Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


"Minerva, really. Your language." Filius pretends to be shocked. McGonagall had told the others in no uncertain terms how she felt about the woman from the Ministry after meeting her earlier last summer when Fudge had come up with the 'grand' idea of reviving the tri-wizard tournament. "How can we expect the students to act like young ladies and gentlemen when you talk like a common football hooligan?"


"Your pardon Filius, you are absolutely right. My humble apologies Ladies and Gentlemen, I meant to say No we won't Sucker. Now you've got to deal with 'why should I pay attention to my classes. I'm going to lead the Chudley Cannons back to glory' Weasley." The rest of the teachers laugh. "Okay, who's got the betting book. How long it will take the stomach that walks to drive her off. Double the money if she ends up in St. Mungo."


"How long it takes her to snap and hex him? Again double the money if she ends up in Azkaban." Snape says. Professor Sprout nods and writes that down as various coins come out of pockets or are summoned and dropped into a jar.


"How long it takes him to start strutting around like a peacock about not having to go to classes anymore than whining to his mother when he's still got to work?"


"Sucker bet." Nodding heads. "How many howlers Molly sends him this year because he's done something stupid. . .as usual or went whining to her about being punished?" Numbers are written down and money goes in the pot.


"Who's handling the betting among the students?"


"The Weasley twins."


"Are we setting aside an empty classroom for them?"


"Yes, that way he can keep all his books and supplies there."


Ron whoops and starts dancing in the Great Hall at the news that he doesn't have any more classes. . .until he finds out that he'd be working with Madam Umbridge eight hours a day six days a week. Sniggering from the Gryffindors behind him at their table and he drops into his seat, sulking and barely managing to eat five plates of food.


"Mr. Weasley, where are your books?" Madam Umbridge asks.


"I didn't bring them with me." Ron asks.


"YOU DIDN'T BRING THEM WITH YOU!!!" She screeches. "You knew you'd have class this morning yet didn't bring your books and supplies with you?"


"But carrying my books makes my bag heavy." he whines.


"Mr. Weasley, go to your dorm and get all your books then come back here. We will be working in an empty classroom since the staff doesn't seem interested in teaching you."


Fifteen minutes after Ron has brought out all his books and set them up on a shelf.


"Mr. Weasley, where are your supplies? You cannot work without parchment, ink, and a quill."


"Umm, you didn't tell me to bring those."


Madam Umbridge sends him back to his dorm for the supplies. Once those are brought in and set up there's another problem."


"Mr. Weasley, where is your wand?"


"I didn't think I'd need it." He whines.


All Umbridge does is point and he trudges off again, whining that if she wanted him to have all those things for class she should have told him to bring them. Filius is watching him and sniggering. Ron winces as he holds up his wand in the classroom.


"Mr. Weasley, WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR WAND?"


"ummmmm, I think I kinda broke it?"


Filius moves into the shadows as Umbridge drags Ron to the Headmaster's office, steam is nearly pouring out of her ears. The Gargoyle moves and she drags him into the office, plucking his wand from his hand and throwing it onto Dumbledore's desk.


"Mr. Weasley broke his wand."


"Oh not again."


"Again? He's had a broken wand before?"


"Yes, this is his second wand at the school he had a mishap with the Whomping Willow and broke his wand nearly in half, using spellotape to hold it together. The wand didn't work quite the way he wanted. His father brought him a new wand what would have been his third year out of the winnings from the Prophet draw." He looks at the wand in front of him, it's got deep scratches from the tip nearly to the base of the wand, it's covered in strange food stuff, and . . . is that teethmarks?


"Do I have your permission to take him to Ollivander's to have it repaired or replaced?" Albus nods and sends her through the floo to the Leaky Cauldron.


The scream from Ollivander has various people looking that way, who knew the old man could swear like that?