dying her hair.” House says, taking off his glasses and pinching the bridge of his nose to fight off the headache that's been pounding behind his eyes all day.

“Well, that explains why she acted so damn superior to everybody.” Foreman snorts. “She was trying to prove she's not just another dumb blonde.”

“Now she's just another dead blonde.” House snarks. “And unfortunately, now I have to break in a new intern.” He complains. “If Cameron wasn't dead, I'd kill her for putting me through this.”

“I'll make sure I die when it's convenient for you.” Foreman snarks as he gets up to leave.

“Please do, or at least wait until you're no longer one of my interns.” House says distractedly. “ Now, both of you run off and take care of your patients. Damn it, now I have to fight Cuddy to get another student to terr. . . err, teach.” He mutters, grabbing the phone.

Chase blinks at the matching smirks on Wilson' and House' faces as he leaves the office.