Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


 

RONALD BILIUS WEASLEY, YOU DON'T SIT IN CLASS ALL BUT SHITTING YOURSELF BECAUSE 'THE LAST SAUSAGE DIDN'T AGREE WITH MY STOMACH!'!! The howler explodes in front of Ron the next morning. They called his parents about that? How petty are they?

After a good ten minutes of screeching. . .that Ron tunes out because he's too busy eating his second round of breakfast, the Howler explodes. Ron continues to eat, blithely thinking the disgusted looks everybody is giving him is for the teachers contacting his parents. Of course he can't have done anything wrong.

The rest of the week passes mostly peacefully, except for Ron skipping Astronomy because the class was too late, he needed his beauty sleep if he was going to look good for the photographers he was sure would be arriving at the school when his name was brought out from the Goblet during the ceremony. He'd even gone to the trouble of showering while the schools were arriving, after all who cares about flying horses pulling wagons or a boat coming up out of the middle of the lake.

"Mr. Weasley, the Headmaster wishes a word with you." Professor McGonagall sighs when she comes into the common room. Leading him to the office, she takes a seat.

"Mr. Weasley, why did you skip Astronomy last night?"

"It was late and I was tired. I needed my beauty sleep to look good for tonight's ceremony, the Prophet will have to be covering lighting the Goblet and the names coming out. I'm sure they'll be taking pictures of me along with whoever is picked from the other two schools. And Professor Sinistra got upset the last time I connected the dots on the others star maps. She threatened to throw me off the Astronomy Tower if I did it again." He smirks, sure that that's going to get the teacher yelled at. Why are they giving him dirty looks, don't they know he wants them yelling at her? He pouts and stomps his foot. After getting more detentions he is sent back to his Tower and drops onto a couch in the common room, huffing as he crosses his arms over his chest. Glaring at the wall for a long moment before going to the owlery. His Mummy will hear about this.

RONALD BILIUS WEASLEY, HOW DARE YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT PUNISHMENT FROM A TEACHER BECAUSE OF YOUR GOOFING OFF AND CUTTING CLASSES. I THOUGHT I RAISED YOU BETTER THAN THAT!!! Molly's threats on Ron's wellbeing continue for twenty minutes before the howler explodes. The students from the other schools blink while Hogwarts students unplug their ears and the teachers sigh while Ron continues shoveling food into his stomach. After dinner he's nearly dancing in his seat as Dumbledore talks about the tri-wizard tournament and makes an elaborate gesture of lighting the goblet.

"And for Hogwarts, Ron Weasley."

"YES!" Ron starts dancing on the table as the students file out and Professor McGonagall has to put him in a body-bind before he can join the other champions in the other room.

"So does this mean I get my own rooms? After all, as Hogwart Champion I can't be bothered by the others in the dorm."

"No Mr. Weasley, you'll still be rooming in Gryffindor Tower." Albus sighs.

"Hem, hem, where is Mr. Weasley?" A voice from the doorway asks, interrupting the potions class and making cauldrons explode.

"Madam. . ." Professor Snape sneers. "You just ruined two hours of very delicate work. The sign that says 'Do NOT Disturb' is on the doorway so this doesn't happen. Whatever made you think that that couldn't possibly apply to you? Everybody, clear up your stations and get out. We'll have to do this after dinner." After the last student has left he turns on Madam Umbridge and tears strips out of her hide with his tongue without raising his voice.

"And why would you come into my fourth year classroom asking about Mr. Weasley?" he sneers.

"He's a fourth year student."

"No he is not. He is a first year student for the fourth time."

"Excuse me, are you trying to say he failed the first year?"

"Three times, with this year looking to make number four."

"You cannot possibly be serious. I'm going to go talk to Headmaster Dumbledore about this."

Snape waves and smirks behind her back before he sends a complaint to the Ministry about her actions. Taking magical pictures he sends off a bill for the damages that is also sent to Albus before he heads to his office to grade papers and potions.

"What do you mean he's not a fourth year student?"

"Mr. Weasley is repeating the first year for his third time He feels that schoolwork is beneath him and being the Hogwarts champion means he doesn't have to attend classes so we fully expect him to fail a fourth time."

"But that's impossible, you never said anything like that in your reports."

"Oh yes I did, every year we send a report to the Ministry if a student has failed all their classes and must repeat a year. Mr. Weasley's name has been on that list since his first year."

"Well, we'll see about that." She huffs and floos the Ministry for the report, getting the reports for five years and finding that yes, Dumbledore had been reporting his failing the first grade.

"Call a meeting after dinner of your teachers, obviously you can't teach him." She huffs off.

"So since you seem unable to deal with the boy, I will be taking over his teaching for the rest of the year. And we will have an independent auditor come to give him his tests so you can't fail him out of spite. I'm also having the same auditor sitting in the classes, you'll be sorry." Umbridge flounces off and once the door is shut and locked securely Minerva whoops, followed seconds later by the others.

"No we won't. . . Bitch."