Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup

Author's Chapter Notes:

Epilogue--Three years after the last chapter


 

"NNNNNOOOOOOOO!!!!" Sirius looks over to where Ginny Weasley is sniggering.

"What happened this time?"

"Harry got an offer to play for the Chudley Cannons among other teams, Ron's heartbroken since nobody showed up for him. Harry had enough of his hysterics and laid him out with one punch. McGonagall's trying to decide whether she wants to take house points, laugh, or go off somewhere and get drunk."

"School's out, she can't take points." The students would be leaving in the morning, the seventh year students for the last time.

"Right, and it's not nice to laugh at dumb animals, even if they are my idiot brother. She's muttering something about Professor Flitwick and a still . .that and thank God Potter is graduating."

"I'm sure she'll have less headaches next year since you're the last of the Weasleys in school. The twins are playing professionally and putting money away for their joke shop."

"Mum still sighs about a joke shop, but they got excellent marks on their NEWTS. And you can't play professionally forever." Ginny says. Sirius nods.

"Why did your parents bring Ron?"

"Mum hoped that seeing Harry and Hermione graduating might make him feel bad about being such a stupid prat. Personally, I think he'd need brains to be ashamed of his stupidity."

"Is he still living at home?"

"No, mum had a fit and made him get a muggle apartment in London as soon as he was old enough when he tried not giving her money from his pay for food and to pay back everything he'd forced them to pay for over the years, it's close enough to where he's working for the goblins that he can walk, catch a bus, or take the tube. Not all the money he makes working for the Goblins is going to pay off his fines, he could have had it paid off in five years but what would he have done with his life after that?"

"You're sounding muggle yourself."

"Once we got a muggle-studies teacher who knows their arse from their elbow things got better in the class. I don't know if I could live completely muggle, but I'm looking at finding a place of my own when I have the money. Mum's already sobbing about having an empty nest. . .when she's not complaining the boys aren't giving her grandbabies."

Sirius stifles a cackle, having heard that particular complaint from Molly over the last couple of years more than once.

"Did you hear what happened to Malfoy?" Ginny asks, changing the subject.

"No, what?"

"Daddy dearest kicked his arse out of the house, he's having to work and muggle work at that. Malfoy's tired of the little shit telling everybody he's going to tell his Daddy on them, nyah. He's already a pariah in certain circles for having been a Death Eater, having willingly been a Death Eater, or betraying the others by turning his back on their Lord and Master, you name it. He's got enough troubles and doesn't need Draco's crap on top of it, Malfoy's got a decade to shape up or he's permanently out of the family."

"Twit. He knew he was on shaky ground after Lucius blabbed to save his own arse but he kept acting like a prat."

"Yep, he was stunned when Daddy gave him the ultimatim. He went to the Goblins but he'd lost his trust vault and he's working and taking classes from the Goblins about how to live in the muggle world."

"I give him six months before his mouth gets him killed."

"The Hogwarts betting pool is four."

"When are you getting married and giving me a grandbaby?" Molly asks her daughter when she comes over.

"Never Mum." Molly holds a hand to her chest. "I've got another year of school, then I'm going to be playing professionally before I work for the ministry. I don't have a boyfriend. . .hell, I'm not even sure I like boys after having to put up with Won-Won for so many years. If any of my kids acted like him, I'd drown the little bastards."

Sirius hides a snigger as Molly turns various colors before Arthur drags her off.

"She's still dreaming about you and Harry marrying."

"She can keep dreaming." Ginny snorts. "I want a career . .not a family. I've been looking at the infomation on the muggle universities you sent Harry and Hermione, it's going to be a bit of work but hopefully I can attend one day."

"Do you have a muggle identity or school papers?"

"Professor McGonagall has been taking care of that for muggle-born students, thanks to the Ministry of magic Hogwarts is now on the rolls as a non-traditional secular school. I'd need an identity card, but I can get one of those from the Goblins."

A wailing has Ginny sighing.

"Mum KNOCK IT OFF!" She bellows. "I'm not getting married right after school and popping out grandbabies for you. GET OVER IT!"

"Is she going to be okay?"

"Yeah, give her a couple days. Her baby boy should have graduated today if he wasn't such an idiot. She's a little emotional. If it gets too bad, I'll head over to Luna's for a couple days."

Ron died in his mid-forties, being sat on by an egg-laying dragon in a restricted area when he was hiding from the Goblins for a nap. Molly cried and carried on about her life being over but the news that Fred and George were expecting his second and third child with Alicia and Angelina had her tears drying. Ron's body was scraped up and buried in the family plot, Molly still going out there sometimes to rail at her lazy son.

Hermione and Harry never married but had three children over the years, two girls and a boy named Rose, Lily, and James. All three were magical from an early age and started learning magical and non-magical subjects before attending Hogwarts. They stayed good friends with Fleur, Gabrielle, and Viktor.

Ginny never married but went to a muggle sperm bank where she was impregnated on her thirtieth birthday. She had twin daughters she named Beatrix and Isabella, both of whom were the apple of their grandpa's eye though her mother railed for months about her daughter having a baby out of wedlock. When Ginny said that she could leave and her mother wouldn't have to worry about the indignity of her daughter having children out of wedlock her mother wailed louder. Arthur just sighed and continued playing cootchy cootchy coo with the girls. He'd already had a long talk with Ginny when she first announced she was unmarried and pregnant, his daughter had told her that the biological father was her classmate Colin Creevy. He'd given her sperm and she had more stored if she ever wanted more children. But she didn't want to follow her mother's example of popping out children as long as she could have them and decided that two was enough. She threatened to hex the twins six ways from Sunday if they turned the girls into miniature them, then hexed them anyway because she knew one of them had his fingers crossed behind his back. She was their younger sister after all.

Ginny was head of the Department of Mysteries by the time she was fifty. She could have had the job at any time but wanted the girls to be out of school. The old head had officially handed control over to her the day after the girls graduated, then went on a long vacation in Tahiti. She ended up getting drunk that night and tumbling in bed with Colin and swore when she became pregnant again. Colin promised to be there for this child just as he'd been there for the girls. Nine months later a baby boy named James Arthur Creevy-Weasley was born, Ginny had flatly refused her mother's attempts to get her to name the boy after Ron. She was afraid that he'd turn out like his uncle and she'd really have to drown him. Thankfully though the boy had grown up loving books and had been sorted into Ravenclaw.

By this time the twins had a second location in Hogsmeade and had brought out Zonkos since the other company was still trying to get by with their old products and the twins were introducing something new all the time. They'd brought land and had a house large enough for both families and various friends who were popping over, taking the floo to their store when they'd outgrown the apartment over the store.

Harry started making custom brooms after he finished playing professionally. Firebolt had tried suing because he was using another brand broom but since they had no contract with him they'd lost the case and had to pay him damages for using his likeness without his permission. He had a workshop on the grounds of the Potter estate and always had time to fly with his children or the assorted members of the Weasley clan. Viktor went into the business with him when he retired and with two former national quidditch seekers owning the company it quickly took off. Bill joined them after he got too old to be a curse breaker, splitting his time teaching at Gringotts and making brooms.

Neville started bringing the Longbottom greenhouses back over the summer his fourth year after Fleur had introduced him to her father before the third task. With a contract already under his belt, he threw himself into his work and by the time he graduated the Longbottom name was already being talked about and it only grew from there. He ended up marrying Hannah and they had three children, two sons and a daughter.

Susan Bones had a similar arrangement as Ginny did with Dennis Creevy. Dennis was gay but liked Susan and knew that she needed a son to carry on the Bones name. He donated sperm and she had two sons, one that took the Bones name and one that took the Creevy name. Like his uncle, young Michael grew up with a camera in his hands and went to work for him and Luna working for the Quibbler when they took it over. Five years hard work had them overshadowing the Daily Prophet in sales. They ended up buying the other paper when it went belly-up ten years later, too many lies and settlements against them causing the paper to fold. The first thing Luna did was fire Skeeter. It took several years but the Daily Prophet became a respectable paper again.

Life was quiet. . .at least until Molly started demanding great-grandchildren.