Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


Chapter 15



Beth ran into Al and Celia that night, smiling at them. "Hi, guys."

Al hugged her. "Security is rabid."

"Yup. They need to be." She shrugged but cuddled back, pulling Celia into a hug too. "You looked frowny."

"I had a bad practice." She hugged her anyway. "We are going to dinner."

"I have forms." She sighed. "You can come help me do forms for Al if you want."

"Do them tomorrow, Beth. It's time for dinner. You need to eat." He walked them off, taking them up to Beth's apartment for dinner. Al had ordered and Celia went down to pick it up from security but it was fine. They settled in to eat. Beth realized she had skipped lunch because she was inhaling dinner. Al settled in next to her, cuddling her. Celia got her other side. Someone knocked so Celia reached over to open the door. "Yeah?" Al asked with a smile.

"Oh, I didn't realize it was a team night."

"We're very good friends with her," Al said. "Celia and I were her first trainees. We hang out a lot." He grinned. "Problems?"

"There's a young one that's staying here now? Is she a trainer?"

"She's an athlete who got attacked by her brother last night," Beth said. "So she's doing what I did, staying with Bill."

"Oh, I didn't hear that gossip. Was that what happened with our passes?"

"It's a security protocol. Also, you did hear that security's going to be checking all the cameras over the next few days?"

"I hadn't but it makes sense. Is she okay?"

"Mostly. Still a bit shaky."

"That makes sense. That poor thing. Let me know if she needs another female mentor, Beth."

"Not a problem. We're a lot like a family around here."

"I can see why. Oh, well, have a great dinner. Beth could probably use it. She works much too hard." She left.

Celia closed and locked the door. "What was she worried about?" she asked quietly.

"She came to my office earlier to have a careful woman talk about me having dinner with Bill," Beth said quietly. "She thought I was advancing the easy way."

"Doesn't work like that for handlers," Al said. Beth nodded, digging in again. "Is she hitting on you?"

"I don't think so. She was worried I was going to disrupt Bill's career I think."

"I think she was hitting on you," Celia said.

"Could be," Al agreed. "She is cute." Beth elbowed him. "Not like you try for sensual or sexy, Beth. You try for cute."

"I tried to be more modern and hip, but it all looks cute on me. Even the new things are cute instead of hot. Apparently I can't do hot."

"You can, you just need to shop in different places," Celia said. "We should shop."

"Very limited budget," Beth warned. "I used the gift card I got for the holidays for the new outfits."

"What did you buy?" Al asked. Beth went to get the stuff she hadn't unpacked yet. "No, model it," he ordered with a grin. She blushed but went in to do that.

Celia looked. "You need better bras first of all. That's not the right fit for you. Too small in the cup and supportive in the wrong way."

"I usually wear a sports bra but I bought one specifically with titty goddess support as the saleswoman said." She grinned. "I hadn't had one of those before."

Al tipped his head to the side. "If that's that bra, it's still smooshing them down, not making them perky." She rolled her eyes, going to change into the other outfits. He nodded at most of them. "Baggy pants," he said.

"They need to be. I have to be able to handle things in them."

"Point but still baggy."

"They fit. I just have a flat butt." She went to change into jammies then came back out after hanging up everything. "I tried for fashionably sensual."

"Some of them were nice, but not something that would make men stare at you," Celia said.

"Which is a good idea for work things," Beth reminded her.

"True." She patted her on the knee. Beth hugged her. Celia hugged back and groped a bit to try it out. Beth wasn't horrified but a bit worried. "It will change nothing," she promised quietly, taking a real kiss. Beth hesitated but kissed back after a moment.

Al shifted to watch them make out next to him, helping by untucking Beth's shirt for Celia. When it started to get too hot for the couch, Al stood up, taking off his shirt before lifting Beth up and carrying her to the bedroom. "Coming, Celia?"

"Yes, I hope I am." She wandered in there pulling down her hair. Al was busy kissing Beth so she got the younger woman undressed, then herself. Al's pants were easily taken off while Celia climbed in to tease Beth's breasts. Beth moaned but that was all right. It was a good thing to hear. Al nicely turned on some music to cover up some of the quieter noises. He dropped his pants then climbed in behind Celia to lick her spine. She pushed back against him, giving him permission.

Al looked at Beth over Celia's shoulder, grinning at her. "We have a choice of how to do this. Should we pin her down and tease her?"

"We can do that?"

"We sure can. She struggles to get free but likes it a lot." Celia swatted back at him. He used the arm to flip her onto her back so he and Beth could tease her all they wanted. Beth was getting pretty good with her mouth. Celia certainly liked the licking and nibbling going on. Al's nibbling and sucking was amusing too. They could have a lot of fun with such nibbling and sucking.

***

Outside, the handler from earlier was staring at Bill. "You can't tell me that's not a problem."

He cleared his throat. "Beth's curing a large problem that got her kidnaped twice." He walked off. "Beyond that, she's a fully grown woman now. I'm glad she's found someone who can make her laugh. Besides," he said, looking back at her from the stairwell door. "None of us would care. Especially not after we had to pull her off a plane because the kidnapers had drugged her heavily." He went back to his apartment. Sophia was a great girl. She even cooked some. He'd have to teach her more while reminding her it wasn't her job.

***

Director Bell smiled at Al and Celia as they joined the conference in his office. It was apparently going to be one of those weeks. "Handler Marsha has laid a complaint about interpersonal relationships going on."

"There's nothing wrong with athletes having relationships, sir," Celia said.

"Yes, but Beth isn't just an athlete," he said.

"And yet we're not in a relationship," Al said, sprawling casually in a chair. "We're helping her figure out a few things so that family can't come back." He stared at the director. "Also, I had no idea that what consensual adults did was anyone's business. Especially since I asked Beth and she said Handler Marsha had a problem with her and Bill having dinner the night before last."

"Bill is her father," the Director told her. "He's a very good man. He's doing a lot of good with Sophia as well. That's why we let him adopt athletes that need it." He looked at them. "To be blunt, the board will not like this...casual exploration."

"To be honest, would the board like her being taken again?" Celia asked dryly. "They probably didn't like the attention that brought. That's why she's gotten a few nasty notes from the board's favorite people."

"I had not heard about that."

"You know very well Beth won't come running unless it's a huge problem, sir." Al grinned. "She didn't even tell Bill about that family until about six months after they started."

"I found one letter and asked. She kindly dumped the rest on me to save her temper," Bill said from the doorway. "We have a problem, Director?"

"Handler Marsha has leveled an inappropriate conduct charge against Beth."

"I believe Handler Marsha should probably find employment somewhere else as she's been intentionally trying to upset multiple people. Including Beth by trying this same ploy against her having dinner with me. She's also upset a few athletes, including Dala. She tried to flirt with him. He's already stated he'll hire Beth as his personal handler if he must. Also, she's not a full time handler as she's still in school. Those are the board's rules.

"She's in training here, though she does do a lot of work that no one else seems to do. Including Handler Marsha, who has almost no one to work for. I handle three teams and six individual athletes. Beth has four individual athletes and a team. Marsha only has two athletes who really don't need a handler anyway." He looked at her. Then at him. "I believe she's a plant of the board as they're trying to weaken us so we'll all stay when they merge with the Woodblinds."

"Bill, if we turn into them, start your own facility so we can transfer there," Al said. "Be damned if I want to deal with them. They're unsupportive, they're ignorant of their people's fields, and they're usually highly inappropriate with everything. Including gear handling. They don't even have lockers in the gun range the last I heard."

"That is bad," the Director sighed. "It does leave us with a problem."

"The real problem is that Al and I both thought she was trying to hit on Beth last night so this sparks of jealousy," Celia said. Al nodded he agreed. "We asked her about Marsha and Beth said that she had talked to her about her relationship with Bill. Also, I have never seen a handler with that much cleavage." Marsha gasped, closing her shirt. "Some have been appropriately flirty but if I can see your bra it's the wrong way." She looked at the director again. "Must we really have such people as pretend handlers?"

"No," he sighed. "We do need more handlers."

"We have other options than the bimbos who'd hit on Dala, sir," Al said. "She and the other two have been hanging around him a lot, taking his attention from training. Gwenny had to shove two of them out of the gym the other day so they'd quit annoying him. Then told Beth, who sent them a strong memo about not upsetting the athletes or else they wouldn't have a job. None of the handlers would without the athletes who trained here."

The director nodded. "That's true, we wouldn't." He looked at Marsha. "Why are you so concerned about where Beth is getting stress relief?"

"She's..."

"Nineteen," Bill said. "Over age, was a virgin until about a month ago. I think that you're trying to nose into areas you shouldn't be."

Antonio strolled in, smiling at everyone but Marsha. "Why is Beth locked in her apartment?"

"Because I locked her in there," Bill said. "In case this one has more friends to help her."

"Bimbo like the ones that tried to play games with her?"

"No, we think she's jealous that Beth's your handler," Al said, looking back at him. "She's tried to accuse Bethie of sleeping with us, with Bill, and a lot of others."

"Ah. Great. Gold diggers, I hate that they happen." He looked at the director. "If you fire Beth, Hilda's already vowed to hire her as my personal handler because she puts up with me."

"I've gotten an attempted theft offer from Hilda for her," the director agreed. "Has Handler Marsha approached you in any manner?"

"No, two of her buddies had to be thrown out of the gym for annoying us though." He looked at her. "I've seen her staring but I'm not looking for a wallet hunter. I've had a few of those since the divorce. They tire me out and that's bad for my training." He looked at Al and Celia. Then at Bill. "You made her wear that outfit yesterday?"

"She's always picked out her own clothes, Dala. I've never been able to pick out anything for her," Bill said dryly. "She was trying to be a bit more fashionable."

"She looks like an overworked secretary. I'll ask Hilda where she goes. She wears uptight business gear and things that are less than flirty."

"She'd appreciate that and I'll give her a gift card for her birthday," Bill said. "She just used the one I gave her for the holidays."

"We'd love to go with her," Al quipped, grinning at Bill. "She unfortunately has a shirt problem due to her sizing. She went somewhere fashionable instead of fitting."

Dala nodded. "I noticed. She could use a bit of help but she has the basics down. Even if she does wear ugly knit pants."

"They're practical," Celia said with a shrug.

Dala sent a text message. Hilda sent back a sigh then a list of stores for Beth's form. She had actual curves so the more fashionable stores wouldn't work; they wanted stick figures and models, not real women. Dala printed it in the outer office, bringing it back to hand to Bill. Bill nodded his thanks, folding it to put into his pocket. Dala got a reminder text, wincing. "Oh, crap. I forgot that was coming up. Who goes to events?"

"Gwenny's booked for the ESPY's," Celia said with a smile. "So is Allison."

"Brent is too," Bill said.

"Beth's had to go," Al said. "But her gown's older, getting a bit worn out. She had to escort a few of her people to everything thanks to their wives not wanting to go but unwilling to let their husbands flirt without a watcher."

"I'll ask around then. Beth probably wouldn't want the press attention on her." He looked at Al and Celia, grinning slightly. "Celia, should I tell your coach you're up here?"

"Please if you run into him. Thank you."

"Not a problem. I'm heading for the pool. I'm doing the testing Beth suggested today. Don't bother me please." He went down there. Toby was waiting on him. "They're having a conference." He walked over to lean into the ice rink. "Celia's in the office. That new handler Marsha was making accusations," he said quietly, staring at Celia's coach. The man muttered something and nodded. "It'll probably be done soon. Bill locked Beth in her apartment to keep her out of the firing line." He went back to the pool, going in to change. "Sorry."

"We've heard," Toby said dryly. "Marsha's not really well liked."

"Thanks for kicking the others out again. They were annoying." He came out stretching and got into the pool. "Okay." He put on his goggles and got ready, going at the horn Toby set off. He swam his laps, going the full triathalon distance. Toby set off the horn when he was done. Antonio climbed out working his sore arms but got changed for the bike portion on a stationary bike. Toby nicely turned on a fan so he'd get the usual wind feeling to help him finish drying off. The bike shut off when he was done.

Antonio gulped some water as he changed into jogging gear, including a cup of gatorade he got handed by someone. He was down to his inner focusing. It only mattered that he finished the race. He jogged on the treadmill, letting it set the inclines and declines of a normal course. When he needed it, he called out 'water' and Toby gave him some.

By the end he was a sweaty wreck, barely able to stand. Toby set off the horn just before the treadmill stopped on its own. Antonio came off panting, bending over gripping his sore thighs. "I'm stupid for wanting to do that."

"You're not stupid and you had pretty decent times." Toby helped him into the bathroom, settling him on a shower bench and turning it on. He made notes for him and left them in the poor guy's locker. Antonio didn't need help showering off all the sweat. He heard the groan and smiled. "He made it in a decent time but not world shattering," he told the marathoners that trained there. They high-fived and went to talk to him. They knew that exhaustion after races. They could even help him eat something light so he could recover faster.

Beth brought in a bowl and a plate balancing on the bowl, plus a large bottle of water. Antonio looked up from his calming down talk, taking the water first. "Broth, with a bit of saltiness, and fruit slices." He took them, gulping the broth too. "Slow down or you'll get sick. You know better." He nodded, handing her back the bowl. She smiled, pulling another bottle of water out of the fridge in the changing area, handing it over.

"Thanks, Beth. Are you good?"

"I'm fine. It took me a while to unjury rig my door thanks to Bill but I managed it." She smiled. "Good job."

"How did I do?"

"Toby said not record setting but good," one of the marathoners said.

"He put it into your locker," she said with a head nod. He got up and stumbled that way, pulling out the scores. She pulled up the times for the last triathalon in the area. "This is the last one near here."

He compared the scores. "Ten minutes off on running. Five on biking. Swimming I would've made first." He sat down, sucking on the fruit. "I have some work to do."

"That's why they call it practice," she quipped, letting him recover.

He looked at them. "How far off the medal line are you guys?"

"About thirty in front of me," one admitted.

The other nodded. "I'm fifty-second."

"Okay, so we all gotta run a lot more faster," Antonio said, smiling at them. "I need to make my changes faster too probably. Why don't you guys try triathalon?"

"We get plenty from twenty-six miles of running." They shared a smirk then at him. "We all think the ones who do triathalons are a bit nuts."

"The divorce did it to me," Antonio said, cracking them up. They went with him to eat and go over strategies for making the run faster.

***

Beth woke up with a groan, holding her head. "Oh, fuck, not this again," she muttered, searching herself. Her panic button was still on her. She pushed it and waited. More than five minutes and she wasn't in the center any longer. She heard someone at the door and made herself stand up. The man who walked in wasn't one she knew. "Who are you and why am I here?"

"Miss, calm down. We have no idea who dropped you here so we put you in a safe spot until we could figure that out ourselves. You're suddenly sending a signal?"

"It's my emergency beacon. I've been kidnaped a few times and I'm a bit paranoid."

"Personal security guards?"

"Where I work. Who are you?"

"Miles Amberlin, State Department. You?"

"Beth DeSandra of the Reed Center. There's two files with my name on it in your agency's files."

"That's good to know." He looked her up. She leaned over to correct his spelling. "Better. Thank you. Oooooh." He blinked, looking up at her. "That makes more sense about why you're still tense." He smiled. "We're at the office in New York City."

"The Reed Center is upstate by about an hour."

"Okay. How did you get here?"

"The last I knew I was in my office."

"Oh, dear. All right. Let's call your bosses. All right?"

"I need to call my adoptive father. He's former military." He nodded. She took his phone, dialing the number. "Bill, it's me. I'm in New York City apparently at the State Department's safe room. I just woke up. The last I knew I was at my desk. What the hell!" she yelled. She blinked. "No I won't be calm!" She took the deep breath he ordered. "There, better? Who?" she growled. "I'm going to destroy her and her friends. Here, have the State Department guy." She handed over the phone so she could go kick the wall instead. The anger wasn't making her headache any better so she had to dump it before she did something stupid.

"She's very feisty, sir. Agent Miles Amberlin. New York City branch. No, she was found passed out on our doorstep. No note or anything but clearly not homeless and the paramedics on site said she wasn't drunk or drugged as far as they could tell. No purse or anything either."

"I don't tend to carry one unless I'm leaving the center. It's in my apartment." She looked at herself then at him. "Does he have any idea how I got here?"

"No, miss." He listened. "That would be great, thank you. That's fine. We can get her some coffee and let her rest in here. I'll have our paramedics go over her. Good plan. Just bring her ID and yours please, sir." He hung up and tucked his phone back into his jacket pocket. "He'll be here as soon as he can. He'll bring your ID and his, and he's stopping the security guards. Though I would've set it off as well."

"No off button, sorry."

"That's fine. It's reasonable. Just relax. I'll send in a paramedic to check you over and draw blood. All right?" She nodded, sitting down again. "I'll have them bring you coffee?"

"Water would be great," she said more quietly.

"That's fine then." He left, leaving a guard there. He let the paramedic handle it for now while they watched on the cameras.

"Miss DeSandra, I'm Peter Millers," the paramedic said, bringing in a bag and the water. "Let's see what happened."

"The last I knew, I was in my office." She took the water to sip, sighing. "How long was I out?"

"No clue. We found you about an hour ago."

"Great." She leaned her head against the wall then sat up. "Bad vibration on that one."

"Do you think you may have a concussion?"

"I don't feel dizzy or have double vision but I've only had the one concussion in my life. I was ten."

"We can do the check then. May I draw some blood?" She nodded, holding out her arm. "Thank you for being so cooperative. We'd like to figure out who to charge with kidnaping you."

"Can I have them first?"

"If you get there first I don't think anyone's going to mind as long as they're able to be arrested." He smiled. "Let's do the light test." She nodded, letting him do all the checks he wanted. "I'm going to ask a bad question. Do you think I should get a female nurse in here to do a check?"

She grimaced, shaking her head. "I started my cycle about three this afternoon if it's the same day."

"That doesn't preclude it."

"I don't feel any more sore than I usually do," she admitted. "I did have intercourse last night."

"That's fine. Then I won't suggest we do a test unless we find positive proof of it." He patted her on the knee as he stood up. "Just relax, finish the water. You look all right. Someone should be here soon by what they said." He left, taking his bag with him. The blood got sent to the lab. He noticed when the guy there for her got there, the temperature seemed to drop. He looked around. "I thought it was just my mother that did that."

"It's something they teach drill instructors in the Army," Bill said. "I'm here to pick up Miss DeSandra. This is my ID, her ID and Center ID." He let the agents see them. "Was she harmed?"

"Bloodwork's still pending," the paramedic said. "No obvious concussion signs. Got a bit of a temper but I think that's normal. She doesn't think they hurt her in any other way. Asked to have them first."

"Not if I get there before she does, then I'll hold them for her. May I?" They took him to the room, letting her rush over to hug him. "Shh, I'm here." He looked at the agents. "Is she in trouble?"

"No, sir. The first thing she did was set off her emergency beacon."

"Good." He looked down at her. "You okay?" She shook her head. "We'll figure it out." He gave her a hug. "Is she done?"

"Yes, sir, unless someone up there knows how she got on our doorstep."

"The security team is going over all the tapes. Our director has promised cooperation and a few of us are livid due to what's happened before."

"She told me about those files and I looked. I'm glad they've been stopped." The agent handed him her jacket and shoes. "That's all she had on her. We had found the emergency beacon and let her keep it to see what she'd do with it after removing the battery." He handed it to her.

She pulled back to look at them then at Bill. "Was I taken from my office?" He nodded. "One of the other handlers?"

"No clue yet. They tried to jam most of the system but there were some still working." He looked at her. "Are you all right?"

"I could use a bathroom break and a quarter."

"A quarter?" Bill asked, looking confused.

"Machine, womanly things machine," she hissed. He handed her a quarter and an agent took her to the bathroom. She came out looking calmer, having wiped her face down as well. She sighed as she took her shoes back. "Thank you, guys. You were very nice to me. I hope we don't have to meet this way again." They smiled. "Can I go?" They nodded, escorting them out to the car. She walked off a few feet into the alley to let out a string of swearing that made Bill wince. Then she came back and got into the car. She sighed in displeasure. "Fuck this shit."

"I'm hoping I get to tell that to someone in person." He started the car, driving her off. "Are you really all right?"

"I'm being girlish, my head doesn't hurt much but it's not exactly nice in there, and I'm really, really mad." She looked at him. "I need a punching bag and some chocolate ice cream. How did we know I was missing?"

"The security team got worried when half the cameras blanked out but Cecily said you were missing because you should've been at practice and weren't waiting on her." She nodded. "You were thought to be in your office by security."

"That's where I remember I was last." She leaned her head on her fist on the window, looking out it. "I'm going to have ice cream for dinner."

"Yes you can. It's good in this sort of situation. Before I make you move back in." She smiled but didn't turn her head. "Sleep. It's about an hour in this traffic." She nodded, leaning the back some so she could rest. When they were stopped by traffic, he sent a text message that they were on their way back. That way people would quit worrying. Or seething in a few cases. Al was seething and Celia was sharpening a knife the last he knew. She was a bit scary when she wanted to be. He parked at the Center and woke Beth up, making her flinch. "Hey. Just me. We're home." She nodded, getting out. She was immediately grabbed by someone and fought against them until Bill could come help her. "Let her go!" The reporter stepped back. "What did you think you were doing?"

"She's dating ...."

"No I'm not. I'm a *handler*. I deal with paperwork for athletes. I'm not dating anyone." The reporter winced. "Now, I was kidnaped just a few hours ago. I'm in a *great* mood and if I was armed you'd be dead. Do you really think that's a good idea?" He ran off.

"I'll find out who he is and make a complaint to his editor or supervisor," Bill said, taking her inside. The guard handed her a new pass, getting a nod of thanks. They reset her code there for her. "Any idea on the reporter?"

"The leach is from one of the gossip rags but I don't know who."

"See if Dala does."

The guard printed out a picture. "He's waiting with the ice skater and sharpshooter in her apartment, Major."

"Thanks. They're great friends." She went up with Bill, still exhausted. Al opened the door when the elevator dinged, grabbing her to hug. "I missed you too. I deserve ice cream for dinner."

"Yes you do." He brought her in, sitting on the couch with her in his lap. Celia rubbed over her arm to calm her down. "She good?" he asked Bill.

"They didn't say the blood they drew was bad." He held up the photo to Dala. "Grabbed her as she got out of the car. Who do I have to complain to?"

He took a picture of it and sent it to a number in his phone. He got back a question so he told her why. "The PR person at the company. Hilda's too big for that threat." He got back an answer, holding it up so Bill could see.

"Let me know so I can beat him," Beth said. "Is there any ice cream?"

"I'll have some sent over from the grocery store," Antonio said. "It's definitely a good day for a girlish cure." She nodded. "Chocolate chip cookie dough? Or just chocolate?"

"Chocolate Therapy by Ben and Jerry's?"

"I can order that." He sent that order, getting it delivered quickly for a nice tip. The guards brought it up with the grocery guy. Antonio paid and took the bag with a nod. She got her ice cream, Celia got hers, Al got one. Bill took his and Antonio took his. "How's the girl?"

"Frustrated with her father insisting that it's because she's into sports. Somehow her being good at it was what warped her brother." He shook his head, getting them spoons to hand out. "I pointed out plenty of women were good at sports and it didn't do anything to their men. Must've been a weakness in that one." He gave him a look then a smirk. "He was horrified that I pointed out the faulty gene's originating point." Beth giggled. "Exactly." He settled in to eat his ice cream. Beth was slowly nibbling hers while they were cuddling her. She had to get up to go to the bathroom once but came back and got cuddled again.

Beth finally looked up. "Was it the slut that got me locked in here earlier?"

"One of the ones that got kicked out of the gym," Antonio complained. "Sorry."

"The reporter thought she was dating someone but she didn't let him say who," Bill said.

"I'll straighten that out. Just in case." He looked at her. "Sorry?"

"Not your fault they have marshmallows for brains."

He grinned. "True. I'm pretty but not pretty enough to make them that brainless. That has to come naturally." She laughed but nodded, digging in again, resting against Al's shoulder. He put his ice cream into the freezer. "I'll get that tomorrow for lunch when I come up to make sure you're eating, young lady." He patted her on the head. "Let me go talk to someone about stupid things." He winked and strolled off.

Bill smiled. "Let me go check on Sophia. I'll check on you again at breakfast." He gave her a look, getting a smile back. "Guys, are you staying?"

"Since it's not really a secret thanks to the gold diggers, yup," Al said.

"Of course I am," Celia agreed. "She needs the comfort."

"Good." He kissed Beth on the forehead after standing up. "Be good, don't break them." He went back to his apartment. Sophia had been crying so he hugged her and let her have the ice cream. It helped most girls having emotional issues.

Al looked at Beth. "We'll go cuddle."

"Couldn't do much else anyway," she mumbled. "Not with *that* going on."

"Girlish times happen," Al quipped, taking her into the bedroom. The ice creams went into the freezer and they settled in to cuddle Beth until she could sleep without nightmares. It was comforting to all of them.

Outside, Antonio Dala looked at the two reporters still there. "So, which one of you nearly became a greasy spot?" he demanded, staring at them.

"He ran back to the office," one of them said with a wince. "What happened? There were agents!"

"One of the handlers got kidnaped. Again. Before it was people who wanted her as an athlete, this time apparently it was a hopeful gold digger who thought she was in their way, that's why she was dropped off on a federal agency in New York City." He put his hands in his pockets. "Thankfully she's all right." The reporters backed up a step. "Needless to say, the rumors that I'm dating my handler are untrue. She's a great young woman but she's too young for me. She's also too busy for me. I need someone who can live my life, not making me bend to their schedule. Let's leave her alone. All right?" They nodded. "Especially since he grabbed her."

"Was that the same lady that nearly had to beat someone to death at the soccer event?" the other reporter asked. He grimaced but nodded. "She's pretty."

"She's nineteen, an athlete in her own right, and works here full time plus college." They groaned. "She doesn't have time to wonder about boys, much less date someone needy like I am. So let's leave her alone. Period." They nodded, making note of that. "If not, I'll have to ask Hilda to help the poor girl. We'd all hate to see that, right?" he asked with an evil smirk. They nodded and shuddered. Hilda wasn't nice to reporters that screwed up.

"Good. Let me go home so I can plan how to deal with that reporter that grabbed her. And if any of you caught the kidnaping on tape and didn't turn it in, this is your warning I'll hunt you down." He walked off, going to his car to go home. The reporters called those reports in. When Antonio Dala threatened you, you knew he'd carry through. He had somehow punished one reporter that had upset Hilda back when they had been dating. That guy still wasn't right in the head.